Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm going to guess that Vedika trying to read Goops will end with Vedika vomiting darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

nimby posted:

I'm going to guess that Vedika trying to read Goops will end with Vedika vomiting darkness.

"Hmm. Seeing all of this from that perspective made me realize a lot of reasonable things. I am on her side now. Die!"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cant cook creole bream posted:

"Hmm. Seeing all of this from that perspective made me realize a lot of reasonable things. I am on her side now. Die!"

Ah, the Blizzard Entertainment school of character development.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com//chapter-17-page-9

Bud is not saying it is ghosts, but she is saying it is ghosts.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
With the attention brought to Vedka's uneasy relationship with her powers on the last page this seems like a natural transition to But thinking they could be useful against Goops.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

With the attention brought to Vedka's uneasy relationship with her powers on the last page this seems like a natural transition to But thinking they could be useful against Goops.
Where I come from we call that a death flag.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Oh yikes I said But instead of Bud. Heh. Butt.

But anyway I don't we're going to get another member of the gang picked off so soon.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Following up killing a character with another too soon takes it from tragic to excessive. And at this point mildly farcical for the whole “oh no Undine’s friends are all dead again” angle since its been what, a couple weeks in-universe since the Team Alchemical thing?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Oh yikes I said But instead of Bud. Heh. Butt.

But anyway I don't we're going to get another member of the gang picked off so soon.

I'm not saying immediately now. But Vedka's telepathy and potential as a way to counter Goops is the exact kind of thing that invites being picked off once that potential starts to be realized.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I get SD isn't Gunnerkrigg Court and this might mean peril for Vedika, but I'm hoping this works and that it boosts her self-confidence.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Goops comes to kill Vedika, who reads the goop girl's mind and makes fun of her until she runs away.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Vedika just brings up that embarrassing thing Goops did when she was 5, causing her to cringe so hard she winds up as a stain on the floor.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Poor Vedika, thought of Goops and died.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Poor Bud, denied her flower power combo team.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

They do almost seem thematic. But who wants a team where everyone shares a color. https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-10

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Twibbit posted:

They do almost seem thematic. But who wants a team where everyone shares a color. https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-10

A monochrome team would look pretty baller and they also have unique eyes and an emphasis on ranged attacks. Not to be a thematic elitist or anything, Zoe and Rue are a good duo. I just like a good matching color palette. Worst thing when playing a tag fighter is not being able to coordinate the group.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Twibbit posted:

Oh my God, Bud is crushing on Zoe. :allears:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“She goes to another school” does sound like Zoe is making poo poo up on the fly, to be fair.

Insisting she’s super duper real isn’t helping. :v:

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
"I DO have a partner, you wouldn't know her, she lives in Magical Girl Canada"

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
"I do have a partner. Here she is, just off-panel."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
She has invisibility powers, but is very shy and doesn't like to talk.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Twibbit posted:

The theory is that Bud, Zoe and maybe Anemone are part of an unreleased thematic team - they're all grey flowers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
huh, I didn't even realize this was a thing

https://sleeplessdomain.fandom.com/wiki/The_Code

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

flatluigi posted:

I already considered this one of the deeper webcomics out there and you spring this on me? drat, now I'm going to be staring at wall shapes for hours! :doh:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

flatluigi posted:

:stare:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Falconer posted:

"I do have a partner. Here she is, just off-panel."

partnership over with Rue, now Gabby is my best partner

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Bussamove posted:

“She goes to another school” does sound like Zoe is making poo poo up on the fly, to be fair.

Insisting she’s super duper real isn’t helping. :v:
Also there's canonically only one other mahou school in the city, so her not even being able to say 'she goes to Founder's Blessing' makes it seem extra sus.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I missed that there was another mahou school. I assumed that they were a small enough percentage to all fit in one.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Well, there have to be enough mahous to patrol an entire city, mostly on foot.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

As far as I know it's not confirmed whether there's a second school or not, just what it would be called if Mary decides there is one.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

As far as I know it's not confirmed whether there's a second school or not, just what it would be called if Mary decides there is one.

Anne Uther School for Magical Girls, clearly.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Bussamove posted:

Anne Uther School for Magical Girls, clearly.

Anne Utena

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-11

more gabby time, heck yeah

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's the eye effect we see when people get mind-whammied and lose their memory of the woman in white, what's up here?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given the alt-text i'm going to hail mary a prediction that that's what happens when anyone goes and looks at 'the outer barrier' and we're about to learn more about its deal

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I wonder if Bud's laser eyes will mean something here.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I am only slightly worried she is going to off Gabby to avoid jokes about her being just off screen

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MikeJF posted:

That's the eye effect we see when people get mind-whammied and lose their memory of the woman in white, what's up here?

She looks like she rounded the corner and Medusa was just chilling there. :ohdear:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Twibbit posted:

I am only slightly worried she is going to off Gabby to avoid jokes about her being just off screen

She is, but Gabby will die just off screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gabby is already dead just off-panel.

Alternatively, Gabby has already defeated Goops just off-panel.