Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

It feels like New Vegas is the plot of what would have been Fallout 4 had Van Buren been released, since assuming an NCR victory the endgame of Van Buren is the NCR consolidating their hold on the dam while the Legion is an up and coming faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It's hard to take how a Fallout 4 would have worked out after Van Buren given the changes in direction that happened between when Avellone was lead and Sawyer was lead and the troubles at Interplay. It's kinda difficult to untangle all of that in a thought experiment, after all the reason Avellone left was because Interplay was in trouble, and under his lead Caesar's Legion was a completely different faction (depending on your point of view, that might have been good actually).

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The end of Lonesome Road was adapted from a Van Buren thing as well, I think. In the endgame an automated system was going to launch some nukes and couldn't be stopped, all you could do would be to choose one or two locations that you'd visited to get wiped out

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't know if I can embed YouTube discussions from my phone app but apparently tks mantis has been getting continued harassment from xilandro over his criticism of The Frontier.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Having watched a good 12 hours of someone attempting to play this gd mod, it taking a bullet to the head is a loving mercy

Burns
May 10, 2008

I will likely have to replay lonesome road but i remember not liking the whole nuke aspect of it. Seems antithetical to the setting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't know if I can embed YouTube discussions from my phone app but apparently tks mantis has been getting continued harassment from xilandro over his criticism of The Frontier.

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhCHVhXhIhk

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Magmarashi posted:

Having watched a good 12 hours of someone attempting to play this gd mod, it taking a bullet to the head is a loving mercy

It's back on the Nexus.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No not his video. On TKs Mantis's youtube community page he's posted some images of a Twitter fight where Xilandro is being hostile to him but I can't share community pages from mobile.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

The amount of times in this loving thing that you do something, and the game acknowledges you did it, and NPCs acknowledge you did it, and then it turns around and acts like YOU DIDN'T is astounding.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwP_kuJUNc

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

No not his video. On TKs Mantis's youtube community page he's posted some images of a Twitter fight where Xilandro is being hostile to him but I can't share community pages from mobile.

It sounds like a spat between his Discord community and the Frontier one, to be honest. I checked it on Twitter, and while it's overall quite childish, the Frontier modder has a point in that TkMantis accused them of some specific things but then never provided screenshots.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Was TKSMantis that guy who voiced a character in the Frontier but got canned from the project due to illness throwing off his voice and them wanting to meet their imposed deadlines, then made a video complaining about that fact while trying to vengefully stir poo poo about it before it came out?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ironslave posted:

Was TKSMantis that guy who voiced a character in the Frontier but got canned from the project due to illness throwing off his voice and them wanting to meet their imposed deadlines, then made a video complaining about that fact while trying to vengefully stir poo poo about it before it came out?

I feel like anyone involved with this project will already have it following them around like an albatross if they want an industry job, no need to stir more poo poo.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Ironslave posted:

yyyeeeeeeep

it's like a multi-headed drama hydra, everywhere you look it's something new (and dumb) ((and you can probably gently caress it))

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwPX0jNxoSgfxjTTUp4AaABCQ

e;

Ironslave posted:

"Vengefully stir poo poo" like calling out the gross and laughable stuff in the mod, it would seem.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 1, 2021

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

MariusLecter posted:

"Vengefully stir poo poo" like calling out the gross and laughable stuff in the mod, it would seem.

Mostly he just complained about the sex lizards sans context (since it was the only possibly-lovely thing he knew about explicitly, as far as I'm aware) after whinging for a long time about eventually being replaced. That the Frontier turned out to be terrible in most of the ways that counted doesn't somehow make it less vindictive or less an attempt at defamation considering nobody--including him--was aware of the extent of how atrocious the thing was.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do like how several modders who contributed to the mod are jumping ship because they weren't aware of the crazy.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ironslave posted:

sex lizards sans context

wasn't that Big Boss's group

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Schwarzwald posted:

wasn't that Big Boss's group

given everything else in the mod-

Arcsquad12 posted:

I do like how several modders who contributed to the mod are jumping ship because they weren't aware of the crazy.

It's wild the complete lack of cohesion between anyone in the mod. I'm less surprised parts turned out bad--since every piece is going into it is going to be generally be developed by a different person or group--but the degree to which they all turned out bad and the lack of actual exchange or even the most minor bit of coordination between teams and individuals.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ironslave posted:

given everything else in the mod-

It's wild the complete lack of cohesion between anyone in the mod. I'm less surprised parts turned out bad--since every piece is going into it is going to be generally be developed by a different person or group--but the degree to which they all turned out bad and the lack of actual exchange or even the most minor bit of coordination between teams and individuals.

Hasn't this been in development for an absolutely silly amount of years? I think most people are motivated by contributing to a big project for a cult game, not the idea that they're working on Courier Kane.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ironslave posted:

Mostly he just complained about the sex lizards sans context (since it was the only possibly-lovely thing he knew about explicitly, as far as I'm aware) after whinging for a long time about eventually being replaced. That the Frontier turned out to be terrible in most of the ways that counted doesn't somehow make it less vindictive or less an attempt at defamation considering nobody--including him--was aware of the extent of how atrocious the thing was.

Attempt at defamation? lmao come the gently caress on.

e;
Frontier devs keep trying to find scapegoats and it's pathetic. Oh no some whiney youtuber ruined our mod!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 1, 2021

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Hasn't this been in development for an absolutely silly amount of years? I think most people are motivated by contributing to a big project for a cult game, not the idea that they're working on Courier Kane.

It has been, and that's part of why it's so crazy. The idea that over all that time barely anyone actually coordinated with each other is absurd, but somehow is exactly what happened. I would expect some parts to gel together but no part actually does. And what's even more surprising is that over this entire period no tell-alls leaked about how awful people were at working together. I've been following this since 2014 and their self-promoting was somehow the most solid part of them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59HJqB6kcE

Lol, the big New Vegas mods are becoming the prequel trilogy and the sequel trilogy in how they are bad.

New California is bad but it's also a singular vision by one guy who knew what story he wanted to tell. The George Lucas Approach.

The Frontier is a cobbled together mess from multiple takes and rewrites that doesn't mesh well at all and by the end you've got a Rise of Skywalker degree of bad ideas and incoherent storytelling. The Disney Approach.

And now you've got people pointing at one another to shout which mod is worse.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

lol, if the Enclave had a giant gently caress off orbital laser space station this whole time, why was blowing up the oil rig such a big deal?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

lol, if the Enclave had a giant gently caress off orbital laser space station this whole time, why was blowing up the oil rig such a big deal?