Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jato posted:

The Bon appetite one is what I used as well. Did it over carrots instead of potatoes and they were some of the best carrots I’ve ever had.

I'll usually do it over scalloped potatoes, but if i'm feeling adventurous i'll functionally make a ratatouille.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Haggis, neeps and tatties.
My attempt at a Burn’s Night supper, with what I can order online.
The canned haggis was actually quite nice. Looking forward to eating the remainder with some eggs.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Haggis, neeps and tatties.
My attempt at a Burn’s Night supper, with what I can order online.
The canned haggis was actually quite nice. Looking forward to eating the remainder with some eggs.

I’m sure I’ll try haggis soon enough. Doesn’t sound like anything I’d hate. This got me thinking about the blood sausage I’ve got in my freezer. That stuff is damned good.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I want to get to Scotland someday, try the real thing. Also some blood sausage while I’m at it. Maybe tour a distillery.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Fritz the Horse posted:

Slightly different recipe today:

Frosted mega-wheats?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

toplitzin posted:

Sheet pan dinner of gochujang chicken, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, and kimchi stuffing.

I finally decided to take a swing at this. Pretty good, but I think I may not have put enough gochujang on my bird. It was a little more bland than I was expecting.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

kumba posted:

it can be rubbery if you overdo it, i don't typically let it cook for more than 2 hours or so, flipping the bird once at about the hour mark.

this is also extremely easy and probably right up your alley for how you like to cook: just get a whole chicken and throw it in the pot along with whatever veggie you want: this one was a few stalks of celery, some carrots, an onion, 2 potatoes, like 6 cloves of garlic, about a half cup of chopped parsley, and a tablespoon of salt & pepper. cover with water, bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover, take the chicken out at the 2 hour mark, let the soup continue to simmer as the chicken cools, tear the chicken apart and add it back, and that's about it

it's loving delicious and you can adapt it to pretty much whatever you want in it. also freezes incredibly well.

My Polish sister in law just chucks the whole chicken in and lets it sit at a rolling boil for 1 hour. She puts some carrots, onions, and celeriac in with it.

It turns out absurdly tender You do have to peel off the skin when it's done.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

hui guo rou anyone?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Gorgeous!

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

Smoked & reverse seared Wagyu NY Strip, season with a coffee chile rub and finished with salsa matcha butter. Served with a grilled romaine caesar.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
you people are always eating so drat healthy. I fasted all day, then ate half a newmans pizza last night and 2 mini pb cups, and my total calories for the day was about 800kcal, oh had some gatorade too. Been cutting weight very severely, but need to clean the actual diet up as well.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Made a couple of steak and cheese sandwiches. Pretty happy with how they came out.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Having a quasi-bachelor weekend and gorging myself on all of the stuff that is difficult to do with a hyper, clingy toddler and a spouse who is sensitive to the atmospheric effects of searing meat in a poorly ventilated open floor plan apartment.

Wagyu ribeye. Nothing special except I managed to do it without seriously stinking up the place. I used a much thicker/larger steak and started this off at a lower heat than I normally would (high but not smoking) with plenty of avocado oil and a bit of butter. I also did a 3ish hour dry brine which helped with surface moisture. There was more gradient than is ideal, but most of it was mediumish with a medium rare center.

Leftovers bonus! I saw this video and immediately thought "holy poo poo I need that now." Did my Sunday groceries, got poblano and Monterey Jack... but forgot tortillas :eng99:

But I did get fresh tortilla chips! :chef:

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
another weekend, another pizza

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

that's a goodass lookin pizza

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I also made pizza.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I found some lime leaf, so I had to make tom kha again

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Tonight I made scallop ceviche

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
🍆 Eggplant Napoleon 🍆

Very roughly following this recipe though I baked instead of fried the breaded eggplant rounds.
Which I find works for basically anything breaded with panko. I've done chicken katsu that way too. Way less messy and greasy and it turns out fine, just throw it in the oven on a wire rack at about 400.

Store-bought baba ghanouj dip on top because i'm too lazy to make my own and hummus in the middle.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Pan seared pork chop, sauteed spinach, lovely wild rice blend.

Side of rolls.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Back to the parsley debate from a little while ago, here’s a chicken parm I just made and didn’t have any parsley in the house. It’s just crying out for a little sprinkle :negative:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Looks great! That's when you bust out the green crayon and the cheese grater. Movie magic!

Mojo chicken meatballs, roasted red onions, and tostones over rice! The sauce was a little too thin to look good drizzled on top but was delicious.

General Tso's with sichuan chili crisp

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Back to the parsley debate from a little while ago, here’s a chicken parm I just made and didn’t have any parsley in the house. It’s just crying out for a little sprinkle :negative:

That looks good, but a chiffonade of basil would be really stellar too. I've been working on getting my fried food game up to that sort of par too. I always love when it sticks great the whole way around and it takes too much practice to get it right.

Elfriede Shrempf
Jan 13, 2008
Great Job!
Just started using beef cheeks for tacos and wow. The flavor and texture go so well with the lightly crispy tortillas. I made a roasted poblano, jalapeño and avocado sauce and topped them with raw white onion and cotija. The orange sauce is a store bought chili paste.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Elfriede Shrempf posted:

Just started using beef cheeks for tacos and wow. The flavor and texture go so well with the lightly crispy tortillas. I made a roasted poblano, jalapeño and avocado sauce and topped them with raw white onion and cotija. The orange sauce is a store bought chili paste.

gently caress yeah eat that face

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Elfriede Shrempf posted:

It's been too long sincr I've had barbacoa...

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Apparently egg drop soup is like the easiest thing in the world to make. Rice paper dumplings, not so much.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

We had beef and bell peppers ala ATK.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Made that gochujang chicken you guys were talking about

That poo poo is insane, I'll for sure be making it again very soon

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I guess I’ll have to try it out next. Seems like it’s getting pretty good reviews here.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It's good op,

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

It's so good! Who ever recommended carrots as well as potatoes was also very wise

Anyone have any good recipes for Lamb? I have a craving

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Probably my favourite lamb recipe is the Two Fat Ladies slow cooked shoulder of lamb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8R7fPFdm-M&t=1304s

https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/twof65245c03s001ss001r012/ans-slow-shoulder-of-lamb

I always add anchovies and over the years have added a glug of red wine at the table. It's simple, delicious, and while that posted recipe obviously makes a huge amount you could half it with little trouble if your butcher is an understanding sort.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Mr Owl posted:

It's so good! Who ever recommended carrots as well as potatoes was also very wise

I did it for the first time last week. Loved it. I did carrots, onion, Brussel sprouts, and parsnips.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
No pics but I did some mac n cheese with sodium citrate instead of flour/milk and added in some garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Apparently I overdid it with the cayenne unfortunately and it was kind of weird. Tasted initially like just regular garlic mac and cheese but then there was just an overly spicy kick to it. No real flavor added, just hotness. We still ended up eating all of it though so it wasn't like it was inedible, it was just weird. Next time I'll probably just do white pepper instead of cayenne.

Love using sodium citrate though, it's so drat easy. Just cook pasta, reserve a small amount of the water, add chemical, stir, add cheese, stir, eat mac and cheese.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There are lots of chilis you can use. They don't all taste nor behave the same as cayenne. It's like saying you tried cheese but the half pound of Stilton you used made the food taste funny.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh I know. I didn't say I'd never try another chili pepper ever again and I'm not swearing off cayenne altogether either. It just didn't work out in this particular recipe.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Braised lamb shanks served over some polenta. Very, very tasty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Owl posted:

If you want something quick using ground lamb, https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/280481/bobs-kabobs/.