Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Spooner:

Scott Morrison mentioned hydrogen when he said it was his goal to set a goal to seek a goal for as close to net zero emissions as possible some time before or after 2050. I am assuming from the wind turbine staff that this is still too much for Spooner.

Hydrogen is tied to renewables, not some separate thing. Not something that is counter to it. It competes with battery tech as an answer to storage for renewable energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Hydrogen is tied to renewables, not some separate thing. Not something that is counter to it. It competes with battery tech as an answer to storage for renewable energy.
I think the Morrison government's plan is to create hydrogen using natural gas, so not so renewable. The wind turbine staff threw me but Spooner puts that on any new fangled power technology he hates (which is all of them).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jay Rust posted:

Does anyone here actually read this strip

I read it once, many years ago. That was one of my greatest mistakes.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Eli fukken rocks, I love that guy

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/criticism-of-courts-growing-top-court-on-contempt-case-against-comic-artist-rachita-taneja-2360242

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vib Rib posted:

Man it's so easy to say "nuh uh actually YOU'RE the fascists!" when you can just ignore whatever fascism actually is and say it's whatever you want it to be.
Fascism is any kind of censorship whatsoever! That's the heart of fascism! Don't believe history books and experts, trust me, a drunk cartoonist!

The sad thing is that it works. My grandparents' generation liberated concentration camps and helped defeat the Axis. Fast forward 70+ years, and there is a non-zero number of their children/grandchildren who honestly think that a fast sack of poo poo getting kicked off Twitter is "just like kristallnacht" and that "an-TEE-fuh" was just as bad as the fash in Charlottesville.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

ewiley posted:

What is the point he’s making with this? This is so far beyond A Thing Happened and just kinda wraps around to “I hate fat chicks and also vegans”

"I, Ted Rall, an actual hero, despise people being called heroes when they don't do anything heroic! This lady just threw herself across the children for no reason whatsoever because I, Ted Rall, an actual hero, do not understand the concept of 'debris'. Everyone knows the only dangerous part of a tornado is the winds picking you up and flinging you into the distance. They definitely don't pick up anything else and fling that around. That would be silly. So this dumbass lady thought she weighed so much that she could prevent the children from being picked up?! ABSURD! NOT A HERO! UNLIKE ME, TED RALL!"

(I was born and raised in a hurricane state and I have a memory of being in middle school a few days before a hurricane was due to hit and there'd been this news story about some guy who declared he was going to tie himself to a palm tree and ride out the hurricane outside just to prove he could. My teacher called him an idiot and I'd asked why. Palm trees don't fall over during hurricanes, so wasn't he going to be safe? My teacher laughed at me. "It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. Tying yourself to a tree won't stop you from being impaled on a stop sign." I'm sure anyone raised in a tornado state learned more or less the same lesson.)

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 3, 2021

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I can't wait until this is real

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Things like this make me wonder what conservatives think about their Trump vote. Was it not a choice to them?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

GO TO HELL.

BIG TED HELL'S

AMERICA'S FILTHIEST AND EXCLUSIVE HOME OF THE MEANEST SONS OF BITCHES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, GUARANTEED!!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

That famous "anxious, ashamed, under pressure" color of calming green.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

good

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Can't be real. The Trumper is correctly wearing a mask. isn't spouting insane 'Q' bullshit and isn't demanding to speak to a manager.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Maybe don't go to Marxist's Munchies for your groceries if you're a Trump voter then. I'm sure Walmart will still accept your filthy money.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CuwiKhons posted:

"I, Ted Rall, an actual hero, despise people being called heroes when they don't do anything heroic! This lady just threw herself across the children for no reason whatsoever because I, Ted Rall, an actual hero, do not understand the concept of 'debris'. Everyone knows the only dangerous part of a tornado is the winds picking you up and flinging you into the distance. They definitely don't pick up anything else and fling that around. That would be silly. So this dumbass lady thought she weighed so much that she could prevent the children from being picked up?! ABSURD! NOT A HERO! UNLIKE ME, TED RALL!"

(I was born and raised in a hurricane state and I have a memory of being in middle school a few days before a hurricane was due to hit and there'd been this news story about some guy who declared he was going to tie himself to a palm tree and ride out the hurricane outside just to prove he could. My teacher called him an idiot and I'd asked why. Palm trees don't fall over during hurricanes, so wasn't he going to be safe? My teacher laughed at me. "It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. Tying yourself to a tree won't stop you from being impaled on a stop sign." I'm sure anyone raised in a tornado state learned more or less the same lesson.)

Exactly, high wind speeds can turn basically anything into deadly projectiles.

Oh no! Consequences for the choices you've made! Maybe, I dunno, not vote for a Nazi?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

lol at the idea of a minimum wage cashier being the one to reject the Trump voter, instead of being expected to suck up to everyone so matter how much of a jerk they're being

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don’t know the source of that cartoon, it might just be a parody, but it’s an authentic idea that I’ve read so many times in conservative political cartoons about all kinds of things like voting, hobbies, religion and so on. It makes me think they have a completely different conception of what choices mean.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don’t know the source of that cartoon, it might just be a parody, but it’s an authentic idea that I’ve read so many times in conservative political cartoons about all kinds of things like voting, hobbies, religion and so on. It makes me think they have a completely different conception of what choices mean.

He has helpfully provided his twitter handle in the cartoon and I'm happy (?) to report he's actually just a loving chud.

https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1353717466539683846

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It’s like, some choices are presented as a sacred act that defines yourself as a person but others just don’t matter. It’s so bizarre.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

CuwiKhons posted:

He has helpfully provided his twitter handle in the cartoon and I'm happy (?) to report he's actually just a loving chud.

Wow gently caress off

E: not you CuwiKhons

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

Space Jam remake looking awful.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

As always, it's projection. Trump voters creamed their pants after he won at the thought of getting to bully the hated libs with impunity. Just like how Obama was going to declare martial law and cancel the election, which is bad, but when Trump was going to do it it was good.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

All these sports gender purity chuds would disappear if integrated sports leagues become a thing, right?
Is this a thing I can expect to see anytime soon?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

All these sports gender purity chuds would disappear if integrated sports leagues become a thing, right?

I doubt it is going to happen anytime soon.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

I think the Morrison government's plan is to create hydrogen using natural gas, so not so renewable. The wind turbine staff threw me but Spooner puts that on any new fangled power technology he hates (which is all of them).

Probably from coal gassification, so that we can keep mining coal. in real terms though hydrogen energy is better sourced from renewable energy powered electrolysers. I guess their plan is Hydrogen to the node.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

By popular demand posted:

Pretty sure they're fundamentally opposed to integrated sports leagues because their entire argument is 'men are just biologically superior to women and there's nothing we can do about it so it'd be unfair to women.'

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
sports is basically the only area where sex discrimination isn't immediately dismissable as completely stupid so of loving course the terfs keep going back to that well

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure final authority on racism and never an enemy of conservatives anywhere MLK Jr. said "judging people for the content of their character means you're basically hitler."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure final authority on racism and never an enemy of conservatives anywhere MLK Jr. said "judging people for the content of their character means you're basically hitler."
That’s why I wonder if, to this guy at least, voting for Trump isn’t a reflection of one’s character. Maybe it’s related to the idea that “politics” can be separated from who somebody is as a person.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 3, 2021

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: If Previous Presidents Reacted to Crises the Way Biden Is to the Covid Economic Crash

Ted Rall posted:

Even if Joe Biden’s proposed economic stimulus package were to pass intact, it is way too small to have an impact and truly help out. In comparison, it is less than 1/4 per capita relative to unemployment than the package that failed under Barack Obama. This is a Band-Aid on a gaping wound. And that’s before the Republicans get to it.

First Dog on the Moon: Come on down to Conspiracy Craig's 24hr Disinformation Warehouse!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: If Previous Presidents Reacted to Crises the Way Biden Is to the Covid Economic Crash

All three of these portrayals would be completely unrecognizable without context. That might be the worst drawing of FDR I've ever seen.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is that supposed to be Kennedy on the right?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

ooh! oooh! now do trump and that....you know...thing, can't quite put my finger on it, but i think it's related to the economic "crisis" in some way...what the heck was that

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kenndy, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Homer Simpson...they all look pretty much alike?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Ted Rall lives in the Planet of the Apes reality with chimpanzee Lincoln I guess?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That's funny. I'm not anti-vaccine but I am anti-Lethal injections.

By which I mean I think people should get vaccines and that we shouldn't have a Death Penalty.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Fister Roboto posted:

All three of these portrayals would be completely unrecognizable without context. That might be the worst drawing of FDR I've ever seen.

Also I'm pretty sure he originally meant to have FDR in the center panel but forgot/changed his mind halfway through and awkwardly changed it to Lincoln sitting in a NotWheelchair for no real reason.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Could someone from 8chan please "leak" a super secret memo wherein Biden says he hopes none of the trump voters get the vaccine so they all die of covid

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Trapezium Dave posted:

1. FDR was asking Congress to vote on a war declaration in that speech (he already had the votes, the speech just guaranteed unanimity).
2. Lincoln asked the Senate to convene a special session after the attack on Fort Sumter. I don't...what?
3. The project Kennedy was pitching in the we choose to go to the moon speech was a joint project with the USSR that failed. The speech itself wasn't very effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Ohh, this is the same artist that did the comic where we see a girl crying about his grandmother passing away from COVID, and then the last panel shows a doctor and several nurses dancing! This was a criticism of a viral tiktok video where medical workers dance.