Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

galenanorth posted:

I haven't watched any AOC video, so I don't have much of an opinion, and I'm probably going to watch Paddington 2 instead of it next time I get some downtime,

but the thread is all "you're illiterate" this and "someone needs a good face loving" that and "you're a loving lunatic" this and "I love getting my loving face hosed" that, and people are asking, so if you want me to hand out probes, here is the proposed set:

- Quetzadilla (6 hours and thread banned)
- Lib and let die (12 hours)
- mcmagic (6 hours and thread banned)
- Stinky Wizzleteats (6 hours)
- Mirello (12 hours) - because Lib and let die has a point about asking for mods with having like less than a page of posts in both this thread and the old one, but the thread is better when people reply to specific posts instead of posting mainly to criticize the overall vibe (edit: but feel free to come back afterward)
thread banning is a really bad idea all around. If someone comes in who sucks everyone can just tell them they suck who cares. We don't need to ban people from disagreeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

this topic is mystifying to me. aoc (or any other politician) isn't my friend and i'm not her therapist. believing her doesn't have any bearing on the functioning of the US political system and the succ within it, which is the ostensible subject of this thead.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

thread banning is a really bad idea all around. If someone comes in who sucks everyone can just tell them they suck who cares. We don't need to ban people from disagreeing

Would also deny us valuable taintrunning, which is the primary commodity exported by this thread

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SchnorkIes posted:

the level of main hustle you have to have to make a side hustle a real thing and not just a second job to scrounge for survival is like minimum a good union labor aristo job lol

yeah it’s incredibly loving grim

all the old money backed Silicon Valley and the “sharing economy” in order to wage war on labor and workers’ rights and the Democrats just let them win it. gently caress life

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

These people know #metoo died the second liberals decided to smear Tara Reade right?

That is definitely coming back up the second they try to use a #metoo against another GOP politician.

Don't think there has even been a big #metoo thing since Tara Reade got the exact same treatment from liberals that conservatives gave to Dr. Ford over Kavanaugh.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

where the gently caress is my money???

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you could just read another book???

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I find the term side hustle to be extremely disturbing. It's a second job. People losing time with their children to try to not starve is not a loving hustle.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Google Butt posted:

where the gently caress is my money???

A great question. Everything that is being covered in the media that isn't "where's my money, joe?" is a distraction from the fact that Joe Biden owes YOU, the average American layabout, $2000.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

No threadbans for the libs ITT, but they should all be probed with the following as the probe reason:

probe the succies with this for 6 hours for the lulz when they start whipping themselves into a frenzy over jimmy dore or defending the fraud squad

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Ytlaya posted:

So I got that 3M respirator gradenko mentioned, and this thing is pretty amazing; it actually keeps a full seal so no air comes in or out through anything other than the filter. It seems like this would actually pretty effectively protect you and presumably isn't as widely recommended just because it's not practical for everyone to buy and wear these things. It's a lot more comfortable for me though, just because hot air isn't being blown up into my eyes constantly like with cloth/surgical masks/K95s.

Link so I don't have to dig through the whole effing thread?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I''m really looking forward to the Adam Curtis documentary "Emotions" this month and I think it might be of particular relevance to this moment. A personal account of the events of the 6th broadcast online with video and audio to millions is useless on its own and sinister in aggregate (along with other moving pictures of politicians and pundits that focus individual experiences)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

you could just read another book???

https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/1356665548592066561

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao at it getting ratioed and dragged in the comments

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

A great question. Everything that is being covered in the media that isn't "where's my money, joe?" is a distraction from the fact that Joe Biden owes YOU, the average American layabout, $2000.

Whenever Joe's not on screen people should ask "where's Joe with my loving money?"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Afghanistan war turns 20 this year

still no end in sight. Omar and talib have said nothing, which is sad, since both of them being Muslim women might give them cause to support bringing it to an end finally

oh well time to give the taliban more guns!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gay_crimes posted:

probe the succies with this for 6 hours for the lulz when they start whipping themselves into a frenzy over jimmy dore or defending the fraud squad

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Taintrunner posted:

lmfao this is pure succ

they all endorsed a hard right pro-war austerity agenda by campaigning for a rapist, them’s the brakes. they could have taken the side of working people and not made themselves out to be frauds, and given people a reason to take to the streets instead of them. now, they’re going to back a second patriot act and further build America’s turnkey tyranny to be casually passed off to the next fascist.

good afternoon tainrunner i hope your having a great day too!!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

StratGoatCom posted:

Link so I don't have to dig through the whole effing thread?

second post in the thread dawg

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Her response does disqualify her from being a serious leftist leader. Stoicism is a virtue
This sums up my feelings on the matter

some guy on reddit posted:

Dilma Rousseff was literally tortured by the Brazilian junta when she was young(for being a Marxist guerrilla) and she nonetheless faced the 2016 right wing parliamentary coup by fascist lawmakers with calm defiance, steely resolve and dignity. Never complained or whimpered about herself, because it wasn’t just about her but the fate of Brazil’s democracy, the working class and the entire progressive camp in Latin America. That’s what leadership is
AOC is a ted Kennedy intern, she always was a member of the swamp, remember her as a politician that can be useful, not as a leader

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

lmao at it getting ratioed and dragged in the comments

https://twitter.com/AgentSiegfried/status/1356655091445563392?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Chris_arnade/status/1356649655501807628?s=20

lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady Militant posted:

good afternoon tainrunner i hope your having a great day too!!

sorry you want to deny the reality of what your elected representatives actually support and how they mock and scorn you for getting uppity about it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

AOC is a ted Kennedy intern

member of the swamp

hehehehe

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

still no end in sight. Omar and talib have said nothing, which is sad, since both of them being Muslim women might give them cause to support bringing it to an end finally

as well as keeping people in forever prison without charging them for anything until they die of old age

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Taintrunner posted:

We have to elect more Muslims to congress. It's the only way. Once there are enough Muslims, they will finally be able to pass those policies, but to get there Muslim children have to believe they can become president. This is my theory of change

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

It's so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4FYL8twE6Q

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Getting kind of annoying to watch people say we shouldn't talk about sexual assault with anyone other than their therapist, not gonna lie

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mawarannahr posted:

We have to elect more Muslims to congress. It's the only way. Once there are enough Muslims, they will finally be able to pass those policies, but to get there Muslim children have to believe they can become president. This is my theory of change

I mean they’re the ones who support abusing liberal identity politics so much, y’all

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

galenanorth posted:

I haven't watched any AOC video, so I don't have much of an opinion, and I'm probably going to watch Paddington 2 instead of it next time I get some downtime,

but the thread is all "you're illiterate" this and "someone needs a good face loving" that and "you're a loving lunatic" this and "I love getting my loving face hosed" that, and people are asking, so if you want me to hand out probes, here is the proposed set:

- Quetzadilla (6 hours and thread banned)
- Lib and let die (12 hours)
- mcmagic (6 hours and thread banned)
- Stinky Wizzleteats (6 hours)
- Mirello (12 hours) - because Lib and let die has a point about asking for mods with having like less than a page of posts in both this thread and the old one, but the thread is better when people reply to specific posts instead of posting mainly to criticize the overall vibe (edit: but feel free to come back afterward)

CSPAM is getting succ as hell with all these threadban requests. If someone sucks poo poo then post them in to oblivion don't go crying to the mods. The only time posters are insufferable to the point of ruining a thread is when they are the mods pet and none of those people are gonna get threadbanned anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pass the Federal $15 Minimum Wage Except for WV Where It's $11 Act and let Joe Manchin deal with the mob that forms at his office.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the $15 min wage wouldn’t take effect until literally 2026. just something to keep in mind here.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

superbowl ad with people ripping off their masks and returning to jc penneys while the song "five million ways to heal a ceo" plays

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Thoguh posted:

CSPAM is getting succ as hell with all these threadban requests. If someone sucks poo poo then post them in to oblivion don't go crying to the mods. The only time posters are insufferable to the point of ruining a thread is when they are the mods pet and none of those people are gonna get threadbanned anyway.

this thread has shot down the idea of these particular threadbans twice so i dont think its grassroots, although i get the mods being peeved since whenever this little invasions happen im sure theres 100 reports trying to snag one of us perfidious succ zoners

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Whose Side Are You On?" but it's Pepsi v Coke

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Organ Fiend posted:

No threadbans for the libs ITT, but they should all be probed with the following as the probe reason:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dance! Dance for your 12 hour work day!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

im glad joe manchin has greed to voluntarily reduce his pay to $11/hour even though i believe every person deserves more

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Solidarity Forever" over a National Correctional Employees Union commercial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

By 2026, the two-bedroom housing wage in West Virginia will be around $16.81, based on the 2011-2016 and 2016-2020 increases