Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Clarste posted:

This camera event is the worst event ever. It is almost impossible to predict what color it will decide your photo is.

That's because it's randomly determined. You take photos of poo poo that's the color (today's being red means, like. silk flowers, apples, fire flowers, etc), and any dupes you can trade with people on your friends list to ensure you can get a full set (I dont know if its guaranteed to always give you a set each day, though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i did a stupid and rolled for xiao's weapon and got the piece of poo poo jade cutter

will never run the weapon banner if it has a dumpster tier weapon ever again

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mix. posted:

That's because it's randomly determined. You take photos of poo poo that's the color (today's being red means, like. silk flowers, apples, fire flowers, etc), and any dupes you can trade with people on your friends list to ensure you can get a full set (I dont know if its guaranteed to always give you a set each day, though).

Okay, but that's still the worst.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Could always bring Noelle, Xinyan or Zhongli for a shield on demand.

Tae posted:

Literally any shield counters the attack. Noelle unleveled just to pop her shield ability will do it.

They're all aggressively underleveled- I mean like, 1 is lvl 50 and the others are like 20- but thanks, I didn't think that would work because of that!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mix. posted:

I got a full set and 5 extra reds. Was I just extremely lucky? It seems like that's what's supposed to happen.

...though I was running around looking for fire flowers for an embarrassingly long time before I realized apples and sunsettias work just as well.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I took a picture of a carrot and it gave me an aquamarine print.

I think the camera is just a broken piece of poo poo and that is funny.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your task today is to take photos of red things. Taking a photo of a red thing will get a reward of a random color. You want to collect 1 on each color to get the gems/whatever.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Danann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCmvCpYL34U

Huh he apparently does not take damage while plunging at all.

Nice trick but since anyone can avoid plunging attack falling damage by only activating the plunge when they're near the ground I'm not sure why they bothered

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Qwertycoatl posted:

Nice trick but since anyone can avoid plunging attack falling damage by only activating the plunge when they're near the ground I'm not sure why they bothered

It feels dragoony.

Zhongli is pretty busted after the patch. Still farming to get gear with the stats I want on them but I'm thinking 2 Petra/2 Noblesse, HP% Sands, Geo% Goblet, Crit% Hat and a Favonius Lance. He seems to generate a bunch of energy on the Hold-E now which is really nice, I'd imagine he's a good geo battery now although I haven't done a ton of testing with that. The 20% shred feels good too and he fits nicely into my Razor/Qiqi/XQ team. I'm almost wondering if I just drop Qiqi and run Kaeya instead for more damage, with the swords damage reduction/spot healing, huge shields off Zhongli's Hold-E and Crystalize to cover any gaps you really don't take much damage at all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ning loves the 20% geo shred

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Andrast posted:

Ning loves the 20% geo shred

As if the Ning-Albedo wombo-combo needed to be better, here we are and I love it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What is honkai

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

kater posted:

I took a picture of a carrot and it gave me an aquamarine print.

I think the camera is just a broken piece of poo poo and that is funny.

I mean, when you get the kamera the guy who gives it to you literally tells you it's broken and prints out the wrong colours and he's trying to figure out why...

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Hey I did Taishan Mansion a bit today, and I think the fire aura explosion effect ended early when I killed the Pyro Agent. I remember it previously completing its cycle after the enemy died?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is honkai

Not much, what's honkai with u

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is honkai

:can:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is honkai

Baby don't Herrsch me
Don't Herrsch me
no more

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is honkai

It's HonkAI, the Goose artificial intelligence.

Edit: Also, turn off your lights, stand in front of a mirror, and say Archonex 3 times. All your questions will be answered.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 3, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m gonna need someone to swoop in and post a ten page fuckin’ dissertation on how this Kamera being lovely and broken is actually a huge hint that <thing in Honkai> is happening in Genshin please.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is honkai

I started playing Honkai because of all Archonex's posts and as far as I can tell it is about a squad of lesbian space marines who all go slowly insane and kill each other

It's p. good

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Bussamove posted:

I’m gonna need someone to swoop in and post a ten page fuckin’ dissertation on how this Kamera being lovely and broken is actually a huge hint that <thing in Honkai> is happening in Genshin please.

Honkai: Humanity keeps repeating the same cycle. We need to try something different. Let's mess up their colors.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol i logged into an alt account for first time in forever, its cool how the game just lets you in to dragonspine without really stopping you.

i mean everything starts at level 30 and that's 10 levels higher than you are until ar15 but you can still kill hilichurls pretty easily. and can complete joel's quest lol.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They could at least put a blueprint on the new boss I haven't gotten one in over a month

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Everybody who stockpiled mint has got to be feeling pretty smug right now.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly I have almost twice as much slime giblets or whatever the lowet quality mat they drop is than I do mint and that was vaguely concerning to discover.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bussamove posted:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from...

(snip)

...despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How does trading the pictures work? Do you try to send one to a friend then they have to trade one back or can you conceivably send all your pictures from your alt accounts to your main to farm primogems?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJ posted:

How does trading the pictures work? Do you try to send one to a friend then they have to trade one back or can you conceivably send all your pictures from your alt accounts to your main to farm primogems?

The event is limited to 8 rewards, so there won't be much farming anyway. And unless you're statistically very unlucky, you should be getting everything fairly easily, since there's enough drops for 14 rewards (7 days x 10 photos, but you only need 8 rewards x 5 photos = 40 photos to make sets)

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

kater posted:

lol i logged into an alt account for first time in forever, its cool how the game just lets you in to dragonspine without really stopping you.

i mean everything starts at level 30 and that's 10 levels higher than you are until ar15 but you can still kill hilichurls pretty easily. and can complete joel's quest lol.

When I got the quest to go to Liyue for the first time, I decided the quickest way was to go in straight line from my current location, which was right through Dragonspine. That was a fun journey at level 20.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol had no idea this happened.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is something up with the weapon banner? I put about 20 wishes into it, got Beidou both time, and my wish history is blank now. Can you get characters on the weapon banner?

I checked my history on the other banners and it doesn't show there either.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's not supposed to be possible to get Beidou twice in a row on weapon banner. History should show up in an hour or so. If there's really no 4 star weapon in between both of those beidous that's an actual bug and you should contact support, you'll get compensated.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Lucked into Xiao with my stockpiled wishes. How do you build him to make up for the lack of element? I'm thinking him/XingQiu/BeiDou/Bennett or something to give me elemental effects while he's on field.

He's fun so far. Really enjoying the dash. Just a bummer that his plunge is so strong during his mask, cuz boy does he look silly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Lucked into Xiao with my stockpiled wishes. How do you build him to make up for the lack of element? I'm thinking him/XingQiu/BeiDou/Bennett or something to give me elemental effects while he's on field.

He's fun so far. Really enjoying the dash. Just a bummer that his plunge is so strong during his mask, cuz boy does he look silly.

He's like Ganyu, he forgoes elemental for Big Damage Numbers.

And plunge attack is his best dps, so get used to doing that forever.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just realized on the “test run” thing you can tap on the other character icons and do those for different rewards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
EDIT: post I made may have been fake, confirming

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 3, 2021

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Everybody who stockpiled mint has got to be feeling pretty smug right now.

It's possible to play a game without hoarding everthing you come across at any time? :aaa:

Cant wait to get home and play, took a couple weeks off since it fit with the old BP.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I’m so confused how this camera thing works. Like I take a picture of an apple and I get blue? Wtf.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I know only ~1% of players will appreciate this, but they finally added voice lines to Geo MC's abilities :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm sad, Barbara sounds like she's trying to end her set so she can go out for a cig. If Jean also sounded down, I would think they were setting up something bad happening to their father on the crusade he is on.