Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It feels like my pelvis has been scotch-taped back together after being shattered with a baseball bat. One wrong move and there's pain shooting throughout my whole pelvis/vulva/hip area. Kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Uhhh, you ok? You might want to check with a doctor because that super doesn't sound normal.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Soysaucebeast posted:

Uhhh, you ok? You might want to check with a doctor because that super doesn't sound normal.

Well now I'm not sure. I guess if I still feel like this when I wake up, I'll hobble over to the CityMD or something.

Part of me wonders if I got some sort of super cramp from cringing in my sleep.

edit: I should add that this isn't the first time I've felt like this during the first couple of days of my period.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 30, 2021

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

YeahTubaMike posted:

It feels like my pelvis has been scotch-taped back together after being shattered with a baseball bat. One wrong move and there's pain shooting throughout my whole pelvis/vulva/hip area. Kill me.

this has been happening to me recently too

at least the pill makes it so i rarely get periods, but when i do, hooooly poo poo ouch

when i googled "menstruation nerve pain" every hit is about endometriosis, which an OB-GYN said i couldn't have when i asked about it a few years back because my periods were too short or something. but now i'm wondering again!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Classic Comrade posted:

at least the pill makes it so i rarely get periods, but when i do, hooooly poo poo ouch

when i googled "menstruation nerve pain" every hit is about endometriosis, which an OB-GYN said i couldn't have when i asked about it a few years back because my periods were too short or something. but now i'm wondering again!

that's bullshit; I have three-day-long period and a fuckload of endometriosis. Find a new doctor.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HopperUK posted:

Is there evidence for that pheromone thing? That's fascinating.

In, I think, the blessed picture thread, there are a couple of posts near the end where in trans people describe how traumatised dogs who are afraid of men/women become entirely unafraid of specific people once they transition. Those puppos can smell if the person they meet is a human male or female, and they cannot be tricked. You smell like the non-scary gender, pups love you.

It occurs to me that this is poo poo for people who are trans but who do not want to deal with hormones. Youse are awesome and valuable I just wanted to acknowledge that dogs are magic. They can't manage everything but you loving know that dogs love you 100% of the time, because you are perfect.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

that's bullshit; I have three-day-long period and a fuckload of endometriosis. Find a new doctor.

there's a reason i only saw that guy once! he was completely dismissive of my concerns (and i know that's not an uncommon experience w/endometriosis or other types of menstrual/uterine issues!). i've always had way better treatment at my local planned parenthood, but the stupid "oh your periods are heavy but short? well u can't have endometriosis then" thing stuck with me and so i didn't bring it up again. i definitely will now!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I feel a LOT better, but I still feel vaguely like I got kicked directly in the crotch.

Classic Comrade posted:

gently caress, endometriosis is a possibility here? As if fibroids weren't enough.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

cool kids inc. posted:

My cats both get super snuggly. Nothing like a purring heating pad for cramps. Well one sits on me, the other just sits nearby DESPERATE for pets but not wanting to deal with the PEOPLE portion of that exchange.

My cats have only ever been extra responsive when I was ill or very unhappy.

And I had one cat that would curl up close to me on cold days and then get all pissed off that I hadn't gone away and left my precious excess body heat behind. Real "I cannot believe you have the unmitigated gall to still be here" vibes.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I don’t know if they can detect periods, but animals definitely pick up on some kind of hormones. My cat would get horny as hell every time she met a human male. Like rolling around, sticking her butt in the air, fawning all over them. It was kind of embarrassing

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

In (I think) the Blessed Pictures thread, there were a couple of people describing instances where dogs who were afraid or all men, or all women went from fearing specific people to loving them dearly when they started transitioning, which is both super lovely and also shows that dogs are extremely aware of how our hormone profiles make us smell.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I don’t know if they can detect periods, but animals definitely pick up on some kind of hormones. My cat would get horny as hell every time she met a human male. Like rolling around, sticking her butt in the air, fawning all over them. It was kind of embarrassing

Wow, a cat into bestiality. I don't know how to feel about that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Most of my pets haven't cared when I'm on my period, but my dog Lita used to go insane with trying to get at my underwear, even when I was wearing it. Once or twice she dug pads out of the trash and shredded them up. But the other dogs and all the cats haven't given a rip.

Just finished mine, and gently caress this time for two days I was spotting, and then finally the floodgates open. I tell myself I'm almost 40, this poo poo should be over soon....right?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

One of my old dogs used to wank constantly and loudly whenever my mums boyfriend came round. She also used to eat knickers, and you had to put any pads in the outside bin or she'd tear everything up to get to them.

I've noticed one of my dogs tends to get more cuddly when I'm feeling ill, too. Pets are cool.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Most of my pets haven't cared when I'm on my period, but my dog Lita used to go insane with trying to get at my underwear, even when I was wearing it. Once or twice she dug pads out of the trash and shredded them up. But the other dogs and all the cats haven't given a rip.

Just finished mine, and gently caress this time for two days I was spotting, and then finally the floodgates open. I tell myself I'm almost 40, this poo poo should be over soon....right?

One or more decades, possibly.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Anyone using Nexplanon ever have menstrual cramps? I’ve had a couple doozies this week, my first in almost five years, but I did recently get it replaced for the first time.

Edit: to be clear I’m not bleeding at all, just having cramps.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
huh. only pms I had this month was salty snack attack. no breast tenderness, no headache, no fatigue, no constipation. I've been on pto for two weeks and now I wish I could stay in a menstrual hut every month. with pickles and hot cheetos ofc

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Zoesdare posted:

Anyone using Nexplanon ever have menstrual cramps? I’ve had a couple doozies this week, my first in almost five years, but I did recently get it replaced for the first time.

Edit: to be clear I’m not bleeding at all, just having cramps.

I've used nexplanon for about six years now and I almost never get cramps. Granted, even when I'm off birth control I don't get super bad cramps (just basically mild ones constantly during my period). I do get some here and there when I'm due to get the implant replaced, but aside from those few months I get nothing.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I got my new copper iud put in and my implanon implant removed.

Super excited to have fewer hormone induced meltdowns but oh god the cramps from iud insertion have got me parenting by sitting on a chair and watching chaos unfold around me.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Ow, my freaking nipples! This wasn't even a PMS symptom until my late 20s and it's horribly unfair. I donno if I'm gonna be able to wear a shirt tomorrow.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Metaline posted:

Ow, my freaking nipples! This wasn't even a PMS symptom until my late 20s and it's horribly unfair. I donno if I'm gonna be able to wear a shirt tomorrow.

Band-aids, like you're running a marathon! Just make sure you put at least two over 'em and wear a bra that isn't loose so it doesn't rub them off.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Band-aids, like you're running a marathon! Just make sure you put at least two over 'em and wear a bra that isn't loose so it doesn't rub them off.
I haven't worn a bra since 2014 lol

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Metaline posted:

I haven't worn a bra since 2014 lol

I am so jealous I could spit. I have sleeping bras! But if you do have a camisole something you can wear under your regular clothes, I think it might help? Just something soft to add an extra layer so looser garments don't rub your nips all the time.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I am so jealous I could spit. I have sleeping bras! But if you do have a camisole something you can wear under your regular clothes, I think it might help? Just something soft to add an extra layer so looser garments don't rub your nips all the time.
I don't have itty bitty titties or anything, I just don't like bras! It's usually form-fitting camis as an undershirt, but since I'm home all day living my pandemic life, I may as well walk around topless for a day every few periods when the soreness gets extra bad.

Sleeping bras, my word!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Metaline posted:

I don't have itty bitty titties or anything, I just don't like bras! It's usually form-fitting camis as an undershirt, but since I'm home all day living my pandemic life, I may as well walk around topless for a day every few periods when the soreness gets extra bad.

Sleeping bras, my word!

Honey, with underwire. Yes. I am committed. (And I have a hosed-up back.)

I'm also losing weight thanks to finally getting some proper treatment for my endo so they're EXTRA JIGGLY RIGHT NOW IN THERE. It's driving me loving bananas.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I've only worn comfort bras for the last few years because they are cheap and they don't have wires or hooks or anything to drive me nuts. They seem to be working okay for my fairly big boobs but I guess they might not be enough support for some folk. I love em.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I usually wear loose tops and dresses, but when they're PMS sore, sometimes I will hold them when I run down stairs. That's the perfect amount of support!

Luckily (?!) my hell ride period started today so the boob and nipple ghost torture will end soon.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ever since I got off the IUD my ovulation cramps have been getting worse. What gives? Why is having female organs such a loving ordeal?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Metaline posted:

Same, mine went from "I'm barely aware of their existence" to praying they would just fall off already. I thought it was due to dating an obsessed guy for a few years, but maybe it was just age?? Has anyone else had that happen?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Anne Whateley posted:

Same, mine went from "I'm barely aware of their existence" to praying they would just fall off already. I thought it was due to dating an obsessed guy for a few years, but maybe it was just age?? Has anyone else had that happen?

I did for the first time recently and I'm almost 30. It was like they were super cold and being constantly pinched at the same time, it was terrible. That said I had pretty bad Covid at the time so could've been something to do with that.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Y'all, I had the worst cramps of my life today. I was screaming and sobbing. I texted to apologize to my neighbour, thank god she couldn't hear me. I fully wanted to die.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have been in the worst, most irritiable loving mood all day and when I got home tonight I caught some spotting in the shower. Explains a lot (my job explains the rest).

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Huh, I'm almost 40 and my nips are hella sensitive around That Time, I thought I was just imagining it, but maybe not!

Also re: petchat, my two bunnos (m/f, both fixed) don't seem to give a poo poo, their haughty disinterest is a constant, unless I have food they want

I have heard about dogs getting into pads and such, my besties little chihuahua would do that

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Pyrtanis posted:

Huh, I'm almost 40 and my nips are hella sensitive around That Time, I thought I was just imagining it, but maybe not!

Also re: petchat, my two bunnos (m/f, both fixed) don't seem to give a poo poo, their haughty disinterest is a constant, unless I have food they want

I have heard about dogs getting into pads and such, my besties little chihuahua would do that

My dog gets into absolutely everything she can whenever she thinks she can get away with it. One time she stayed at my then-girlfriend’s place for a few days while I was out of town, and while I was walking her home she poo poo an entire tampon!

(The dog, not my gf. Never saw Jenny poo poo outside)

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Ugh, I have a pap smear scheduled for later in the week but my period is also scheduled to start on that day. I've never actually done a pap before so I don't know if that makes it more difficult but it seems like it might be a bit more unpleasant to have someone poking around there. I guess I could reschedule but my period is not always super reliable so I have a feeling I'd just end up rescheduling it to a different period.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I think they prefer if its not the same time since it's just more cells to sort through looking for a good representative sample. Cross fingers your appointment is earlier than the actual start but I'm sure they'll be understanding either way.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Had my yearly exam and nearly wept for joy when the Dr said they’re moving away from using speculums unless completely necessary, which it isn’t for me. Usually I’m weeping in pain from it!

However due to family history I’m slated for my first mammogram this week, and I’m not 40. Any advice, or anecdotes? My concern is that since I’m small chested it may be a bit more painful as there isn’t as much to work as with?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I had my first mammogram at 26 (also family history). I went to a Solis mammography center and was really pleased with the service-- I felt like they valued my comfort level. When the mammogram images weren't super great (dense breast tissue) they switched to ultrasound which was even less invasive than the standard squish. I plan to keep going back once I hit the big 3-0 and need it done yearly.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Who What Now posted:

IDK why people think period blood is so much worse than regular blood. Imagine if people lost their poo poo looking at someone who accidentally got a gash on their leg like they do hearing about a period.

Much like peanut butter some prefer smooth, some prefer chunky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shockingly, I am grossed-out by compound fractures.