Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/b9Lwgmg.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

mostlygray posted:

I'd agree as well. When you're really drunk, you get tippy but you don't lock up like you do on opiates. I've been that drunk at parties before back in college and you sway but you don't fall unless you're really far gone. You tend to lean on things. You still understand how bad you are, give yourself pep talks, try to stand straight, etc.

Heroin just makes you go out without warning. I've only known one person who OD'd on opiates in front of me. He was sitting at the table at a Perkins restaurant with us at 2AM. He had seemed totally fine, then his lips went blue and he went straight down. No warning. Just out and unresponsive. We were close to the hospital and they were able to bring him back fortunately.

He didn't have a consistent problem. He just did something really stupid. He never did it again..

Yeah this is why it's good to have naloxone kits at parties in a clearly visible place, and as many people as possible trained to administer them.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

That's a pretty drat cool model of a radial engine. I'm kinda amazed that it didn't explode violently being made of wood and all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dog nougat posted:

That's a pretty drat cool model of a radial engine. I'm kinda amazed that it didn't explode violently being made of wood and all.

I was worried it would get unbalanced and fly out of control

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Wouldn't surprise me if that's the Mark VII version of the model for precisely the above mentioned reasons.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Is that powered by him jacking off behind it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah this is why it's good to have naloxone kits at parties in a clearly visible place, and as many people as possible trained to administer them.

You can just get naloxone to have out?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bum the Sad posted:

He’s holding a cordless drill, if you know what I mean.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Bum the Sad posted:

No, it's not a wankel engine.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We all know there's a fleshlight mounted on the back of that thing

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Arban posted:

Mind explaining the details to an ignorant scadinavian?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/22/great-lakes-tacticals-glock-giggle-switch/

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

depending on which country, state and what programs are available to your area, yea!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Bum the Sad posted:

No, it's to jack off 9 dudes at once during a gangbang and then doubles as a ceiling spray painter

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

sinky posted:

No, it's not a wankel engine.

I appreciate this.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

The guy who wrote that is a proponent of “gun proliferation zones”. WTF? In what area other than a battlefield would someone want random idiots to bring a bunch of guns?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Domus posted:

The guy who wrote that is a proponent of “gun proliferation zones”. WTF? In what area other than a battlefield would someone want random idiots to bring a bunch of guns?

:911:

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Last week I was at an interior up-fit that my company is doing on the 10th floor of a new building. I noticed across the way that a contractor had set up this contraption on the terrace of the un-opened hotel next door. For reference, the terrace is on the 8th or 9th floor. It has a 5' glass barrier/guardrail around the perimeter of it.

Zoomed in on the contraption.

It might be hard to see but that's just a regular scaffold sitting there unsecured to the terrace deck. Placed on top of it are 2 aluminum beams joined by a sleeve. The two beams are held on to the scaffold via some ratchet straps. The beam has several counterweights on the back side of it. And why would it need counterweights? Because of the bosun's chair that is hanging from side closest to us.

Thankfully, dude in the bosun's chair is independently tied off from the chair and beam contraption.

I can't say I've ever seen this done before. In my mind the better solution to fixing the trim on that window is probably using either a swing stage scaffold or a boom lift on the ground. But I guess these guys get points for creativity. Also pictured: not barricading the area underneath them where they could easily drop tools and materials.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's a relatively recent change, but yeah its pretty easy to get now. Harm-control measure.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It's not over the counter, but pharmacies will give it to you without a prescription. I should probably get around to that.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Domus posted:

I assume that he means "turn the whole U.S. into a free-for-all of unlimited gun sales"

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Yep. At least in Canada, but as others have said, likely in a lot of parts of the US.

They came in a pretty standard form factor, and have a clip so you can easily hang them somewhere visible. I know a lot of people who also carry them around at parties clipped to their belt.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bum the Sad posted:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I prefer narcan

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy with his stupid sad face and his terrible way of talking just oozes redditor/Elon Musk fan and I hate him.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qntn6vVqYC1s1ddrj.mp4

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

titty_baby_ posted:

I prefer narcan

Big pharma shill spotted.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

titty_baby_ posted:

I prefer narcan

It's only narcan if it comes from the narca region of France, otherwise it's just sparkling naloxone.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

iroc.dis posted:

Last week I was at an interior up-fit that my company is doing on the 10th floor of a new building. I noticed across the way that a contractor had set up this contraption on the terrace of the un-opened hotel next door. For reference, the terrace is on the 8th or 9th floor. It has a 5' glass barrier/guardrail around the perimeter of it.

Zoomed in on the contraption.

It might be hard to see but that's just a regular scaffold sitting there unsecured to the terrace deck. Placed on top of it are 2 aluminum beams joined by a sleeve. The two beams are held on to the scaffold via some ratchet straps. The beam has several counterweights on the back side of it. And why would it need counterweights? Because of the bosun's chair that is hanging from side closest to us.

Thankfully, dude in the bosun's chair is independently tied off from the chair and beam contraption.

I can't say I've ever seen this done before. In my mind the better solution to fixing the trim on that window is probably using either a swing stage scaffold or a boom lift on the ground. But I guess these guys get points for creativity. Also pictured: not barricading the area underneath them where they could easily drop tools and materials.

This doesn't seem unusual, maybe I'm missing it? We used to set up pretty much identical rigs to suspend swing stages when painting murals around NYC. The only iffy thing is the dudes safety line running over the edge of the glass, which would lead to some dramatic shattering if he did slip off his chair, but that probably can't be helped.

I had a boss who wanted to rush with painting over an old ad. Scaffold was a block and tackle system and we just needed to drop down, coat some white, and pull it back up the 5 story building. 10 minutes tops. To save time he had us just throw our safety lines over the parapet without tying them off. I was an idiot for going along with that one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ekuNNN posted:

This guy with his stupid sad face and his terrible way of talking just oozes redditor/Elon Musk fan and I hate him.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qntn6vVqYC1s1ddrj.mp4

Walking on the same side of the street was old timey grindr

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

eggyolk posted:

The only iffy thing is the dudes safety line running over the edge of the glass, which would lead to some dramatic shattering if he did slip off his chair, but that probably can't be helped.

If the glass breaks, couldn't that cut through the line? Or are safety lines tough enough that glass won't cut them like that?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Alien Arcana posted:

If the glass breaks, couldn't that cut through the line? Or are safety lines tough enough that glass won't cut them like that?

It ought to be safety glass that won’t break into dangerous shards.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

eggyolk posted:

This doesn't seem unusual, maybe I'm missing it? We used to set up pretty much identical rigs to suspend swing stages when painting murals around NYC. The only iffy thing is the dudes safety line running over the edge of the glass, which would lead to some dramatic shattering if he did slip off his chair, but that probably can't be helped.

Ah that's good to hear. I kinda figured these guys knew what they were doing. The whole thing had to have been moved up there by hand, and it was obviously designed for that task. The way the counterweights slid right on to the beam, the winch they used to raise and lower the seat. It just...looked sketchy. Probably just my dislike of heights coming out.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Proteus Jones posted:

And all of them will *still* fall into a dimensional portal before a month has passed.

It's astronomically improbable, but if all the atoms and EM fields line up in the just the right way, it is just possible for a thing to fall through the floor.

If you observe the fall, it gets more complicated.

But anyway, that's why you lost your drill bit. It's not hiding under the toaster oven.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I screamed when be dove UNDER the moving trailer

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I screamed when be dove UNDER the moving trailer

It is always amazing when our dumb monkey brain tells someone to just grab onto the thousands of pounds of rolling metal. Just snatch it bro, you got this.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Domus posted:

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is other bad guys negligently discharging their altered firearms in random directions.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have considered that maybe gun control legislation should mandate minimum magazine capacity. Force everyone to use 60-round drum mags so that any mass-shooting events will be interrupted by swearing as the attacker attempts to unjam their gun

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yep. At least in Canada, but as others have said, likely in a lot of parts of the US.

They came in a pretty standard form factor, and have a clip so you can easily hang them somewhere visible. I know a lot of people who also carry them around at parties clipped to their belt.

I feel like I should point out that you can also get naloxone nasal spray kits which are going to be a lot easier and less intimidating to use than injection kits. I know we have them here in the states, and this chart is from Canada:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I feel like I should point out that you can also get naloxone nasal spray kits which are going to be a lot easier and less intimidating to use than injection kits.

Do they work on people who aren't breathing?

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

It says right there in the image that it does. Also you need to get them medical care after using it. Apparently it is cleared from the body faster than the opioids. There have been cases where people have been given it. Felt they were OK and walked off only to collapse about half an hour or so later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Do they work on people who aren't breathing?

I think the naloxone is absorbed through the mucus membranes in the nose, hence the spraying action. As long as the heart is pumping the naloxone should make it to where it needs to.

E:f,b