Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm sure we can work on whatever problems solving this famine brings - after we solve it. It seems we're fairly united on this one, outliers aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

High Scholar

For what its worth, I do believe that House Gambol is the one who deserves to have their voice be heard the most. Let us remember that, while it may be well in the past, Solad lands were once part of Mhuir. Beyond that, I will continue to listen to the sides of this debate... Though House Daucus has its priorities to help the people, of course...

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Senator

Surely we aren't considering letting our people starve? Not that I trust these foreigners, but letting our people suffer can't be the preferable option, can it?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Sitting Councilmember

The people of Mhuir serve the Mother as we do; I see no particular reason to doubt their intentions in this matter. Thus, I lean towards Aye as the correct choice. That said, it seems there are other houses who hold this matter dear to their hearts, so I currently intend to defer (barring a deal of some sort from our noble treasurer).

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

megane posted:

Sitting Councilmember

The people of Mhuir serve the Mother as we do;

High Scholar
But they claim to be more "culturally advanced" than us. Perhaps their practices have changed, or The Mother has loosened her influence on the country.

Perhaps they have become, Mother forbid, Protestant Mother Worshippers!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

eliasswift posted:

High Scholar
But they claim to be more "culturally advanced" than us. Perhaps their practices have changed, or The Mother has loosened her influence on the country.

Perhaps they have become, Mother forbid, Protestant Mother Worshippers!

Treasurer

House Daucus not being interested in potential "culturally advanced" knowledge? I never thought I'd see the day! Besides, those are nothing but rumors, I doubt the Houses in the Bloody War of 143 would have been able to keep such secrets from spreading far and wide when they joined our Queendom. A friendlier relationship with Mhuir would also allow us to spread The Mother's Word to more receptive ears, as we did when House Daucus entered our realm!

There is no profit in poisoning your customers. Turning down those touched by Aegna's wisdom and Raela's prosperity would be foolish. The Great Mother only helps those who help themselves. As an additional point, we may not be the only ones suffering from the folly stirred up on our northern border.

Blessed be The Mother.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 1, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
We have now passed the midpoint for this Dilemma! Please remember to cast your vote before the deadline, in about 24h.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sitting councilmember

It's that time of the year again, and House Gambol is willing to hear cash arguments. If anyone would like to buy our vote submit an argument for the AYE or NAY, please forward all offers dissertations to treasurer C...

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Foreman

This is an obvious trap and I can't believe you lot are falling for it. When the time comes to resolve the consequences of this folly, we'll all be worse off for having involved a foreign party into a purely internal affair.

Only House Gambol seems to recognize the inherent danger in "offers" such as these, but since they appear to need a little more persuasion, we offer 3 coins for 3 or more power on a Nay vote.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Inadequately posted:

Foreman

Only House Gambol seems to recognize the inherent danger in "offers" such as these, but since they appear to need a little more persuasion, we offer 3 coins for 3 or more power on a Nay vote.

Navigator

House Gambol does appreciate your interest here and would be willing to lend support, but not at the rate you have suggested. The family does not feel extremely strongly about this issue.
As a counter-offer: 3 coins for 2 of our Power to Nay.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm sure the peasantry will be pleased to note that their starvation is for sale.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

oldskool posted:

I'm sure the peasantry will be pleased to note that their starvation is for sale.

Navigator

If you feel so strongly for their plight, I'm sure you would jump at a chance to ensure our support on the same terms: 3 coins for 2 of our Power to Aye.

ooc: We did build them windmills. I wonder if the cards are linked, or if there will simply be a "sire, the peasants!" situation every now and again.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth will accept House Gambol's offer of 3 coins for 2 power for Aye. If this is what it takes to get food to the people, it's a price we're willing to pay.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

C... posted:

Navigator

If you feel so strongly for their plight, I'm sure you would jump at a chance to ensure our support on the same terms: 3 coins for 2 of our Power to Aye.

ooc: We did build them windmills. I wonder if the cards are linked, or if there will simply be a "sire, the peasants!" situation every now and again.

[ooc]
The windmills didn't trigger a new envelope IIRC. It's probably a "sires, the peasants" dilemma that happens every now and then.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

What my colleague is trying to say is what's been already stated. Grain this cheap doesn't make sense unless there's something wrong with it. If they're trying to offload it this easily, they're not telling us something, and it doesn't help our citizens much to stave off hunger only to be afflicted with disease instead.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Danaru posted:

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth will accept House Gambol's offer of 3 coins for 2 power for Aye. If this is what it takes to get food to the people, it's a price we're willing to pay.
House Gambol
Senator

That's not actually an offer we've made, so it'll have to wait for our navigator to see. We'll treat this as an offer you're makign in the mean time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nea posted:

House Gambol
Senator

That's not actually an offer we've made, so it'll have to wait for our navigator to see. We'll treat this as an offer you're makign in the mean time.

Is it not?

C... posted:

Navigator

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

They're asking Daucus to give Gambol 3 coins for 2 Aye. Basically you've said Cyfoeth is open to the same offer but nobody has yet extended the coin side of that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gambol offered to put two power on Aye if they get three coins. I offered them three coins. I'm not sure what I'm missing here

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

The "Cyfoeth is offering coins" bit I know I didn't get. It's also not an offer yet made expressly to Cyfoeth, but to Daucus.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Danaru posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Navigator

The syntax caused a ruckus, here, but you are paying us to weigh in Aye, and we will do so.
I think saying it's our "offer of 3 coins" implied that we're paying you. Perhaps "Offer of 2 power for 3 coins" or "Proposal of 3 coins for 2 power" for next time!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Danaru posted:

Is it not?
House Gambol
Senator
What you're missing here is that I missed a post earlier and that you were completely right and i was wrong, sorry!

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Nea posted:

House Gambol
Senator
What you're missing here is that I missed a post earlier and that you were completely right and i was wrong, sorry!

<3

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Danaru posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Witnessed!

House Cyfoeth will pay 3 coins to House Gambol. House Gambol will vote Aye with 2 Power. (Unless I got confused :v:)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Blastinus posted:

Senator

What my colleague is trying to say is what's been already stated. Grain this cheap doesn't make sense unless there's something wrong with it. If they're trying to offload it this easily, they're not telling us something, and it doesn't help our citizens much to stave off hunger only to be afflicted with disease instead.

Treasurer

Once again, what you are suggesting is highly improbable. I would think that House Pinchay of all Houses would understand the ability to profit via sales of volume?

Poisoned grain would be tantamount to an act of war, and given how the last foray into conflict went for Mhuir I doubt they have the taste for more misfortune. House Gambol can attest to that!

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

I can surely understand My Lords' collective wariness of grain at these prices, but it is grain we need and grain they have.
Surely as we have some of the most learned men in any of the nearby kingdoms any miasma that may accompany these foodstuffs could be cured, but what can not be cured are dead peasants, starving families, fields left untended due to hunger, famine must be avoided lest it begin a downward spiral of death and hardship.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Witnessed!

House Cyfoeth will pay 3 coins to House Gambol. House Gambol will vote Aye with 2 Power. (Unless I got confused :v:)

That's the deal, yes.

Hey, I don't have to send a PM this way :effort:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

That's the deal, yes.

Hey, I don't have to send a PM this way :effort:

[OOC] PMs? I thought houses weren't allowed to communicate with one another outside the thread (and the discord server, which doesn't have inter-house comms).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Quackles posted:

[OOC] PMs? I thought houses weren't allowed to communicate with one another outside the thread (and the discord server, which doesn't have inter-house comms).

To me, with the vote :D

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That Italian Guy posted:

To me, with the vote :D

Ahhhhhhh. :eng101: Now I understand.

EDIT:

I just realized: We've been scooped - someone else asked to be bought off this round instead of us. :v:

Quackles fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 1, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Ilysia I, Dilemma 1, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 1 Power (current: 9), gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Votes Aye, spends 2 Power (current: 7), gains 3 Coins (current: 13).

Votes Aye, spends 3 Power (current: 5), spends 3 Coins (current: 7).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 1 Power (current: 10), gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 1 Power (current: 9), gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Once again, thanks to megane for the artistic contribution!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 51

In case it wasn't clear, the ability on this card can be triggered by any House, not just Cyfoeth.

Resources and Stability change:

Chronicle stickers:

No changes.

Reign of Queen Ilysia I, Dilemma 2

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: C...
- Treasurer/Navigator: Nea

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: oldskool (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Bellmaker
- Treasurer/Negotiator: SporkChan

Dilemma2 posted:

Stakes:

An unusual dilemma!

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Can we afford this?

I'm honestly not sure. This feels like a strange one to weigh in on. I suppose I'm leaning slightly Nay, but this one is very :shrug:, at least for the moment.

EDIT: Oh f###, I forgot to make a Status Report last round.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 2, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

[ooc]holy hidden results Batman[/ooc]

Senator

I think we should avoid taxing further taxing the Queendom's treasury for a joust that could possibly boost morale. Or reduce influence when the black knight (it's always a black knight) pops up and makes our knights look like fools.

Seriously, if some noble houses want a joust that badly they can sponsor it themselves. Speaking of, we have some invitations for the annual House Gambol regatta, any takers?

[ooc]no seriously :what:[/ooc]

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

There is definitely something about this tournament that isn't apparent on its face. It's difficult to tell for sure what the impact will be of refusing to host it. It's possible that no matter what we do, we'll end up losing resources. For now, I'm leaning Aye but that's just under the suspicion that we've gotten ourselves into a bad situation just by picking this card in the first place.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

[ooc]okay wheat the hell?![/ooc]

Sitting Councilman

Our people need something to celebrate now that the famine is over! A tournament would provide much needed joy to our kingdom and military. It should mostly break even anyways cost-wise, given how merchants all over Ankist will flock to the scene.

Blessed be The Mother.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 2, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

By the way, taking bets on where the fertilizer that was used for the newly bought bread falls, on a scale that goes from "everything above board" to "soylent green".

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

By the way, taking bets on where the fertilizer that was used for the newly bought bread falls, on a scale that goes from "everything above board" to "soylent green".

Sitting Councilman

I’m being told this new grain is being called rye :v:

Blessed be The Mother.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Treasurer/Navigator

I'm pro joust. I think we all need some fun little relaxation times. We can find new generals or heroes from this. There could be some sort of dramatic twist or turn. I haven't had Joust Food in twenty years. Please let us joust.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

I'm sure that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Senator

Black, ashy bread? Clearly My Lords have just never tasted the wonder that is pumpernickel bread, there's nothing strange about these shipments other than the new technique for fertilizer the Mhuirans have developed.

In regards to this tourney however, I'm not convinced. Considering the cost to the treasury that feeding our people has cost, I'd find it less palatable than the bread we've imported to spend the same if not more on something wasteful as a tourney when real hardships may be just around the corner.