Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The more targeted the checks are, the greater number of people who need them fall through the cracks, and the longer it takes to deliver them.

Politically, it also increases the number of people who you are helping less than Trump and the R Senate did.

Naturally, it's a priority to do as much targeting as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Grip it and rip it posted:

Maybe we could just selectively revoke people's constitutionally guaranteed rights based on how deserving dark they are.

Fixed for the current system.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I hope she drinks the water in Mexico. Or better yet, gets serious covid there.

Karma is a lie, wish ill on idiots all you want.
If she's from Midland, I can't imagine the water being better than what you'd find in Mexico due to all the sediment and minimal regulation.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Abongination posted:

I hope she runs

in front of a semi

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Maybe we could just selectively revoke people's constitutionally guaranteed rights based on how deserving they are.

I also enjoy making GBS threads on politicians for twitter suggestions when the result of everything politicians have done since.. idk 9/11? has been a significant net negative.

Their suggestions don't even buy a soda; they make the soda more expensive while making sure you have less money to buy it with.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 3, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
oops

https://twitter.com/stephgracela/status/1357016185628459009

Edit: QAnon Shaman still having a lot of fun in jail it appears

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1357012737042362371

Go to page 23/26 here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MorGc0CSCy_gEJjh6nV8yU7s3i3QOe6X/view

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 3, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

That Works posted:

Fixed for the current system.

So you're saying you want more of that, just targeted differently?

Edit: my hot take is that they should give that guy organic food

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 3, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yes that's exactly what I said.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Canada declare the proud boys a terrorist organization: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7fe5_story.html

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Richard Bong posted:

Silver feels manufactured. There were so many fresh accounts copy pasting positive stuff about silver.

Silver and metals started last year after covid and the panic buying first hit iirc.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

My hot take is that the vast majority of food is organic by definition. :colbert:

*Kraft Singles, however; are probably inorganic.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1356964212250206214

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I thought they said they were going to like three weeks ago.

His demands are silly, but I think it’s kind of gross for the government to decide “your religious beliefs don’t have enough books written about them so they don’t count”. Furthermore, even if deep down they’re not really religious beliefs, it’s mean to torment the mentally ill.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I also thought they'd announced they were going to comply with his dietary restrictions. I'm in no position to speak on his spiritual views and how sincere they are, but that seems like one of the easier things to accommodate that he might ask for.

e:

Defenestrategy posted:

My hot take is that the vast majority of food is organic by definition. :colbert:

*Kraft Singles, however; are probably inorganic.

"Pasteurized processed dairy food product" is about the most unappetizing way to describe a food item I can think of.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Meanwhile, in the UK.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1356939316522602498

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

"Lol, get hosed" says the EU.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Richard Bong posted:

Silver feels manufactured. There were so many fresh accounts copy pasting positive stuff about silver.

Silver is the go-to shiney object to dangle in front of boomer retail investors. It's been their bitcoin ever since money hopped off the gold standard.

They used to have peices of paper that represented silver and they would keep it in their wallet or in a box and lose it long after they forgot they got it.

Truly, the more things change the more things stay the same.

brains
May 12, 2004

irish reunification of 2024 looking on schedule

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

It's such stupid whataboutism it's amazing (please forgive the Yglesias tweet):

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1357019560977850370

McCarthy apparently offered Hoyer booting MTG from the Education Committee, but not Budget too. Considering she's a gun-toting wingnut, Democrats want her loving gone, period. So now, the entire Republican caucus gets to take an up/down vote on supporting the wingnut QAnon lady.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That was entirely predictable.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:downswords:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m comparing a great man to a pathetic one here, but the justices of the Supreme Court were ready to declare that Mohammed Ali’s draft refusal was not a sincere religious matter before one of the clerks (Tom Krattenmaker ) said “I think this guy’s the real deal and you should take another look”.

I am a lot more inclined to take Ali’s religious views seriously prima facie, but that’s not the point. The point is that courts should err to defer to a person’s professed beliefs unless there is extremely good reason not to, and “this guy’s request is minorly expensive” does not rise to that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Platystemon posted:

I’m comparing a great man to a pathetic one here, but the justices of the Supreme Court were ready to declare that Mohammed Ali’s draft refusal was not a sincere religious matter before one of the clerks (Tom Krattenmaker ) said “I think this guy’s the real deal and you should take another look”.

I am a lot more inclined to take Ali’s religious views seriously prima facie, but that’s not the point. The point is that courts should err to defer to a person’s professed beliefs unless there is extremely good reason not to, and “this guy’s request is minorly expensive” does not rise to that.

Minorly expensive? This opens the door to more prisoners using the constitution to try and get edible food and then where would we be?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Prisons should be less terrible. The empathetic side of my nature wants wholesale reform of conditions. The violent monkey part of my brain wants the insurrectionists to suffer every cruelty and torment of the system they enthusiastically built and cheered on.

So gently caress it, give him organic food and hopefully use that as precedent to accommodate others (it won't be).

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Organic doesn’t mean not processed, it’s just standards for farming. I doubt it’d be any serious change, that nutriloaf garbage could be made organic for example.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

some days just make you long for simpler times
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1356995680103849986?s=20

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

Organic doesn’t mean not processed, it’s just standards for farming. I doubt it’d be any serious change, that nutriloaf garbage could be made organic for example.

Makes a lot of difference to the starving guy though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

He can eat his fur coat.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sure but it doesn’t mean the food is more edible.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I still haven't figured out whole I completely feel about it, but all routes pretty much lead to "gently caress that guy" versus my extreme complaints about the jail/prison systems.

So here's a clip that I feel is perfect Newsmax. Skip to 0:15 if you want to skip the talking head poo poo, but it's great context.

https://twitter.com/donnydonny/status/1357016305266737156?s=19

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:lol:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

hobbesmaster posted:

The standards are arbitrary and set by industry. Theres no real difference, it just allows industry to charge more.

White House press conferences feel so weird now

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

Canada declare the proud boys a terrorist organization: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7fe5_story.html

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1357022925514285061?s=20

yeah, wow. can't say I feel bad for 'em!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

pmchem posted:

Crosspost from BFC

https://twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/status/1357047738584748037?s=20

What's the cop word for helldumping?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ah yes surely it was the internet users sharing public info and notbthe funds market makers and brokerages that engaged in literal manipulation that caused this. And there definitely weren't hedge funds long GME to help accelerate the run up that took profit last week. Glad the SEC is doing the good work we expect.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

maffew buildings posted:

Ah yes surely it was the internet users sharing public info and notbthe funds market makers and brokerages that engaged in literal manipulation that caused this. And there definitely weren't hedge funds long GME to help accelerate the run up that took profit last week. Glad the SEC is doing the good work we expect.

https://twitter.com/2H_CBB_LIVE/status/1357048755552477190?s=20

So glad the internet was created

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

These SEC guys are about to become extremely confused. I have never seen a community post with so many emoji/memes.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1357041421631504385

aliens are confirmed real then I guess

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ASAPI posted:

These SEC guys are about to become extremely confused. I have never seen a community post with so many emoji/memes.

This will be the new word list:

BUY BUY BUY 📈📈📈 SELL SELL SELL 📉📉📉 now HOLD onto this fat dick 😩🍆 bc the COCK MARKET 😏📊 is going crazy!! 🚀🚀🚀🚀👽 Robin Hood made the Games Stop ✋❌😢 and now the hedge funds want to keep all of daddies cummies for themselves 🥺💦💦 but we keep loving 🙇🏻😫 and sucking 💆🏻‍♀️🍆👅 and flooding the market with investments until daddies cummies 💦💦💦 are redistributed to the working class from the evil Wall Street cummy hogs 😈💼💰🐷🐽 Send this all your Stock Bros 📊🕺 and Cock Hos 🍆💃 if you get 1 back, you’re a Basic rear end Trader 😞🍑 If you get 5 back, you’re a certified STOCK EXCHANGE ANAL-YST 🤓🍑 If you get 10 back you’re the WOLF 🐺 of getting your WALLS BEAT 🥊🍑

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

This will be the new word list:

BUY BUY BUY 📈📈📈 SELL SELL SELL 📉📉📉 now HOLD onto this fat dick 😩🍆 bc the COCK MARKET 😏📊 is going crazy!! 🚀🚀🚀🚀👽 Robin Hood made the Games Stop ✋❌😢 and now the hedge funds want to keep all of daddies cummies for themselves 🥺💦💦 but we keep loving 🙇🏻😫 and sucking 💆🏻‍♀️🍆👅 and flooding the market with investments until daddies cummies 💦💦💦 are redistributed to the working class from the evil Wall Street cummy hogs 😈💼💰🐷🐽 Send this all your Stock Bros 📊🕺 and Cock Hos 🍆💃 if you get 1 back, you’re a Basic rear end Trader 😞🍑 If you get 5 back, you’re a certified STOCK EXCHANGE ANAL-YST 🤓🍑 If you get 10 back you’re the WOLF 🐺 of getting your WALLS BEAT 🥊🍑

You aren't the real Saddest Rhino!