Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Maybe Goff has actually been held back by Sean McVay’s cookiecutter offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Kyle Shanahan likes Cousins from his time in Washington.

Do it. Trade Kirk and then use those picks to grab Deshaun.

Why would the Niners use the picks they get from the Vikings for taking over Cousins contract only to turn around and trade for Deshaun?

I don’t get it.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BGrifter posted:

Why would the Niners use the picks they get from the Vikings for taking over Cousins contract only to turn around and trade for Deshaun?

I don’t get it.

Slick Rick is gonna get a 1st and every pick in the 7th round for Cousins

Book it.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Rick Dealman is gonna do it again. Lose the fundie Cousins in exchange for a few picks and the handsome playboy Garoppolo, who will surely take to the beautiful women of the great white north

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nah posted:

Maybe Goff has actually been held back by Sean McVay’s cookiecutter offense

We actually saw Goff for a year or two before McVay and it was way worse.

Goff hit his ceiling under McVay, no one’s going to get more out of him and many will get way less.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Dan Campbell feeding Goff pre-snap reads about nothing but defenders' kneecaps, leading to the worst statistical season of his career

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Kyle Shanahan likes Cousins from his time in Washington.

Do it. Trade Kirk and then use those picks to grab Deshaun.

Then hire Bienamy to be OC with the understanding he will be the HC when Zimmer has a heart attack from another year of the defense giving up a million points.

Hell yea.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Dan Campbell feeding Goff pre-snap reads about nothing but defenders' kneecaps, leading to the worst statistical season of his career

A look at the future pre game meetings against the Lions.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Haha I saw Cousins was trending and wondered why but looking into it the "source" is some guy I've never heard of who's been on ESPN a few times. Seems like nothing.

Then again Kirk's stats look really good to anyone who's never seen the Vikings play so maybe they can unload him somewhere.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Goff is all in baby
https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/1356346378826493952

It's fake

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Slick Rick is gonna get a 1st and every pick in the 7th round for Cousins

Book it.

If you're right, we'll see the NFL adopt some version of the Ted Stepien Rule in 2022.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i wonder how many 4th-round picks we could get for rodgers

2? 3??

working on a theory that 4th rounders are the secret most valuable commodity in football

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I wonder what the upper limit of a trade the NFL would approve is?

I vaguely know you can’t just call up the Chiefs and offer a decade of 1sts for Patrick Mahomes, but I’m not sure where the line is. You could Ditka four years of your own draft picks I suppose. But with trading for picks involved I don’t think that’s the ceiling?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
NFL QBs are the new GME. Get in before it gets locked down.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
so is this the worst bears qb situation of all time if you look at who's on the roster, at what cap hit, and what draft capital they have?

leading into glennon+trubes there was hope to either get a big name FA or draft a good qb. going into '04 they at least had rex on the roster, albeit hurt.

i had way higher hopes for kordell stewart+chris chandler than i do for whatever they throw out there in '21

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It could be a good situation if the Bears suck so bad they get a high draft pick next year while Pace (and Nagy, whatever) get fired. I mean, there’s nothing to say they’ll hire and draft the right people, but it’s something since they have 1st rounders again.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mastershakeman posted:

so is this the worst bears qb situation of all time if you look at who's on the roster, at what cap hit, and what draft capital they have?

It would be really hard to top Cade McNown

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It would be really hard to top Cade McNown

i forgot he was on the bears that 2nd year, so yeah i suppose you're right with that. time is a flat circle with this franchise

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm ready to talk myself into moses moreno

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
if nick foles was as good as jim miller or shane matthews i'd be hyped

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who is the questionable quarterback who is not very good that you are pinning your hopes on? Me, I'm a Minshew man. My dad, on the other hand, thinks the Bears should look into Ryan Fitzpatrick Very Strongly.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Andy Dalton's hair would blend in perfectly with the Bears' color scheme.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Minshew and fitzpatrick have never played green bay , Dalton is 1-1

Is there any qb in the league with a winning record vs them that's available

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mastershakeman posted:

Minshew and fitzpatrick have never played green bay , Dalton is 1-1

Is there any qb in the league with a winning record vs them that's available

You’re in luck! I’m pretty sure this guy is available and he has a monstrous 5-2 record against the Green Bay Packers.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BGrifter posted:

You’re in luck! I’m pretty sure this guy is available and he has a monstrous 5-2 record against the Green Bay Packers.

I can't believe this man cost the Packers 16-0 AND a 1 seed in 2014

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Pops Mgee posted:

I can't believe this man cost the Packers 16-0 AND a 1 seed in 2014

2011. Still can't believe we lost that one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
What really blew my mind while searching who had wins against GB in recent memory was that somehow Kaepernick is only 2-1.

I feel way too traumatized by a guy who only beat us twice. Kaepernick haunts me.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The bears could have had Kaepernick for peanuts this entire time.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Hizawk posted:

The bears could have had Kaepernick for peanuts this entire time.

Listening to Bears fan radio would of been worth the signing alone

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

BGrifter posted:

What really blew my mind while searching who had wins against GB in recent memory was that somehow Kaepernick is only 2-1.

I feel way too traumatized by a guy who only beat us twice. Kaepernick haunts me.

Kaep is at least 3-1 against Green Bay. 2 playoff wins and he beat us opening day in 2013. We only got our win during the Jim Tomsula year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I remember hearing how the second time around would be totally different because it'd be in Lambeau and Kapernick wouldn't be able to play in the cold.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bears should consider bringing back Kordell Stewart.

Sure, he’s 48 but Brady is 43 and is playing in the Super Bowl this weekend!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

MJeff posted:

I remember hearing how the second time around would be totally different because it'd be in Lambeau and Kapernick wouldn't be able to play in the cold.

At the very least that game was closer and wasn't the complete blowout that the previous year was.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I still kinda can't believe that first 49ers team didn't win the Super Bowl.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Pops Mgee posted:

Kaep is at least 3-1 against Green Bay. 2 playoff wins and he beat us opening day in 2013. We only got our win during the Jim Tomsula year.

Ahh yeah looks like 3-1 is correct. Turns out this random site called StatMuse is incorrect. I will have to write them a sternly worded letter.

I still have nightmares about Kaepernick. :ohdear:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I wanted Kaep so bad during the Brett Hundley season. Instead we got Fat Mike flipping his poo poo on that reporter to let him know how good his qb room was.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think Detroit's coach is a traitor to Wisky.
Everyone knows these are the only kneecaps anyone should be biting.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Now I know why Kirk's never been to the super bowl

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kirk-cousins-super-bowl-human-trafficking/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=110446253

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Those fundamentalist anti-trafficking orgs are a grift at best and actively harmful at worst. My wife used to work for the executive branch in a conservative state that gave those kinds of orgs all kinds of money. They mostly just meet with cops to give them pep talks about the evils of sex work, relatively little of which involves trafficking, and speak at churches where they can solicit donations and make sexually active teens, especially queer ones, feel terrible about themselves. They don't do anything besides encouraging the police to arrest runaway teens.

E: I made this stupid meme for her before she found another job, when she found out the state was just going to arrest presumed "victims" of trafficking in every case:

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

lol even in that article it says that his charity work has been to get people to sign anti-human trafficking petitions