Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hopefully they'll use a bunch of these characters more anyway. Since it sounds like the writers want to use them, win/win.

Since we were just talking about costumes, cool to hear Jean and Scott have later 80s X-Factor (I gather) costumes now. Looking good! I have the X-Tinction Agenda book with those looks, but haven't gotten there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shocking development.

https://twitter.com/savegiftedcom/status/1355093278006374401

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So this is where I learn there's a dedicated and toxic fanbase of The Gifted

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

dude its wild they despise Leah Williams for some reason

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Squizzle posted:

I voted tempo in firefox, then i voted tempo in safari, then i voted tempo a couple of times on my phone :colbert:

Tempo got my vote as well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Apparently it was mostly one guy with 30 Twitter burner accounts.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I'd have watched that show if I knew Madrox was in it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

After suffering through Rosenberg, I wouldn't watch a TV show just because it had Madrox in it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

After suffering through Rosenberg, I wouldn't watch a TV show just because it had Madrox in it.

God that mini-series was an unpleasant indecipherable mess.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I went with Tabby. I'd like to see what Hickman could do with the Nextwave ditzy version of her.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Wait for the reveal that this team IS the new X-men

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gonna spoiler these 'cause the issue just came out today

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That was Hellions, forgot to mention. Sage couldn't be more wrong, too.

Also, it's sort of weird to me that one of the highlights of my week is Daken + Aurora's growing relationship. This is the weirdest ship I ever shipped. It is rather wholesome, though.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Saoshyant posted:

Also, it's sort of weird to me that one of the highlights of my week is Daken + Aurora's growing relationship. This is the weirdest ship I ever shipped. It is rather wholesome, though.

The discussion about trauma/abuse was really meaningful in itself, but particularly coming from Aurora. Speed geeking out at Northstar was another great touch and I loved Lorna and Rachel bit about "saying that to all the girls" - X-Factor is really clicking for me now. Super interested in Prodigy et al's mysterious deaths and the Morrigan.

Hellions including Arcade is making me feel like the book is written for me. Can't wait for these actually very competent individuals to fall apart yet further (though Mastermind ups the difficulty some). Chalk up Psylocke + Greycrow as another ship I would never have thought of but one that I am fully on board with.

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 3, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Saoshyant posted:

Gonna spoiler these 'cause the issue just came out today

I like even Psylocke almost joins in.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Metalshark posted:

The discussion about trauma/abuse was really meaningful in itself, but particularly coming from Aurora. Speed geeking out at Northstar was another great touch and I loved Lorna and Rachel bit about "saying that to all the girls" - X-Factor is really clicking for me now. Super interested in Prodigy et al's mysterious deaths and the Morrigan.

Hellions including Arcade is making me feel like the book is written for me. Can't wait for these actually very competent individuals to fall apart yet further (though Mastermind ups the difficulty some). Chalk up Psylocke + Greycrow as another ship I would never have thought of but one that I am fully on board with.

Also sinisters love of his cape

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wait a minute, is Wanda's imaginary son Speed still a mutant? I can't keep up with this stuff anymore and I didn't think much of the fact he just strolled into Krakoa to visit Prodigy.

Except if he isn't mutant anymore then everyone in the island including security would have thrown a fit, right? And Wanda isn't because reasons or Fox or something. Comic books!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I really hope Speed's arrival on the island does in fact cause major waves later, because the framing of Wanda as the (not) mutant antichrist is probably a top 5 "Hey, what's up with THAT?" big questions about Krakoa, along with the precog, clone, and AI stuff

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if he isn't, it's not like he did anything wrong. heck, he barely even knows wanda.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The problem isn't his relation with the "Pretender", but the fact if he is allowed in Krakoa or not. And him being mutant (or not) is what would matter in that situation. No humans (powered or otherwise) are allowed in other than two exceptions: Northstar's husband and Jubilee's kid. Mutants can't even apparently bring in their non-mutant family members (which I expect to be a plot point at some time). Anyway, if Speed isn't, and he just rushed in on the island, uninvited, I imagine that would be considered a catastrophic failure by their security teams, sort of like when the Fantastic Four sneaked in.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Saoshyant posted:

The problem isn't his relation with the "Pretender", but the fact if he is allowed in Krakoa or not. And him being mutant (or not) is what would matter in that situation. No humans (powered or otherwise) are allowed in other than two exceptions: Northstar's husband and Jubilee's kid. Mutants can't even apparently bring in their non-mutant family members (which I expect to be a plot point at some time). Anyway, if Speed isn't, and he just rushed in on the island, uninvited, I imagine that would be considered a catastrophic failure by their security teams, sort of like when the Fantastic Four sneaked in.

I am pretty sure they said mutants can come in if they are invited/with a mutant.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Saoshyant posted:

Non-mutant family are pretty much allowed. Scott kept asking his dad to stay but he wanted to go have space adventures. Prodigy referred to Speed as his guest and he did just show up, but he's probably got the workplace relationship form filled out or whatever.

I don't think the plot point's been elaborated on a ton but it seems like anyone's cool as long as you have someone to vouch for them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Saoshyant posted:

I don't know how well it square's with how it's been shown to work in the past, but Daken's explanation of his powers made him seem a lot less rapey than previous comics he's been in.

That and referring to Laura and Gabby as his sisters (I assume that's who he was referring to).

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
lmao at Marauders opening with "this is all happening because of Venom? Spider-Man needs to get a hold on his guys" and Pyro calling X-Force cops, and ending with all the human trafficking victims begging to be let off in Canada instead of America. also the swerve where you think Magneto is going to be the spoiler but today we get Magneto the X-Man saving humans :3:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Skwirl posted:

That and referring to Laura and Gabby as his sisters (I assume that's who he was referring to).

That's definitively whom he meant.

Seriously, how has Leah made me care so much about Daken. Daken! Created by that Daniel Way hack.

Protagorean posted:

lmao at Marauders opening with "this is all happening because of Venom? Spider-Man needs to get a hold on his guys" and Pyro calling X-Force cops, and ending with all the human trafficking victims begging to be let off in Canada instead of America. also the swerve where you think Magneto is going to be the spoiler but today we get Magneto the X-Man saving humans :3:

Also, I just read this because it was Duggan writing, and good lord, that's spot on. Everything in it was great.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 4, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Non-mutant family are pretty much allowed. Scott kept asking his dad to stay but he wanted to go have space adventures. Prodigy referred to Speed as his guest and he did just show up, but he's probably got the workplace relationship form filled out or whatever.

I don't think the plot point's been elaborated on a ton but it seems like anyone's cool as long as you have someone to vouch for them.

Yeah, wasn't Cannonball's non-mutant family there for The Crucible issue? They brought various delegates there. Given Prodigy's powers and the huge number of psychics on Krakoa you'd want some form of information exchange with the rest of the world that involved physical visitations from human experts in whatever fields.

I'd need to dig out HoxPox to check but I thought the way it was first explained, all mutants can go through gates, mutants can bring humans with them, but Krakoa might say no.

Scott lives on the moon, so he wasn't inviting his dad to stay on Krakoa, but he gave his dad a gate, with the implication his dad could use it to visit his house on the moon, unaccompanied, so there's a way for non mutants to be able to use a gate without a mutant.

Honestly, the gates as a security system has more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese, those geriatric botanists were able to hack it, in X-Force humans were able to graft mutant skin on them to bypass it, Scott's dad can use at least one, just because he's Scott's dad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I don't know how well it square's with how it's been shown to work in the past, but Daken's explanation of his powers made him seem a lot less rapey than previous comics he's been in.

Yeah, there the idea definitely was 'my pheromones make people horny.' I'm glad he's getting rehabbed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's literally the first page of House of X.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Is it possible he just ran across the ocean and got in the same way, functionally, Kate Pryde does?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

Is it possible he just ran across the ocean and got in the same way, functionally, Kate Pryde does?

That's definitely what he did, it's just that Krakoa should probably be set up in a way that that shouldn't work.

Or maybe he's a mutant, in addition to all his other bullshit, it's not like every single mutant moved to Krakoa.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
X-Factor was pretty great this week, though I gotta say Polaris' new head-things make it seem like her spider-sense is constantly going off.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, wasn't Cannonball's non-mutant family there for The Crucible issue?
They were not.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I don't see why Speed wouldn't still be a mutant. Wanda made him when she was still/still thought she was one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

X-Factor was pretty great this week, though I gotta say Polaris' new head-things make it seem like her spider-sense is constantly going off.
I think that was just showing when Siryn's hypnotism was kicking in, so she won't have them again

quote:

They were not.

I misremember things.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
speed being a mutant with the same power as his sort-of-uncle who currently has never been a mutant wouldn't be any stranger than anything else about his existence.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Non-mutants can have mutant kids?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also, the opsec for Krakoa has loving sucked since the first issue of X-Force. And I'm pretty sure that's been done on purpose.

HoxPox: We are unassailable, and even if you trap us away from the island we will always come back.

X-Force #1: We are absolutely assailable

X of Swords #1: Oh yeah, that "we will always come back" thing, not entirely true.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

danbanana posted:

That's how it happens. Also, how Cannonball has three or four mutant siblings among eight or whatever many of them there are.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

danbanana posted:

Most mutants have human parents. Kinda why it works better as a gay metaphor than a racial one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Skwirl posted:

I think that was just showing when Siryn's hypnotism was kicking in, so she won't have them again
She's had them since issue #2