Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

LorneReams posted:

Get great to perfect artifact sets tends to be a vague number-crunching exercise, while just ascending a character is fairly straight forward, so I can see the appeal.

Yeah, perfect artifacts is kind of a long term goal. I spent like 15 fragile resin on the fire artifact domain, after Klee was kitted out with acceptable artifacts, and got 1 witches flower that I considered to be better than what she had already. Whereas if you ascend the character you're guaranteed a result. Just weaving in different goals breaks up the monotony of logging in every day for an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

black.lion posted:

i feel like ive received conflicting answers

Someone was making a joke about the different characters being different skins for your artifacts (aka where the real numbers come from)

The real answer is no, but there's currently a "dressing room" button in the game that only serves to change the skin of your characters' gliders. I'd say it's pretty unlikely they'd call it that with the intention of only ever using it for gliders.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

There's also a Seelie (glowing orb spirit thing) pet that you can get to follow you around. It was from an event, so if you start now then you're poo poo out of luck, but it'll probably roll around again in a few months. You can pick from three wonderful colors: Boring Blue, Piss Yellow, and Perfect Pink.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I remember a poster or two were predicting most people'd pick the blue treasure seelie, because it was the default option, the event seelie was blue, and the world seelies are blue. We were surprised when the stats revealed the opposite

I also remember reading somewhere that in public toilets, the stall closest to the door is generally the least frequently used, because everyone assumes it'll be the most-used and most likely to be dirty

I wonder how many people avoided the blue one, because they didn't want what they guessed would be the most common choice?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it being least chosen made enough sense, i feel like a lot of people were also saying that having the one that just matches what already exists would be boring

i didn't even realize they assigned arbitrary rarity to them which was apparently a factor in some people's choice too ("yellow gives 5* luck!")

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Thoom posted:

This is my motley crew. AR38, so not quite at artifact farming level yet. I've just gotten Ganyu up to a reasonable level and I'm trying to figure out how best to use her. I have a Prototype Crescent (lv70), Stringless (lv20), and some random garbage bows. Other notable weapons are Skyward Pride x2, Lion's Roar x2, Black Sword, and Widsith x3.

The teams I'm considering are Diluc/??/Ganyu/Xingqiu or Keqing/??/Ganyu/Xingqiu with Ganyu as a support, or Ganyu/Xiangling/??/Xingqiu with Ganyu as carry. What would be good picks to fill in the ??s, and would Bennett be a better healer than Xingqiu for any/all of them?

No idea how well Ganyu runs as a support, but I definitely notice when I forget to bring Fischl around since Oz does so much damage as a turret. I think Diluc, Xingqiu, Bennett, and Fischl would be a solid group. Note that I am kind of biased because that is what I use and it melts everything. Also, seeing as you have a 5* claymore it should be more effective for you than it is for me.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I picked the pink one because it looked light, but it's a dark magenta :\

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I picked blue because it's my favorite color and synergizes the most with Chongyun v:shobon:v

But I'll happily relish in the fact that I have the rarest type on top of it not being ugly piss yellow or way too saturated pink that doesn't match with anything.

dogsicle posted:

i didn't even realize they assigned arbitrary rarity to them which was apparently a factor in some people's choice too ("yellow gives 5* luck!")

They don't have different item rarity. People just noticed their colors correspond with 3*, 4*, and 5* colors. The items themselves are all 4*

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

huh, my definitions for those colors are way stricter so i never would've thought to equate them based on that and assumed there had to be more to it

lol.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I soloed Domain of Guyun 90 without electro (usual Klee/Childe/Albedo/Bennett overworld team) despite everyone getting potentially oneshot by the Ruin Hunter and stunlocked to death by the mages and I feel really accomplished :unsmith: is this what clearing Abyss is supposed to feel like? I'm Very Bad at genshin by metrics of not switching out for reactions because Lost Prayer Klee is a greedy child and I need Childe instead of XQ to bust down level 90 pyro shields before dying to bullshit - apart from Albedo's flowers and going Bennett E into Childe E, it's not a very reactive comp. I just don't have the mats to build a team for a top level domain. heh if and when I get Fischl's C6, though, I'm gonna smoke Guyun

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I picked the yellow one because it goes well with my abundance of Geo characters

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Just FYI, if you are still doing the web event, you are going to need to edit this in your browser's HTML editor. Just erase the text in the div starting from "View" in the screenshot above, and the button for the link will show up. Apparently the website checks if you click the link and will disregard if you visited the site before i.e. they won't look at your cookies.

These developers and/or their QA sort of suck.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

me at end of december: 'albedo is so great i'm so pleased with this i'm not even interested in ganyu just gonna save up'

me at end of january:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

For those who adore the Slime Paradise music, it's actually from the official soundtrack but only plays on a few occasions (in Xiangling's and Jean's story quests)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0A0d_Q8I40

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

zgrowler2 posted:

I soloed Domain of Guyun 90 without electro (usual Klee/Childe/Albedo/Bennett overworld team) despite everyone getting potentially oneshot by the Ruin Hunter and stunlocked to death by the mages and I feel really accomplished :unsmith: is this what clearing Abyss is supposed to feel like? I'm Very Bad at genshin by metrics of not switching out for reactions because Lost Prayer Klee is a greedy child and I need Childe instead of XQ to bust down level 90 pyro shields before dying to bullshit - apart from Albedo's flowers and going Bennett E into Childe E, it's not a very reactive comp. I just don't have the mats to build a team for a top level domain. heh if and when I get Fischl's C6, though, I'm gonna smoke Guyun

For me it's doing ~1 min clears of the noblesse domain. Something about punking three different abyss mages with inflated hp pools with 4+ bursts feels great especially when you don't actually take that much time to clear it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

that poor electro slime has been trapped in the machine the entire week.

wait poo poo the 1.3 event doesn't start till the 10th? that is lame.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Thoom posted:

Thanks for the advice! I am planning to put whatever I can into the banner before it goes away, because I like all the 4*s and the off chance of C1 Ganyu seems worth potentially resetting my pity if that happens. I don't really care about the Xiao/Keqing banners so I've got at least a month to resume stockpiling.

I assume I'll stumble into C1 Bennett eventually (from the stardust shop if not sooner), so it sounds like I'm working towards getting Diluc/XQ/Ganyu/Bennett online. If I'm going that direction, is it worth putting time and effort into leveling up Stringless or should I focus on farming decent artifact sets as soon as I hit AR40?

Yeah C1 Bennet seems likely eventually, it's not like you need C5 or something. Stringless is outstanding if you are using Ganyu as support because it has EM as a substat. I'm using blackcliff warbow but I'm also not sure how one ganyus properly.
Diluc/XQ/Bennet is a solid core, I run Chongyun/XQ/Bennet but I use Sucrose for the 40% debuff from Viridescent Veneer set. C3 Sucrose and C4 Xiangling are both great for abyss 2nd teams.

Also the most important advice I can give you tonight: Never poo poo talk a fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN4DvmsVhkI

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

No idea how well Ganyu runs as a support, but I definitely notice when I forget to bring Fischl around since Oz does so much damage as a turret. I think Diluc, Xingqiu, Bennett, and Fischl would be a solid group. Note that I am kind of biased because that is what I use and it melts everything. Also, seeing as you have a 5* claymore it should be more effective for you than it is for me.

Ha, I ran this exact combo for the cryoflower today, I was impressed enough to save the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMoYOHBBxk

Oz just adds so much frigging damage and is up just about permanently. I haven't been using Fischl in Abyss and and I'm starting to reconsider the thought process behind that decision.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Thoom posted:

This is my motley crew. AR38, so not quite at artifact farming level yet. I've just gotten Ganyu up to a reasonable level and I'm trying to figure out how best to use her. I have a Prototype Crescent (lv70), Stringless (lv20), and some random garbage bows. Other notable weapons are Skyward Pride x2, Lion's Roar x2, Black Sword, and Widsith x3.

The teams I'm considering are Diluc/??/Ganyu/Xingqiu or Keqing/??/Ganyu/Xingqiu with Ganyu as a support, or Ganyu/Xiangling/??/Xingqiu with Ganyu as carry. What would be good picks to fill in the ??s, and would Bennett be a better healer than Xingqiu for any/all of them?

That's a nice box. I have been really enjoying various flavours of Keqing/Albedo/Fischl/X. Crystallize counts for Fischl's second ascension passive, and you'll basically always be shielded. X varies depending on what extra element I need, it's usually Bennett or Noelle.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Araganzar posted:

Ha, I ran this exact combo for the cryoflower today, I was impressed enough to save the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMoYOHBBxk

Oz just adds so much frigging damage and is up just about permanently. I haven't been using Fischl in Abyss and and I'm starting to reconsider the thought process behind that decision.

Okay, my question is why the heck was the flower alive long enough to be attacking you at the beginning of the video? I feel like with Diluc it should be down before it does anything.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Been camping 12-3 for 3 days for a good buff to 3-star it before the reset and gotten the same terrible buffs (weakpoint and stamina) each day. Did they change how things work or am I just hideously unlucky? I can finish with 6:45, so even the next weakest usable offense buff would probably get me there.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:negative:
https://i.imgur.com/hP0PiSG.mp4
A miserable 4 hours and a few artifact upgrades later :byob1:
https://i.imgur.com/p9Bfjqm.mp4
The things I do for 50 primogems

Team 1, for reference. Turns out Ganyu's not a bad sub-DPS for Klee, especially when there's Geo to spam overpowered crystals.
https://i.imgur.com/BK51QqE.mp4

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i hit my normal gacha pity early again and got another gravestone lol

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Any word from the future what the stardust shop for February contains?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The future should know at 3 PM EST. I think there are only six potential choices - Beidou, Ningguang, Noelle, Xinyan, Diona, Xingqiu.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
In the long run I am wondering if it is better to spend Starglitter on rolls rather than characters unless they expand the 4* pool or increase the reward for C7. Even FTP I have a C6 already, and contributing ~ 11% toward 5* pity roll + being close to the average 4* rate for something seems more valuable in the long run. If there is someone who you need at C6 who is crucial to your build and you are at C0, sure I guess, but eventually you will grab it from standard rolls or some character banner.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Well, Xiao is probably going to suck because i'm guaranteed to get them. Last pull of the month says no cocogoat rocket launcher for me! Whoever is after Xiao is going to be great though because i'll lose the coinflip again and get another Keqing constellation. Did end up with a C6ed Noelle and Xingqiu and a C5 Xiangling though so it could be worse? i guess?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Well, Xiao is probably going to suck because i'm guaranteed to get them. Last pull of the month says no cocogoat rocket launcher for me! Whoever is after Xiao is going to be great though because i'll lose the coinflip again and get another Keqing constellation. Did end up with a C6ed Noelle and Xingqiu and a C5 Xiangling though so it could be worse? i guess?

The Ganyu banner continues into tomorrow, so if you're close to pity you can use the pulls from the Starglitter shop in the morning.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I didn't know how Xiao's plunge worked until recently but he may actually do a ton of damage. So idk if he looks fun for you maybe that's not so bad.

EDIT: Shop is Beidou, Noelle.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Ning no sale

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they should just leave all the freebies in on a monthly basis, i would like to C6 Kaeya in a time frame shorter than two years

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
No Ning in the shop means she will be part of Xaio's banner right? RIGHT?!

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

No Ning in the shop means she will be part of Xaio's banner right? RIGHT?!

She drat well better be. I need C1, dammit, and my freebie is reserved for Chong.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The rumor for this banner is Barbara, Beidou, Xinyan. We'll see in eight hours.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Karia posted:

She drat well better be. I need C1, dammit, and my freebie is reserved for Chong.

C2 is the big Ning upgrade, C1 is just nice to have

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

The rumor for this banner is Barbara, Beidou, Xinyan. We'll see in eight hours.

No ning no sale

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

I didn't know how Xiao's plunge worked until recently but he may actually do a ton of damage. So idk if he looks fun for you maybe that's not so bad.

EDIT: Shop is Beidou, Noelle.

I've been waffling on my shop pick all month since I use both Fischl (C5) and phusical Xianling (C1) a lot. Does Xianling's C2 provide a lot of damage/pyro application? I'm leaning away from Fischl simply because it feels like future pulls would be "wasted" but if her C6 is THAT much more powerful than Xianling's C2, I could live with it.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Andrast posted:

C2 is the big Ning upgrade, C1 is just nice to have

Ah, but does C2 let you mine better? I didn't think so :colbert:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Couldn't they tell us the banner before the month resets? I'm sitting on 5k primo debating whether to pull for XQ or Noelle constellations and possibly get starglitter for C6 Fischl. Barbara and Xinyan being on the same banner would be a hard no for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Hm. I think I'll hold off on pulling unless Xiao is that great. I don't even care if Hu Tao isn't great, I love her character design and want her. Guess I'll have more time to stockpile primos if he's not worth going for.

Kinda wanna do a tenpull and maybe get a xingqiu though.

In fact, gently caress. Let's do it live. Hold on.

WELL then. I... did not see that coming, I hadn't done any pulls since pulling Ganyu on day 1 of the banner, so this is a tenpull fresh off of pity. Hello, yeet cannon and R2 Stringless.