Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
"Attack on Titan" always seemed to me a reasonable stretch under poetic license. Sometimes we use the term "man" to refer to all of humankind as a collective institution; if you take "titan" in the same way, then the syntax of the phrase works fine. Whole lotta titan gets attack'd in the show, that's for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'll take it over 'The Eotena Onslaught'.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Pyrotoad posted:

I'll take it over 'The Eotena Onslaught'.

Captain Rivaille from Eotena Onslaught was my favorite character

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah, they could be memories Falco's going to inherit in the future (possibly from Reiner?).

I think Falco is going to inherit Eren’s titan(s) based on them having the same “staring at the birds” intro and them bonding.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

I think Falco is going to inherit Eren’s titan(s) based on them having the same “staring at the birds” intro and them bonding.

I was running through the list of titans and thought it would be a thematically appropriate choice, but the birds thing makes it even better.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm waiting impatiently right now for the new episode to go live on Hulu, lol.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

:same:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm watching it right now :smug:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just finished the ep....

:smith:

[edit] It is comforting to know that the scouts all basically resent Eren for what he dragged them into. Curious to what Zeke has planned, and if the Paradis crew are going to take in Gabi and Falco and turn them against Marley somehow. But goddamnit, I just knew either Jean, Conny, or Sasha was gonna be the one to die this episode with how it kept lingering on them.

It also just made me sad seeing Gabi relentlessly spew the poo poo she was saying to both Falco and later to Jean. Extremist views are so loving toxic. gently caress Marley.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 31, 2021

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
The English title is pretty clear to me after the titan name reveal, attack on is a fairly literal take on shingeki's nuance but not enough to be more than mildly engrish, like the Attack-On Titan, the Attack Onwards Titan, it's easy to see what he was going for and it's honestly a bit clever considering how much mystery the title engendered in both languages

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I knew it was gonna happen (thanks YouTube!) but still hoped it wouldn't.

Also did they seriously only lose six guys in that whole mess? That seems really low.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Suds McBoo posted:

Also did they seriously only lose six guys in that whole mess? That seems really low.

8 now. RIP Sasha, and that Garrison guy.

I believe it though. I only really remember Pieck's crew killing a handful, and General Magath shot one down. The Paradis incursion was met as a surprise and Marley soldiers have never dealt with an enemy flying around on ODM gear (right?). If anything, Paradis losses were higher than they should have been considering their advantage imo.

[edit] I also skipped the preview this week. Think I'll do so moving forward. poo poo is just too good to spoil even slightly.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 31, 2021

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Poor Lobov, barely anyone even noticed he never came back.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Pretty much everything happened as I figured it would, which is pretty lovely because of the content being what it is. I'm not sure what we get next, other than a combination of infodump and flashbacks to show what we missed.

Interesting that Zeke had groupies. I can see a few ways to make the pieces of Zeke's rebel group/the Eldian restorationist movement/international(?) anti-Marley alliance (not sure what's most accurate) fit in with with Paradis. I'm sure we'll find out in the next few episodes how it happened.

Is there a name for Zeke's groupies that's preferred by fandom? The Zeke Commandos, Zeke Consortium, and the Yaeger Mobsters were all suggested by my other half.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Poor Lobov, barely anyone even noticed he never came back.

Jean remembered :unsmith:

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

teagone posted:

Jean remembered :unsmith:

Lobov sounded like a really familiar name, did we see him earlier in the show?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Maera Sior posted:

Lobov sounded like a really familiar name, did we see him earlier in the show?

In the Battle for Trost arc, he was the one who threatened to kill a trainee who wanted to flee.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Hey it's that Garrison dude from way back in early S1.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

There was also a Lobov that Erwin was blackmailing because he wanted to disband the Scouts, in No Regrets.

Looks like this Lobov put on a little weight since season 1.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Conspiratiorist posted:

Hey it's that Garrison dude from way back in early S1.

He got chubby since then, hehe.

:rip:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Eren you complete bastard.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

Pretty much everything happened as I figured it would, which is pretty lovely because of the content being what it is. I'm not sure what we get next, other than a combination of infodump and flashbacks to show what we missed.

Interesting that Zeke had groupies. I can see a few ways to make the pieces of Zeke's rebel group/the Eldian restorationist movement/international(?) anti-Marley alliance (not sure what's most accurate) fit in with with Paradis. I'm sure we'll find out in the next few episodes how it happened.

Is there a name for Zeke's groupies that's preferred by fandom? The Zeke Commandos, Zeke Consortium, and the Yaeger Mobsters were all suggested by my other half.

The Marleyian Volunteers is the most common, since that's what they're called in the manga. It's a case where the official name came fast enough to prevent any nicknames from achieving mass acceptance.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 1, 2021

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

The Marleyian Volunteers is the most common, since that's what they're called in the manga. It's a case where the official name came fast enough to prevent any nicknames from achieving mass acceptance.

That's no fun. :(

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Yeager Meisters

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zeke's Freaks

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
on the lighter side of things..

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I loved how Levi was so ready to beat the poo poo out of Eren again. Lmao.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chiasaur11 posted:

Can you please stop posting manga stuff in the anime thread.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Can you please stop posting manga stuff in the anime thread.

I only said it because the title of the next episode is "brave volunteers".

Understand the caution, though, and I apologize if that's out of line.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

teagone posted:

Zeke's Freaks

This is the best one, because it takes a special kind of person to see a giant poorly-proportioned monkey with a beer belly and think "hell yeah, that's my guy".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

teagone posted:

I loved how Levi was so ready to beat the poo poo out of Eren again. Lmao.
And he's still very up for killing Zeke. Dude is not happy with the bros who have ended up effectively leading him

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
really the whole country of Marley having 'Warriors' recognizable and just your everyday heroes needs its own volume
Because they're sick looking deformed humanoid killing machines, like they're not pretty

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Wow you guys. Please judge Magilla Gorilla for what's on the inside, not the outside.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

hatty posted:

The Yeager Meisters

This needs to be the thread title imho

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
My husband usually doesn't feel bad for fictional characters, but he admitted Sasha got him a bit misty-eyed. This series is so good

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Annointed posted:

Eren you complete bastard.

We still have no idea why he did what he did, nor do the characters. He wasn't out for a blood rage, so I'm interested to see what the motivation is.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Great episode, had a feeling Sasha was gonna go, poor girl .

What's really interesting is that the entire thing was Zeke's plan

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I recall earlier in the first season, someone was talking about how the writer was going to kill Sasha early on, but someone on staff cried and begged him not to do it.

Now here we are, what could've been either Connie or Jean if she had died that much sooner. It was a good decision in the long run.

Freakazoid_ fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 1, 2021

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I can't believe Sasha is gone and Floch's hair remains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I know it's supposed to be sad, but I did lightly chuckle when Eren asked Conny what her last words were and Conny said, "Meat."

Bless your heart, Potato Girl.

:unsmith: