Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
hello and good afternoon, fellow anarcho-trumpers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding this boogaloo thing, I've noticed this trend of certain people always hyper-focusing on these random fringe far-right groups like they're "the real threat," as opposed to our actual existing government that is constantly torturing and killing non-white people in numbers that the Proud/Boogaloo Boys could never dream of.

It feels like an attempt to direct attention away from the actual relevant white supremacists. I don't think most of these people are deliberately doing that, but they're just gullible and absorbing mainstream Democratic/liberal perspectives on this stuff. It seems like these people can't identify the status quo for what it is and are constantly waiting for fascism/white supremacy to take a specific form it took in the past.

Like, we're already torturing/killing/immiserating non-whites on a scale comparable with any other fascist/white supremacist society short of literal Nazi Germany. In light of this, it seems deeply misguided to be worrying about the Proud Boys or whatever.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

we also need to put our faith in science

the immortal science

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

theres the immortal science, but have we tried the science of immortals? we should be cultivating our spiritual energy by surrounding ourselves with ice blocks and meditating on martial arts manuals

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

alarumklok posted:

theres the immortal science, but have we tried the science of immortals? we should be cultivating our spiritual energy by surrounding ourselves with ice blocks and meditating on martial arts manuals

The Immortal Science of Marxism-Trumpism

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

https://twitter.com/SweetEggPerson/status/1356727029065011202?s=20

i think sweet egg god is right in that the ability to criticize this with any nuance doesn't really exist. i mean nuance period doesnt exist anymore here in the heady days of 2021. so why is it vitally important to go after AOC's "media charades" when you're 1.) assuming bad intent on her part which can never actually be proven and 2.) walking straight into the trap you've already identified is a trap? to quote egg person "Should it be the basis of political conversation in likely the worst recession in one hundred years? idts"

the response to this should be "healthcare plz" not the Tracey line of "this is manipulative abuse to talk about your own trauma." that's one thing FTV got right, and doing the latter is literally playing in to the prior complaint that political conversation shouldn't be revolving around this right now to begin with.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

alarumklok posted:

orbs, motherfucker.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding this boogaloo thing, I've noticed this trend of certain people always hyper-focusing on these random fringe far-right groups like they're "the real threat," as opposed to our actual existing government that is constantly torturing and killing non-white people in numbers that the Proud/Boogaloo Boys could never dream of.

It feels like an attempt to direct attention away from the actual relevant white supremacists. I don't think most of these people are deliberately doing that, but they're just gullible and absorbing mainstream Democratic/liberal perspectives on this stuff. It seems like these people can't identify the status quo for what it is and are constantly waiting for fascism/white supremacy to take a specific form it took in the past.

Like, we're already torturing/killing/immiserating non-whites on a scale comparable with any other fascist/white supremacist society short of literal Nazi Germany. In light of this, it seems deeply misguided to be worrying about the Proud Boys or whatever.

my considered solution to deal with these fringe white supremacists is to give the white supremacists inside the "legitimate" police state massively expanded powers. why yes, i was kicked in the head by a horse.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

how come everyone is so stupid and yet I am so smart and yet I have no political power

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1357044071060144128?s=19

Red wave

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Look, getting the money they need to survive is only something that TWITTER LEFTISTS care about, not actual Americans.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mistermojo posted:

how come everyone is so stupid and yet I am so smart and yet I have no political power

in capitalism you must be some kind of hosed-up dumbass to be allowed to have power

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Love the cycle of dems caving to republicans and not giving the people what they want, ousting dems and getting us more republicans who continue not to give people what they want

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

I actually got money from Trump, looks like I'll get nothing from Biden

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

You can have a little assistance through this plague if you are a pell grant recipient who opened a business in an economically disadvantaged area and also make less than $40k

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yinlock posted:

in capitalism you must be some kind of hosed-up dumbass to be allowed to have power

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh you made $50k in 2019 and lost your job due to the pandemic? OH BOO HOO ROCKEFELLER

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

By the time time they are done with this you will need to download an app that proves you are a US citizen and uploads your tax returns along with biometric data to make sure you pass the SecureMeansID test and it will deduct any unpaid debts you have with large corporations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think we all know we live in an era where everything is almost immediately memory holed but man if they gently caress this up as they appear to be it is not going away

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

YOU FUCKIGN FLIPPED GEORGIA BRCUSSE OF THIS

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
like if I only look at how I've materially benefitted under trump and so far under biden

I should have voted for Trump lol

and I'm like the demographic that the democrats want more than anything (I'm an upper middle class white male suburbanite)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Yinlock posted:

the school thing is being done purely to spite teachers right

and break their unions

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

so millions of people who lost their jobs in 2020 receiving $0 has nothing to do with the size of the check. got it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

THEY

WILL

NEVER

WIN

GEORGIA

AGAIN

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Man it's pretty wild people were legit saying biden was the farthest left candidate who ever ran before the election

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

means test deez nuts

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breakfast All Day posted:

so millions of people who lost their jobs in 2020 receiving $0 has nothing to do with the size of the check. got it

don’t worry, they’ll lose their homes too

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

shyduck posted:

Oh you made $50k in 2019 and lost your job due to the pandemic? OH BOO HOO ROCKEFELLER

I hate loving means testing but if they really wanted to help the right people (but not too much) they could basically just send it to everyone and then make people who make over X amount pay it back on their taxes this year
but that would actually help people

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ups guy trying to get me to sign s&h for receiving a publishers clearing house sized check for $0

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I hate loving means testing but if they really wanted to help the right people (but not too much) they could basically just send it to everyone and then make people who make over X amount pay it back on their taxes this year
but that would actually help people

The fact they don't do this shows you that means testing is a shell game to cut benefits every time.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

*mom that knows you procrastinated and now your hosed and will fail your finals voice*

Hmmm looking pretty bleak out there Dems, how's that check coming along? I know you've been working hard on it.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Crazypoops posted:

*mom that knows you procrastinated and now your hosed and will fail your finals voice*

Hmmm looking pretty bleak out there Dems, how's that check coming along? I know you've been working hard on it.

Working hard! Thank you!

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

I have a question that I can't find the answer to. So assuming they means test, I assume they will use 2019 tax filings as their reference. So if someone who made 75k in 2019 and ended up losing their job last year, will they get nothing?

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1357037821790285824

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eegah! posted:

I have a question that I can't find the answer to. So assuming they means test, I assume they will use 2019 tax filings as their reference. So if someone who made 75k in 2019 and ended up losing their job last year, will they get nothing?

from what we know that sounds about it

maybe they'll do the most recent taxes you filed? So if you filed in 2020 and it shows you didn't make much of anything in 2020 due to getting fired, you'll end up getting whatever amount of money they negotiate down to

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Don't worry guys, I just read that the DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT is willing to compromise with the DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY definitely not Republican Biden

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eegah! posted:

yes lol

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

A ben garrison cartoon except it's fdr crying with pride instead of the statue of liberty

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1357029550924976128?s=20

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

shyduck posted:

I think we all know we live in an era where everything is almost immediately memory holed but man if they gently caress this up as they appear to be it is not going away

"if" they gently caress it up lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manager Hoyden posted:

A ben garrison cartoon except it's fdr crying with pride instead of the statue of liberty

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1357029550924976128?s=20

Biden already opened an internment camp