Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghostlight posted:

So glad to see RT making headlines with the new Hitman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFp9ln5iQFQ

i see someone plays hitman like i do. i am glad i am not alone. i never go THAT far but i am rarely as stealthy as i want to be.

what the little shithead say, they privated it?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Coffin going terf would be the least surprising thing ever, especially if it were just out of petty jealousy aimed at people who make better youtube videos.

they will absolutely going to be go full terf/strasserite by next year at least.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Looking forward to the bullshit video about how philosophy tube embodies neoliberalism now and is only emulating true leftism and it’s slavery to capital to like her or be supportive. I don’t know if Coffin knows big words like “capital” though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Looking forward to the bullshit video about how philosophy tube embodies neoliberalism now and is only emulating true leftism and it’s slavery to capital to like her or be supportive. I don’t know if Coffin knows big words like “capital” though.

what did coffin say? i assume its some sorta of "transgender folk are bourgie rot" or some gross poo poo.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Stormgale posted:

"When I came out as Nonbinary, I was accued of stealing Feminism from Women, makes you think" (parahprased) in regards to Abigail Coming out today.

What a dickhead Peter is

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
e. Didn't see somebody else already responded.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i love that one of my favorite deaths/reaction shots in cinema is a meme. thanks for this.

Stormgale posted:

"When I came out as Nonbinary, I was accued of stealing Feminism from Women, makes you think" (parahprased) in regards to Abigail Coming out today.

loving gross. gently caress that piece of poo poo. also when people said that poo poo, it probably wasn't because of your coming out as NonBinary but because your a loving creep who no one really trusts who got famous for lying a ton about poo poo, chasing trends and kicking themselves in the nuts.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 31, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I feel like if your main line of work is youtube videos then you do need to have a twitter, but your twitter should be about promoting your youtube videos. You could ask yourself before tweeting, “will this help get people interested in my youtube videos?” and just not post if the answer is no.

You could probably even hire a firm that would write and schedule the tweets for you.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Unfortunately Coffin definitely knows the word.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

the tweet is still showing up in the thread for me

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1355732264487972864?s=20

No one knows what it’s like...behind blue eyes

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Anywho, my friend Devin Malone has a new video on Adult Swim in the early 2000s!

"Up Till Dawn: Nostalgic For Adult Swim"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxVAaTaRis&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=WildPotatoIndustries

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Unfortunately Coffin definitely knows the word.
The thing that got me to stop watching Coffin's videos was specifically a seemingly large number of them back to back wherein Coffin reduced x thing to social capital and then complained about its existence in a way that made it very clear they had no idea what capital was outside of it being the first part of the bad word capitalism.
Also they have been very angry about their lack of social capital ever since.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the article that shat on Peter for being non-binary was written by Katie loving Herzog, she’s not even in the same solar system as the group of people celebrating Abigail’s coming out. what the gently caress are they even talking about.

EDIT: it was also published 11 goddamn months after Peter came out as nonbinary! Abigail has not even been out for a day!

Augus fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 31, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i see someone plays hitman like i do. i am glad i am not alone. i never go THAT far but i am rarely as stealthy as i want to be.
RT is the best at the game because he just fully embraces the chaos.

One of my favourites of his Hitman 2 videos is this one because it has everything from accidental flawless victories to the world's sloppiest serial killer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG57PfipZ1w

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jeez. I really don't know what Peter Coffin's damage is, but it's something they really ought to try and sort out. They just seem so bitter and twisted and trapped in some toxic narcissism that has to make absolutely everything about them. It's not really like the stupid tweets that MovieBob puts out, this is just something that's way nastier and toxic. It's just not going to end well at all.

Anyway, many congratulations to Abigail.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

the tweet is still showing up in the thread for me

Same. But if you're not me, then here, let me help you.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Wouldn't it be wild if someone wrote an article saying trans women appropriate feminism from cis women?

Now to take a big sip of estradiol valerate and read The Guardian.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ague Proof posted:

Wouldn't it be wild if someone wrote an article saying trans women appropriate feminism from cis women?

Now to take a big sip of estradiol valerate and read The Guardian.

I've recently realised that it's now a recognised trope among non-British Anglosphere leftists that when you see wet British centerist takes as you can expect from the Graun, if you look down the TL you can expect TERFerism. TERF loving island.

https://twitter.com/hEnereyG/status/1349891046054924289?s=19

Imagine believing someone would declare themselves trans in this environment for any reason besides they loving have to.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Philosophy tube's following is also like 4 times the size of Coffin's? Of course she gets a bigger outpouring of support.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Incoming shitpost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfhsItXQ94w

Edit: I'm also hype with Abigail's upcoming podcast with Alice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/LeftAccidental/status/1355699432604504067?s=20
this never fails to crack me up every time it happens

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
"There's no such thing as a trans woman" why the gently caress would you say that

EDIT: Wait did that dude get transwomen confused with transmen? Oh my god that's hilarious

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Jamie Faith posted:

The question is, is it deliberate bad faith? Or is he really that dense he doesn't understand why people are calling him out? You would think its the former, but since he always acts so confused that Hbomb, Shaun, Lindsay Ellis, Jack Saint, the Renegade Cut guy, and other breadtubers hate him, I'm starting to think it is the latter... :cripes:

I don't like Movie-Bobbin about Movie Bob much, but he gives the vibe of someone certain he can't be wrong and kind of insulated in a self-justification cycle for why he gets hate, and to escape the emotional pain of realizing people whose opinions he likes and respects and whom he views as intellectual peers all despise him. He doesn't want to back off or admit that napalming the Rust Belt is a horrifying idea you might rant about at lunch in high school with some sympathetically left-ish edgelord friends, and not a real solution to a systemic issue caused by dozens of deliberately-hard-to-solve problems. If people tell him otherwise, they're haters or bullies, misunderstanding what he meant, etc. That's also why he keeps reframing stupid poo poo he tweeted before in new ways as he goes back and excuses the awful remarks to himself.

This is a lot of words to say he's just sad, and trapped in a hell of his own making.

I feel like if your main line of work is youtube videos then you do need to have a twitter, but your twitter should be about promoting your youtube videos. You could ask yourself before tweeting, “will this help get people interested in my youtube videos?” and just not post if the answer is no.

You could probably even hire a firm that would write and schedule the tweets for you.

I feel like in general, if you're using a twitter account to post in any personal or political way, rather than like animal photos or humorously riffing on the Topic Of The Day, you are pretty much opening your brain to the psychic maelstrom of the internet and inviting it to go full Garbage Ape on your brain. I think you can see that in like... every instance a tweet gets posted here pretty much.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

"There's no such thing as a trans woman" why the gently caress would you say that

EDIT: Wait did that dude get transwomen confused with transmen? Oh my god that's hilarious

transphobes are very dumb

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

This is a lot of words to say he's just sad, and trapped in a hell of his own making.

Yeah. Cinema Robert truly thinks that intelligence = education and firmly believes he belongs in the Ivory Tower despite evidence to the contrary. The truth would be too difficult to bear.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

He has a supreme hatred for poor communities and thinks they should be all left to die as any resources allocated to them would be wasted because the poors are just a bunch of dumbs who'll squander them. Instead those resources should go to the intelligent elite communities to help them get flying cards and shuttles to the moon or some poo poo.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Lets be real he just wants more Marvel films.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amanda from Swell Entertainment realizes the monkey's paw wish she made when she said she wanted a live action Winx Club movie. I don't know a thing about Winx Club but the video was funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8WfmnYv1N4

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Winx was an Italian Magical girls mega hit back in the early 2000s, apparently the UK used an american dub that was heavily changed and dumbed down so it didn't take off as big in english speaking territories, but it was massive everywhere else, I know Mauritians who are mega fans from the French dub that aired there.

There have been spin offs to cash in on the latest trends in teen girl demographics, like pop groups etc, I'd say overall it had a sort of Sailor Moon impact in being very popular with young girls when there still wasn't that much made for them (when it first started airing) and it had a strong queer teen following.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jesus what a sack of poo poo. your not a martyr peter. your not the loving vanguard of QUILTBAG+ rights or some big brain theorycrafter of marxism. your a loving simpleton who screetches basic theory and whines about "other trans folk" ruining the vanguard. just go full chud already and cancel, you wanker. if there is something i hate, its someone who wants back pats for their life everything and such but the second someone else has comes out and does something good and gets congratulated, they get uber pissy and want to pull the ladder up. i am not a good leftist by any means but i know that kinda poo poo isnt it.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Cinema Robert truly thinks that intelligence = education and firmly believes he belongs in the Ivory Tower despite evidence to the contrary. The truth would be too difficult to bear.

yep. pretty much.

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't like Movie-Bobbin about Movie Bob much, but he gives the vibe of someone certain he can't be wrong and kind of insulated in a self-justification cycle for why he gets hate, and to escape the emotional pain of realizing people whose opinions he likes and respects and whom he views as intellectual peers all despise him. He doesn't want to back off or admit that napalming the Rust Belt is a horrifying idea you might rant about at lunch in high school with some sympathetically left-ish edgelord friends, and not a real solution to a systemic issue caused by dozens of deliberately-hard-to-solve problems. If people tell him otherwise, they're haters or bullies, misunderstanding what he meant, etc. That's also why he keeps reframing stupid poo poo he tweeted before in new ways as he goes back and excuses the awful remarks to himself.

yeah. i dont like bob but i pity him sorta. he is the dude who never grew out of high school/junior high. i used to be him in high school and than i grew up. gently caress i turned 30 today and while i still like sad nerdy poo poo as some of you very well know. but christ, leave the anger about high school bullies with the graduation cereomony. thats where alot of his weird class hate comes. because he got loving picked on like 20 years ago.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I've seen that reply before so it may have reached copypasta status

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Nuebot posted:

He doesn't feel shame.

He does feel it. He likes it. It’s what normal feels like. You can’t shame people into better behavior. It is not possible. You just turn them into shame pigs who poo poo their pants for the attention.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i dont like bob but i pity him sorta. he is the dude who never grew out of high school/junior high. i used to be him in high school and than i grew up. gently caress i turned 30 today and while i still like sad nerdy poo poo as some of you very well know. but christ, leave the anger about high school bullies with the graduation cereomony. thats where alot of his weird class hate comes. because he got loving picked on like 20 years ago.

By his own accounts back in his older videos, he didn't even get bullied -that badly-. And I absolutely guarantee he did not get nearly the poo poo that non-white, neurodivergent, disabled and/or queer kids get by a long shot.

And yet, he's built everything around it (including continuing to be a creepy hanger on to whatever group of girls he can, yes Bob I remember that video where you told young boys to do that poo poo), so desperate to be the underdog despite having the world handed to him by virtue of hellsociety.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I don't pity him or anything, but like yeah there's no reason to bother with anything he says when he's firmly established that he's not willing to approach anything with nuance or maturity. Let him stew in his little internet cave like Andrew Dobson or whatever. You can go out and live your best life instead.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I don’t know where Bob picked up his background but some of it may have fermented from that American period in the 00s when the culture war was brewing over things like teaching evolution in schools or prayer in class. So he does what plenty of teens and young adults did, take pride in science and intellectualism. Nobody would object to science. It’s all facts! Combine that with consuming lots of 00s media where dunking on the Bible Belt was all the rage and voila.

And he, like many people that get too online, assume the absolute worst when it comes to opposition of what he likes. Which was why he got so angry over a poll showing people not wanting to go to outer space for various reasons. Going to the moon or space is seen to some as the next breakthrough to science. It’s why he kept saying things like ‘If it weren’t for stupid people, I’d be talking with robots on the moon!’ Instead of seeing it as a change of preference, he saw it as an opposition to science and intelligence that he banked his identity on.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitch.tv/trashfuturepodcast
If you want to watch something with Abby

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't pity him or anything, but like yeah there's no reason to bother with anything he says when he's firmly established that he's not willing to approach anything with nuance or maturity. Let him stew in his little internet cave like Andrew Dobson or whatever. You can go out and live your best life instead.

same. i mean i find the poo poo funny and stuff and i will laugh along. its less pity and more weird empathy of him getting trapped in a cycle of his own making and not really have any friends.

also whatever happened to Dobson.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I don’t know where Bob picked up his background but some of it may have fermented from that American period in the 00s when the culture war was brewing over things like teaching evolution in schools or prayer in class. So he does what plenty of teens and young adults did, take pride in science and intellectualism. Nobody would object to science. It’s all facts! Combine that with consuming lots of 00s media where dunking on the Bible Belt was all the rage and voila.

And he, like many people that get too online, assume the absolute worst when it comes to opposition of what he likes. Which was why he got so angry over a poll showing people not wanting to go to outer space for various reasons. Going to the moon or space is seen to some as the next breakthrough to science. It’s why he kept saying things like ‘If it weren’t for stupid people, I’d be talking with robots on the moon!’ Instead of seeing it as a change of preference, he saw it as an opposition to science and intelligence that he banked his identity on.

this. he is very 2000s. i used to be the big athiest brain but than i grew out of it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Yeah. I don't think it's anything more complicated than "all the world's problems would be solved if all the money went to white science bros" mindset aging very very poorly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsIXA8lNZc

Noah Caldwell Gervais with an updated look at Half Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

New Sideways on that Mulan remake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjK50kEgvo