Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

causticBeet posted:

Healing and Locus are the builds that are generally recommended for lower spec players. It’s always good to have more healers, and locus is powerful even at lower IP because the weapons unique E only scales cool down reduction as spec increases. Personally I find locus way more fun to play than heals, and will take less overall investment to be impactful/useful.

The biggest penalty you will face when you have lower skills is that your hp pool will be tiny and you will be aggressively punished for getting caught out of position. Your chest armor is the biggest factor here, so that’s probably the most important piece to prioritize getting some spec in. Weapons are also important since they will scale up damage and unlock different abilities.

It is recommended that you stick to the “approved builds,” and they tend to be good builds tailored for survivability/utility, which is what is important in large scale black zone ZVZ. With that said, the only real punishment for not doing so is getting snark on discord.

In terms of running solo content as a healer, you can, but not very well. If you must, the nature staffs are probably best due to the thorns ability. You would be better off focusing first on getting a PVE build to 100 mastery, which will farm fame credits efficiently, and then using this to allocate free XP into weapons and armor that isn’t as good for PVE content. Great axe is the popular suggestion here, but honestly you can use a bunch of different weapons and armor combos and do just fine.

Very useful thank you, that great holy build is what im running for arenas albeit only T4.1 . Will look at some alternative PvE builds to great axe as I've seen that and spinning around like a Beyblade just doesn't appeal to me. Last time I played I remember enjoying spear so I'll look at that + I've seen people use some kind of rapier(bloodletter?) I'm 5v5 and that looks really fun.

Not entirely sure in what to do currently other than the 5v5s. I suppose once I settle on a PvE build I grind that up to TV in yellow zone solo(green?) Dungeons? Or does gear tier +1 not apply for non healing Solo/PvE builds?

Sorry if these are basic questions and while there is endless YouTube videos out there I'd rather get advice from you lot. I'll probably be bugging whatever the newbie channel in discord is once I get accepted in-game and get roles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
I went nature heals when I joined up fresh, and I’ve since gotten my wild staff up to 100 spec (and most of the others, currently at 640/700 Nature).

I use Wild in ZvZ and ganks, Ironroot in Avalonians, Great Nature or Druidic with thorns in solo dungeons and Corrupteds, and the one-hander in arena. It’s a pretty versatile tree! There’s not much demand for nature in group dungeons, and a lot of times I’ll be in other types of parties that openly wish I was a holy with a Fallen Staff. gently caress ‘em, though!

If you’re looking to be a dedicated healer exclusively (barring that one Hallowfall corrupted build that might have been nerfed out of existence), go holy. If you want to heal but also have some options, go nature.

(PS barely anybody tips healers no matter what)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Stereo posted:

Very useful thank you, that great holy build is what im running for arenas albeit only T4.1 . Will look at some alternative PvE builds to great axe as I've seen that and spinning around like a Beyblade just doesn't appeal to me. Last time I played I remember enjoying spear so I'll look at that + I've seen people use some kind of rapier(bloodletter?) I'm 5v5 and that looks really fun.

Not entirely sure in what to do currently other than the 5v5s. I suppose once I settle on a PvE build I grind that up to TV in yellow zone solo(green?) Dungeons? Or does gear tier +1 not apply for non healing Solo/PvE builds?

Sorry if these are basic questions and while there is endless YouTube videos out there I'd rather get advice from you lot. I'll probably be bugging whatever the newbie channel in discord is once I get accepted in-game and get roles!

I’d say run yellow zone dungeons until you can use tier 5.1 gear and are comfortable clearing them in whatever set you are using. Then you can move out to our black zone base in Redtree Enclave. Redtree itself is a tier 8 zone, but has a few adjacent tier 5/6/7 zones which you can work through and do green dungeons (random solo dungeons) as you skill up. You get a % bonus to fame and loot in the black zone, so it’s always better to farm there if you can, even with the risk of getting ganked.

It’s very difficult to get ganked in solo dungeons now since the entrance disappears 90 seconds after you enter. What most people do in the black zone is idle at the front of the dungeon and watch a timer - if someone enters you just exit and run to a hideout or different zone.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
One thing to remember is that your gank set (double bladed staff/claws/1h frost + graveguard armor + fiend cowl + hunter shoes, etc) does NOT need to be leveled up as you dont need a ton of great stats to kill some poor farmer 20v1 :)

Merton Blask posted:

(PS barely anybody tips healers no matter what)

If you ever need money, just ask GluttonySDS for it.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

FormerFatty posted:

One thing to remember is that your gank set (double bladed staff/claws/1h frost + graveguard armor + fiend cowl + hunter shoes, etc) does NOT need to be leveled up as you dont need a ton of great stats to kill some poor farmer 20v1 :)

If you ever need money, just ask GluttonySDS for it.

I can't help but feel this is a trap. Anyway why would someone tip healers? Do they not get loot/fame/silver from assists etc?

Matty
Oct 29, 2010

Stereo posted:

I can't help but feel this is a trap. Anyway why would someone tip healers? Do they not get loot/fame/silver from assists etc?

They get fame from assists, but as they are at the back the loot is usually (not always) gone. Also if a healer saves your rear end, you better tip them!

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

Matty posted:

They get fame from assists, but as they are at the back the loot is usually (not always) gone. Also if a healer saves your rear end, you better tip them!

Combat looting is allowed? Or its just not something that can be controlled?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Stereo posted:

Combat looting is allowed? Or its just not something that can be controlled?

Can't be controlled really, but it's frowned upon and if you're looting more than helping you're gonna get called out and even fined in some guilds.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Pandaal posted:

Can't be controlled really, but it's frowned upon and if you're looting more than helping you're gonna get called out and even fined in some guilds.

We're not anal about people looting really -- its a video game... so as long as youre fighting/pushing, loot away.

p.s.

If you need money, trade gluttonySDS.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

FormerFatty posted:

We're not anal about people looting really -- its a video game... so as long as youre fighting/pushing, loot away.

p.s.

If you need money, trade gluttonySDS.

Appreciate that, I'll hold off on that for now, I only just managed to get T5 armour for my healer today so I grabbed 3 sets (I know its lovely gear) and managed to solo backpack to R3 while you guys kept them all busy during the EU reset. Primed for the NA fights in a bit and will see how I do.

Still need to settle on a fame farming build. Trying to avoid greataxe as ideally I want to cross-train in to something useful for ZvZ/smallgang(other than heals) too, at least to start with before I experiment. I have a TON of questions about life in BZ's though. Do you stash all loot and run it back to ML during a caravan? Or sell on the local AH for local crafters/economy etc etc

Having a blast though, especially with WoW being kinda boring and Last Oasis pretty much dead, burnt out on Eve etc. This is scratching all my itches.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Stereo posted:

Appreciate that, I'll hold off on that for now, I only just managed to get T5 armour for my healer today so I grabbed 3 sets (I know its lovely gear) and managed to solo backpack to R3 while you guys kept them all busy during the EU reset. Primed for the NA fights in a bit and will see how I do.

Still need to settle on a fame farming build. Trying to avoid greataxe as ideally I want to cross-train in to something useful for ZvZ/smallgang(other than heals) too, at least to start with before I experiment. I have a TON of questions about life in BZ's though. Do you stash all loot and run it back to ML during a caravan? Or sell on the local AH for local crafters/economy etc etc

Having a blast though, especially with WoW being kinda boring and Last Oasis pretty much dead, burnt out on Eve etc. This is scratching all my itches.

I don't know much about FF as I dont really PVE much anymore so I will let someone else chime in with whats the best way to solo ff.

We run multiple caravans a day from R3 to Martlock and then from Martlock to R3 so just keep an eye out. Yes, most people stash loot from ff/ganking in the hideouts and then use the caravans to transfer gear -- you can try the hideouts (especially nemesis hideout in R3) but it will sell faster in martlock.

You should try doing the r3 police/ganks/defenses to get used to PVP though -- its WAY more fun than PVE and it doesnt require much FF until youre 100% capable.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

FormerFatty posted:

I don't know much about FF as I dont really PVE much anymore so I will let someone else chime in with whats the best way to solo ff.

We run multiple caravans a day from R3 to Martlock and then from Martlock to R3 so just keep an eye out. Yes, most people stash loot from ff/ganking in the hideouts and then use the caravans to transfer gear -- you can try the hideouts (especially nemesis hideout in R3) but it will sell faster in martlock.

You should try doing the r3 police/ganks/defenses to get used to PVP though -- its WAY more fun than PVE and it doesnt require much FF until youre 100% capable.

Absolutely, the only reason I want to do PvE is to get enough fame etc for PvP. I have no interests in it other than that haha. Will hop in the R3 defense channel later and see whats happening, will look at some basic gank builds too.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Stereo posted:

Absolutely, the only reason I want to do PvE is to get enough fame etc for PvP. I have no interests in it other than that haha. Will hop in the R3 defense channel later and see whats happening, will look at some basic gank builds too.

If you primarily are interested in PVP content I can’t stress the corrupted dungeons enough - a bit earlier in this thread I posted a good YouTube video that goes over some of the cheap builds and their general play styles.

It’s really decent fame farming even at the mid tier (stalker) and is super fun because you get a guaranteed 1v1 fight, good loot, and a great opportunity to get familiar with different skills/cool downs/mechanics. I can’t stand the usual PVE content in this game so CD is my go to. It’s also super bite sized content, with an average stalker dungeon taking about 10 minutes (including the fight + finishing the boss) so it’s perfect if you’re not looking to sit down for a long play session.

You will probably get owned a lot a first, but once you figure out your build and get in the swing of things it’s pretty easy to maintain a decent win rate - im a trash player using a non-S tier meta build (1h curse mercenary jacket) and I can maintain around a 70% win rate.

Gallipoli
Apr 27, 2004

Not the Italian city. No one cares about the Italian city.
Having zero luck registering for the Discord, I've been trying for several days now and my character still can't be found in the kill boards? If I try to look up my character it never loads.

IGN is SnugHarbor

Mostly 3-4 manning with some friends just wandering around so far. I tend to play healer/support and not entirely sure what to go with for such a team and eventual guild activities. It sounds like there is a lot of purging so healing-over-time might not be ideal?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I am in the something awful eq250k guild and I'm seeing it's in the arch hispanic guild... Can i get into the english speaking alliance or nah?

SoUr
Jun 1, 2008
Applied to Awful Company 42069, couldn't find the one in the OP.

I'm Loquin in Albion and Sour in Discord.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

This game still have huge zvz's during the day? Tempted to come back to camlann some clumps.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

This game still have huge zvz's during the day? Tempted to come back to camlann some clumps.

Yessir -- we have actually tons of CTAs now for 7/8am and 10/11am est if youre a morning man and then content throughout the day as usual killing the enemies who come to our home to kill us <3

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Very nice to see this game doing well. Thinking about dipping my toes in for nostalgia and to see how far it's come. Are there any decently updated list of different builds that work for pve and pvp and what not?

ClassActJerk
Nov 4, 2010

My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.
Getting up and running. IGN Locolenny.
I would like to hang with the goons.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ninogan posted:

Very nice to see this game doing well. Thinking about dipping my toes in for nostalgia and to see how far it's come. Are there any decently updated list of different builds that work for pve and pvp and what not?

NINOGAN!!!

Hahaha yea -- of course, all the good builds for ZVZ/pvp/pve are in the ARCH discord <3

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

causticBeet posted:

https://discord.gg/DqW2Bpy will maybe work? It shows as a valid invite in the discord client

Mikhalio#5759 pick me up to violence

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
I'm gonna try this game for free and am posting here to get authed. My ingame name is Tenriak. In Eve I liked to catch and gank stragglers. Is there a good build for that here?

I have officially applied to the correct guild.

I guess I have to go die for discord bot to find me.

nazca fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 10, 2021

evilemu
Sep 26, 2005
Applied to 42069. Lewter(#0569) in game and on discord.

evilemu fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 17, 2021

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yo 1001 dicks you have this new speed hack for distribution so I can gather faster and have a life again or get banned and have a life again?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

What are the requirements to get into 42069?

I had to take a break for about 6 weeks and EQMS kicked me and won't let me back in until I meet the "new requirements" :(

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Sorry we can't be friends because two numbers weren't big enough.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Yo don’t listen to AznJeff, that guy is a shitter

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

This especially is a L O L

I'm not sure how to apply to 42069 besides in-game? The link in the OP goes nowhere...

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Why are you asshats making GBS threads on other Goons lol

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Pandaal posted:

What are the requirements to get into 42069?

I had to take a break for about 6 weeks and EQMS kicked me and won't let me back in until I meet the "new requirements" :(

lol -- just apply to awful company 42069 in game.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

FormerFatty posted:

Applied as Pandaal, Pee#5563 on discord.

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum
The discord link in the OP is dead. Is there a new one?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Pandaal posted:

Applied as Pandaal, Pee#5563 on discord.

I accepted it.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

FormerFatty posted:

I accepted it.

Hell yeah, thanks!

evilemu
Sep 26, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Applying again as Lewter in-game. Lewter#0569 on discord. I think I got passed over last time, but I've been on at weird hours.

Got into a random ARCH gank squad and that was an absolute blast. Seeing a dead person ask "why?" after 10 people invaded his dungeon is a great feeling.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Awful Company 42069 looks full at the moment, should I just wait it out or is there another guild in the alliance accepting members?

I started back up after the recent patch and I'm around 900 IP on my most comfortable build, willing to play any role in PVP, including healing. I've mostly done dungeons and 5v5's so far, but want to get into the more interesting side of PVP. I also have around 30m silver from founders poo poo I sold months back when I logged in for a few days, so I have some funds to get going, I just kind of need to be told what to do.

Graphics fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 21, 2021

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Looks like a few slots finally opened up for Awful Company 42069, applied in-game as Fastlikecheetah. Discord as Graphics#3501.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Ao was the most fun i had in a long time in a MMO playing with Glut and the rest of the gank crew. Gonna buy a beast PC in a couple of months, got sidetracked doing drugs and such XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Overture posted:

Looks like a few slots finally opened up for Awful Company 42069, applied in-game as Fastlikecheetah. Discord as Graphics#3501.

Bumpppp! Hoping I can get in tonight, looks like there is only one slot left.