Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

You can tell when Griffin is actually excited and in his zone bc he calls Justin 'juice'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Justin and Griffin have such a different energy when they're not with Clint or Travis. If they weren't good boys, they'd be getting into a lot of trouble together.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sankara posted:

Justin is very good at egging on his brothers.

That's the same energy as the futurama "every religion is wrong" joke.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pennsylvanian posted:

Justin and Griffin have such a different energy when they're not with Clint or Travis. If they weren't good boys, they'd be getting into a lot of trouble together.

They tend to have a more playful dynamic because they've worked together in video games journalism for over a decade.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

sticklefifer posted:

They tend to have a more playful dynamic because they've worked together in video games journalism for over a decade.

I wonder how much of it is “oldest sibling + youngest sibling” dynamic vs “oldest sibling + middle sibling” and “middle sibling + youngest sibling”.

Like this is entirely unscientific, but in my experience all the adult sibling pairs I know with big age gaps/that come from families with more than two kids, get along way better than they do with their middles/siblings much closer in age to them. Both my mom and my dad have had that sort of relationship with their siblings.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My older brother is 4 years ahead, my younger brother is just a year and a half. I got along with my younger brother a lot better, as a data point.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

sexpig by night posted:

"Then we get to pick our faith, no chance to get in trouble here, Juice!"

"Just pick the funniest faith."

Man I was worried Monster Factory was spinning its gears last time but jesus this was a banger.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

BrendianaJones posted:

I remember reading a book of riddles as a kid that was full of things like this, where you would have no way of guessing the right answer unless you had information that wasn't included in the actual riddle.

A whole week late, but I also had a couple of these. The ones I had were more like “read with me” books for slightly older kids—basically, each riddle was a game of 20 questions to teach kids deductive reasoning.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If he had seen the sawdust, he would still be alive. Why?

The person in question was a professional dwarf in a circus side show who was also blind. One of his coworkers was playing a prank on him by shaving down the end of his cane every day to make him think he was growing taller and would soon lose his job in the sideshow. In despair, he took his own life.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

The person in question was a professional dwarf in a circus side show who was also blind. One of his coworkers was playing a prank on him by shaving down the end of his cane every day to make him think he was growing taller and would soon lose his job in the sideshow. In despair, he took his own life.

gently caress whoever came up with these riddles, goddamn

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

flavor.flv posted:

oh yeah this is riddle me piss as hell

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hey Riddle Riddle does stuff like that, and maybe even that exact one, a lot. They're called "stories with holes" and everybody hates them.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Hey Riddle Riddle does stuff like that, and maybe even that exact one, a lot. They're called "stories with holes" and everybody hates them.

Growing up we had a “board” game (no actual board was involved) that was essentially a “stories with holes” detective game where one person actually had more background and you could ask them yes/no questions to figure out the full story. I couldn’t imagine “playing” that without the additional information.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Clint owns in the latest episode.

He sucks so bad in the best way.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Growing up we had a “board” game (no actual board was involved) that was essentially a “stories with holes” detective game where one person actually had more background and you could ask them yes/no questions to figure out the full story. I couldn’t imagine “playing” that without the additional information.

Yeah, at some point it seems this kind of thought exercise got separated from the "yes or no questions" part so it turned into some impossible task. They really don't work if no one knows the answer.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I had a similar, if not the exact same, thing. A box of square cards that had "rules for play" but was otherwise not a game at all. All with lovely stories about Sid Shady and detective Shadow. I think it was called Mind Trap and a friend and I would torture each other with it when we ran out of things to do hanging out.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Shinjobi posted:

Clint owns in the latest episode.

He sucks so bad in the best way.

Travis getting completely stymied by a janitor costume had real Flaming Raging Poisoning Sword of Doom acquisition energy and I really enjoyed that.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Zutaten posted:

Travis getting completely stymied by a janitor costume had real Flaming Raging Poisoning Sword of Doom acquisition energy and I really enjoyed that.

To this day, I still think that Taako failed that roll but Griffin went with it because it was too good not to.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1356349272967544839?s=20

Not gonna lie, I like just about all of these

EDIT: also lmao Justin follows Munch Squad this week with something worse

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 2, 2021

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Jesus Christ. Tap out at the money zone this week. The munch squad has potential, but the brothers positions are awful, "the two options are it's either tuna, or the guy suing subway set up a fake lab to say it's not tuna"

Then Justin just plays the audio for the mighty ducks and shills the show. No jokes. Griffin calls him on it, but it still sucked

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Nah, the Star Wars yahoo was good and Justin cracking up at force Sandwich was classic.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My favorite part of the episode was Griffin completely shutting down Justin’s Mighty Ducks thing, other than that I really don’t even remember anything else in the episode and I just listened to it last night lol

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If Travis keeps workshopping this character every week then I'm just gonna skip the ads, no matter how many jokes they squeeze in there

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Tears In A Vial posted:

Jesus Christ. Tap out at the money zone this week.
I actually liked everything after the money zone much better than the stuff before, but I listened to the different halves at different times of the day so I was possibly just in A Mood. Subjectivity!

Maybe I was just happy to have a munch squad that wasn't just repeating adjectives from a press release for a new cheeto flavored slurpee or whatever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The munch squad wasn't too terrible but goddamn that mighty ducks thing was just a lead weight

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

I actually liked everything after the money zone much better than the stuff before, but I listened to the different halves at different times of the day so I was possibly just in A Mood. Subjectivity!

Maybe I was just happy to have a munch squad that wasn't just repeating adjectives from a press release for a new cheeto flavored slurpee or whatever.

I was hyped for at least a new angle on the munch squad, but when he just started reading their entire press release defense anyway I just gave up. It was so long and not funny.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't be offended if Clint got brought in as the Guest Justin.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Catching up on the last few weeks and boy as someone who listens to neither Dave Matthews or John Mayer, this quiz with no jokes is radio gold

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The “I was horny in the aughts” or whatever quip from that but was real good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Travis had a lot of good one-liners this week.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
What on earth was Justin even trying to do with that Mighty Ducks thing? Like there was nothing even unusual or weird or funny about the trailer it was just a very typical boring trailer for a mediocre-sounding movie sequel.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I think he was going for a "big reveal" gag, that the trailer was for a Mighty Ducks reboot, but, also, that's not that funny even if it had landed, and it mathematically opposite of landed

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah, I think he failed to take into account how incomprehensible the thing would be without visuals.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
it’s really too bad that much squad didn’t exist when Denny’s had that infamous Hobbit promo menu

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You mean it's a blessing

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

You mean it's a blessing

If you don’t want the brothers grappling with the implications of a ‘Gandalf’s Gobble’ or a ‘Hobbit Hole Breakfast Slam’ then I don’t know what to tell you

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Wasn’t the best episode ever mighty duck stuff was odd but they can’t all be bangers

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Entropic posted:

What on earth was Justin even trying to do with that Mighty Ducks thing?
probably something along the lines of "most of the episodes are about an hour long and the recording software currently shows a number less than that"

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I miss questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Eox posted:

I miss questions

they should either drop some of the bits and do more questions or drop the bits and the pretense of being an advice show and just be milquetoast cum town. Hearing the three just riff would be funnier than munch squad or any of travis's godawful bits