Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I can't put my finger on it but something about those tires screams ANCIENT / DRY ROT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Marquez would've saved that ship with his knee.

E: I got to work on this today :allears: absurd mileage and condition, one owner since the 80's

Does he keep it in a hermetically sealed box, rides it every quarter, cleans it to the point of inanity and puts it back in its box?

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Slavvy posted:

E: I got to work on this today :allears: absurd mileage and condition, one owner since the 80's

Soooo choice! 750 or 1100?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

I always wondered if those bikes looked awesome when new, and just seem like a horrid monstrosity to me because I only see tarnished junkers. Now I know.

Steakandchips posted:

Does he keep it in a hermetically sealed box, rides it every quarter, cleans it to the point of inanity and puts it back in its box?

It's not a GS.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

gileadexile posted:

Nevermind, I see the square headlight, so I assume 1100.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Coydog posted:

It's not a GS.

:hmmyes:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gileadexile posted:

It's a usdm 700.

Coydog posted:

I always wondered if those bikes looked awesome when new, and just seem like a horrid monstrosity to me because I only see tarnished junkers. Now I know.

It's not a GS.

80's Hondas all look like they're carved from solid aluminum, out of the two I prefer the VT range though, the v4 feels like a sport bike engine trapped in a questionably stumpy cruiser while the twin feels like they took a Harley and made it better in every way.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Everyone should follow toni bou because holy poo poo. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKoULPQCufY/

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

builds character posted:

Everyone should follow toni bou because holy poo poo. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKoULPQCufY/

Toni makes it look like magic, He was hurt last year and still kicked rear end.
One of my favorite examples of how much of a trials god Toni is, watch everyone try the last element, then watch Toni dominate it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNXyr5Bitgg

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Best Toni bou is when he's won on everyone's failure but decides to optionally ace the section anyway.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

that's so disrespectful gd

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
When swapping a v8 into your chopper isn’t impractical enough:
https://twitter.com/EGabrielK/status/1355481849338978304?s=19

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The exposed primary right next to your leg sure is something

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Wanna see an actual F8F radial swapped into a motorcycle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_R-2800_Double_Wasp

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Skreemer posted:

Toni makes it look like magic, He was hurt last year and still kicked rear end.
One of my favorite examples of how much of a trials god Toni is, watch everyone try the last element, then watch Toni dominate it,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNXyr5Bitgg

Trials just completely breaks my brain. I can watch Moto GP or even the Dakar and think "Yeah, I could do that" Obviously I *couldn't*, being fat and old and not very good even when I was slimmer and younger, but what they're doing is understandable to me, like I could at least complete a lap or a stage even if it was the slowest thing that had ever happened. But trials just seems like one long and protracted "gently caress you" to the laws of physics.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

When swapping a v8 into your chopper isn’t impractical enough:
https://twitter.com/EGabrielK/status/1355481849338978304?s=19

He's just putting back the missing five cylinders.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Trials just completely breaks my brain. I can watch Moto GP or even the Dakar and think "Yeah, I could do that" Obviously I *couldn't*, being fat and old and not very good even when I was slimmer and younger, but what they're doing is understandable to me, like I could at least complete a lap or a stage even if it was the slowest thing that had ever happened. But trials just seems like one long and protracted "gently caress you" to the laws of physics.

I mean, big wheelie jumps and stoppie pivots I can understand because they use the engine + load transfer but how the gently caress does he jump 2m sideways from a standstill? Where the gently caress does the energy come from??

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I have these recurring dreams in which I’m doing trials stuff on a bicycle and it’s a fuckin blast and inevitably at some point I think “this is great, I finally got it figured out” which is the trigger that lets me know I’m dreaming and then there’s an “awww gently caress” moment and I wake up. This happens a couple times a month and the hour after I wake up is always really glum and disappointing.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I have these recurring dreams in which I’m doing trials stuff on a bicycle and it’s a fuckin blast and inevitably at some point I think “this is great, I finally got it figured out” which is the trigger that lets me know I’m dreaming and then there’s an “awww gently caress” moment and I wake up. This happens a couple times a month and the hour after I wake up is always really glum and disappointing.

Sounds like you need a trials bike.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I have the exact same thing except it's huge backed-in drifts on a GP bike and it all seems so very simple and straightforward.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I have the same thing with very slow Graham Jarvis style wheelies and also think "hell yeah, wait I'm dreaming"

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer
Can we start a wheelie dreams club?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wheelie dreams CA gang tag

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My wheelie dreams are usually lofting slow, forever wheelies that just sit perfectly at the balance point. Never anything like 100mph power wheelies.

Probably because my most wheelied bikes were my DRZSMs and that’s the kind of wheelies they did, slow ones

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

How do gang tags happen, this seems like a good reason for a CA one

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Also the dream where you send it off a ramp and just keep getting higher and higher and more nervous as you gain altitude.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Make the image and get an admin to upload it, then you can push the av changes to include the gang tag for whoever you want.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Excite bike wheelie with CA Dreaming

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I realised after taking these that the side stand was on the verge of falling off :italy:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Classy

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I realised after taking these that the side stand was on the verge of falling off :italy:

I like those.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Make it, I request it to get uploaded to the server and then edit avatars

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Oof is that an engine case kickstand Ducati?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yep, bolts were loose and it's a JDM import so who the gently caress knows what's been done to it, it's not a good runner and shows signs of exposure.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really wanted one of those for a while, even though the ginormous gap between the rear wheel and fender looks a bit goofy

I guess I'm a sucker for retrobikes with "modern" engineering, not that the late 90s/early 2000s is modern any more

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That was my dream bike for quite a while. I'm glad I never got the chance to test ride one. I'm pretty sure the ergos are heinous.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hey the engine is a rigid component, why not bolt things to it? The battery is bolted to it on mine.

Are those multiple Suzuki Savages I see behind it? Goondolences.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Make it, I request it to get uploaded to the server and then edit avatars

Ok, I don’t touch computers good but I’ll try to get a thing made if a few people want one.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hell yeah my first 99% rocker

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

That was my dream bike for quite a while. I'm glad I never got the chance to test ride one. I'm pretty sure the ergos are heinous.

Nah, they're very relaxed. More relaxed than a monster, less than a scrambler.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Are those multiple Suzuki Savages I see behind it? Goondolences.

Two savages and a vrod :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
For lack of better words, is there a website like bikeexif for the types of bikes bikeexif doesn't cover?