Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Here's the first look at the Baron Zemo and US Agent costumes from The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1356278904764440579?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

US Agent looks like Bubbles without his glasses.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Zero has big COBRAAAAAAAA energy.

I really wish Agent had full on overcompensating 90s armor made by Justin Hammer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Zero has big COBRAAAAAAAA energy.

I really wish Agent had full on overcompensating 90s armor made by Justin Hammer.

Oh poo poo, did I forget casting news and we're getting Sam Rockwell?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gaz-L posted:

Oh poo poo, did I forget casting news and we're getting Sam Rockwell?
Nah, but it would have been a nice "Not My Cap" moment and a cute reference.

Like why dress some goober up in that getup If he doesn't have Peak Cap abilities?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Nah, but it would have been a nice "Not My Cap" moment and a cute reference.

Like why dress some goober up in that getup If he doesn't have Peak Cap abilities?

Probably to use him like they originally used Cap. They want him to be a figurehead spouting off scripted lines to rah rah for America and not actually do anything. Basically propaganda.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the entire point of USAgent in the comic is that he's the guy the government picks to be Cap as their propaganda, good soldier when Steve Rogers takes one of his principled stands. And it turns out he's a psycho and all because he's basically the "good soldier" they wanted to pick instead of the good person they did pick.

So Captain America is gone and the two possible successors are a Russian assassin and a black guy who went against the government a couple of times. So I imagine USAgent is their hand picked guy.

And I still kind of think this might be a backdoor Thunderbolts/Masters of Evil thing. In which case I imagine USAgent as the government liason/leader.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 2, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Walker isn't necessarily a psycho, but he definitely does not have the mentality or morals to be a Captain America.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh there better be a weight loss montage. Or a competion against Quill with Quill not changing at all.

Opening: Thor starts doing push-ups on the ship. Quill walks by and sees this. Eye of the Tiger* stars playing.

Cue montage of Thor doing various exercises and slowly getting better at them; Quill starts out better but equally slowly starts to fall behind.

By the end, Thor is more or less back in shape while Quill is completely unchanged.

*Of course it's to Eye of the Tiger, don't be silly.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Melomane Mallet posted:

I don't know, I'm partial to No Easy Way Out though I guess the "training" song in 4 was Hearts on Fire.

Bummer he couldn't stay fat for the fat boys everywhere (we see you) but working in that suit has to be tough. poo poo I'm surprised Waititi has Hemsworth in a wig again.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Melomane Mallet posted:

Opening: Thor starts doing push-ups on the ship. Quill walks by and sees this. Eye of the Tiger* stars playing.

Cue montage of Thor doing various exercises and slowly getting better at them; Quill starts out better but equally slowly starts to fall behind.

By the end, Thor is more or less back in shape while Quill is completely unchanged.

All of this happens in a single day

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I don't know, I'm partial to No Easy Way Out though I guess the "training" song in 4 was Hearts on Fire.

Bummer he couldn't stay fat for the fat boys everywhere (we see you) but working in that suit has to be tough. poo poo I'm surprised Waititi has Hemsworth in a wig again.

I'm willing to accept the substitution of Burning Heart. :colbert:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Melomane Mallet posted:

I'm willing to accept the substitution of Burning Heart. :colbert:

I forgot how many musical montages that movie had.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm looking forward to chuds melting down about Hard Right Cap being the villain.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Melomane Mallet posted:

Don't forget, Thor would probably end up bench pressing cars.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Endless Mike posted:

I'm looking forward to chuds melting down about Hard Right Cap being the villain.
Yeah I’m already preparing myself for the backlash

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Bless your heart for thinking Disney won't pull some 'both sides/show some compassion for the other side" BS

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The thing is, Walker isn't quite a full blown bad guy even at his worst, just kinda lovely. I imagine as far as the show goes, at worst he will get dunked on and not get a redemption moment, but him chipping in to help save the day at the last second to prove he's not completely worthless is probably more likely.

Hell Silver Age Wally West is more of a right wing rear end in a top hat

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Has anything been confirmed about Walker's role in the series? I've seen a few people throw around the psycho/mentally disturbed thing about US Agent in this series. And as said that doesn't really track with the character in the comics so unless they've actually said that's how it is in the show I'm not sure exactly where that's coming from. And if that's what they've said about Walker in this series they may be combining US Agent with a little bit of Nuke as well as that seems more his bag.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

X-O posted:

Has anything been confirmed about Walker's role in the series? I've seen a few people throw around the psycho/mentally disturbed thing about US Agent in this series. And as said that doesn't really track with the character in the comics so unless they've actually said that's how it is in the show I'm not sure exactly where that's coming from. And if that's what they've said about Walker in this series they may be combining US Agent with a little bit of Nuke as well as that seems more his bag.

I think it's just speculation. I think it's just as likely he'll be a good hearted rube that the government tricks into being an antagonist to Sam and Bucky.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It is wild to me that the MCU had a Nuke and he never had any interaction with Cap and never will.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The Synder cut being a four episode miniseries is an interesting experiment, a four hour film, not so much.

Ray Fisher is now complaining about Booyah again and implying people are racist for liking Cyborg's catchphrase. Is he just being contrarian for the sake of it now? It's why I'm flip flopping between "Fisher has a valid point" and "Fisher has valid points about the industry, but is also milking it a bit for attention". If he has a thesis, he needs to make it clear and explain it in detail, all these implications are making him look a little toxic.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SonicRulez posted:

It is wild to me that the MCU had a Nuke and he never had any interaction with Cap and never will.

Did it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SonicRulez posted:

Wtf.

Where in the MCU is Nuke? Did I miss a movie somewhere?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vandar posted:

Wtf.

Where in the MCU is Nuke? Did I miss a movie somewhere?

Jessica Jones, I think?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jessica Jones, I think?

Oh.

That explains why I missed him. :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The booyah thing is... I get where he's coming from but this recent post kinda misses the point. No one is mad about Cavill not saying "This looks like a job..." but they likely would be annoyed if it came out he vetoed the line after it was scripted. It's Fisher pushing back that's the source of the backlash, not the line not being there. It's like Tom Welling and the cape. No one would care if the suit wasn't in the show (mostly), but it coming out he refused is gonna ruffle a few feathers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's a character in the Jessica Jones series.

edit: Super late on this. My bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

The booyah thing is... I get where he's coming from but this recent post kinda misses the point. No one is mad about Cavill not saying "This looks like a job..." but they likely would be annoyed if it came out he vetoed the line after it was scripted. It's Fisher pushing back that's the source of the backlash, not the line not being there. It's like Tom Welling and the cape. No one would care if the suit wasn't in the show (mostly), but it coming out he refused is gonna ruffle a few feathers

The line is there.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Fisher fans on Twitter are acting like Cyborg having a few extra scenes will make this some kind of ground breaking, generation defining film, like its In the Heat of the Night or something.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I thought the booyah thing only even became a thing because Khary Payton is a drat good voice actor.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jessica Jones, I think?

:ssh: the joke was the Netflix u and the mcu aren't the same

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

theironjef posted:

I thought the booyah thing only even became a thing because Khary Payton is a drat good voice actor.

According to some tweeters, having Cyborg be happy promotes Jim Crow stereotypes, or something? Honestly, I can't remember most of what the characters who weren't Superman or Batman did in that movie to advance the plot. The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, they spent a lot of time telling us how cool these characters are and not showing us. The first Avengers film did a really good job of juggling a big cast - every character gets a moment or two to shine in that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jessica Jones, I think?

Speaking of, I'm finally watching the final seasons of the Netflix shows. When they were cancelled, I was kinda like "What's the point?" and ignored them until now.

Did they ever explain how Eric got his powers? As far as I know, they left it very open and just said it happened when he was in college. I wonder if they were planning on explaining him being a mutant or inhuman or something.

I'm also watching Daredevil's last season, and I'm just reminded of how loving good Charlie Cox is as Matt Murdock. I really hope the rumors are true and he gets a chance to play the character some more.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Ray Fisher's complaint isn't that he was told to say a catch phrase but that he felt his character was taken from something fully realized and integral to the plot to basically a joke character of no real significance. Likewise with the Jewish character, the Polynesian character, and the only woman superhero. More importantly, that this reduction occurred alongside mistreatment by Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns.

Responding to his accusation with "but I want you to be an insignificant cartoon character" isn't racist, but it is in tremendously bad taste.

Having said that, the idea that "Fisher has valid points about the industry, but is also milking it a bit for attention" is cutting real close to some Colin Kaepernick poo poo.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 3, 2021

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SonicRulez posted:

The best thing about MCU Nuke was that he looked like someone who would star in an Asylum knockoff of Captain America.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Colin Kaepernick had a clear argument, that he was willing to explain in detail, and he wasn't doing it for himself. Fisher's constant teasing of "I'm gonna blow it wide open!!!" then never delivering seems like self promotion - all the facts need to be laid out, less innuendo and hinting. Fisher never seems to be saying WHAT happened, just that something did.

Either its a poorly run production, or a massive conspiracy, but the hinting is just going around the bush.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Fisher’s been pretty drat clear from the start about who said what and how that affected the entire production though :confused:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

OldMemes posted:

According to some tweeters, having Cyborg be happy promotes Jim Crow stereotypes, or something? Honestly, I can't remember most of what the characters who weren't Superman or Batman did in that movie to advance the plot. The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, they spent a lot of time telling us how cool these characters are and not showing us. The first Avengers film did a really good job of juggling a big cast - every character gets a moment or two to shine in that.

I honestly don't know if Booyah started with the old Teen Titans show or not, but one thing for certain is that it made a lot more sense there. Cyborg was confident and had more or less taken full responsibility for building and upgrading himself on that show, so the Booyahs were expressions of self-satisfaction in his hard work paying off. Having a guy who is still in the "I am but a monster" phase say it is a little weird and feels like they were desperate for packaged characterization from elsewhere to sell the character on arrival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There are certainly things that Ray Fisher could be telling us that he isn't (on account of there is an ongoing investigation) but even without having all the information I don't think his claims are so unbelievable or outlandish to be casually dismissed. Unprofessional behavior ain't exactly unheard of in Hollywood, and Joss Whedon in particular doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation.

Ray Fisher was also explicit that the reshoot diminished the rolls of several other PoC actors, in particular Zheng Kai, Joe Morton, Karen Bryson, Kiersey Clemons. I don't think it's fair at all to claim that Fisher is "doing [this] for himself."