Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hackan Slash posted:

Who knew pressing 2 q's at least every encounter was good???

On this note the change they made with Ultimate Accelerator has made my pub teams actually willing to pick these loving things up and actually use them. It's made a marked difference.

ULTIACC TIER RANKINGS BECAUSE IT'S SATURDAY LET'S loving GOOOO:

S: Bloodhound
A: Bangalore / Caustic / Gibraltar / Horizon
B: Crypto
C: Lifeline / Rampart / Wraith
F: Loba / Mirage / Octane / Pathfinder
F-: Revenant / Wattson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

SKULL.GIF posted:

On this note the change they made with Ultimate Accelerator has made my pub teams actually willing to pick these loving things up and actually use them. It's made a marked difference.

Bloodhound has always been S tier. I have mained him since season 1. You hit the rage wallhacks mode and go apeshit.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

wattson underrated here imo. a) she can carry 2 per inventory slot, b) they 100% her no matter the pre-charge. you can poo poo out interceptors REAL FAST if you need to

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

relatedly, fuse is going to be absolutely busted with 2 IMPROVED grenades per slot, people were already dumping ammo/shields for throwables and he just says 'nah ye c&nt, more boom and then im on smoko'

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It doesn't matter if Fuse has a good tactical or ultimate, his passive is going to be so loving clutch. Being able to go into the final circle with double the number of grenades will be extremely powerful.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its not just double nades, the trailer indicates he gets improved bounce-prediction on throwables as well

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Tonight I found out that if you drive your trident off the edge of the map, your squad is ejected à la jump tower. Whether or not this is Good/Useful remains to be determined.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
that must be new because I definitely landed us in a hole near release and we all died immediately lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bottom Liner posted:

that must be new because I definitely landed us in a hole near release and we all died immediately lol

It's been in since day one, it just requires that no one tries to hop out

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

oh dope posted:

Tonight I found out that if you drive your trident off the edge of the map, your squad is ejected à la jump tower. Whether or not this is Good/Useful remains to be determined.

It can be very useful. There were a couple of times where I managed to use it to outrun a squad after both my teammates died and then snuck back over for their banners. It even works in most of the gaps in the inner parts of the map not just the outer edges.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

or just dont drive if its bad and drive good if you have to?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

oh dope posted:

I made a vid where it cuts off before the launch for comedic effect, but this was the case at least that far back.

edit: huh, guess it wasn't that long ago.

Dec 29th, 2020
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EachSourBaldeagle-mobile.mp4

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Zesty posted:

Dec 29th, 2020

That might as well have been from 20 years ago. gently caress we're not even into February yet

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Loosely related:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgedAlienatedCopperhead-mobile.mp4

Can't imagine what that could possibly be for other than that very specific situation.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Zesty posted:

I made a vid where it cuts off before the launch for comedic effect, but this was the case at least that far back.

Dec 29th, 2020
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EachSourBaldeagle-mobile.mp4

It was definitely a thing at the start of the Season. A few Youtube videos from people who got to play the map early showed it off.

https://youtu.be/xH4pvZ3lFe4?t=1250

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

No lie detected

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Live At Five! posted:

It doesn't matter if Fuse has a good tactical or ultimate, his passive is going to be so loving clutch. Being able to go into the final circle with double the number of grenades will be extremely powerful.

The only think I知 worried about with Fuse is the ultimate痴 radius compared to Wattson痴 ultimate. If it makes a ring around the ultimate after it痴 fired directly above it that would be sweet!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

fuse preview + new kings canyon gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-f2heewK_0

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Don't know how I feel about his tactical, I figured it would do the Gibraltar/Bangalore concussion effect from their ult, not do a ton of damage

Also, poor rampart lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Did I see they buffed octanes pad height in that video? The first bounce seemed a bit more powerful.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Did I see they buffed octanes pad height in that video? The first bounce seemed a bit more powerful.

Yeah, there used to be a bug where if you pressed jump right before hitting the jumppad, you'd go higher. They accidentally fixed it in season 7(?), people on reddit wondered why and after some talk with a dev it was decided to make it baseline in an upcoming season.

I think another change that was discussed is when you slide into a jumppad you go less high but further horizontally, we'll see in the patchnotes if that made it in too

Found it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/jpb4w3/were_the_team_who_brought_you_horizon_olympus_and/gbfs596/?context=3

Daztek fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 1, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Daztek posted:

Yeah, there used to be a bug where if you pressed jump right before hitting the jumppad, you'd go higher. They accidentally fixed it in season 7(?), people on reddit wondered why and after some talk with a dev it was decided to make it baseline in an upcoming season.

I think another change that was discussed is when you slide into a jumppad you go less high but further horizontally, we'll see in the patchnotes if that made it in too

Found it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/jpb4w3/were_the_team_who_brought_you_horizon_olympus_and/gbfs596/?context=3

Nice, thank you. He needed that buff after horizon joined. I wonder if coyote time is only for octane or everyone. Might save a life or two on Olympus.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Nice, thank you. He needed that buff after horizon joined. I wonder if coyote time is only for octane or everyone. Might save a life or two on Olympus.

I think that's a thing everyone has to make the movement feel better

In other news, you're now constantly reminded of just how bad you're doing during a match:

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
This seems like a nice thread to hang out in :) I played at launch a little, dropped it for awhile til last year when Loba released, and now I知 a Loba one-trick! Looking forward to the KC changes and new hero to never unlock!

I pretty much just play on my own cuz none of my friends play this, so I値l have to jump in the Discord to see if I can hang with y誕ll :unsmith: I知 admittedly not extremely good but not entirely brain dead either, just a little twitchy with my aiming lol

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Sai-kun posted:

This seems like a nice thread to hang out in :) I played at launch a little, dropped it for awhile til last year when Loba released, and now I知 a Loba one-trick! Looking forward to the KC changes and new hero to never unlock!

I pretty much just play on my own cuz none of my friends play this, so I値l have to jump in the Discord to see if I can hang with y誕ll :unsmith: I知 admittedly not extremely good but not entirely brain dead either, just a little twitchy with my aiming lol

The discord is chill and fun, you'll be in good company. Good spread of skill levels and from my experience everyone is welcoming.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

If the fuse ultimate comes down half way in the wattson ultimate does half the circle still survive on the ground?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Daztek posted:

Also, poor rampart lol

When I saw the damage numbers pop up from the knuckle clusters on the rampart walls I couldn't believe it. Really Respawn? :cripes: Maybe when we get the full patch notes for the season Rampart will get some buffs.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's a shame, because I really like her kit and i've been fairly inventive with its use, but in between it being buggy as hell, barely having any HP and being a pain in the rear end to set up who is really surprised that her pickrate is awful?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Especially since setting up (or taking down) anything takes so long. Why bother when you can keep being mobile and wipe a squad with a Devotion or Spitfire in the same time frame.

The walls are obsolete now that Fuse can instantly remove them - with indirect fire even. Just let her carry Sheila while moving at half speed.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

mcbexx posted:

Especially since setting up (or taking down) anything takes so long. Why bother when you can keep being mobile and wipe a squad with a Devotion or Spitfire in the same time frame.

The walls are obsolete now that Fuse can instantly remove them - with indirect fire even. Just let her carry Sheila while moving at half speed.

Sheila is now just a temporary 2nd barrel on any lmg she is carrying.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

I, for one, am really glad Respawn is going to shake up the meta with Fuse by bringing Rampart and Mirage down a few notches while boosting Wraith, Gibby, and Horizon to a viable state.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

https://youtu.be/aprRC9PNMNU

Battlepass!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I won a game yesterday with a Rampart on World's Edge. We were on third ring and I'd just scanned ring four, called out to take high ground near Sorting Factory and hold it. Two Sheilas and a Charge Rifle later no one could approach us without getting cracked/knocked.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like that Fuse skin.

Guessing patchnotes in 2 hours

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I lied, patchnotes now: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-8-patch-notes

Also a dev stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeeCa18YK9M

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Excited for thicc wraith

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder why the notes focused on her torso/legs when she has a pretty significant size change in her head hitbox. Looks like about 15% larger head hitbox size.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

No mention of switch port yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Was the Spitfire nerf really warranted?