Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Davincie posted:

Did they remove claiming psplus games from the website? I'm on the page of Destruction allstars and want to claim it but theres simply no button. I claimed the ps4 games on the console but that's not an option for the ps5 one.

This happens to me all the time too. Try clearing your cookies for the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Going mobile worked, the store continues to surprise me in the ways it breaks

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Davincie posted:

Did they remove claiming psplus games from the website? I'm on the page of Destruction allstars and want to claim it but theres simply no button. I claimed the ps4 games on the console but that's not an option for the ps5 one.

Try logging out and logging back in. That worked for me.

What a loving mess of a store.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did they cut the ps3 loose totally from the store or can it still go on there and shop?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Red Warrior posted:

What a loving mess of a store.

C'mon, it's only their sixth or seventh attempt at an online store. They will get it right one day.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

did they cut the ps3 loose totally from the store or can it still go on there and shop?

You can still make digital purchases on the PS3 and PS Vita's console stores. On the former it is an insanely broken experience to the point where I'd strongly recommend you source whatever you're looking for on disc instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe when they kill all the legacy poo poo they can reboot the store for real instead of just making the ui worse and calling it a day

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

How much of it they can kill without coming under heat with consumer rights laws in various countries is a good question.

While you need a PS3 to do it, you can still buy digital titles for a PSP and install them to an actual PSP.

The Wii has shut down its store so you can't make any new purchases, but you can still redownload anything you own currently.

For the PS3 proper there are two more things they can shut down and probably get away with with enough lead time.

First is discontinuing all online multiplayer on the platform. I think their biggest obstacle to this is the still-enormously-popular Call of Duty games (even on PS3 you can get into a multiplayer match for all the games essentially immediately). I suspect Destiny 1 might still be an issue too, along with the Battlefield games, especially since two of them (yes, the PS3 versions) are on PS Now, although they could just swap that for the PS4 version and call it good.

Second is outright disabling store purchases, which would also affect PSP and PS Vita.

They'd still need to let people have access to their download lists on PS3, though, and, especially because of PS Now, there'd still be cloud saving, game patches and trophy sync components to maintain.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe when they kill all the legacy poo poo they can reboot the store for real instead of just making the ui worse and calling it a day

Maybe once they make a few more tens of billions of dollars they'll be able to hire some more store programmers

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
That revamp of the PS3 store will always be legendary to me for how incredibly bad it is and how much worse it runs on every level. Like what in the holy gently caress were they thinking lol

Between that and the Vita it was very much a time of aggressively bad UIs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Maybe once they make a few more tens of billions of dollars they'll be able to hire some more store programmers

hire? in this economy! they'll just wait until theres an uber for coders

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i thought thats just github

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
you dont get paid there either thats the joke

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Would you honestly be surprised to learn the latest iterations of the Playstation Store were programmed by whatever outsourcing agency Sony hired through Upwork?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Davincie posted:

This happens a lot randomly. All you can really do is check back in throughout the day and see if the button reappears. Alternatively, claiming it from the PS5 console or the app might be easier.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
This happens to me in Chrome all the time even after clearing cookies. When I paste the URL into the Edge browser it works fine.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Saoshyant posted:

Would you honestly be surprised to learn the latest iterations of the Playstation Store were programmed by whatever outsourcing agency Sony hired through Upwork?

This would explain a lot actually. I’m sure the store has been farmed out to some third party since the beginning

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

remember when the "ps3 store" was just the ps3 opening the website store from the browser

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The store on the actual PS5 is honestly pretty great. It's lacking some features but it is insanely fast and easily accessible in the places you'd want it to be.

How they hosed it up so bad when bringing that store to the PC, I have no idea.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Am I missing something or is there no section on the PS4 store to just see the new games that came out this week? What used to be a basic menu item became we having to list ALL games and then apply a filter to sort by release date.

I shouldn’t be surprised by this. I should know better by now...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They recently got rid of the easy to see 'new games' option, if you go to Games now, then whatever the top option is, then scroll all the way to the far right, one of the tiny boxes there is 'new games' in release order from most recent, though it lists more than a week.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
It's good that there's still a way to see new games. Really all I want from the PSN store is a list of new games, my wishlist, and a search function.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Randomly discovered that the "old" PS Store seems to be available again. I think you have to directly access a link for an older game in order to get to it (so, a PS3/Vita/PSP/PS One Classics game), since just directly going to store.playstation.com will still throw you in the lovely new one, but check this out:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUD21845_00-0000000000000000?smcid=psapp

If your region isn't US, you might need to open that in an incognito tab.

EDIT: Well it doesn't seem like it's actually functional. Logging in doesn't work right, so I guess it's read-only. Lol

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 12, 2021

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1365273440899522576?s=19

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Lmfao no way... this is off the chain

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
FFVII remake redeemed through PS+ isn't eligible for the free upgrade to PS5, mind you.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Wow, looks like it’s official. :stare:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...d-farpoint/amp/

FF7R is the biggest PS+ title of all time. That’s awesome!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Indeed.

Note that the PS+ version of FF7R will NOT get you the PS5 version for free, only the payers will get that (and only the PS5 version will get the Yuffie DLC). Still a great giveaway though.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I was going to wait to be able to buy a ps5 or for whatever collection inevitably is made when the rest comes out (lol that’s not going to happen this generation) so I will gladly take the vanilla for free.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1366735799287508993

Sigh...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do i get to keep my copy of bad lieutenant?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My collection of the first 6 fast and furious movies where it's all cut into half an hour episodes to make the best TV show ever better be safe in my digital locker

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

When this change takes effect, users can still access movie and TV content they have purchased through PlayStation Store for on-demand playback on their PS4, PS5 and mobile devices.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

as far as console stores i never would have bought anything through sony since microsoft purchases connect to moviesanywhere, myself

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

:hellyeah:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Instant Grat posted:

Randomly discovered that the "old" PS Store seems to be available again. I think you have to directly access a link for an older game in order to get to it (so, a PS3/Vita/PSP/PS One Classics game), since just directly going to store.playstation.com will still throw you in the lovely new one, but check this out:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUD21845_00-0000000000000000?smcid=psapp

If your region isn't US, you might need to open that in an incognito tab.

EDIT: Well it doesn't seem like it's actually functional. Logging in doesn't work right, so I guess it's read-only. Lol

Following up on this post from the distant past, but it does work if you've already logged in through the modern PS Store page, but it loads that info last, so you have to wait for a bit. Good thing, too - this morning,I got a bug up my rear end about trying Vib-Ribbon, and it seems you can't purchase anything through the PS3 app any more (kept saying "an error has occurred" before processing payment), so you have to buy through the web version.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

After The War posted:

Following up on this post from the distant past, but it does work if you've already logged in through the modern PS Store page, but it loads that info last, so you have to wait for a bit. Good thing, too - this morning,I got a bug up my rear end about trying Vib-Ribbon, and it seems you can't purchase anything through the PS3 app any more (kept saying "an error has occurred" before processing payment), so you have to buy through the web version.

Oh that's neat! I can supply bonus info for non-US persons in that case:

PSPrices covers all of the PlayStation Store's regions, so if you need a link to an "old" game in your region to get you into the old PlayStation store, just head over to PSPrices, set your region to whatever you need, and search up whatever game you wanna look at. There are direct links to the PlayStation Store pages on the corresponding PSPrices page for each game.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Could be my North American Privilege showing, but I got in through a Google search for "PS3 Store" rather than a specific product listing. Don't know if that will work for everyone, but bookmark it however you get there!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1373993859990974467?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Even if it’s just one crappy server, I hope they keep the option to redownload your games for as long as possible. That way, even if your console or hard drive die you’ll still be able to get everything back.

If they aren’t selling PS3 games any more, that pretty much rules out a full PS3 emulator for PS5.

Also univbee, there was a youtube video where someone tested all of the PS3 COD games to see which ones still worked, and most of them were completely broken, like you’d need to disconnect from the internet just to get to the main menu. They’re also still being sold on PSN for nearly full price. The 360 versions still work and can be played through backwards compatibility.