Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

XMNN posted:

he's going to do a eulogy and a little pretend cry and go up another 5 points in the polls imo

He'll gently caress it up and the BBC will play a version of him doing it properly edited together from old clips like cassetteboy

e: catte tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Wanking myself into a cpt tom coma

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

stev posted:

Got my first jab booked. Pump me full of beans. :toot:

I think you may want to check exactly what you're signed up for there buddy

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Who runs the Podcasting is Praxis account? I saw it, I saw the tweet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he died as he lived - increasing the number of people aware of COVID

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keep punching joe posted:

I was going to screenshot it and post it here but I think I prefer to keep it tucked away in my memory.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

keep punching joe posted:

You made me look at their Twitter account, which is good, but I saw this, which is, uh, not:
https://twitter.com/EleniCourea/status/1356033361563820033
This real?

Please tell me somebody just shopped the logo onto a For Britain leaflet or something, because jfc

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hoarding the spicy takes is bourgeois decadence.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Borrovan posted:

You made me look at their Twitter account, which is good, but I saw this, which is, uh, not:
This real?

Please tell me somebody just shopped the logo onto a For Britain leaflet or something, because jfc

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Borrovan posted:

This real?

The time for border quarantine was a year ago at this point. Really sad we're only now considering it.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

It's not about the border quarantine, it's about why my dog won't stop barking

I don't even own a dog & it still won't stop barking, that's just how loud that whistle is

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

stev posted:

It's the country's celebration of it all that turned my stomach. The idea that the loving NHS should be funded by the elderly arranging charity drives. The fact that the government and every brand under the sun used and abused him for feelgood cheer points while sweeping every cut, failure and unnecessary death under the carpet. The family of posh cunts standing behind him for every photo op, enjoying their freebies and holidays. It's sickening.

Yes. Although, as WhatEvil, said, raising money for charity is good while charities [have to] exist, the broader response was and is nauseating.

Apologies if this is a repeat-anecdote in this thread, but I am no longer allowed (by mutual agreement, tbf) to be in the living room while my partner and her mum have their annual ritual of watching the Pride of Britain Awards while drinking wine, eating pizza and softly blubbing at all the heartstring-tugging stories. Some of them are people who have genuinely gone wonderful or heroic things but about two-thirds of them are people who have raised money for charities to solve problems that wouldn't exist in a truly civilised nation or which shouldn't be the responsiblity of charities anyway. Or it's about folks who have overcome huge obstacles in their life that should never have been there in the first place - "after leaving school with one GCSE, this single mum from Gainsborough didn't know what to do when the factory she worked at was relocated to Vietnam and she was evicted from her home. After living in her car with her young son for a year she got a job working 12-hour shifts at an Amazon fulfilment centre, and she's allowed to park her home in the warehouse for free...And the manager of that fulfilment centre is here tonight! [APPLAUSE!] [DEPLOY THE UNION JACKS]"

Just a string of societal failings being packaged up and sold back to us as 'Pride of Britain'. And gf's mum tears up through it all at how heartbreaking it is to see little kids going hungry and how appalling it is that teachers had to fundraise to buy pencils for their school ("round of applause for these teachers who did a sponsored unicycle twerk and raised enough to buy 500 pencils!!!!!") while proudly voting Tory.

Since having the cause and effect of those things being pointed out will not be appreciated (I can see it now: "how dare you say I want children to suffer!") I just keep schtum and it's best for my blood pressure if I go and play piano or something upstairs with headphones on like a cut-price Opera Ghost.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/endamcclafferty/status/1356650323792789506?s=19

DUP turning further to the right and openly cribbing from Jim Allister.

I'm sure this is not at all influenced by the recent poll that indicated their first preference vote share at the next assembly could fall by 9% leaving them fighting with alliance for second place, with only 1% between them, while the TUV where sitting on 10% (that's +7.5%)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BalloonFish posted:

Yes. Although, as WhatEvil, said, raising money for charity is good while charities [have to] exist, the broader response was and is nauseating.

Apologies if this is a repeat-anecdote in this thread, but I am no longer allowed (by mutual agreement, tbf) to be in the living room while my partner and her mum have their annual ritual of watching the Pride of Britain Awards while drinking wine, eating pizza and softly blubbing at all the heartstring-tugging stories. Some of them are people who have genuinely gone wonderful or heroic things but about two-thirds of them are people who have raised money for charities to solve problems that wouldn't exist in a truly civilised nation or which shouldn't be the responsiblity of charities anyway. Or it's about folks who have overcome huge obstacles in their life that should never have been there in the first place - "after leaving school with one GCSE, this single mum from Gainsborough didn't know what to do when the factory she worked at was relocated to Vietnam and she was evicted from her home. After living in her car with her young son for a year she got a job working 12-hour shifts at an Amazon fulfilment centre, and she's allowed to park her home in the warehouse for free...And the manager of that fulfilment centre is here tonight! [APPLAUSE!] [DEPLOY THE UNION JACKS]"

Just a string of societal failings being packaged up and sold back to us as 'Pride of Britain'. And gf's mum tears up through it all at how heartbreaking it is to see little kids going hungry and how appalling it is that teachers had to fundraise to buy pencils for their school ("round of applause for these teachers who did a sponsored unicycle twerk and raised enough to buy 500 pencils!!!!!") while proudly voting Tory.

Since having the cause and effect of those things being pointed out will not be appreciated (I can see it now: "how dare you say I want children to suffer!") I just keep schtum and it's best for my blood pressure if I go and play piano or something upstairs with headphones on like a cut-price Opera Ghost.

https://twitter.com/pookleblinky/status/1309325764739858432

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm sure this is not at all influenced by the recent poll that indicated their first preference vote share at the next assembly could fall by 9% leaving them fighting with alliance for second place, with only 1% between them, while the TUV where sitting on 10% (that's +7.5%)

i know you should be careful what you wish for but i just want to see them get their comeuppance so badly. Anecdotally it seems like they have lost the hardline vote due to riding the Brexit gravy train straight into a big pile of poo poo and Robin Swan as health minister has done a lot to win over their less insane voters

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

taptam tom's scumbag family are worse than the mccanns for grifting

if that was a working class family they'd have been grassed up to the social for taking that poor old codger on holiday in the middle of a pandemic and the police would have blattered the door down and taken their kids away by now imo

GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FAHKIN FLOH NAOW GET ON THE FLOH GET ON THE FLOH

like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

crispix posted:

i know you should be careful what you wish for but i just want to see them get their comeuppance so badly. Anecdotally it seems like they have lost the hardline vote due to riding the Brexit gravy train straight into a big pile of poo poo and Robin Swan as health minister has done a lot to win over less insane unionists

I mean this seems pretty transparently an attempt to win back hardline support. The UUP remain stagnant in polling, the fact Swann isn't leader anymore maybe not helping to convert the personal admiration into party support, and Alliance on course to possibly double it's vote share maybe more indicative to where moderate unionists are going.

There's even an appeal to Unionist unity in the DUPs Five Point Plan to ditch the protocol which is pretty classic "whatever your opinions on our recent history we can't let the loving shinners win"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Have we had the inevitable "Turbo-Stalin Jeremy Corbyn very anti-Semitically makes nice statement about Captain Tom and the NHS, and then gets 9000 frothing replies about communist IRA Muslamic scum stealing Are Benefits"?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

As i'm technically nationalist(small n) but i live in DUP central i always vote Alliance, hopefully it will give them a few sleepless nights while they cry over their wood pellet stoves. :colbert:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Oldknow back in the Labour Party. Don't vote for these cunts in May or ever

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1356681986941804544

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ThatTimWalker/status/1356579857111613441?s=19

Lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

20 pts ahead!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Tarnop posted:

Oldknow back in the Labour Party. Don't vote for these cunts in May or ever

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1356681986941804544

lol

are they even going to bother releasing the report at this point

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

"no, a different any other leader"

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Going to win the votes back with flegs, nationalism and smart suits :cripes:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

E: drat you!

Have this as a chaser: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ndroidApp_Other

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

sinky posted:

Going to win the votes back with flegs, nationalism and smart suits :cripes:

Barf

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A lot of words to say "we found a load of people who want to vote for the tories, have you considered being the tories?"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Went to Tesco, and saw that they do chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, and triple chocolate chip cookies, which makes me wonder - who actually buys the double chocolate ones? Seems like with cookies, you either want them to be a bit chocolatey or as chocolatey as is humanly possible. Is there in fact a thriving market for chocolate centrism?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Went to Tesco, and saw that they do chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, and triple chocolate chip cookies, which makes me wonder - who actually buys the double chocolate ones? Seems like with cookies, you either want them to be a bit chocolatey or as chocolatey as is humanly possible. Is there in fact a thriving market for chocolate centrism?

A THIRD WAY YOU SAY?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Have we had the inevitable "Turbo-Stalin Jeremy Corbyn very anti-Semitically makes nice statement about Captain Tom and the NHS, and then gets 9000 frothing replies about communist IRA Muslamic scum stealing Are Benefits"?

He is keeping his head down, so the space laser cant target him.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Ah the joyful feeling of complete political disenfranchisement. If I didn't like you lot so much I'd be very tempted to just disengage entirely and just read Scifi books for a year.

Wonder if we could convince the SNP to expand southwards and run in the North. Though I'm sure they are also entirely awful if I looked at them any closer than just what I see in the thread.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

Among the top recommendations is: “The use of the flag, veterans, dressing smartly at the war memorial etc give voters a sense of authentic values alignment.”

The donkey jacket strikes again

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Major policy recommendation: wearing a tie

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

flagfuckers really are just disgustingly pathetic people.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Major policy recommendation: wearing a tie
Where's that guardian header that even had a go at Corbyn for wearing a tie?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Triple chocolate chip isn't real, you can have single chocolate (regular cookie with chocolate in), or double chocolate (chocolate cookie with chocolate in). A chocolate cookie with chocolate and other chocolate in is still double chocolate.

I guess you could have a double chocolate cookie coated in chocolate, but I googled it, that's not what they're doing, they're just liars.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

triple chocolate have white chocolate chips in which some people don't like

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

triple chocolate have white chocolate chips in which some people don't like

Ah, heretics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Where's that guardian header that even had a go at Corbyn for wearing a tie?
Telegraph, but here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/02/tie-mark-ambition-jeremy-corbyn-alarmed-wearing-one-showed-craved/

I think the same guy wrote an article attacking him for not wearing a tie, but I can't find it