Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
How are so many people in this thread getting vaccinated? Everybody old?

I'm eleven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's incredibly dumb because it's picking a fight on ground that Labour literally never can beat the Tories on. Everyone in Britain knows that flag-waving, poppy-brandishing, Spitfire-worshipping thing belongs to the Tories and they'll always Poppy harder than Labour can.

The only outcome will be smirking interviewers peppering sweating shadow front bench nonentities with questions like: "So exactly how much does your heart swell when you see the Union Flag fluttering in the breeze?" and they'll respond with how their heart literally bursts out of their chests with pride and absolitely everyone watching will know what utter cynical nonsense they're spouting.
I have a suggestion. So the Unionists like the Union Flag and the Queen's flag with the cats on, and the nats either like the various crosses that make up the flag or they hate everything to do with it depending on what type. So Kieth needs to stay the central route and go with a flag that in theory nobody should have any strong views on but in practice would slightly annoy everyone.

thespaceinvader posted:

I got jabbed with Pfizer on Friday, wife's getting hers on Saturday.

SHoulder is stilla tiny bit tender, but the worst of the side effects were doen by sunday and they weren't bad.
I am still not a gay frog :mad:

BalloonFish posted:

a fair portion of people will google "British soldier" will find an image of a 25-year old lance corporal in PCS 'casual' camo wearing a beret and armed with a standard SA80
Since the start of this year you'll probably even get a bunch more like

which fair enough pointing people which way to go and making sure some qanan twat doesn't try to tip all the vaccines over is more productive than 99% of what hollywood movie beret mans get up to but it's not the look the memes are going for.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I stole a slot from some old man who was in the Bahamas or something.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm eleven

I think quite a few medical or health care associated or other essential key workers.
I'm old and I'm not expecting to be called up until April or May.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I have a suggestion. So the Unionists like the Union Flag and the Queen's flag with the cats on, and the nats either like the various crosses that make up the flag or they hate everything to do with it depending on what type. So Kieth needs to stay the central route and go with a flag that in theory nobody should have any strong views on but in practice would slightly annoy everyone.

yawroN having suffered a serious head wound.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Guavanaut posted:

Ah, the noble flag of No Iceland. :iceland:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Spangly A posted:

I went looking around after this when Pfizer started going ballistic at the suggestion, and I found immunology professors and researchers in America suggesting it as far back as late october, early november. Apparently adenovirus-delivered vaccines for ebola worked better with unequal doses or a longer delay, so AZ included a just-significant sized group to see if the results repeated the effect.

I think the tories just did exactly what they were told, tbh. It really looks like once Cummings was finally gone, SAGE showed the government something that genuinely terrified them. They've not really hosed up in a while, and they're u-turning back into safety within the same day of every twat mouthing off. Even if it's Boris himself.

Mate things are so bad we have the highest proportional death toll in the world because the Tories didn't want to completely cancel Christmas and loads of people are at unsafe workplaces. Nothing's literally on fire at the moment but that's because it's cold, wet and most people are thinking their job might survive the pandemic.

Edit: I got a vaccine because I work for the NHS and put myself on a reserve list in case there were slots going empty.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Found what goddamnedtwisto has been up to instead of huge posts about post offices.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm eleven

Not even close. My 70s yo mother in NI hasn't heard poo poo about her getting it, some 80yo friends are saying they haven't been notified either.
Seems the west of NI is getting the usual leftovers from the east.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Actually my current squeeze is Dyson Sphere Project but I hit "Buy" on that so quickly I think my finger actually broke the speed of sound.

Did I ever promise a post office post? TBH I'm fairly sure I've long since exhausted the subject with the only two interesting facts about it - that the GPO building was once famous enough that the CLR station outside St. Pauls was actually called "Post Office" when it opened (and of course Jago Hazzard has done a video about it) and the existence of Mail Rail (and the possibility it was to be used to evacuate the royals and upper government in the event of nuclear war).

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

sinky posted:

Going to win the votes back with flegs, nationalism and smart suits :cripes:

This is actually extremely good news. Not because of Keith’s dogshit strategy, but because the Guardian has unambiguously come out against it, and a bit more ambiguously, though still significantly, against Starmer himself.

Losing support of the Guardian is a huge blow.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

at this point the only thing that makes sense is that he has a dead kid fetish

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What... spirit is it that has made us the envy of the world exactly?

Is it gin?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Comrade Fakename posted:

This is actually extremely good news. Not because of Keith’s dogshit strategy, but because the Guardian has unambiguously come out against it, and a bit more ambiguously, though still significantly, against Starmer himself.

Losing support of the Guardian is a huge blow.

In the article, Labour weakly try to deny that they're running this strategy but they blatantly are: we've been talking in this thread for a bit that Keith's forever appearing with flags and poppys and poo poo in the background when he does interviews.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So its clear the focus groups are full of middle class wankers who want their kids out the house but dont want to go back to the office themselves.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Is it gin?
christmas past

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

serious gaylord posted:

So its clear the focus groups are full of middle class wankers who want their kids out the house but dont want to go back to the office themselves.

Err... Yes. This is bad and... We shouldn't want this.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Can't believe nobody's posted this classic yet tonight

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-ports-brexit-eu-loyalists-b1796317.html

So yeah this isn't good news.
But hey, spirit that is the envy of the world, right?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I feel even @dril is tired of being referenced

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Question IRL posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/northern-ireland-ports-brexit-eu-loyalists-b1796317.html

So yeah this isn't good news.
But hey, spirit that is the envy of the world, right?

This is going to be loving chaos.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Did I ever promise a post office post?
I'm sure that you mentioned a big post of some sort between unusual train propulsion and the walking tour of London project, but I can't recall the topic exactly.

OwlFancier posted:

Is it gin?
The spirit of innovation. Which is what we'll be drinking if both Ireland and Scotland cut off sales.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

at this point the only thing that makes sense is that he has a dead kid fetish
I will personally put EVERY child into a plague pit by the end of the year. With a flag.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

christmas past

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Is it gin?

Gin is actually Dutch originally.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

kustomkarkommando posted:

The donkey jacket strikes again

A sense of authentic values alignment lol

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I love that!

I read this rather good letter which made me think of the free speech argument we had here a few weeks ago.

https://lettersofnote.com/2016/02/02/every-ounce-of-my-energy/

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

this and the human poppy man thing have broken me

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

stev posted:

I think it was the Tesco Christmas ad. Drove me mental every time.

"I did a charity bake sale though!"
"Your crimes against Tom are forgiven, heathen."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CfrpexaCwg&t=33s

lol this country is loving diseased

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

What in the actual gently caress

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Was chatting to my mam about that ad earlier & she thought I was taking the piss and made it up.

Diseased to the core.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Want to forsake this benighted land?
Various science/tech/mechanics/boatperson jobs in Antarctica (and some in Cambridge).

https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/vacancies/

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

sebzilla posted:

Can't believe nobody's posted this classic yet tonight

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

TBF if dril was posted every time it would be appropriate the thread would be nothing but dril tweets.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
like i had a fair idea keir would be poo poo but :stare:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

thespaceinvader posted:

TBF if dril was posted every time it would be appropriate the thread would be nothing but dril tweets.

You're right, that WOULD be better

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I'm sure that you mentioned a big post of some sort between unusual train propulsion and the walking tour of London project, but I can't recall the topic exactly.

I've got three drafts sitting unfinished at the minute, with reasons they're unfinished:

- Secret tunnels (bit hard to get pictures of, also went down a rabbit hole (heh) researching them without really finishing)
- Spy buildings (got good pictures, just kept changing my mind about how I wanted to lay it out - it was this one that actually got the walking blog idea in my head and so I never went back to it)
- Non-council mass house building (mostly just a rant about how much I hated bay windows, started boring even myself with it)

I've also now got three walking blogs in draft:

- Mile End Road (finished and recorded but not edited (and really needing rerecording because my mic is utter poo poo, was hoping for Amazon vouchers for Christmas to get one but I suppose I'll have to pay for it myself)
- Brick Lane and Commercial Street (written but not recorded)
- Battle of Cable Street (outlined, but I need to do a bit more research)

and plans for 4 more (London Docks/Wapping, around the City walls, and a two-parter down the river from the Tower to Parliament) and a vague idea of doing at least some of the spy buildings and secret tunnels in a walk around Westminster but that needs a lot more work.

I've put all these on the back burner over Christmas because obviously I had other stuff on and frankly I *hate* the sound of my own voice so editing was just a chore. I've got a vague plan to start releasing them in the spring when people are more likely to want to walk and also I've got a better idea of exactly *how* I'm going to release them (really should chat to the podcast peeps about that). Oh and also I'll need to kill Jago Hazard before I dare release them, obviously.

Anyway this is just nudging me to get some of them done, but some utter bastard just alerted me to the existence of a game that lets me put public transport where it's *supposed* to be in London so there's no loving chance they'll see the light of day before autumn.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

The worst part of this ad is that I think the voice over is done by someone famous, but I can’t place who, and if I do find out who it is, I’ll hate them. Maybe Ben Bailey Smith?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

https://mobile.twitter.com/Noontide108/status/1356692095675826176

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

like i had a fair idea keir would be poo poo but :stare:
When limp fascism comes to Britain, it will be wrapped in the fleg and carrying kids back into unsafe schools. And wearing one of those double ties from the second Back to the Future film. With a poppy motif.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

- Non-council mass house building (mostly just a rant about how much I hated bay windows, started boring even myself with it)
I think this was the one I was thinking of, I remember something about whole streets made of sheet asbestos and plasterboard, but I may be getting confused with flat roof pubchat.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Anyway this is just nudging me to get some of them done, but some utter bastard just alerted me to the existence of a game that lets me put public transport where it's *supposed* to be in London so there's no loving chance they'll see the light of day before autumn.
It's not like we'll be able to walk around London before then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Want to forsake this benighted land?
Various science/tech/mechanics/boatperson jobs in Antarctica (and some in Cambridge).

https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/vacancies/

I checked but they don't want to hire Antarctica's first ever dedicated wrestling watcher so gently caress the BAS's shocking lack of vision

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

I checked but they don't want to hire Antarctica's first ever dedicated wrestling watcher so gently caress the BAS's shocking lack of vision

"shocking lack of vision" - they're not that bad. I got to deliver a presentation on my research there (Cambridge not Antarctica) and have a round table discussion and some of their researchers cited mine in their papers.
When I graduated (81) I wanted to work in Antarctica but they didn't recruit women then :qq: because they "didn't have suitable toilets". THAT was shocking lack of vision. I could have been down there, counting muons or neutrinos or something.
Or digging up that plastic-eating bug that's been buried under antarctic ice for millenia but now, disturbed by science, surfaces and starts eating things with plastic in them (a story I remember every time the news does some wow article on how wonderful, we've discovered a plastic eating bug. I read that book, it didn't end well.)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The neutrino observatory was rendered obsolete by the invention of toby young, who has a head so thick and a braincase so cavernous that it excludes all other emissions and neutrino collisions can be observed as they manifest in him tweeting.