Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Dubbing any time they say the name 'Cassandra Cain' with 'Stephanie Brown' would be nice.

I would dig some more Ramona Flowers Huntress. That's God's truth.

Winstead is low-key the best thing in the movie, and it's great because they didn't have to completely ignore the source material like with Cass, they just took the existing backstory and had a unique spin on it. Hell, it's a spin that parodies have done with Batman a ton, but it's just fresh having her play those notes of 'maladjusted woman-child with anger issues'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Davros1 posted:

That felt way too video game-y to me. Nothing about it felt real.

I thought it was sick when Batman kicked a dude into another dude holding a grenade and continued on fighting while the grenade blew up in the background.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Gaz-L posted:

Winstead is low-key the best thing in the movie, and it's great because they didn't have to completely ignore the source material like with Cass, they just took the existing backstory and had a unique spin on it. Hell, it's a spin that parodies have done with Batman a ton, but it's just fresh having her play those notes of 'maladjusted woman-child with anger issues'.

:yeah:

I know the common sentiment is "wow they should have used more Birds of Prey in this Birds of Prey movie," but I really loving wanted to see more Socially Awkward Huntress.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah it's a shame Winstead's huntress probably had the least amount of screentime of all of them because she was easily on par with Robbie's harley in terms of people I wanted to watch

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Remembering that Winstead played this goofball of a villain in Disney's Sky High

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Roth posted:

I thought it was sick when Batman kicked a dude into another dude holding a grenade and continued on fighting while the grenade blew up in the background.

The shot where Bats flings that crate at them is so loving awful

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Davros1 posted:

The shot where Bats flings that crate at them is so loving awful

I can hear the Half-Life 2 sound effects and now I like it more!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a crate of helium.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like that you have the blood splatter on the wall after the guy gets hit. You got to have the blood splatter otherwise people won't know its a serious movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Rubber crates, honest.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

BvS should've been the first theatrical release filmed entirely in Gmod

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Madkal posted:

I like that you have the blood splatter on the wall after the guy gets hit. You got to have the blood splatter otherwise people won't know its a serious movie

Should have kept it lighthearted like falcon drone striking dudes 10 ft away.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DC Cinematic Universe Batman just kills people.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

:yeah:

I know the common sentiment is "wow they should have used more Birds of Prey in this Birds of Prey movie," but I really loving wanted to see more Socially Awkward Huntress.

I kinda want Winstead to redub all of Diedrich Bader's lines in the Harley Quinn cartoon.

"I don't want pigs in blankets! I wanna fight crime!"

Bongo Bill posted:

DC Cinematic Universe Batman just kills people.

Legit question: Why does the Tim Burton version get a pass on this? Leaving aside if you think they're good films in a vacuum, they're pretty lovely Batman movies.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Madkal posted:

https://twitter.com/Dailter_Fran/status/1348300335585099777?s=20

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Phylodox posted:

Any fight involving Captain America gets my vote. They managed to really sell him being incredibly strong and punting guys through the air, making it seem effortless while at the same time giving everything really nice weight and momentum. Nothing feels floaty or on wires.

I really think the Russos could make an amazing Batman film, seeing Cap in the beginning of Civil War I felt like all he needed was the cape and they'd about have it.

Roth posted:

Don't worry, it tasered them out of the way before it blew up.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I keep watching it and it just seems dumber and dumber!

Just have it break, or pin him to the wall/floor! Why was “bounce off his head like a basketball” even on the table?!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A talking coyote posted:

I keep watching it and it just seems dumber and dumber!

Just have it break, or pin him to the wall/floor! Why was “bounce off his head like a basketball” even on the table?!

You ever try smashing a crate open with a headbutt?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

MacheteZombie posted:

Should have kept it lighthearted like falcon drone striking dudes 10 ft away.

Yeah it really messed with all the previous falcon movies where it's established that he won't kill people but he will let them die

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Roth posted:

All the time, there’s money and ammo in there.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think any Batman movie has ever had good looking action which is bizarre for someone primarily known for beating people up

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

site posted:

Yeah it really messed with all the previous falcon movies where it's established that he won't kill people but he will let them die

Like that time he shoved dynamite in that dudes pants

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Roth posted:

BANG BANG!

https://www.wwe.com/videos/cactus-jack-headbutts-a-wooden-crate-wcw-saturday-night-june-13-1992

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol owns

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda want Winstead to redub all of Diedrich Bader's lines in the Harley Quinn cartoon.

"I don't want pigs in blankets! I wanna fight crime!"

Legit question: Why does the Tim Burton version get a pass on this? Leaving aside if you think they're good films in a vacuum, they're pretty lovely Batman movies.

Good soundtracks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The sad part is that, knowing Foley and knowing WCW, the crate wasn't gimmicked.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

The sad part is that, knowing Foley and knowing WCW, the crate wasn't gimmicked.

If I remember correctly:

a) It wasn't
b) his head actually hit the floor too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah thats true.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That whole commentary was so drat good.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think it does, I've seen them scrutinized along side each other but what it comes down to is Batfleck is the most recent and has the highest body count/uses the most guns.
It also doesn't help that the average movie goer probably didn't know Batman had a no kill code until he openly mentioned it in Begins (before killing a bunch of dudes).

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think it's neat how BvS uses the Frank Miller style, Dark Knight Returns Batman as having started after losing his mind in response to 9/11 x 1000 and then recite Dick Cheney quotes.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tim Burton’s Batman had .50 caliber machine guns mounted on both the batmobile and the batwing. Nolan’s Batman killed a temple full of ninjas.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I saw Batman when it came out in theaters in 89, and my friends and I definitely thought it was weird that Batman just blew those guys up. And having bombs and machine guns on the Batmobile and Batwing.

My liking of the film has definitely decreased over the years too. Didn't like how they made Batman second fiddle in his own film (which was carried over in the next three films). Didn't like killing off Joker at the end. Didn't like how Gotham looked like it was entirely a studio set (like the Batmobile chase felt like it only went one block because they ran out of space). Gordon was basically a buffoon.

Jack Nicholson was great though.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I'm looking at her scenes here and they loving work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO0vdbwcnWE

And then I'm thinking about how Harley's don't, not really. Like, I have no idea how strong she is, why she's able to flip dudes that weigh 300 pounds over her head. She's not just a believable badass.

Other iterations of her character get that across. DCU has her being a gymnast. The recent cartoon has her being a psycho. Margot's version...is pretty vanilla.

e: lol Margot pops up at 3:45 and she's so slow and mechanical in her movements. Did she not go to fight training camp?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

oh btw here's some leaked pics of Thor's new look. Very hard rock!

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdatesBU/status/1356201849129496583

e: hmmm you can't click the link when its spoilered I guess? I don't want to spoil ppl so just c and p into your browser? sorry lol

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Try just linking it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Since I’m an only movies guy, Batman has only been someone who murders.

Makes sense.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gaz-L posted:

Legit question: Why does the Tim Burton version get a pass on this?

Honest guess: they predate B:TAS, which did a lot to re-codify Batman's no kill (and no gun) rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I hated the scene when Batman started slaughtering that warehouse of dudes like The Punisher and my least favorite ever response to that is AH AH BUT WHERE WERE YOU WHEN BURTON?? Not born and I still hate the scene.

I did get a chuckle out of "I'm a friend of your son's". But idk if that line fits tonally with the rest of the movie.