Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

is it gonna be a crime procedural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/andrewchen/status/1151496486028488705

maybe im reading this wrong maybe when american kids say they want to be vloggers what they really mean is that they want to be gay

Eh, it's not that different from kids back in the day wanting to be movie stars and rock stars. Problem is, not every kid is gonna be a YouTube Partner taking in millions, just like musicians and actors.

I actually met someone who gave up being in a band because he hated having to perform the same two or three hits they had to pay the bills.

Its like Brendon Urie from Panic at the Disco where he you can see him slowly hate his one hit wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LedFwisxLeo

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 15:06 on Feb 2, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Eh, it's not that different from kids back in the day wanting to be movie stars and rock stars. Problem is, not every kid is gonna be a YouTube Partner taking in millions, just like musicians and actors.

I actually met someone who gave up being in a band because he hated having to perform the same two or three hits they had to pay the bills.

Its like Brendon Urie from Panic at the Disco where he you can see him slowly hate his one hit wonder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LedFwisxLeo

Do parents have that talk with their kids about being youtube stars the way our parents talked to us about being athletes or rock stars?

A cursory glance at the state of things says no but I am ever the cynic.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

Do parents have that talk with their kids about being youtube stars the way our parents talked to us about being athletes or rock stars?

A cursory glance at the state of things says no but I am ever the cynic.

I doubt it, because it seems like there's a generational divide where parents barely even understand that youtube star is a thing you can be, let alone the implications of actually trying to become one

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
"You can't make a living playing video games all day."

Then, e sports and twitch streaming happened.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Is it really that odd that Chinese kids want to be a thing that their government pushes as cool and awesome and is touting as a point of national pride? Is it really that odd that American kids don't care about a thing their government doesn't give a poo poo about funding and tells them it's all done by robots now anyway?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lol at thinking that statistic gets posted as an indictment of the kids and not the society they live in

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Bootleg Trunks posted:

marilyn manson is in trouble now and it made me remember some weird interview with him ages ago where he really wanted the interviewer to know that he and his gf were having a ton of sex and i remember thinking that was a super weird thing for someone to push even for him and welp i guess he really was an abuser

then what was the point of having some of his ribs removed

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Wheeee posted:

lol at thinking that statistic gets posted as an indictment of the kids and not the society they live in

Turns out there is literally no limit to what liberals can attribute to personal responsibility when it is not them who are required to do anything about it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

they're doin war crimes on babylon 5 at the end of season 2, nuts!

this show is loving great

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
season finale of the expanse absolutely whipped rear end. what a note to end on

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is wandavsion actually good or is it just marvel fanboys creaming themselves over poo poo that's been done better elsewhere

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Is wandavsion actually good or is it just marvel fanboys creaming themselves over poo poo that's been done better elsewhere

follow your heart (it's door number 2)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1356621181630177280

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

it has a cute premise that it fails to do anything interesting or substantial with

it's not good, but it's also not as offensively terrible as most of the MCU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

thank loving god

this season really should have been 8 episodes long though

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 04:01 on Feb 3, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Egg Moron posted:

they're doin war crimes on babylon 5 at the end of season 2, nuts!

this show is loving great

Oh yeah that's when poo poo start getting real.

What do you want?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Egg Moron posted:

thank loving god

this season really should have been 8 episodes long

last few moments are really something special though

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

THEY loving KILLED ALEX! WHAT THE gently caress

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

strong finish to kind of a meandering season. loving dope rear end fight with the roci and the belters.

Egg Moron posted:

the actor has like 40 women accusing him of sex crimes

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bootleg Trunks posted:

i think this is going to apply to all disney+ tv shows, from the mandalorian to whatever's next.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Dreylad posted:

strong finish to kind of a meandering season. loving dope rear end fight with the roci and the belters.

the actor has like 40 women accusing him of sex crimes

i thought they'd power through that to get 10 more episodes in the can

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Egg Moron posted:

i thought they'd power through that to get 10 more episodes in the can

apparently not. they actually cut him out of the season some too:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

sucks from a story standpoint but whatareyougonnado

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when he got accused i went trawling through old posts about the expanse and there were people telling anecdotes about running into him at cons like 2 years before the allegations blew up. he'd been at it for a minute.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

drummer deserves a better girlfriend

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

oh my god lol

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1356651071477739521

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

lmao

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Egg Moron posted:

lol i was wondering how they were gonna get do the necessary and get him outta there all season and it still caught me so off-guard i could only laugh, especially with the follow-up shot with new dude drinking from his cup.

decent season, good ending, looking forward to moving on from The Passion of Naomi Nagata

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

never not double down on the internet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It seems like Legion has been collectively forgotten so WandaVision can be the first "experimental" superhero show.

The one episode of Legends of Tomorrow I have seen was also a sitcom homage.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

call me ptonomy, cuz i’ll never forget

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Legion owned until it got really really stupid. and even then Farouk still owned

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
legion season 1 is up there with best superhero adaptations imo. after that it was all downhill.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this is wild wild ride. great Content.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

Legion owned until it got really really stupid. and even then Farouk still owned

i still haven't watched the final episode bc the show went so far up its own rear end but drat was Farouk an absolute king the second he showed up on screen

i dont recall seeing Navid Negahban in anything else but just saw that he was also Sala on Castlevania, another show that owns (shame about the creator tho)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dreylad posted:

agreed, though I like the season more in retrospect now that I realize it wasn't about the crew defeating Marco Inaros, it was just about them surviving the different parts of his plan

Bro Dad posted:

drummer deserves a better girlfriend

also agreed, I couldn't stand that character but then again I can't stand most characters that are only there to prevent cool characters from doing stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I'm enjoying it, but I enjoy the MCU and comic books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mirello posted:

legion season 1 is up there with best superhero adaptations imo. after that it was all downhill.

As weird and dumb at times as Season 2 was, the fight at the end of season 2 and Farouk in general was just amazing.