Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Shirkelton posted:

...how much do you eat in four hours?

Every 10 minutes or I die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

The best part is that they are holding a reveal for a menu.

Well, you know, last chance to squeeze the marks.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Mal-3 posted:

Well, you know, last chance to squeeze the marks.

Eh...I don't know. Do you think there might be a market for the 4K disc? Because if you are going to polish a turd, you might as well get the most out of every embedded kernel and glistening contour. Plus, there's the chance to sell variant covers of the box art, one for each individual hero, plus two versions of the group shot. Oh and one of Darksied where he looks like a graphics card box.

EDIT: Oh gently caress, I forgot about commentary tracks, because you know that's going to be amazing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

The best part is that they are holding a reveal for a menu.

"Oh my god! CILANTRO! Snyder is a culinary AND cinematic genius!"

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It didn’t exist though, it took an additional $70mil in reshoots alone to create it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

At least that meme got it right in that everyone hates that version of Lex as much as they hate insane Snyder cut fans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It didn’t exist though, it took an additional $70mil in reshoots alone to create it.

Movies spend the entire budgets of other movies to finish things that definitely existed all the time.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

lol what? No, the 70 mil was just to finish the vfx. The "reshoots" amounted to one scene about 4 minutes long.

The visual effects supervisor/producer made a post about that
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpstpujjlC/

"In 2019 Zack invited me to his screening room to see his cut of Justice League. It was in black and white and it did exist. It was over 3 hours long, full of previsualization and work in progress effects along with finished visual effects. "

Also the gratitude in getting to work when there's a pandemic going on and no new projects in the pipeline, but that's just gravy really.

Or I guess people can keep on denying what the folks who actually worked on the movie have been saying all along.

McCloud fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 31, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why are you so loving weird, dude

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tfw your entire identity is tied up in a loving movie

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, if you think they brought the loving cast back for one four minute scene three years after the fact I've got a bridge to sell you.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Arist posted:

Why are you so loving weird, dude

You're getting awfully riled up over a silly meme, dude. It certainly wasn't aimed at anyone.

Arist posted:

Anyway, if you think they brought the loving cast back for one four minute scene three years after the fact I've got a bridge to sell you.

Talking over the people who actually worked on the film is certainly something, I'll say that much.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: nevermind

Arist fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 31, 2021

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Arist posted:

Come the gently caress on, at least own your poo poo dude

Own what exactly?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People do not generally post those kinds of memes on this site.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was a pretty funny meme.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Arist just gets bent put of shape whenever Snyderfilms come up.

That said, that scene is uncomfortably sexy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

"Mmm, desaturated plodding weirdly serious crud with the same soundtrack as all your other movies, thanks Lex! You sure were right about this existing!"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If the "actually we only brought everyone back for a very short scene" stuff is true then it's loving inexcusable that Snyder went out of his way to get Jared Leto to join the cast for one scene.

That's honestly my big ugh point with the Snyder Cut as it stands right now. Either Snyder is lying his rear end off and the reshoots were extensive or he isn't and he made the specific decision to make one new scene which apparently involves Leto and absolutely had to be in his film.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 31, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FilthyImp posted:

That said, that scene is uncomfortably sexy.

Nah

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

site posted:

Tfw your entire identity is tied up in a loving movie

it fits really neatly in this $100 box though

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We are never going to stop arguing about this drat movie.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

FilthyImp posted:

Which is weird considering they're the most eager to drudge it up and are rarely interested in talking about anything else.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am dying to know how the Snyder verse fans will try to spin a 4 hour movie not being a loving slog to get through.

Like do they really think the script was just so jam packed with awesome ideas and there's nothing superfluous to edit out?

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Monaghan posted:

I am dying to know how the Snyder verse fans will try to spin a 4 hour movie not being a loving slog to get through.

Like do they really think the script was just so jam packed with awesome ideas and there's nothing superfluous to edit out?

What does this even mean? No one is forcing you to watch it. Or are you saying that a films' length should never be a creative decision?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

What does this even mean? No one is forcing you to watch it.

Of course not but Snyder seems to have such diehard fans who eat his stuff up and I can't possibly think why anyone would think a 4 hour movie is a good idea. I've seen fans post who think that this is awesome.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Monaghan posted:

Of course not but Snyder seems to have such diehard fans who eat his stuff up and I can't possibly think why anyone would think a 4 hour movie is a good idea.

There are like 40 hours of Parks and Rec. There's plenty of streaming runtime for all of us, happy to help.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Which is weird considering they're the most eager to drudge it up and are rarely interested in talking about anything else.

what are you even talking about

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

There are like 40 hours of Parks and Rec. There's plenty of streaming runtime for all of us, happy to help.

TV shows are by their nature episodic. They have a beginning middle and end that run an hour. There may be an overarching plot but Movies don't generally format their story the same way as a tv show.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Monaghan posted:

TV shows are by their nature episodic. They have a beginning middle and end that run an hour. There may be an overarching plot but Movies don't generally format their story the same way as a tv show.

And.. why is that bad? People aren't going to be charged on a minute by minute basis to watch ZSJL , so are you worried that the plebeian masses will accidentally waste their time on a Snyder film?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

STAC Goat posted:

We are never going to stop arguing about this drat movie.

We need to get together in person already and have some drinks and just chill.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’ve never watched 12 episodes of Parks and Rec in a row but a lot of people here probably have.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KVeezy3 posted:

And.. why is that bad? People aren't going to be charged on a minute by minute basis to watch ZSJL , so are you worried that the plebeian masses will accidentally waste their time on a Snyder film?

Well, you see, editing is an important part of filmmaking, and more movie is not automatically the same thing as better movie

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

And? Why is that bad? People aren't going to be charged on a minute by minute basis to watch ZSJL , so are you worried that people will accidentally waste their time on a Snyder film?

Because movies almost always tell a singular story. Movies are made to be engaged in one sitting as a general rule and their structure of the story is formatted around that. There's a good reason that there are so few movies go over 3 hours.

I'm not worried I just think it's a dumb idea. Nothing about Snyders stuff makes me think that the movie will be well paced and engaging for four hours. That's a monumentally difficult task for any filmmaker.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 31, 2021

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Justice League is easy mode

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9047474/

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Arist posted:

Well, you see, editing is an important part of filmmaking, and more movie is not automatically the same thing as better movie

Monaghan posted:

Because movies almost always tell a singular story. Movies are made to be engaged in one sitting as a general rule and their structure of the story is for mated around that. There's a good reason that there are so few movies go over 3 hours.

I'm not worried I just think it's a dumb idea. Nothing about Snyders stuff makes me think that the movie will be well paced and engaging for four hours. That's a monumentally difficult task for any filmmaker.

I'm even more confused now, as literally none of us have seen the over-long movie that we are currently protesting the run-time about - ostensibly the same one that we were never interested in seeing.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Are you really having this much trouble understanding "it is a bad idea to make your movie four hours long"?