Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

If that new show is doing multiverse shenanigans they'd better bring back Manic and Sonia for an episode. Their mother will be found

I just got that song out of my head, you monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Detective No. 27 posted:

Knowing what Man of Action did to Mega Man, I'm not optimistic.

Mega Man Fully Charged was perfectly decent

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I won't lie, I actually saw way more of Sonic Underground then SatAM because there was extended period where it was on sci fi channel or something at 6:30 am so I could watch it and half an episode of the Jumanji animated series before I had to get on the school bus.

I know Knuckles was in there somewhere for a hot minute, but I spent that whole show wondering when Tails was gonna show up. I suppose in retrospect Sonic didn't need a surrogate kid bother when he already had the other two.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caidin posted:

I won't lie, I actually saw way more of Sonic Underground then SatAM because there was extended period where it was on sci fi channel or something at 6:30 am so I could watch it and half an episode of the Jumanji animated series before I had to get on the school bus.

I know Knuckles was in there somewhere for a hot minute, but I spent that whole show wondering when Tails was gonna show up. I suppose in retrospect Sonic didn't need a surrogate kid bother when he already had the other two.

Knuckles made at least two appearances to my knowledge and it was also the first and only time he appeared in a western Sonic cartoon until Boom.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the final 5? 8? episodes are knuckles-centric and also feature his weird future hologram family that goes nowhere and then they didnt get a new contract

the final act of sonic underground is easily the most half-done in a series full of half-done ideas

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Malleum posted:

the final 5? 8? episodes are knuckles-centric and also feature his weird future hologram family that goes nowhere and then they didnt get a new contract

the final act of sonic underground is easily the most half-done in a series full of half-done ideas

Though apparently unlike SatAM, Ben Hurst has gone on record as saying that Underground was ALWAYS meant to be as short as it was (which if true makes it even weirder that they didn’t give the show a proper ending)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Underground

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Sonic Multiverse huh?

I expect nothing but the best

god PLEASE let us see the triumphant return of titan tails

i imagine everyone here has already seen these but

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Lol, I'm sure this bodes well for the series: https://twitter.com/itsamike/status/1356254087793299456

:yum:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well to be fair, there’s nothing there that explicitly says he ISN’T voicing Eggman in the new series but we’ll see I guess.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-WwL2FzjV4

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Procrastine posted:

Sonic Multiverse huh?

I expect nothing but the best

god PLEASE let us see the triumphant return of titan tails

i imagine everyone here has already seen these but

tag yourself im wizard sonic

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I love that tiny Astronaut sonic

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Mike is going to announce he is going to play live action Eggman and he will have a tasteful full-frontal nude scene. That's right, like two beach balls and a bong.

And yes, his pubic hair is styled EXACTLY like his moustache.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i love the expression on deep sea diver Sonic

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Maybe he's not the only actor playing Eggman in the series. :tinfoil: I know Long John Baldry is dead, but if they can get a suitable soundalike, I will forgive the series literally anything.

E: I like Beatles Sonic, who is inexplicably holding a violin.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Maybe he's not the only actor playing Eggman in the series. :tinfoil: I know Long John Baldry is dead, but if they can get a suitable soundalike, I will forgive the series literally anything.

What the hell, bring Jim Cummings and Gary Chalk back while we’re at it (maybe the guy that voiced him in the dub of the OVA as well assuming he’s still alive/working).

Also Boxer Sonic is either drunk or took one too many blows to the head.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 2, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

im clown tails

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It would simultaneously be the greatest thing to have back Cummings and the biggest shame that Bristow and Baldry are gone. Y'know, besides the fact that it's a tragedy that they both died unexpectedly before their time.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm not sure it bodes anything. He just loves trolling his Twitter followers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Larryb posted:

What the hell, bring Jim Cummings and Gary Chalk back while we’re at it (maybe the guy that voiced him in the dub of the OVA as well assuming he’s still alive/working).

Also Boxer Sonic is either drunk or took one too many blows to the head.

Cummings assaults his wife, gently caress that guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Screaming Idiot posted:

Say what now

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dabir posted:

im clown tails
i’m Sonic Five-Aces

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MJeff posted:

Say what now

I won't go into specifics, but there are credible allegations that Jim Cummings regularly abused and assaulted his wife. He has also been accused of mistreating his dog, though that's obviously not as significant.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I remember hearing that was explained as consensual BDSM roleplay, if that's something you want to associate with the voice of Winny the Pooh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Caidin posted:

I remember hearing that was explained as consensual BDSM roleplay, if that's something you want to associate with the voice of Winny the Pooh.

Only every day of my life.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Only every day of my life.

Silly old leather bear...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Screaming Idiot posted:

Screaming Idiot posted:

I won't go into specifics, but there are credible allegations that Jim Cummings regularly abused and assaulted his wife. He has also been accused of mistreating his dog, though that's obviously not as significant.
Guess you did not search more into this. (I did back when it was first brought up back in 2019) Cummings was cleared. It was him and his ex wife accusing each other of things during a bitter custody battle. (And both of them getting restraining orders against each other.) Investigations were made and it decided that Cummings should have primary custody. Multiple Child Protection Agencies have at this point dismissed the allegations.

The Dog thing was specific story that Cummings was able to verify. Namely on advice from their vet for them to discipline the puppy by putting him in a time out area when he misbehaved. At one point when doing this and placing the puppy in a tub, he forgot to get the dog after a while until he was reminded about it.

Should also note that most of this was pretty much only reported via tabloid stuff.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 2, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
When a wife accuses her husband of marital rape, and said husband is one of, if not the most famous and beloved voice actors of all time with ties to Disney, I tend to be wary. Especially since Cummings has also been accused of groping and making inappropriate comments to fans at conventions, with many of those fans being underage.

Maybe he's innocent, but I've read too much to let him off the hook so easily.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A quick perusal of wikipedia says the court awarded Jim primary custody but decided that neither of them were exactly prizes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

uh he’s just saying that he can’t wait to be able to talk about the show isn’t he? am I missing something here

also if Mike is returning he will have voiced Eggman alongside three generations of Sonic voice actors. Sega really likes him.

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 2, 2021

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah if he wasn’t voicing the character anymore then I doubt he’d have an NDA about a series he isn’t in.

...Unless he’s doing a few cameos and passing the torch :tinfoil:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's the new voice of Sonic.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Also the whole thing about redemption doesn’t really sound like Sonic to me (redemption for what exactly?)

For this

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
They're going back to the Kintobor origin but making it so that Sonic accidentally causes the accident that turns him into Eggman

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Homora Gaykemi posted:

They're going back to the Kintobor origin but making it so that Sonic accidentally causes the accident that turns him into Eggman

At least two Sonic adaptations have done this already (the UK comics and Sonic in the Fourth Dimension). In both cases Robotnik is removed from the timeline but his absence allows an even worse villain to take over Mobius.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Redemption for accidentally smacking a chao egg open.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It really will tie into Underground and there will be a fairly terrible song every episode, a crime unrelenting.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks like Colleen won’t be voicing Tails anymore either (in the new cartoon at least):

https://twitter.com/VOColleen/status/1356440181226631168

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

In an act of megalomania, secret Sonic superfan Jim Carrey will be forcibly taking over the voice role of all Sonic characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Pants Donkey posted:

In an act of megalomania, secret Sonic superfan Jim Carrey will be forcibly taking over the voice role of all Sonic characters.

Sonic will now be drawn as a Tex Avery wolf