Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

TheScott2K posted:

Thanks for sparing us the "can we move on" thing after this round of assertion

I mean, you're an albatross of wrong, so I'm surprised anyone agreeing with you isn't rethinking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Ok, man

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Come on guys, this isn't the playstation thread.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

ultrachrist posted:

I do not need an in-universe explanation of why the Resident Evil characters can survive being bit by a zombie
Well sure but Resident Evil has had that explanation since the first or second game where a file says "10% of people are apparently immune" and then now it's consistent and doesn't affect anything else at all!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Castlevania: Ludonarrative of Dissonance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Come on guys, this isn't the playstation thread.

Yeah that’s actually good

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Kevyn posted:

Castlevania: Ludonarrative of Dissonance

What is a Stux? A miserable little pile of poor writing!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah that’s actually good
:chloe:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
A playable copy of Rares Goldeneye for Xbox360 leaked

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/goldeneye-007s-lost-xbox-360-remaster-has-leaked-as-a-full-game-speedrun/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I saw that yesterday and was drooling a lot. I'd need an N64 controller mod to play it properly though. I need my C buttons for circle strafing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how long has it been possible to claim xbox gold games from other regions and have i missed any good ones

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

how long has it been possible to claim xbox gold games from other regions

:aaa:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Was really excited when I heard about this last weekend. Then I watched the playthrough video and realized that was pretty much all of the That Game I needed at this point. I'm glad it actually got leaked though!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like its no longer a big deal that Golden Eye officially is stuck forever on the N64. It hasnt aged well, and the FPS genre has surpassed what it offered.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Super No Vacancy posted:

how long has it been possible to claim xbox gold games from other regions and have i missed any good ones

Always iirc. I got Ikaruga of the argentine or jp store recently, forget which one.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I said come in! posted:

I feel like its no longer a big deal that Golden Eye officially is stuck forever on the N64. It hasnt aged well, and the FPS genre has surpassed what it offered.

Yeah it was a game that was defined by a unique moment in time (college dorm MP-athons) as much as the actual game itself was. Like most nostalgia keystones, it's about getting back to a specific part of your youth and not the item itself. When you actually *do* obtain the item it's just... meh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Yeah it was a game that was defined by a unique moment in time (college dorm MP-athons) as much as the actual game itself was. Like most nostalgia keystones, it's about getting back to a specific part of your youth and not the item itself. When you actually *do* obtain the item it's just... meh.

Yeah and if you do want to play it, N64 carts and the system itself is very cheap, or emulation plays it perfectly.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
The Yakuza spin-off Judgment is coming to Xbox Series X|S.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1356377071241621504?s=21

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Best game in the series. Learn a lot about dementia treatments actually lol. Bad tailing missions. Really bad ones.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

"OK we'll make a Series X|S version but we're not going to release it on failure platforms like the Xbox One. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work on the Stadia version, gotta make sure it's ready before they shut the platform down entirely."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RGGguidovoice

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Always iirc. I got Ikaruga of the argentine or jp store recently, forget which one.

It wasn't a Gold game but just free for some reason.

And still is. Go grab it:
https://www.microsoft.com/es-ar/p/ikaruga/bz8zv7r2j95r

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why would they not do a PC version? Google must have paid them 15 million to keep it Stadia exclusive on PC for like 6 months.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Why would they not do a PC version? Google must have paid them 15 million to keep it Stadia exclusive on PC for like 6 months.

Pretty much. Epic and stadia are both in the market to poach games off steam and companies know they can just check to see if they will get big free upfront money checks before releasing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PlaidKnuckles/status/1356385690011926528?s=20

Design director on perfect dark is out

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

good loving lord god drat what the gently caress is wrong with the capture function on Series X?

my captures either:
- are all black
- are all white
- dont have sound
- dont capture the previous minute of gameplay and grab instead an entirely different minute of gameplay
- dont get uploaded to cloud
- aren't accessible on the iOS app.

all this poo poo worked fine on the one X.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Try a reboot? Mine have been fine after the December update, save for a few games having their HDR capture crushed when exporting to Twitter.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

The X|S version of Control is up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Happy Hedonist posted:

The X|S version of Control is up.

Time to play it for a little bit now that I've long finished all the content and go back to <spins the gamepass wheel> Moonlighter

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I was very patient waiting until I could play Control with ray tracing. I started it up, smoked a bowl, stood up to grab my headphones, and stepped directly on my glasses. Good times!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Happy Hedonist posted:

I was very patient waiting until I could play Control with ray tracing. I started it up, smoked a bowl, stood up to grab my headphones, and stepped directly on my glasses. There was time now!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Lol

I will stand 3 feet in front of the tv like a child and play my Control god dammit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

bushisms.txt posted:

This is the internet and there's a ton of resources at y'all's disposal. There's also been a number of posters explaining things. But y'all keep on with this "game journos and their readers are dumb so they sling out big words" narrative as if it applies in all instances. But y'all have repeatedly shown with your examples, you don't know what the words mean or how they're being applied in "complaints." So you come off as oafish defenders of flawed games.

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

bushisms.txt posted:

I mean, you're an albatross of wrong, so I'm surprised anyone agreeing with you isn't rethinking it.

ahhhhhhhhahaha i love this thread

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
stux IDK if you’ve got the social capital to take that tone with people

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Teh.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

bushisms.txt posted:

albatross of wrong

This would be a good user name for a mod

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My ability to not buy this gens Crimson Dragon for 3 months is rewarded and Falconeer comes to game pass.

Also stop bogarting FFX Square, thats the only one of your dumb games I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Finished The Medium. Definitely stand by what I said before: If you're looking to bring back that feel of the early Silent Hill games, The Medium has it in abundance. It is extremely that kind of game. It's far easier than they were—and more linear—but the style, the themes, the gameplay, the music, it's all there.

Does sidetrack itself a little bit during the third quarter or so, to its detriment. There are portions where you're playing as a different character, and I found myself rushing through those because I just wanted to get back to Marianne.

Also, the devs thank Beksiński in the credits. Which, y'know, good move, considering how hard they bit his work.

I think $60 would probably be too steep. It's a perfect Game Pass game.