Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s some more information, apparently the show deals with the multiverse in some way:

https://www.wildbrain.com/newsreleases/sonic-the-hedgehog-speeds-over-to-netflix-in-the-all-new-animated-series-sonic-prime/

That sounds terrible honestly but they could potentially surprise us (I’m not holding my breath though).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Amppelix posted:

I'm entirely unsure what you could mean by that. Since when have cutscenes started not being as long as they need to be?

Sonic 06 mainly. Same problem as Kingdom Hearts where characters leave massive pauses before replying and the music and sound effects are just missing.

There’s a cutscene where Silver returns to the present and he complains about the noise the crowd are making. Not only is there no crowd, there’s not even any noise.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

Sonic 06 mainly. Same problem as Kingdom Hearts where characters leave massive pauses before replying and the music and sound effects are just missing.

There’s a cutscene where Silver returns to the present and he complains about the noise the crowd are making. Not only is there no crowd, there’s not even any noise.

06 also had a scene where an actor flubs his lines and they left it in (they also sometimes alternate between calling the thing Mephiles was trapped in the Scepter of Darkness and the Book of Darkness).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Larryb posted:

Here’s some more information, apparently the show deals with the multiverse in some way:

https://www.wildbrain.com/newsreleases/sonic-the-hedgehog-speeds-over-to-netflix-in-the-all-new-animated-series-sonic-prime/

Oh great, they think they're making Spider-verse.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Amppelix posted:

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1356240896870797315
knowing literally nothing about this except this logo it already doesn't look promising

Center the word prime you loving SAVAGES

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Macaluso posted:

Center the word prime you loving SAVAGES

It's trying to escape.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Out of context screen grab from WildBrainStudio's Facebook page:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that’s me, going after people that think Sonic sucks

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Augus posted:

that’s me, going after people that think Sonic sucks

How did you escape Dreamworks and is Shrek as sexy IRL as he is in the movies?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

I have no idea what this is but I hate it

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

That sounds terrible honestly but they could potentially surprise us (I’m not holding my breath though).

Ugh it's gonna have more classic sonic and modern sonic poo poo isn't it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How buff will Knuckles be in this one?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

How buff will Knuckles be in this one?

It's a multiverse, in one of them he will be comically weedy.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Will we see the Toilet Universe Sonic?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wish I had the power of will to sit through the Megaman cartoon to make a more concrete speculation of how this trashfire will go. What I do know of Megaman Fully Charged from watching like ten minutes of an episode, some clips, and reading three issues of the comic that was made after it was clear they were never going to get another season:
Low energy and very mild hijinks. Love to mess around with the lore like having Wily be Megaman's age (his dad is more Dr Light's peer or something) or New Original Character who is just like megaman and is later revealed to be an earlier model: Namagem. Turns out Megaman starts having PTSD flashbacks as he remembers how he used to be a war machine used solely for the subjugation of robotkind and Dr Light committed many atrocities in the name of mankind against robots.

I don't where this is going. Down to the logo I'm rolling my eyes. SONIC all cracked and breaking, called PRIME and talking about multiverse. The blurb about saving the universe and self-discovery and redemption soon followed by ages 6-11. I think it'll on large strokes be another Megaman Fully Charged where a dumb edgy expanded story is planned but doesn't make it to the air because the week to week episodes are weak AF.

I'm usually pretty willing to give cartoons a chance. Sonic Boom was pretty great once it found it footing, and even before that it just had an issue with forcing itself to be an action cartoon for every third act. But this is raising all sorts of red flags. And the talk of multiverse stuff really cements that it's tying directly to the games for bad reasons.

1000% sure there will be a scene where this Sonic looks at a statue of Classic Sonic and goes "How can I live up to your legacy?"

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Blue Knuckles / Wechidna timeline please.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the whole thing about redemption doesn’t really sound like Sonic to me (redemption for what exactly?)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also the whole thing about redemption doesn’t really sound like Sonic to me (redemption for what exactly?)

I'm sorry, i wasn't fast enough

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Larryb posted:

I wanna joke about it, but I'm sure the actual thing he needs to redeem will be even stupider. Probably ran too fast and ruined a thing. Maybe killed a whole universe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That loving Sned posted:

I know the story in Heroes was an afterthought, with the writer having to come up with something for each team to do after everything else in the game was decided on, but it’s still really bad. The characters were all simplified and had nothing interesting to say to each other despite talking constantly during gameplay.

Something I appreciate about early video game cutscenes is how they were as long as they needed to be and not a second more. SA2 and the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games were like this. Sure they could end pretty abruptly, but they’re so fast paced I don’t mind sitting through them again on replays.

Team Rose and Team Sonic were pretty awful and all of the characters involve just. Had everything stripped out. Sonic reacting to Shadow being alive like "lol how 'bout that" is one of the worst cutscenes in the series. It was the beginning of Tails losing all of his development from the Adventure games and the Master Emerald never being acknowledged again.

Team Dark was okay. Rouge actually showed some real emotion, like, she actually seemed to give a poo poo about Shadow, which was interesting development for her. Omega was single-minded, but he was designed that way and he also indicated he actually cared a little about Rouge and Shadow at the end. Shadow's amnesia plotline was....fine? As a set-up to ShTH even if that game sucked out loud.

I still want a Team Dark game with actual decent writing, those three characters have the most interesting dynamic in the series.

Team Chaotix came in with no baggage from the Adventure games, so they were pretty fun. They just bounced off each other and told a little detective story with a really funny payoff. Also, Vector had the best line in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRB1PjndI8

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
maybe... I'm not good enough to be his fake after all...

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sonic, wagging his finger through the tears after destroying another multiverse with his speed: "gotta go fast"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that carmen sandiego netflix cartoon the studio worked on (wait, there's a carmen sandiego netflix cartoon?) honestly doesn't look all that bad but it's 2D animation and not 3D so idk

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Augus posted:

that carmen sandiego netflix cartoon the studio worked on (wait, there's a carmen sandiego netflix cartoon?) honestly doesn't look all that bad but it's 2D animation and not 3D so idk

I’ve actually heard that one’s not too bad though I’ve never watched it personally.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Multiverse huh? I wonder if Tails is gonna get involved.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Previously on my fears about where this is going;

Fedule posted:

[...]

There's all kinds of places they could go from here but all of them would require them to choose something and then stick with it for a couple years, and, worse, would require them to iterate on it over a couple titles instead of jumping about between styles and design approaches like it seems they have been, like, I don't care if you pick Unleashed or Colours or Lost World or Generations as your template just pick one and make three more. Anyway I eagerly await Sonic's pivot to open world.

With another Important Anniversary approaching fast, the time is once again right for management to tell the team to just freeze whatever they were experimenting on, slap some content in to pad it out, and market it as a fresh new start for the franchise

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Fedule posted:

Previously on my fears about where this is going;

With another Important Anniversary approaching fast, the time is once again right for management to tell the team to just freeze whatever they were experimenting on, slap some content in to pad it out, and market it as a fresh new start for the franchise

finally...BACK to Sonic's roots!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i want to post something but idk what and im too busy at work to thinj of anything so im just going to say that Team Dark pwns

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

sharrrk posted:

Team Dark pwns

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

sharrrk posted:

Team Dark pwns

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I would like my forces OC to be the main character of the cartoon she a teal rabbit with Heterochromia who exclusively uses warcrime guns tia

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Apparently this picture has nothing to do with the new cartoon, it’s from another show called Power Players:

https://facebook.com/ManOfActionEnt/photos/a.344272815614503/2966362810072144/?type=3

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

That article posted:

Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption.

Huh.... Huuuuuh..... Maybe, maybe he finds out he likes other kinds of hotdog topping?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Larryb posted:

Apparently this picture has nothing to do with the new cartoon, it’s from another show called Power Players:

https://facebook.com/ManOfActionEnt/photos/a.344272815614503/2966362810072144/?type=3

i honestly thought it was a parody of all those CLASH BATTLE phone games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i want to post something but idk what and im too busy at work to thinj of anything so im just going to say that Team Dark pwns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhZDbhqnAWE

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sonic discoveries he likes something more than mere chili dogs, and is searching the multiverse for the best possible USDA Prime.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

At the moment I’m guessing it will work similar to Lost World (that is, Sonic winds up causing the problem in the first place and now has to fix it)..

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

:hmmyes:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
If that new show is doing multiverse shenanigans they'd better bring back Manic and Sonia for an episode. Their mother will be found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Harry Potter Obama dimension or it’s garbage