Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Beginning in Nagoya January 30th
MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

HM
Will Ospreay vs Satoshi Kojima

Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WMOTYC: Tony Deppen vs. Jordan Oliver, GCW The Ironman Challenge 1/30

Knowing GCW and Deppen, you could maybe read this as a parody of self-indulgent indie epics. But that's being very generous -- whether intentional or not, it just loving sucked.

The first problem is that it's an Iron Man match that ended on a draw, the most tired trope in wrestling. Just loving do a decisive winner for once! The match wasn't very exciting to begin with, but then it got turned into another hour and the whole thing just fell apart. They had maybe 20 minutes of good ideas stretched out into the longest 2 hours of my life.

I'm a big fan of Deppen but he couldn't save this. Whatever they were going for, almost none of it worked.

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 30, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Ken Broadway vs. Gabriel Skye GCW Fight Forever: VxS Presents: Rockstar Knights, 1/30

Really good match with super impressive stuff from both guys. Good to see Cash Flow.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

Seconded

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
11th January
DDT Isn't It Dramatic 2021
Akito and Shota vs Danshoku Dieno and Sanshiro Takagi

It's a nonsense match on a show in front of 100 people with 1 camera but this match is fantastic DDT nonsense. Let me just quote Dramatic DDT

"Strap yourselves in folks, Match #4 was weird. Shota hadn’t recovered from the Street Fight he wrestled in yesterday and was worried he wouldn’t last in the ring today. Akito assured him their match against Sanshiro Takagi & Danshoku Dieno would only be a test of mental strength and patience. He came up with a match where everyone wore “Super Mouth Cannons” over their faces that made loud honk noises if they breathe too hard. Both teams started with 10 points and would lose a point if the mouth cannon made a noise. This was meant to teach the wrestlers not to over exert themselves."

So imagine a match where every time they make a sound it's like a duck call. It's loving dumb and good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
11th January
DDT Isn't It Dramatic 2021
Akito and Shota vs Danshoku Dieno and Sanshiro Takagi

It's a nonsense match on a show in front of 100 people with 1 camera but this match is fantastic DDT nonsense. Let me just quote Dramatic DDT

"Strap yourselves in folks, Match #4 was weird. Shota hadn’t recovered from the Street Fight he wrestled in yesterday and was worried he wouldn’t last in the ring today. Akito assured him their match against Sanshiro Takagi & Danshoku Dieno would only be a test of mental strength and patience. He came up with a match where everyone wore “Super Mouth Cannons” over their faces that made loud honk noises if they breathe too hard. Both teams started with 10 points and would lose a point if the mouth cannon made a noise. This was meant to teach the wrestlers not to over exert themselves."

So imagine a match where every time they make a sound it's like a duck call. It's loving dumb and good.
Seconding, I saw this match when it aired and it was just the perfect weird DDT spectacle

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

New beginning in Nagoya

HM: tenzan v gok
Motyc: Ospreay v kojima
Motyc : Tana v Shingo

Yeah agreed. Tana/Shingo was amazing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Everett Connors, GCW Fight Forever: The Wrld on GCW Part 3 1/30

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Benne posted:

Knowing GCW and Deppen, you could maybe read this as a parody of self-indulgent indie epics. But that's being very generous -- whether intentional or not, it just loving sucked.

The first problem is that it's an Iron Man match that ended on a draw, the most tired trope in wrestling. Just loving do a decisive winner for once! The match wasn't very exciting to begin with, but then it got turned into another hour and the whole thing just fell apart. They had maybe 20 minutes of good ideas stretched out into the longest 2 hours of my life.

I'm a big fan of Deppen but he couldn't save this. Whatever they were going for, almost none of it worked.

Nth, it wasn't completely dogshit like most WMOTYC, but it was 2 hours long, which makes it more offensive somehow.

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Everett Connors, GCW Fight Forever: The Wrld on GCW Part 3 1/30

Nth

EDIT: Forgot to Nth this

Lamuella posted:

HM: Effy vs Billy Dixon, GCW Fight Forever January 30th

Brutal and emotional confrontation, and at the end we found out that Effy had stolen a twink's soul and the twink wants it back.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 31, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

Gets a HM from me.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
23rd January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground Night 3
GHC National Title
Kenoh vs Kazunari Murakami

Seems they are pushing Kenoh down a shoot style road at present, first he faced Sakuraba last month, here he is against Murakami. It's a fairly quick match, intense striking, submission attempts I'm really digging it.

Finally got around to watching this, and Nth. Absolutely love this style and Murakami looked like the baddest man on earth during his entrance. Hyped about Kenoh's next opponent on his continuing odessy of fighting double-hard old bastards

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HM: Smith and Carter vs Mandrews and Flash vs The Hunt vs Pretty Deadly - Jan 38 NXT UK.

Pretty Deadly have so much potential as a tag team.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Beginning in Nagoya January 30th
MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

HM
Will Ospreay vs Satoshi Kojima

Nth. I wish I didn't know the finish to Shingo/Tanahashi as the false finish definitely would've fooled me and made me wonder for a second if I read right.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This might not be the last 2020 match I recommend but none of them aired in 2020 so suck it

HM
20th December 2020
2AW Infinity ~ 2020 Winter
JIN (Ayato Yoshida & Jake Lee) vs Andrew Kingdom (Shigehiro Irie & Taishi Takizawa)

Show had a few AJPW guys on it like Lee and Yuma Aoyagi which was cool. But this was all about setting up the 2AW Openweight Title match between Yoshida and Irie and did a grand job at that. 3 great wrestlers, plus Takizawa who is solid, it is worth a watch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dunno if it was a motyc but

HM: Women's Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble 1/31/21

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HM: Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens, Royal Rumble.

Great match until that flat finish

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

HM: Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens, Royal Rumble.

Great match until that flat finish

yup, finish pulled an early contender for WWE MOTY (not the highest bar to clear, tbf) down to just "wow, I got to feel kinda good about watching a WWE match for once"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WMOTY: men's royal rumble

If you think last years rumble is worse than this one you are a clown

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

NienNunb posted:

nth, insanely bad and boring as hell.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Agree with all of this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Men's Royal Rumble - WWE Royal Rumble 1/31

Agreeing with the previous posts. My only real enjoyment in this match was tracking the average age of everyone in it (39 years old).

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

NienNunb posted:

Nth. I actually really liked last year's rumble...this one was boring garbage

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

NienNunb posted:

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ratedargh posted:

Nth. I actually really liked last year's rumble...this one was boring garbage

Last years was the only good wwe match of the last decade, it was really good. the first good rumble since the one Cena won

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Last years was the only good wwe match of the last decade, it was really good. the first good rumble since the one Cena won

this is blatant Daniel Bryan erasure and I will not stand for it

e: oh also, nth wmotyc men's rumble

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

I'll agree with HM. Despite the messy middle, the first half of the match was really strong and it had a great ending and the absolute right person won for a change.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

agree

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NienNunb posted:

ummm... 2018?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Lid posted:

ummm... 2018?

Agree, if you can block out what happened to Shinsuke after.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you held a gun to my head and told me to give a single detail about 2018 I would have to die

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Evil Badman posted:

Agree, if you can block out what happened to Shinsuke after.

i remember being really excited then they gave us nutshot-fest instead. what a waste

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NienNunb posted:

If you held a gun to my head and told me to give a single detail about 2018 I would have to die

2018 was 10 years ago

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Dango Bango posted:

WMOTYC: Men's Royal Rumble - WWE Royal Rumble 1/31

Agreeing with the previous posts. My only real enjoyment in this match was tracking the average age of everyone in it (39 years old).

Nth. It was a very nothing rumble. I think the most I got excited was when OMOS came out because HE BIG and I didn't know who he was. Struggling to remember any spots from this match that just happened like an hour ago

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

HM: Women's Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble, Jan 31
HM: Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens - Royal Rumble, Jan 31

Reigns/Owens was wonderfully dumb and I loved it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

HHH came in at number 31 and eliminated Brock Lesnar.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked the rumble where Triple H won, he should win another one.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

HM Women's Rumble 1/31

there's a big lull in the middle which others have pointed out but the highs are very good and this will probably be the only wwe match i enjoy all year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Women's Royal Rumble, WWE Royal Rumble, 31/01

Teased two nightmare scenarios then ditched them in favour of putting over exactly the right person

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Do not even ask posted:

HM: Women's Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble, Jan 31
HM: Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens - Royal Rumble, Jan 31

Reigns/Owens was wonderfully dumb and I loved it.
Yeah this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31/1
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 10 Afternoon show
Open The Twin Gate #1 Contender tournament round 1
Dragon Kid & YAMATO vs UT & Don Fujii

Fujii gets another chance with Natural Vibes after failing his audition as he replaces Taketo Kamei who I think is self-isolating. 3 DG greats and the talented young UT mean this is very good.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 1, 2021