Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tomorrow is gonna be chill as gently caress. Gonna sip beer and watch like 3 movies while I put this together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rolo posted:

Tomorrow is gonna be chill as gently caress. Gonna sip beer and watch like 3 movies while I put this together.

I was thinking "how could that possibly take 3 movies to... 2600 pieces." sound like fun.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Jan 31, 2021

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

H110Hawk posted:

I was thinking "how could that possibly take 3 movies to... 2600 pieces." sound like fun.

Apparently the screen is a giant mechanical belt that also has Mario jump around. The Nintendo also opens and spring loads the cartridge.

https://youtu.be/oRrVwfp0CXg

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

You can do substantially worse at the price point. Drink safely!

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Rolo posted:

After a couple weeks of backorder, I just got the Bonsai and Flower Bouquet sets, gonna try to do the flowers tomorrow :3:

101 has become one of my 3 go-to bottles. I usually start the night with something fancier but after a couple drinks when I'm not exactly picking up nuance, 101 is perfect to finish out the night.

My other 2 go-to bottles are the Old Forrester 1920 and Michter's American Whiskey. Other stuff comes and goes but I replace any of those 3 bottles as soon as I finish one.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

You can do substantially worse at the price point. Drink safely!

You ain't the boss of me!

But yeah it is. I joke about my drinking habits but this will probably last me two months.

Lawen posted:

After a couple weeks of backorder, I just got the Bonsai and Flower Bouquet sets, gonna try to do the flowers tomorrow :3:

101 has become one of my 3 go-to bottles. I usually start the night with something fancier but after a couple drinks when I'm not exactly picking up nuance, 101 is perfect to finish out the night.

My other 2 go-to bottles are the Old Forrester 1920 and Michter's American Whiskey. Other stuff comes and goes but I replace any of those 3 bottles as soon as I finish one.

I like Buffalo Trace and Mellow Corn (technically not bourbon) also but am relatively new to bourbon. And still relatively new to whiskey for that matter! Picked up the habit a few years ago after spending many years convinced that I hated the stuff. Turns out that the people I hung out with in my early 20s only ever had the worst rotgut around and it weren't setting a good example.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

101 makes a really good old fashioned

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

H110Hawk posted:

I ended up getting the original trilogy on Blu Ray to watch while I build it. It’s pouring and 37 degrees outside.

Today is gonna be the best.

Green Nail Polish
Nov 15, 2020
New pair of black waterproof canvas boots. Should last at least five years, hoping for 15.

Scientists are saying that my blu-ray collection is going to be a lot more futuristic than they originally predicted.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rolo posted:

I ended up getting the original trilogy on Blu Ray to watch while I build it. It’s pouring and 37 degrees outside.

Today is gonna be the best.

PYF progress report.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Expensive dolls.

Iron Man and Thanos 1/6 scale figures by Hot Toys.

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Would using Nike brand socks for my seed be a cool flex?
I don't really have a picture, but Adobe suite was 30$ monthly for a year for anybody and I jumped on that pretty quick! It's giving me a chance to learn new and interesting editing software!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

If you enjoy bourbon neat, highly recommend checking out single barrel bottles from most distilleries. If not, try out a distillery tour and tasting—that’s where I really began to appreciate the differences in stuff, when you can sample different ones side by side :sun:

For content, bought some Kallax cubes at Ikea to better store records. Also picked up one of their pine hemnes bookshelves to go alongside it:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
You’ll be buying more Kallax soon just for board games. They’re pretty great shelves, mine survived two moves which is unheard of for ikea/mdf. They haven’t started sagging either despite the weight.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

For content, bought some Kallax cubes at Ikea to better store records. Also picked up one of their pine hemnes bookshelves to go alongside it:

FYI, apparently there's a right way and a wrong way to set those shelves up and it really matters if you load them up with records.

PSA: Please setup your expedits/kallaxs correctly.

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Got my Sinden Lightgun delivered today that I backed on Kickstarter back in May 2019.

Its USB and fully designed to work with modern TV's and monitors using Windows, Linux or a Raspberry Pi. No sensor bars or CRT TV required. Looking forward to loading up some Time Crisis and Duck Hunt this evening. Splashed out a bit more for one with a Solenoid for recoil feedback.

I imagine there will be another release on Kickstarter/Indiegogo at some point. If you're interested in how it can work on a modern TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kteEpF4m44g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo004_4xwU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I got a new phone, Motorola G9 Power, replacing my old Motorola G4+ that I've had since 2016. I hope this one will last as long.

In fact I would not have bought a new one but I needed NFC so I can read my glucose sensor with my phone and my old phone did not have it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

CheshireCat posted:

Expensive dolls.

Iron Man and Thanos 1/6 scale figures by Hot Toys.

*ahem* Tiny Stark.

OSU_Matthew posted:

If you enjoy bourbon neat, highly recommend checking out single barrel bottles from most distilleries. If not, try out a distillery tour and tasting—that’s where I really began to appreciate the differences in stuff, when you can sample different ones side by side :sun:

I would love to do that one of these days. Brewery hopping has always been one of my favorite things to do on vacations but we haven't been traveling for obvious reasons. :sigh:

Over time I've moved from 2 ice cubes, to 1, to just neat but that may change again in the summer. I keep my whiskey in the basement and we keep that at 55 degrees in the winter.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

His Divine Shadow posted:

I got a new phone, Motorola G9 Power, replacing my old Motorola G4+ that I've had since 2016. I hope this one will last as long.

In fact I would not have bought a new one but I needed NFC so I can read my glucose sensor with my phone and my old phone did not have it.

Hell yeah man. I have a G7 normal and I love these things.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Slavik posted:

Got my Sinden Lightgun delivered today that I backed on Kickstarter back in May 2019.

Its USB and fully designed to work with modern TV's and monitors using Windows, Linux or a Raspberry Pi. No sensor bars or CRT TV required. Looking forward to loading up some Time Crisis and Duck Hunt this evening. Splashed out a bit more for one with a Solenoid for recoil feedback.

I imagine there will be another release on Kickstarter/Indiegogo at some point. If you're interested in how it can work on a modern TV:

Kind of want to built a light gun arcade cab now?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Nephzinho posted:

Kind of want to built a light gun arcade cab now?

And suffer like G did?!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

And suffer like G did?!

This game was so much more fun once I got an auto-fire/auto-reload gun accessory for my dreamcast.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Slavik posted:

The Sinden is dope. I modded an Arcade 1Up a while back into a Simpsons cabinet. Thinking of doing another one with a NUC specifically for the Sinden.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

ForbiddenSock posted:

I don't really have a picture, but Adobe suite was 30$ monthly for a year for anybody and I jumped on that pretty quick! It's giving me a chance to learn new and interesting editing software!

Once the year is up, complain to Adobe that the new rate is unfair, or request a change to yearly billing and you get to keep the promo rate for another year

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Didn't necessarily buy this but it's a new old thing...

It belonged to my wife's parents. All I know about it is that it is old and beautiful. Gonna wipe it down, put it next to my old 40's console radio and enjoy it forever.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Also bought a hat...

https://www.bostonscally.com/products/the-lunchbox-boston-scally-cap

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Slavik posted:

Update: I bought the recoil edition and the cabinet holster lol. April delivery.

Slavik
May 10, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

Update: I bought the recoil edition and the cabinet holster lol. April delivery.

Nice, it's definitely worth it. Hope to build it into a cabinet too some day.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Dang I extremely wish I could justify the $110 to play House of the Dead 2, but it's extremely cool that this exists.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Humerus posted:

Dang I extremely wish I could justify the $110 to play House of the Dead 2, but it's extremely cool that this exists.

It's making me want to get that PS3 Namco gun out with the two sensors. Before that I hadn't played light gun games at home since the Super Scope for SNES, which prompted me to buy some third party blue Uzi for PS2 where the paint rubbed off on my skin after playing the first random game I found that supported it on the old CRT tv at my parents' house.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rolo posted:

My younger son just bought this for himself with Christmas money and it’s pretty loving cool. Good buy!

As for me, I just bought (made an offer which was accepted) ten acres of mountainside/top about 15 minutes from home for a camping/hunting/dirt biking property. It has a dirt “road” bisecting it and a flat pad where there used to be a camper or something but it’s essentially just woods. Plans are to put a small prefab cabin in with wood stove for heat and a rain barrel for water. Just a primitive place to go away for a weekend.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My younger son just bought this for himself with Christmas money and it’s pretty loving cool. Good buy!

As for me, I just bought (made an offer which was accepted) ten acres of mountainside/top about 15 minutes from home for a camping/hunting/dirt biking property. It has a dirt “road” bisecting it and a flat pad where there used to be a camper or something but it’s essentially just woods. Plans are to put a small prefab cabin in with wood stove for heat and a rain barrel for water. Just a primitive place to go away for a weekend.

That owns. Send pics!

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I started rollerblading again after a 20+ year break and am thoroughly enjoying being able to buy skates for myself rather than waiting all year for my birthday to come around like I had to in 1997. As far as mid-life crises go, it's quite a cheap / healthy one.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

McCracAttack posted:

FYI, apparently there's a right way and a wrong way to set those shelves up and it really matters if you load them up with records.

PSA: Please setup your expedits/kallaxs correctly.

That makes a lot of sense! Otherwise you’re relying on the dowels for all the weight... thankfully the instructions were clear enough I was hunky dorey, but good to know if I get another! Was tempted to rip down some plywood and build my own, but I’ve got too many unfinished projects as is :(

Now to find a good table for the room

Bottom Liner posted:

You’ll be buying more Kallax soon just for board games. They’re pretty great shelves, mine survived two moves which is unheard of for ikea/mdf. They haven’t started sagging either despite the weight.

That’s a :krad: space! That’s almost exactly what I’m hoping to mime - a place to play music, hangout and play board games, and have a good work area to sit down and do stuff like build Legos

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I am a 30 year old idiot with two arcade cabinets (and soon probably 3 with that drat light gun) so I called up the company that makes commercial arcade carpets and asked if they'd cut me a 4x6 area rug to put under them. Because they like money, they said yes. It's this pattern.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You gonna link us the company or what?!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

I am a 30 year old idiot with two arcade cabinets (and soon probably 3 with that drat light gun) so I called up the company that makes commercial arcade carpets and asked if they'd cut me a 4x6 area rug to put under them. Because they like money, they said yes. It's this pattern.

I imagine this isn't all that rare of a request.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tim Whatley posted:

this is gonna be sick with the blacklight on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

You gonna link us the company or what?!

The folks who are specifically making me an area rug, I emailed the address here at https://www.astrocarpetmills.com/

You can also get patterns like this at Lowes (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Joy-Carpets-Neon-Lights-12-ft-Textured-Fluorescent-Interior-Carpet/1000373003) or Flooring Inc per sq ft (https://www.flooringinc.com/searchresults.aspx#stq=neon%20lights&stp=1). However keep in mind that's just straight up carpet so there's no padding and if you cut it, it will be all frilled. At sq ft it's sold in a roll of 12'.

I believe the actual pattern holder is Joy Carpets because like 4 companies in the world actually run the entire carpeting industry
https://www.joycarpets.com/collections/neon-lights-broadloom-carpet

You can see it in action on YouTube by just basically typing in "arcade carpet," like this dude below. Most folks will do an entire room naturally, but I'm not really wanting to go that hardcore, so I'm stoked they can cut area rugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lA9b72G7yU