Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fools Infinite posted:

Snow Day

It’s a Long-Term Goal

An Extra Day of Funbruary!

Nobody Notices My Hidden Genius

And this is where it looks like Reginald lost a curved parrot beak and it just became pointed like a small songbird. I was wondering when that would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

marshmallow creep posted:

If this is the future, where's my cum-vision, dammit?

we've all got telephones-cum-vision... we just don't have telephone cum vision

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

DICK DOOR

This comic just keeps on giving

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

:lol:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phthisis posted:

goons love the meat tank title :colbert:
Changing the thread title would make me stop singing children love the meat tank every day

Splicer has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Feb 2, 2021

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

"Children love the mpreg" would accommodate both, with the added bonus of being incomprehensible to anyone not already reading the thread.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zil posted:

What about a pregnant meat tank?
For the last time it's called a uterus

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In case anyone is wondering these are fake old comics, riffing off of how webcomic guy Adam Ellis got caught plagiarizing and tried to get out of it by saying it was a remake of an old comic. Which turned out to be him making a fake screenshot of his archive.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

muscles like this! posted:

In case anyone is wondering these are fake old comics, riffing off of how webcomic guy Adam Ellis got caught plagiarizing and tried to get out of it by saying it was a remake of an old comic. Which turned out to be him making a fake screenshot of his archive.

Oh? He got caught plagiarizing? I saw the thing where he accused some people of plagiarizing his stuff

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Len posted:

Oh? He got caught plagiarizing? I saw the thing where he accused some people of plagiarizing his stuff

Not only that, but apparently his fans have started harassing the person he plagiarized, over a comic they did near a decade or more ago, because he is trying to cover his own rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You can make the case that Steve loves despair since he had obviously completely gave up on loving anyone else.
In order to save the world Steve has to get intense therapy, get involved in the local community and adopt a few pets.
Someone can make a cheerful novel out of this.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Was SMBC always terrible and I just grew to realize it, or did it become terrible? I can't tell anymore.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

ikanreed posted:

Was SMBC always terrible and I just grew to realize it, or did it become terrible? I can't tell anymore.

The former.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I miss the old one panel SMBC

That comic will be 15 years old in June

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That SMBC is as old to us now as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze was when that comic was first put on the intenet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I miss the old one panel SMBC

That comic will be 15 years old in June
This is my actual all-time favorite smbc, you have good taste.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like the one about optimizing Superman.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

I;m Thinking About Thos Meats

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

healthcliff should just go to arbies.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Why would he be wearing anything?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Beachcomber posted:

Why would he be wearing anything?

You ever drop hot pocket goo on your junk?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is my actual all-time favorite smbc, you have good taste.

Thank you! You also, because it is the best one

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

muscles like this! posted:

What the gently caress? That sounds completely insane.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

And Behold, It Was Wonderful and Good

Is Anyone Looking to Hire Someone Who is Great at Cereal Marketing? Because I’m Your Guy

This is Known as Threatvertising

Okay. I Didn’t Want to Say This, but Your Cereal Tastes like Beets and Nobody Wants to Eat It

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fools Infinite posted:

Is Anyone Looking to Hire Someone Who is Great at Cereal Marketing? Because I’m Your Guy

This is Known as Threatvertising

Okay. I Didn’t Want to Say This, but Your Cereal Tastes like Beets and Nobody Wants to Eat It

Wizards: no sense of right and wrong

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

marshmallow creep posted:

Not only that, but apparently his fans have started harassing the person he plagiarized, over a comic they did near a decade or more ago, because he is trying to cover his own rear end.

God this whole thing is a hilarious clusterfuck of drama.

Just to fill in people and so everyone has a complete picture.

Adam Ellis makes this tweet, about some indie film makers who took his comic shot for shot and turned it into a movie without ever asking for his permission. The film makers literally admitted to it in interviews saying they were 'inspired' by a webcomic but never actually crediting Ellis. The movie has basically been pulled from everywhere at this point, but this is only the beginning.
https://twitter.com/moby_dickhead/status/1356347686497218561

Prolific Pen Comics makes this tweet accusing Ellis of plagiarizing a comic of his
https://twitter.com/ProPenComics/status/1356382841517445121

Ellis makes this now deleted tweet saying that it was based on an old comic from 2012

The problem is this comic exists nowhere and archive.org shows only 1 comic on his site from that date and it's something entirely different. Also that comic isn't really in the style he was using at the time. The only explanation is that Ellis inexplicably drew a fake comic and tried to fake a source as an old comic of his.

The thing is, this isn't the first time this has even come up. This tweet is from 2019, where where ProPen mentions Ellis apologizing him and trying to put it behind them.
https://twitter.com/ProPenComics/status/1083063360344608768
Since then, every time Ellis complains about any kind of plagiarism ProPenComics gets in the comments making remarks like this:
https://twitter.com/ProPenComics/status/1106763452779884546

And of course now people are replying to ProPen comics with this comic

That he plagiarised with this comic

Good times

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Comics drama is the reality shows of the 2020s

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Isn't he also the guy that made up a bunch of ghost stories on Twitter and decided to pretend are real after they became popular?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I've just been waiting for something terrible to come out about Adam Ellis for years and I can't be the only one. This isn't good enough.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've just been waiting for something terrible to come out about Adam Ellis for years and I can't be the only one. This isn't good enough.

You can just dislike thing for no reason y'know.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ikanreed posted:

man, i remember when it used to be good

can't really think of another comic that took such a dive in quality

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Garrand posted:

God this whole thing is a hilarious clusterfuck of drama.

Just to fill in people and so everyone has a complete picture.

Adam Ellis makes this tweet, about some indie film makers who took his comic shot for shot and turned it into a movie without ever asking for his permission. The film makers literally admitted to it in interviews saying they were 'inspired' by a webcomic but never actually crediting Ellis. The movie has basically been pulled from everywhere at this point, but this is only the beginning.
https://twitter.com/moby_dickhead/status/1356347686497218561

Prolific Pen Comics makes this tweet accusing Ellis of plagiarizing a comic of his
https://twitter.com/ProPenComics/status/1356382841517445121

Ellis makes this now deleted tweet saying that it was based on an old comic from 2012

The problem is this comic exists nowhere and archive.org shows only 1 comic on his site from that date and it's something entirely different. Also that comic isn't really in the style he was using at the time. The only explanation is that Ellis inexplicably drew a fake comic and tried to fake a source as an old comic of his.

The thing is, this isn't the first time this has even come up. This tweet is from 2019, where where ProPen mentions Ellis apologizing him and trying to put it behind them.
https://twitter.com/ProPenComics/status/1083063360344608768
Since then, every time Ellis complains about any kind of plagiarism ProPenComics gets in the comments making remarks like this:
https://twitter.com/ProPenComics/status/1106763452779884546

And of course now people are replying to ProPen comics with this comic

That he plagiarised with this comic

Good times

lmao

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Fools Infinite posted:

Isn't he also the guy that made up a bunch of ghost stories on Twitter and decided to pretend are real after they became popular?

What does this even mean, aren't all ghost stories made up?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

The Moon Monster posted:

What does this even mean, aren't all ghost stories made up?

I mean some people think they happened to them when the night terrors get really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ChubbyChecker posted:

man, i remember when it used to be good

can't really think of another comic that took such a dive in quality

The three stages of comics turning into literal poo poo shat out of a bumhole:

1) Comic
2) Edgar P. Jacobs comic
3) I'M loving ALAN MOORE