Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7kpuyPBr6U

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

One thing that does kidna disappoint me about Kaido is it's seemingly impossible for his outside to actually be damaged without something like Oden's strike so it doesn't feel as much despite him obviously being hurt by what everyone is doing.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 30, 2021

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

One Piece Manga Thread: Just FYI, I'm Still Made Of Rubber

It's not like Luffy hasn't been very clear about being made out of rubber. After loving meat and going to be the King of the Pirates it's his most shared personal information. Big Mom should be ashamed of herself, at least Enel lived in a place where rubber wasn't even a thing.

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.

Mister Olympus posted:

judge my theory:

im is for (im)mortal and was the person who received the immortality operation

so law will be necessary to undo the surgery

im sits on the throne that places him above the kings. emperor is above a king

trafalgar and waterloo are (emperor) napoleon's great defeats

trafalgar d. water law will end the emperor

I'm down with most or all of this, I'll just add that I think Imu is a God. Or, someone PERCEIVED as a God. What do kings bow to? Emperors are already a thing in the story.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

judge my theory:

I'm in favour of this because it means that Law is actually named Loo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I like the idea that Kaido is just an impenetrable, drunk fool that gets along because there's less than a handful of people who could hurt him, while Big Mom actually honed her skills, practiced her Haki to the degree that Katakuri or Crocodile has and can unconsciously apply armament while in rage mode and shouted at Kaido to dodge because Zoro was really about to slice his head off

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I'm in the "Big Mom is way cooler than Kaido" camp myself and I'm not sure the ultimate outcome of a full-on fight between the two would be the clear-cut Kaido win that a lot of fans seem to think.

She's shown hints of an almost Luffy-like mid-fight cleverness if she's not just coasting on her power or reputation and that's pretty goddamn terrifying given that she seems capable of trading blows with literally anyone on the planet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Big Mom for sure is the strongest. Like right now she's an add on this bossfight but she's kinda one-shotting everyone while they waste their time on the HP sponge. It's a very, very rad dynamic for this fight.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1002/chapter/21884?action=read
viz is up

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Aw man this fight is getting really-'

-chapter ends-

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Demonicpoodle posted:

I'm down with most or all of this, I'll just add that I think Imu is a God. Or, someone PERCEIVED as a God. What do kings bow to? Emperors are already a thing in the story.

What's a god to a non-believer?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think since the newest chapter is officially out I can post this without spoiler tags:

Did anyone notice Zoro's Enma blade radiating Haki energy similar to the Roger vs Whitebeard fight? I can take this to mean that Zoro + Enma means he's on their level now or at least close to it when it comes to using Armament Haki which is really dope. :hellyeah:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I think since the newest chapter is officially out I can post this without spoiler tags:

Did anyone notice Zoro's Enma blade radiating Haki energy similar to the Roger vs Whitebeard fight? I can take this to mean that Zoro + Enma means he's on their level now or at least close to it when it comes to using Armament Haki which is really dope. :hellyeah:

He's gotta be getting close, since Kaido could sense that Zoro's attack was something special and Big Mom flat-out yelled him to dodge that attack.

Doing that move left him wheezing and gasping and open to big attack from BM though, so while Zoro can, with huge effort, launch a single attack worthy of Roger and WB, it apparently takes a lot out of him, whereas they could do it all day long, based on how their last fight lasted like three days.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I really, really feel like we're going to see Big Mom and Kaido start taking this fight more seriously and pull out their strongest attacks now, especially with Kaidou revealing his hybrid form since they admitted they've been underestimating their enemy this very chapter. This, in turn, will bring Luffy and co. to their most desperate moment which will push Luffy towards Awakening his Devil Fruit powers to fight back in a last-ditch effort. And I'm excited as hell for it.

Another reason I think this will be the fight for it to show up is I think Luffy vs Blackbeard will involve Luffy struggling without his Devil Fruit powers against a guy who's using All Of The Devil Fruits in an uneven fight to heighten the stakes, therefore this fight should show off Luffy at the apex of his Devil Fruit abilities, here and now.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I mean, he's relying on rubber, too.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Luffy: I'M MADE OF RUBBER!
Big Mom: How did that happen?!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Funky Valentine posted:

Law:......
Im not saying it
Yo ho ho....he took a bit of gum gum

Kill me now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think I'm going to spoiler tag this even though it's mainly just speculation, but with the anime finally delving into the Oden flashback, a detail that couldn't really be connected in the manga may be hinting at something

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1355717988977176578?s=19

Oden's father shares a voice actor with Tenguyama, which is just enough of a coincidence to give the idea that they are the same person a bit of extra thought, and there's actually a fair amount of evidence to support it too.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Excited for a Big Mom and/or Kaido Enelface by the end of this arc

Mister Olympus posted:

judge my theory:

Down with this, I always thought the Water Law thing was a weird curveball, he doesn’t need a double last name to hide the D initial

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Funky Valentine posted:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I think the other big alternative to what I posted is that what I posted is the way things are supposed to happen, ie it's part of what Joyboy told Roger was going to happen in 20 years, Law knows or learns something about this, and Luffy finds a different solution because that's his thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
obviously this is gonna turn around fast, but it's very cathartic seeing our baby boys dunking on some of the strongest people in the world. real end game feels.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Zoro just no-selling that shockwave that sliced off Kiku’s arm with a pissed expression was fully some sick poo poo. Cant wait for next week when he laughs off getting smited as some Grand Line level baby crap.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I like how everyone's reaction to the air slice was different. Kidd and Zoro both tanked it, basically, but while Zoro no-sold it with a parry, Kidd had a bunch of junk flying off him. Killer, Law, and Luffy all dodged it, but with progressively more pose: Killer was all off balance but dodged it okay, Law effortlessly popped out of the way, and Luffy combined the dodge with a full counterattack.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I still love how Kidd's strategy is just to slam Kaido REALLY hard to get past his scale.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

One Piece Manga Thread: GUTS!!!

Kaido: "wororo he took a bite of gum-gum"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

Mods, can this be the new thread title?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Didn't Oda say he wanted to draw a mech manga? He's definitely practicing with Kidd this chapter.

e: Also, GUTS is great. Reminds me of Chef Zeff's speech on how you can't beat a man who has no give.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

Nice

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The World Inferno posted:

Oh lordie, I'd believe it.

Come to think of it, now that they're able to pierce Kaido's hide, wonder who will land the first effective punch on Big Mom's tough hide? We might stay on the fight for another few chapters as they turn their attention to knocking her out.

It was Frankie and his motorcycle

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yo ho ho he took a bite of Guts-Guts

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

It was Frankie and his motorcycle
Queen with his Bronchiosaurus Drop had first honors.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
again, the only spoiler that matters:

no break next week

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I hope Luffy punches Kaido again next chapter.

There's actually been shockingly few Luffy-Zoro tagteam fights before Wano. Only ones I can think of is Zoro's intro arc and them off-screening those BW executives.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I really, really feel like we're going to see Big Mom and Kaido start taking this fight more seriously and pull out their strongest attacks now, especially with Kaidou revealing his hybrid form since they admitted they've been underestimating their enemy this very chapter. This, in turn, will bring Luffy and co. to their most desperate moment which will push Luffy towards Awakening his Devil Fruit powers to fight back in a last-ditch effort. And I'm excited as hell for it.

Another reason I think this will be the fight for it to show up is I think Luffy vs Blackbeard will involve Luffy struggling without his Devil Fruit powers against a guy who's using All Of The Devil Fruits in an uneven fight to heighten the stakes, therefore this fight should show off Luffy at the apex of his Devil Fruit abilities, here and now.
I think none of these will happen because Oda has shown lately a pattern of throwing standard shounen fight patterns out the window in favour of character and story. The last proper 1on1 I can remember since Katakuri that wasn't over in an instant or resolved off-screen is Zoro vs Killer, and even then there was a third party jumping into the fight. There was also Luffy v Kaido where Luffy got instawrecked for jumping solo into a fight way above his punching height, as if to mark the end of careless 1on1's this far into the game. Midfight powerups also aren't really happening anymore except in rare cases.

I think it's much more likely that the current fight will get interrupted and focus turns to saving the Wano capital from a falling Onigashima. Then either Big Mom or Kaido fucks off somewhere to do something and return later with a massive grudge ("even more massive" in the case of Big Mom), leaving the other behind who gets wrecked by Luffy and Co, but not before some unexpected major twist upping the stakes further.

Zoro probably won't have a chance to land Enma this time I feel like, so my money's on Kaido running off, coming back later after Wano with more firepower, Big Mom getting wrecked here, Blackbeard showing up unannounced for the Phoenix fruit, and some revelation around the Joyboy prophecy upending things.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 1, 2021

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Been seeing an idea of Big Mom just eventually abandoning Kaido to lose if things start to get less certain, referencing Kaido's statement about how pirate alliances never work out and this leading to Luffy eventually fighting her one on one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
From 11 months and a thread ago:

Professorjuggalo posted:

I’ll toxx this account that zoro wont fight or kill kaido I’m so sure of it

Zoro’s fighting kyoshiro and maybe all the supernovas and straw hats take down big mom together, zoro fufilled the dragon prophecy by killing that punk hazard dragon way back

:rip:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A good mod never forgets.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

plot twist

drjuggalo posted:

edit: not denying that zoro won’t fight kaido though, there’s def set up for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
theres some sbs stuff out:

kaidous fruit name: fish fish fruit model: azure dragon

Q: Will Luffy have 4 gears and 5 gears?

Answer: Will there be 5 gears! The enemy that must be defeated now is the strongest man in the world, the world is also transitioning from 4G to 5G, "G" means "Gear", right?