Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker

Prurient Squid posted:

The Fight Club "I had it all" scene where Fincher sets the scene out as a marketing catalogue except it's all anime merch.

magic cactus posted:

I used to flip through catalogues and wonder what kind of funkopop defined me as a person

i've seen an edited gif of american psycho where the guy has a wall full of funko pops, but unfortunately i can't find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Prurient Squid posted:

Reverse Star Trek.

Star Trek is our bumbling confused attempt to understand how an advanced future post scarcity society would function. So what about a show created by people living in a post scarcity future's bumbling confused attempts to understand what life like was in the present?

People from the Star Wars universe crowded into a theater to watch a really disappointing vision of the future in a far-off galaxy with no Force, few spaceships, and hardly any wildlife capable of swallowing a grown man whole.

biosterous

i'm just a man, whose intentions are food
oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

not to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT

(:toot:)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Yinlock

an actual wizard arrives at a larp session and thinks that the other players are also actual wizards

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Early-oughts stoner comedy set in the early 1800s called johnny appleweed

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
What kind of sins would a pig confess to?

nut

Prurient Squid posted:

What kind of sins would a pig confess to?

is not telling the truth a sin? cuz they r always loin 2 me

Prurient Squid

And would the hog cry hot tears of contrition as it confessed?

Manifisto

nut posted:

is not telling the truth a sin? cuz they r always loin 2 me

I'm bacon you to stop

ty nesamdoom!

Dip Viscous
scooby dooby doo
shittin in a shoe

Prurient Squid

ok, what if everyone has a citizenship score worked out by an algorithm but then they send out terminators against people who rank too low but the terminators stop chasing them after they perform very minor redemptive acts that knock their citizenship score just about the "kill on sight" bracket.

Finger Prince

Prurient Squid posted:

ok, what if everyone has a citizenship score worked out by an algorithm but then they send out terminators against people who rank too low but the terminators stop chasing them after they perform very minor redemptive acts that knock their citizenship score just about the "kill on sight" bracket.

Running down the street to get away from the terminator desperately trying to find a homeless person to throw change at.

Prurient Squid

just shout "my wife snores in bed!" and scramble it's citizenship circuits long enough for you to escape before it realises you don't have a wife.

e: No, say "my brother cheats at cards but uses the procedes to buy birthday present for sick orphans" to trap it in a paradox.

google THIS

Parents who post lol the most

ChubbyChecker

google THIS posted:

Parents who post lol the most

lol

Prurient Squid

I half dreamed that there was a crisis called "The Credit Dump"

as in, old lady Miriam lost her life savings in the Credit Dump, now she has to sell tins of old crab meet out of a purloined three-wheeled shopping trolly to get by. drat it all their aint no justice. it's a crying shame that's what it is.

Prof. Crocodile

Prurient Squid posted:

I half dreamed that there was a crisis called "The Credit Dump"

as in, old lady Miriam lost her life savings in the Credit Dump, now she has to sell tins of old crab meet out of a purloined three-wheeled shopping trolly to get by. drat it all their aint no justice. it's a crying shame that's what it is.

"The poster who predicted the four-tiddy cat in 2020 has a new prediction for 2021, and Wall Street is running scared."

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
a cowboy who is afraid of horses and too scared to ride one taking increasingly desperate measures to conceal it

"i've just been wanting to try out this new olde-timey bicycle with a giant front wheel guys, heh heh"

canyoneer

a gentleman farmer

a farmer who raises gentlemen

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

canyoneer posted:

a gentleman farmer

a farmer who raises gentlemen

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
using a time machine to go back in time to ruin every time id ever had sex so they never happened maybe so i can use a blade only virgins can use or something

thanks Manifisto!

Prurient Squid

not a joke as such but more of a big thunk

a circlur sacecraft in which space distorts as you approach the centre creating the illusion of more space - like a tardis but more akin to non-euclidean geometry

e: or possibly it becomes more and more miniture but the occupant subtely shrinks asymptotically as you approach, yet never reach the centre.

fake edit: maybe not a spaceship but more like a hedgemaze - or a maze inside a spaceship?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Prurient Squid posted:

fake edit: maybe not a spaceship but more like a hedgemaze - or a maze inside a spaceship?

some kind of space maze?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Prurient Squid

the whole thing was made out of nanites and it forms and infinitely recursive fractal pattern. And it has a space minotaur somewher inside.

Prurient Squid

a genie grants a guy three wishes with no anti-cheats and no ironic and consequences and the guy doesn't particularly take advantage of this. Like he probably asks for more wishes to keep it going but doesn't take the piss as much as he could.

bird.

staring @ my computer monitor sol ong that i develop a cataract that says "Activate Windows" in the corner of my eye

google THIS

bird. posted:

staring @ my computer monitor sol ong that i develop a cataract that says "Activate Windows" in the corner of my eye

The eyes are the Windows to the soul, and they're in desperate need of a registry cleanup

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

google THIS posted:

The eyes are the Windows to the soul, and they're in desperate need of a registry cleanup

i see what you did there.

ChubbyChecker

trucknuts but for your monitor

Dip Viscous
make them interface with the pc so they can shrivel up different amounts in response to interactions in games or to tell you the forecast

more falafel please

forums poster

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Prurient Squid

Beauty and The Beast song but it's gently caress Me In The rear end.

This might already be a thing I'm half remembering or it could be something I've just invented.

e: lazy solution, literally just all the lyrics the same except that one line.

e: OK I just looked at the lyrics and this is DEFINITELY something someone already invented that I'm remembering and putting forward as my own idea.
Sorry guys, I just committeed meme theft.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 31, 2021

Yinlock

a documentary about the fascinating and complex social hierarchy of simians, but it slowly becomes clear that it revolves around each apes' specific Posting Brand

Yinlock

*a low grunt and the ape sounds immediately go dead silent, sinister music begins*

calm British narration: Aldo has said the Monkey N-word, a clear challenge to Titus' authority

deep dish peat moss

My name is Jonathan Bonathan Jovi but I go by Jon Jovi to make sure no one confuses me with the rocker.

Call Your Grandma

a skeleton loses at a video game and the other skeleton that he's playing against says "lol bwned"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

canyoneer

Dip Viscous posted:

make them interface with the pc so they can shrivel up different amounts in response to interactions in games or to tell you the forecast

Dynamic RDR2 horse balls widget

ChubbyChecker

Call Your Grandma posted:

a skeleton loses at a video game and the other skeleton that he's playing against says "lol bwned"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery

Not a Dickman, just a shape
It is the year 2100 ,Alien devised interdimensional wormholes have been discovered on Jupiter's moon and a small number of daring astronauts have made round trips in and out in simple one-man pods.

Unfortunately the transit is full of high frequency electronic radiation and destroys any attempt to record data ( the transit having been confirmed via star charts and passive radar)

Astronauts lack the vocabulary to properly explain what they are seeing in transit and on the other side. Mumbling sentence fragments about new colours and repeating things like "the light, went... backwards" when questioned

In a hail Mary attempt to better understand the transit, the skinflint global space agency sends an acclaimed lyricist and artist , reasoning that they may be able to describe what the sensors and cameras fail to, astronauts are not often hired for their eloquence but this is a special case

T minus five minutes to wormhole entry and our out-of-water hero is double checking their safety systems and recalling the rushed training they had received

Mere seconds now and their heart is racing, confronted with the scale of the wormhole and the way it seems to bend reality like a rippling fisheye lens is bringing to mind the sublime. The ramshackle pod steadily edges forward and the sensation of the sublime enters their very soul.

Eager to take everything ,focus has unfortunately been taken away from the Reaction gas pressure valve and the needle has been climbing for some time now, alarms silently sounding do to the circuit destroying nature of the wormhole

Our freshman space cadet feels cool pressure on the leg, too cold to ignore, cold enough to break focus.

The gas hose has split the pod is venting CO2 into the cabin.

Brain pumping, our hero looks at the hose , could it be Jerry rigged? Looking around the wire of the notepad spiral and the briefing documents might be enough to clog the leak and turn it round before passing out

Unsure hands fumble with the wire, and paper scraps fill the cockpit. The gas continues venting and eroding the consciousness of anyone trapped within

A final thought before oblivion

"...They..... should have sent.... an engineer...."

Jestery fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 1, 2021