Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so is mark yazaki real, or is he the mavis beacon of the astrology set?

google's digging up a lot of copy-pasted citations about him pushing the additional-sign theory, but not any sort of information that makes him seem like an actual person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for this. Probably going to watch it tonight.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1345496035477471232

How has no one posted yet that zari-gani got married yesterday?! Congratulations! I still have the GCCX movie poster she sent me like half a decade ago on my wall. :shobon:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I saw it, but didn't know if I should post it or not. Congrats Zari

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Congratulations to zari-gani! I'm not sure where you can honeymoon right now, but I hope you enjoy it!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Huge congratulations, zari-gani! You've brought us so much joy over the years, so I wish you joy by the truckload in return!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Congrats zarigani!!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
:toot:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1345496035477471232

How has no one posted yet that zari-gani got married yesterday?! Congratulations! I still have the GCCX movie poster she sent me like half a decade ago on my wall. :shobon:

Because zarigani and SpaceCoyote are separate beings!
You don't ask Bruce Wayne to show his face while Batman is busy!

Jokes aside, congratulations, may the newlyweds have a great life together!
I have a great wife, our kid is old enough to cheer when Arino wins, it's a great lifestyle.

...is there any cake leftover?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yo those cake toppers own.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Geese > Chicken

Well wishes for your adventures in matrimony zari-gani!

And thank you to GooseCanyon for continuing the delivery of quality GCCX fansubs!

PlanetFlavor fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 6, 2021

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Thanks! When the world is safe again we want to go to Japan for a honeymoon and I can introduce Bob to the GCCX crew. Also big props to the continued translation efforts.

To keep things relevant: thanks to Ray Barnholt for mentioning me on the Retronauts episode about GCCX, because that got me to listen to Retronauts for the first time due to my vanity. I stuck around and liked the co-host enough that I started listening to his Simpsons podcast and now we're married

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 7, 2021

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Congrats Zari-gain.

Say hi to me if you’re ever back in Tokyo.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

zari-gani posted:

To keep things relevant: thanks to Ray Barnholt for mentioning me on the Retronauts episode about GCCX, because that got me to listen to Retronauts for the first time due to my vanity. I stuck around and liked the co-host enough that I started listening to his Simpsons podcast and now we're married

This is so sweet! Congratulations to you both!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

zari-gani posted:

Lmao that owns

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Amazing story. Congrats! And appreciation from a fan of the work both of you do.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
That is a delightful story. May you have all the happiness in the world.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Congrats zari-gani!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Ő_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Ő

zari-gani posted:

Thanks! When the world is safe again we want to go to Japan for a honeymoon and I can introduce Bob to the GCCX crew. Also big props to the continued translation efforts.

This is my first time posting on SA in general in what feels like forever, but congrats the wedding! I've been listening to you guys on Retronauts for the past few years now (kinda on and off depending on my mood and schedule, sorry :( ), and I'm happy you two eventually got together and tied the knot. :)

Also, Japan seems like an amazing honeymoon place to go to. My brother and his wife went for the first time on their honeymoon a few years back, and went back for a second trip because they loved it so much (they're kinda planning a third trip once the travel restrictions eventually get better, and even invited me assuming I can go). It sounds like an amazing place to visit going by what they told me and my family.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Least realistic thing I've ever seen, obviously he should be losing for accuracy.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Least realistic thing I've ever seen, obviously he should be losing for accuracy.
Lol and why is it not Metal Slug?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

https://imgur.com/gallery/LdbMotZ

I think I have a new favorite eye catcher.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Stick around! Two rounds left, and it's not like he hasn't been burnt before with the premature pop-off.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone know what the song that usually plays when they introduce the cartridge/box of an old game and give a quick rundown of it? It used to be on the GCCX soundtrack playlist on YouTube, but obviously most of the tracks on there have been torn up by DMCA over the years.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Cat Machine posted:

Does anyone know what the song that usually plays when they introduce the cartridge/box of an old game and give a quick rundown of it? It used to be on the GCCX soundtrack playlist on YouTube, but obviously most of the tracks on there have been torn up by DMCA over the years.

If you mean those "All the games from year X" segments, like "1991 GB" or whatever, that's Reaching For The Stars by Fantastic Plastic Machine, which got a spot on the GCCX soundtrack CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR850JQ90fE

I think The King of Pleasure, also by Fantastic Plastic Machine, was also used in these segments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQsj9F-x_E

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

That's it! Thank you very much.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Game Center CX 253 - It's Bazar dé Gozarre's Game, If You Please [GooseCanyon]

Translation: L Thammy
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: SpecsPL
Special Thanks: Bean

Extra special thanks to our guest translator L Thammy, who translated this entire episode! As well, thank you to SpecsPL, who timed and typeset the entirety of this release.

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpan-z!

https://nyaa.si/view/1339051

Congratulations to ZariGani on your marriage!

On a side note, our friend SpecsPL is looking for translators to work on fansubbing more GCCX episodes, including Earthworm Jim. If anyone is interested in helping him out, let us know!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

GooseCanyon posted:

:eyepop: I was actually hoping against hope that this one would be translated after seeing it in the 24/7 Twitch stream but didn't dare dream. Thanks so much!! Looking forward to watching when I have time!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I honestly have no idea what this game is, so I am super excited to watch. Thanks!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

VERY EXCITED

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GooseCanyon posted:

Translation: L Thammy
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: SpecsPL
Special Thanks: Bean

Extra special thanks to our guest translator L Thammy, who translated this entire episode! As well, thank you to SpecsPL, who timed and typeset the entirety of this release.

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpan-z!

https://nyaa.si/view/1339051

Congratulations to ZariGani on your marriage!

On a side note, our friend SpecsPL is looking for translators to work on fansubbing more GCCX episodes, including Earthworm Jim. If anyone is interested in helping him out, let us know!

Thank you as always for the new release!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Big thanks for the new release!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

This game looks awesome. Thanks for the translation!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Bazaaaru de Gozaaaaaaaaru

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Wonderful choice for a new release! A gem in the PC Engine library. Thanks for all of your honking work!

Saturday Night Slam Masters is going to be a rough one Arino! Ganbatte!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
That game was great, I love weird puzzle games.

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
Thanks for the new translation! My son loves watching a Japanese man he doesn't understand play video games he doesn't understand with subtitles he can't read, so for us your releases become happy family TV night.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
Does anyone here have the untranslated raws saved on their computer still? I decided last night to reorganize my episode collection (had some mislabeled episodes from an automated naming thingy) and also I was adding in all of the untranslated episodes just for completion sake. I'm missing:

271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 282, 284, 285, 286

The gccxraws blogspot doesn't have them and the links on Nigoli's blog were taken down.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Disregard! I found a torrent that had the episodes I needed.

joem83 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Awesome release geese! Kind of rare that a game I've never heard of becomes my favourite part of the episode, but that was actually really fun to follow along with!