Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well yeah, that was deliberately obfuscated by Capcom. Because Mike Tyson was in prison for rape at the time.

But they couldn’t do something sensible and just give the character another name, they had to play musical chairs with the names and confuse people for the rest of time.
I just feel like I should've figured it out earlier. I mean, it rhymes so obviously and it's about as subtle as a soft drink named Boca-Bola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vega always made more sense for the Spanish fighter, considering it's an actual Spanish word/name.

lol at the FGC purists who say "Boxer," "Claw," and "Dictator"

Cardiovorax posted:

I just feel like I should've figured it out earlier. I mean, it rhymes so obviously and it's about as subtle as a soft drink named Boca-Bola.

Samuel Hayden...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why’d poor Vega get tied up in all of this? Or Claw if that’s what you want to call him

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ometeotl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdwafYDlXtU

They're doing more than they let on for some reason

Seems pretty much exactly what they said they were going to do. Shine it up but barely change anything. 99% of this stuff is graphics changes. She even said they weren't going to fix the inventory issues in ME1. No pinnacle station. (which is dumb, but whatever) No ME3 multiplayer. So a worse version of the trilogy that looks nicer than what is currently available.

This is SM3dAS level laziness.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Vega always made more sense for the Spanish fighter, considering it's an actual Spanish word/name.

lol at the FGC purists who say "Boxer," "Claw," and "Dictator"

my understanding was that it wasn't some purism thing, it was so that japanese and non-japanese players could talk to each other without being confused over who is who

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’m going to laugh if the new version of ME1 still has the giant, slow elevator.

On the PS5 at least, I assume it will be a fast elevator? But still a weird giant elevator in a bizarre and central place.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’m going to laugh if the new version of ME1 still has the giant, slow elevator.

On the PS5 at least, I assume it will be a fast elevator? But still a weird giant elevator in a bizarre and central place.

Same elevator but now there is a button to skip if you want.

But who wouldn't want to hear the music and the banter?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i always thought it was Major Bison

i had no idea about the name swapping but i also had to look up what the boxer guy's name actually was

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Kerrzhe posted:

i always thought it was Major Bison

Lol lookit this guy applying freakin logic to 90s Japanese game translation

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wonder if they'll give Saren his non-hosed up model or if they'll forget it again

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

Why’d poor Vega get tied up in all of this? Or Claw if that’s what you want to call him

in japan, dictator is vega, claw is balrog, and boxer is m. bison

i think, idk i've never played a street fighter for more than ten minutes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
VR Multiplayer game where one person is Mario in the special boot and the other players are little goombas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Final boss of cyber shadow kinda sucks. he has 2 brain dead simple forms and then the last form would be brain dead simple too except you have to rely on randomly spawning platforms that can completely gently caress you if they are placed poorly. you have to wait for them to respawn in a better position while you dodge a million things cause the boss is out of your reach. real let down of design after the whole game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah basically M. Bison was potentially a lawsuit name on a character reminiscent of Mike Tyson, and instead of just renaming that one character, the localization team rearranged the names of the three new characters in that version, forever ensuring confusion

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah basically M. Bison was potentially a lawsuit name on a character reminiscent of Mike Tyson, and instead of just renaming that one character, the localization team rearranged the names of the three new characters in that version, forever ensuring confusion

look they already coded in the names. switching them around was faster

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

according to wikipedia they thought Vega wasn't a scary enough name for the final boss, it would work better for the matador guy, and also the mike tyson thing thrown in afterwards

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In another world we would've had Vega Dollars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Possibly even Balrog Bucks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

either way, Zangief never gets paid :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

time to post more pictures of my cat my video game plushie collection! wow!

so many! we have, from left to right and not grouped up super well because i wanted to get the picture before the cat left:

a Baneling from starcraft!
a wyvern/wind rider from WoW!
a creeper from minecraft!
a Rathalos from monster hunter!
Shagbark, a courier from Dota2!
Ganymede from overwatch!
a Lapras! which is a pokemon!
a Bazelgeuse from monster hunter!
Rammus from League of Legends!
a Spycrab from TF2!
Alpha from FFXIV!
a pokeball!
Amaura, a pokemon!
Lord Shaxx from Destiny 2!
the Pyro from TF2!
Oshawott, the cutest pokemon!
Bulbasaur, the pokemon!
Glaceon, who is also a pokemon!
an unassuming Balloonicorn from TF2!
an Alolan Vulpix, yet another pokemon!
a San Diego Comic Con 2014 exclusive Nether Faerie Dragon from WoW!
Kirby! a cat!

wow, there's more. do Neopets count? of course they do. we got a Cybunny, a Babaa (actually a petpet, which is a pet for your neopet), an Aisha, and a Scorchio.

BONUS!

it's Octodad! i missed him in the first picture cause he had fallen down behind a pillow.

and a zergling! but where did it come from? well that Baneling plushie from the first pic is actually one of the ones that you can flip inside out to change its form! it can switch between zergling and baneling! it's super cool!

wow!

my cat is a very good sport!!!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe they should switch the names of two future Street Fighter characters around, just for old times sake.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe they should switch the names of two future Street Fighter characters around, just for old times sake.

That sounds like an actual funny gag so instead Capcom are introducing guest fighter Frank West and it's also the version from Dead Rising 4 that everyone loves.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That cat is very photogenic

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goldeneye remake just leaked

holy gently caress this is just incredible

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Vice Games TV show just did an episode on that last week

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1356840807861415937?s=20

they were really counting on BL3 doing better (it supposedly had a massive budget because of mismanagement)

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Embracer also picked up Aspyr, who do Mac ports, today as well.

Who are Embracer? They own THQ Nordic GmbH, Koch Media GmbH/Deep Silver, Coffee Stain AB, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive and DECA Games. 

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

according to wikipedia they thought Vega wasn't a scary enough name for the final boss, it would work better for the matador guy, and also the mike tyson thing thrown in afterwards

This is a hot take but they’re right imho, M. Bison is a sick final boss name even if it makes no loving sense (maybe because of that?) but it would feel kinda underwhelming on the black boxer cause then it’s just a Tyson reference.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Evil Badman posted:

Embracer also picked up Aspyr, who do Mac ports, today as well.

Who are Embracer? They own THQ Nordic GmbH, Koch Media GmbH/Deep Silver, Coffee Stain AB, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive and DECA Games. 

Based on that list they seem like a group to steer well clear of.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mass Effect 3 is my favourite of the series and I never once played the multiplayer.

I am very excited to show Lady VG my favourite video game trilogy too :D

Trying to think of other good game trilogies (that only have 3 games) and I am coming up a bit of a blank.

Max Payne is one. I think modern Hitman is another. Post your favourite video game trilogies!

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

VideoGames posted:

Mass Effect 3 is my favourite of the series and I never once played the multiplayer.

Trying to think of other good game trilogies (that only have 3 games) and I am coming up a bit of a blank.

Max Payne is one. I think modern Hitman is another. Post your favourite video game trilogies!

Probably a cheat, but I love the three Rocksteady Arkham games.

Dark Souls' three entries are pretty rad, too.

Oh, the Witcher, and the Tomb Raider reboots!

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 3, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hear good things about dark souls 1 2 and 3

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gundam Breaker 3 is the greatest Gundam game ever made.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
D'oh! Of course the Dark Souls trilogy! Looking forward to getting to 2 and 3 sometime this year :D

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Resident Evil's a good distinct name, Biohazard might be more accurate but holy hell is it generic.

Resident Evil is one of the only video game series names my mum remembers which let's be honest, is one of the most important aspects for a big video game series.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just gimme more Wesker being Wesker imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

King's Field
Turok
X-COM Ufo Defense/Terror from the Deep/Apocalypse
TimeSplitters
Do the Phoenix Wright games count? Yeah they made sequels but the first 3 tied together well enough and Apollo Justice was trying to move on to something else before going back to stuff like Spirit of Justice
Probably Shining Force 3 or whatever it was that was 3 games where actions in one changed stuff in the other
Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma
.hack//G.U.
Mother/Earthbound/Mother 3
UFO Aftershock/Aftermath/Afterlight
Avernum is split into 2 trilogies and they're both good
Shadow Hearts
Alien vs Predator
Dragon Quest 1-3 and 4-6 are both trilogies set in their own universe I think
Can probably toss in SaGa 1-3 as well aka Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 before they got more experimental with SaGa stuff
Spyro
Big Bumpin/Sneak King/Pocketbike Racer
Sly Cooper
Crash Bandicoot
Team ICO stuff
Ninja Gaiden
Duke Nukem Trilogy (Critical Mass, Chain Reaction, Proving Grounds)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Streets of Rage
Jill of the Jungle
Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse, or whatever the trilogy was where you could play co-op with a friend and one of the games had playable Mickey and Donald but Donald kept getting lovely knockoff versions of Mickey's special outfits

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Resident Evil is one of those titles, like metal gear solid, or bio shock, or street fighter, where I’ve stopped thinking of them as a set of words with describable meanings

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Streets of Rage is no longer a trilogy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Taintrunner posted:

Gundam Breaker 3 is the greatest Gundam game ever made.

I'm still mad we didn't get GB3 on PC and instead got that weird MOBA-like one.