Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
There are a lot of zoos that are bad and unethical, but the ones that do it right serve a good purpose and shouldn't be lumped in with the bad ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

it's fine to have an exotic pet as long as you take care of it well

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

"it's not in its natural habitat" neither am i motherfucker

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the law for that stuff is weird where they can just confiscate animals. it should be like "you can't sell them" but if you somehow own one you should get to keep it unless you treat it like poo poo

you shouldn't be able to sell bears at the bear store but if you somehow have a bear in your household it should be fine and if it attacks you it's your rear end

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Apes shouldn’t be in zoos

Society's the real zoo, know what I mean?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Big gorilla at the L.A. Zoo
Snatched the glasses right off my face
Took the keys to my BMW
Left me here to take his place…

https://youtu.be/epov4_3h2-w

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

the law for that stuff is weird where they can just confiscate animals. it should be like "you can't sell them" but if you somehow own one you should get to keep it unless you treat it like poo poo

you shouldn't be able to sell bears at the bear store but if you somehow have a bear in your household it should be fine and if it attacks you it's your rear end

The only difference de facto between a society where selling bears in a bear shop is legal, and owning them is also legal, and a society where selling bears in a bear shop is illegal, but owning them is legal, is that the bear shops are run by criminals, and that is why both selling and owning bears is illegal, you liberal.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The only difference de facto between a society where selling bears in a bear shop is legal, and owning them is also legal, and a society where selling bears in a bear shop is illegal, but owning them is legal, is that the bear shops are run by criminals, and that is why both selling and owning bears is illegal, you liberal.

What about a society where the bear shops are legal but it is illegal to own a bear?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Badactura posted:

What about a society where the bear shops are legal but it is illegal to own a bear?

Yeah, what about it?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

What's the difference between that society and one where bear sales and bear ownership is illegal?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Badactura posted:

What's the difference between that society and one where bear sales and bear ownership is illegal?

This isn't the thread to ask for opinions, but to post them.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'
This isn't the thread to ask for opinions, but to post them.

I'm sorry, I wanted others to post their opinions for me and that is not right.

I think it would be better to have a society where you could sell bears but not own bears, it's the best of bear sale laws on the table today

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
So the customer pays the store owner to free the bears? It's a strange business model, but I guess I don't see anything wrong with it.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

PizzaProwler posted:

So the customer pays the store owner to free the bears? It's a strange business model, but I guess I don't see anything wrong with it.

You could rent the bears for events or missions

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The store couldn’t own bears either though

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Captain Monkey posted:

The store couldn’t own bears either though

They could pay the bears for their labor maybe?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hm... ok that’d work.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Okay but how do you get around the right to bear arms? Surely if they're laboring with their arms and I own the bear's arms, I would by association own the work they've done?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Joey Freshwater posted:

Okay but how do you get around the right to bear arms? Surely if they're laboring with their arms and I own the bear's arms, I would by association own the work they've done?

The bear's lawyer argues in court that the bear has no arms, only legs. Thus you are not entitled work produced with the legs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The internet should only be on during the day. The whole thing should be shut off in the evenings.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Good, I'm getting sick of talking to people in other time zones with their chronologically incorrect opinions.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

christmas boots posted:

Good, I'm getting sick of talking to people in other time zones with their chronologically incorrect opinions.

You would still be able to send messages to people in time zones where the internet is off, they just wouldn't receive them until their internet came back on.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

You would still be able to send messages to people in time zones where the internet is off, they just wouldn't receive them until their internet came back on.

What the gently caress?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

The internet should only be on during the day. The whole thing should be shut off in the evenings.

i unironically love this idea

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you want to play a multiplayer game after work, gently caress you!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you want to play a multiplayer game after work, make some friends!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

How do you play with friends who don't live in your area, genius?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

eurodance was dumb but i always thought it was a really fun genre of music and i would like to see it revived with contemporary aesthetics. something like a cross between capsule and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiWtqVtd1Oo

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Henchman of Santa posted:

How do you play with friends who don't live in your area, genius?

Well presumably it's daytime over there

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've loved everything I've seen that Mindy Kaling has written or been in. I have not seen Ocean's 8 because I'm afraid it will break that streak.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've loved everything I've seen that Mindy Kaling has written or been in. I have not seen Ocean's 8 because I'm afraid it will break that streak.

I'm convinced that 100 people in the world like Mindy Kaling, and most of them work at NPR. The only times I ever heard about The Mindy project was when NPR did a story about it or interviewed one of the cast members, which, I swear to god, once happened three times in one week.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
There's a plague on, don't invite people over to your home.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
People who make a big show of being repulsed by ranch dressing are classist.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Americans were a mistake

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Nameless Pete posted:

People who make a big show of being repulsed by ranch dressing are classist.

I hear this a lot on the site and nobody has explained the stance and I'd like you to.

Because I know the reason is going to be dumb as poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People who make a big show of being repulsed by ranch dressing (or mayo) are just dumb.

Also americans are not even like top ten most mayo- and cream-happy countries but internet idiots have decided excessive mayo is a US thing.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People who make a big show of being repulsed by ranch dressing (or mayo) are just dumb.

Also americans are not even like top ten most mayo- and cream-happy countries but internet idiots have decided excessive mayo is a US thing.

Lol one of my mates had a girlfriend that would make him put his own mayo on sandwiches because it was soo icky.

Same girl came out with us to a curry house once and had chips and an omelette

Some people are really weird about food

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have one brother, and he liked mayo and I liked mustard growing up

I don't even dislike mayo anymore, but I habitually get mustard on stuff and haven't had mayo in forever. "the one who likes mustard" is just my identity now

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's okay to be classist, but ranch is also great.

There, the best compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Ranch isn't that good, although I enjoy mayonnaise