Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Greedfall is a game I've been wanting to play for quite a while so pretty nice month for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

gently caress, I don't have a ps5 but I was gonna buy Maneater on epic by the end of the month. Can't you redeem it on webstore or something? I could swear I redeemed Bugsnax last month

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ignis posted:

gently caress, I don't have a ps5 but I was gonna buy Maneater on epic by the end of the month. Can't you redeem it on webstore or something? I could swear I redeemed Bugsnax last month

Yes you can even if you don't own a PS5. Use the phone app or the webstore for it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ignis posted:

I’d assume so, but the official blog post does have this disclaimer.

”Sony” posted:

*PS5 console only; PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for Maneater on PS4. Maneater is not available in Saudi Arabia.

So uh, maybe? Maybe not? I’d imagine you can have the PS5 version waiting till you buy one.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you can redeem it for ps5 without having a ps5 but you will not get the ps4 version (nor will anyone else)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Super No Vacancy posted:

you can redeem it for ps5 without having a ps5 but you will not get the ps4 version (nor will anyone else)

Yeah that’s my read.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can tell it's a decent month when I own all the games in it already :v:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you can redeem it, but the web store is such trash that you might have to clear all your cookies and sign in again. if you don't, it'll look like you can't get it at all.

i've had to do that every time i want to use the web store for the past month or so

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I'm holding out hope either way. As far as I can see there's only one listing for Maneater on webstore, labeled "Maneater PS4&PS5".

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My interpretation is it's going to be handled the same way Bugsnax is:

The PS+ free version will only get you the PS5 version. You can claim it from the website but it won't be playable on PS4 at all in its free PS+ version, you'll only get the PS5 build added to your library.

The paid version will get you both the PS4 and PS5 versions, adding two items to your account. If you buy the PS4 version digitally at some later point in time I imagine it'll reset your PS5 license for the game so it's permanent and not tied to PS+.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ignis posted:

I'm holding out hope either way. As far as I can see there's only one listing for Maneater on webstore, labeled "Maneater PS4&PS5".

you're not getting the ps4 version. it is explicitly stated on the graphic

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

univbee posted:

I imagine it'll reset your PS5 license for the game so it's permanent and not tied to PS+.

imagine sony being this competent

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does PSN still have that problem where you can’t buy a game if you have the PS+ version?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Does PSN still have that problem where you can’t buy a game if you have the PS+ version?
I believe that's finally fixed - or at least, the option to buy a game that's already redeemed as PS+ is there. Not sure if this is backwards-applicable to PS3/Vita.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s partially addressed. From an actual PS4 console at least, you can do repurchases. I don’t believe you can from the mobile app or webstore, and I’m not sure you can on a PS5 either, at least for PS4 stuff.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

univbee posted:

It’s partially addressed. From an actual PS4 console at least, you can do repurchases. I don’t believe you can from the mobile app or webstore, and I’m not sure you can on a PS5 either, at least for PS4 stuff.

On the PS5 store you can purchase PS+ games including PS4. At least I have the buy button for PS4 games I have from PS+, I never tried to actually buy one.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

If you can tolerate playing through previous ps+ game Vampyr you can hang through Greedfall. Game has some trap skills, look up a leveling guide.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Last day to grab Bugsnax (you don't need a PS5 to claim it). And those other PS+ games too, I guess (Worms Rumble, Rocket Arena and Just Cause 4).

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

univbee posted:

Last day to grab Bugsnax (you don't need a PS5 to claim it). And those other PS+ games too, I guess (Worms Rumble, Rocket Arena and Just Cause 4).

Thanks, had forgotten to grab the PS4 offerings.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, next months Playstation plus is the Control Ultimate edition (which includes the PS5 version), brand new game Destruction All Stars and cool indie game Concrete Genie

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

axelblaze posted:

Holy poo poo, next months Playstation plus is the Control Ultimate edition (which includes the PS5 version), brand new game Destruction All Stars and cool indie game Concrete Genie

I knew waiting was the right choice... :retrogames:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

axelblaze posted:

Nice, I was holding on getting Control's DLC so let's hope that it uses the same savedata and I can just keep playing from my beaten game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

zenintrude posted:

I knew waiting was the right choice... :retrogames:

I almost bought it for half off. My laziness finally pays off!

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

jabro posted:

I almost bought it for half off. My laziness finally pays off!

I finally bought it in the Winter Sale after waiting for over a year after release. So much for reasonably expecting it not to be a PSN game for a long long time. :homebrew:

This is still a good thing though, can only hope more well received AAA games get the PSN treatment in the months to come. I don't think I'll be buying any PS4 games this year with the backlog I now have though.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If I get PS4 games this year will be retail releases that are cheap for my collection.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If every game was a masterpiece more people would finish their backlog. Many games are bad, boring, or too long. Some games are made by Ubisoft, and they are all three.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

except child of light, it ruled

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Outland was also very good, ikaruga meets metroid

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Outland was also very good, ikaruga meets metroid

ive never heard of that but it sounds cool. thanks for the tip!

i played milkmaid of the milky way finally. it was fine. it did the rhyming couplet thing like child of light did, except this time i found it much more grating (in CoL it didn't bother me at all)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was on 360

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Man the store is infuriating. Wanted to claim the PS Plus games of this month like Control, and they are still 39,99 euro on the web store. Then on the app they are free, but I have to buy them individually and enter my password EACH TIME rather than put them all in my shopping cart and buy once.

I can't believe the Store devs still haven't improved the thing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's so bad, super slow today too. Their crap security cert is giving me warning all over the place too and every page asks for cookie verification even though I've declined everything countless times. And it randomly logs me out too so I have to go through the whole thing of two-step verification through text messaging every time.

The games are still full price in some areas of the store and the PS+ page still shows last month's games. I just searched for them individually and finally got them. Weirdly there are two versions of Control: Ultimate edition but I went with the PS4/PS5 one and it seemed to give me both.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

More than 15 years later and several versions of online stores created during that period, yet they still can't get it right.

PSP, PS3 (two versions even), web store, Vita, PS4, and now PS5 with a new web store. All of them with several issues.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's still Tuesday, PS+ games refresh on Wednesday. The first Wednesday of the month, which is tomorrow. Chill.

I really wish the PS5 games were crossbuy, the Vita and PS3 games crossbought like 2 years ago.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's been the first Tuesday of the month for a while now. I just installed Concrete Genie.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Stare-Out posted:

It's been the first Tuesday of the month for a while now. I just installed Concrete Genie.

Usually it's Tuesday afternoon, unless they started updating the store earlier than they used to.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, d'oh. I'm in the EU, didn't think about the US. My bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah typically it would update sometime in the next few hours, I'm thinking they must have done it early because today is also launch day for control and destruction all stars? so those wouldve been available at midnight EST?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Did they remove claiming psplus games from the website? I'm on the page of Destruction allstars and want to claim it but theres simply no button. I claimed the ps4 games on the console but that's not an option for the ps5 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still has an 'add to library' button there for me, if you're on mobile I suggest using a non-mobile browser or vice-versa.