Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Tyro posted:

Lol of course I bought BTAQ today

It's down 3 percent. There are plenty of other companies in Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
fff i wanted ree. ill hold for an etoro pop or whatever else it gets though

vcvc is a new one though. was that on anyones radar? it only listed jan 12 and has had no real movement. until ree obviously

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Tyro posted:

Lol I also purchased BTAQ today.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the thread experts’ opinion on SPCX ? It’s a SPAC and new issue ETF that I’ve had on my watch list but that’s all I know.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
Bought into BFT and sold off CCIV for a nice return.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Wifi Toilet posted:

It's down 3 percent. There are plenty of other companies in Israel.

Of course there are, it just struck me as funny timing. I hadn't checked since I was putting the kids to bed but wouldn't have described down 3% as being "killed" in AH...

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
now the idea of some rando spac getting lucid is going to give me nightmares tonight

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Didn't realize we had a new separate SPAC thread! Congrats to you CCIV folks on the pop today.

My current holdings: IPOD, IPOF, SNPR, PSTH, FMAC, TACA, ADER. Definitely feel better about the hype ones which are all +30-50% based on nothing, but curious to see how the experiment goes with the latter ones. Still deciding if I want to ride any or if I'll punt on commons once they rise enough to cover the cost of my pre-split units.

Only somewhat related, does anybody have a script they use with brokers that simplifies the unit splitting process? I've done it twice now with Fidelity and both times it took the rep like 30 minutes to get a supervisor to do the split because they had never dealt with a SPAC before.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I still like BTAQ for eToro. A 3% dip is nothing.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

FistEnergy posted:

I still like BTAQ for eToro. A 3% dip is nothing.

I would also be happy with LiveU, but I don't even know if they are looking to go public. And that is the limit of my knowledge of private Israeli companies.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Tyro posted:

Same

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
Thanks for the effort post OP. It’s nice to see a new thread in BFC. Things had gotten a bit stale around here.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

thats not candy posted:

so much money left on the table cause i rolled my calls :cry:

it's not rolling if you didn't buy the March ones at the same time you sold the Feb ones, ideally you keep the same cost and are basically buying more theta.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

pixaal posted:

it's not rolling if you didn't buy the March ones at the same time you sold the Feb ones, ideally you keep the same cost and are basically buying more theta.

i did roll most of them a few weeks ago. you're right that my remaining third i sold this morning weren't technically rolling cause i waited to buy march hoping for a dip that didnt come. but even if i had rolled those in the same transaction id still be sad

e:profits profit though i just fomod into some risky poo poo this afternoon in a daze after no dip came

new cciv $45 and $50 strikes tomorrow, hope wsb goes nuts and drives this up or we get a da. at this point though im probably going to buy some cheap puts just in case cause i dont want to get wrecked

thats not candy fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 3, 2021

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
This guy picked up on the Lucid/CCIV breadcrumbs three whole months ago, so he might be someone to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yl5BqZx9gk

This is not investment advice, do your own research, etc.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Ion Acquisition (IACA) is slowly creeping up, if it wasn't for the Gamestop hype it would probably be higher. Good time for a bargain. Going to merge with Taboola and in the second quarter will convert to Taboola shares with 2.6 billion of valuation and $600 million in cash and equivalents. Taboola is also making a profit. Possible for this to become $80+ a share in the long run I'm guessing.

Laughing at Lucid motors tweets - they show a prototype driving past a garage door - I'll bet some think it's finished cars running off of the production line - and CCIV jumps. Remember they have yet to build a factory. By the time they finally get to that stage (if they do) I think the Tesla bubble will have deflated.

Edit: Sorry my bad, yes the Lucid factory building is up - I mean the production inside the plant and dealers/distribution. It's a long hard road to build a production car.

ARTPUP fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 3, 2021

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

ARTPUP posted:

Ion Acquisition (IACA) is slowly creeping up, if it wasn't for the Gamestop hype it would probably be higher. Good time for a bargain. Going to merge with Taboola and in the second quarter will convert to Taboola shares with 2.6 billion of valuation and $600 million in cash and equivalents. Taboola is also making a profit. Possible for this to become $80+ a share in the long run I'm guessing.

Laughing at Lucid motors tweets - they show a prototype driving past a garage door - I'll bet some think it's finished cars running off of the production line - and CCIV jumps. Remember they have yet to build a factory. By the time they finally get to that stage (if they do) I think the Tesla bubble will have deflated.

Edit: Sorry my bad, yes the Lucid factory building is up - I mean the production inside the plant and dealers/distribution. It's a long hard road to build a production car.

I thought the reason people were especially horny for Lucid was because they were on track to deliver their first cars next month?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
They're aiming to begin delivering in like April. That's one of the strongest reasons why they probably need to SPAC. An IPO takes much longer.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Just starting to experiment in SPACs thanks to this thread, so I bought 3 warrants of CCIV yesterday.

Uh... is this kind of gain normal? Am I missing something? I'm honestly curious, I am pretty dumb financially (I also am a new Fidelity user thanks to the Robinhood mess of last week)

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Lum_ posted:

Just starting to experiment in SPACs thanks to this thread, so I bought 3 warrants of CCIV yesterday.

Uh... is this kind of gain normal? Am I missing something? I'm honestly curious, I am pretty dumb financially (I also am a new Fidelity user thanks to the Robinhood mess of last week)

It's not normal in the stock market. It's normal in the spac market.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

email posted:

We're working to resolve an issue with your Ally Invest account.

Extraordinary market activity and trading volumes challenged our platforms recently. One of the issues we're triaging is causing your account to show inaccurate information. We're working to repair the issue as quickly as possible.

To prevent further inaccuracies, you won't be able to trade online until we resolve these discrepancies.

In the meantime, you can call us to place trades at 1-833-414-4942 between 7 AM ET and 10 PM ET. We've created this temporary, dedicated line to our Customer Care Trading team, where we'll put you in the front of the line to place broker-assisted trades.

We'll let you know when you can trade online again. We know how frustrating this can be, and we're working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as we can.
Ally saw me getting on the SPAC train the last few weeks and is nipping this meme in the bud. :tinfoil:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

FTOC is merging with online pay platform Payoneer. I think Payoneer makes money as is, so perhaps it's worth a look.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Now that FTOC has a merger announcement, is it time to get out? Or is it best to hold until the vote

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
cciv dip :frogsiren:

its over! dip eaten!

thats not candy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 3, 2021

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Sucks to see it dip but I’m doing the FistEnergy thing and waiting for actual news anyways.

Edit: fast dip.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Now that FTOC has a merger announcement, is it time to get out? Or is it best to hold until the vote

It might be better to hold based off bft's performance. I'm selling some and holding some.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
dumped 75% of my btaq and loaded up on more cciv calls during that dip. just bought some cheap puts too just in case

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sold all my FTOC, 17% profit is good enough for me! Now on to the next one, I guess.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

12 to 14 is a decent bump but nothing remarkable. I'm holding my commons at least through Friday to see how the retail public reacts. It usually takes a couple days to get a feel for the level of interest and excitement when the merger target isn't widely known.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Uhh. CCIV tanking?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
:eyepop: holy moly

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
please be stop raid

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Did it halt?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Kind of surprised the bump on FTOC isn't higher considering the target.

Meanwhile IPOD up to 17.37 based on... what, people cycling out of other things?

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

Me: I guess I should realise some of these gains. *places limit sell order*
Cciv: lol

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
yup halted at 27.78

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/StockMKTNewz/status/1356996895361671174?s=20

Yikes, that's a hard fall on basically no news.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
climbing back up

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
insane that people dumped that much based on a tweet but it was probably all stop loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It was my stop loss :(