Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like how the metap. advances but... it creates an issue in that as your power increases, there is a time window where you are still not powerful enough to beat the game and unlock Elite difficulty, but powerful enough for the first half of the game to be trivial. Once I play a few more runs I should be able to unlock Eilte, then I guess the game will challenging enough during most of the time run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Turin Turambar posted:

Does anyone know how the orange inscription works? I don't see any mark when I aim someone with the scope.

When I got it on a Double Caliber I think the enemies highlighted with an outline automatically?

Im_Special posted:

It's happened to us all at least once, heck I still don't know how all the scrolls and skills interact with each other, or what's better if taking something is worth not (like Merciless Strike: +50% Lucky Shot Chance on Crit Hit, -50% Lucky Shot Chance on Normal Hit. - To take, or leave? I dunno, maybe), sometimes you just have to test it out and see, luckily you can drop scrolls at any time if you don't like them (with the exception of Cursed ones).

I got that and made good use of it in conjunction with "all your hits are crits for 3s after taking damage". Otherwise, I don't know how good it is.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While I personally am generally fairly forgiving of metaprog, there are some bits of Gunfire Reborn's that I kinda wish got rolled in to the base game (the entire right tree or at least the majority of it, some of the first half of the middle tree, a small portion of the left tree that includes the metaprog currency talents).

That said, you can forcefully skip most of the early grind by hanging out with a friend who has played the game more via co-op and getting them to carry you far. It really helps accelerate the early bits and once you can survive and help in Elite you'll start earning way more souls.

As for the item/scroll unlocks, I genuinely like those and would not want to see them go away as it gives you goals to work towards and shiny new toys to play with right away when you do unlock them!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Every time I play with somebody new I try to show them how to open vaults and then go "Huh." when them shooting it doesn't actually do anything.

poo poo that should absolutely not be talents IMO:
Vaults
Anything to do with reviving people
Lucky Shot and Crit Damage (this is kinda balanced out by Elite/Nightmare seemingly being balanced around having them)
Like 3/4ths of the character talents

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

If the hero talents were like two trees and you could only pick one that you could change only between runs? That'd be cool. As is I guess I kinda gotta agree. Ultimately though it doesn't take too long to max out the meta prog once you get the ball rolling so eh, whatever.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Double post but having gotten to play a lot more Lei Luo I really, really love Thunder Nemsis builds. Thunder Nemsis 3 + Magical Supply is :discourse:. Got my first win on Tiger playing Elite difficulty with it.

It has also given me a new appreciation for the sniper weapons in general, finding the right inscriptions are the only thing holding back any given weapon back from being OP af. Had a Piercing Flame carry me through Duo Frejlord with the amount of damage it did on crit shots.

The games trying to get that win have really reinforced one thing though: Defensive enemy modifier can gently caress right off. It gives WAY too much health. Way, way too much.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I generally don't touched his "Q" Chain Lightning stuff because his other talent lines, Weapon Boost and Fatal Current are so absurdly good.

I have the most fun with him as a Lightning Wizard though, still hate the "Sniper" play-it-safe-style.

Oh, and I get that he's a glass cannon character, but I think he needs a nerf (lol).

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Speaking of nerfs: wow everyone feels like poo poo against this new boss except him and his massive-single-shot power, how are you even supposed to kill this dude? Even on Normal the two of us get wrecked.

Seems like something was adjusted with the Ichthyosaurus, too, the laser spin is faster or something. Not sure and need to test more, which is harder when 50% of the time it's the bird from hell.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh yeah, Magical Supply builds are easily my favorite. Just grab your favorite sniper rifle (mine's the Golden Bow easily) and go through one-shotting literally everything. By the time you've dropped your combo you've probably just got another Fatal Current queued up. The only problem at that point is elites with defensive mods, and let me tell you, I have absolutely lost because of multiple elites with Defensive Robust modifiers on a seal stage. :v:

SkyeAuroline posted:

Speaking of nerfs: wow everyone feels like poo poo against this new boss except him and his massive-single-shot power, how are you even supposed to kill this dude? Even on Normal the two of us get wrecked.

Seems like something was adjusted with the Ichthyosaurus, too, the laser spin is faster or something. Not sure and need to test more, which is harder when 50% of the time it's the bird from hell.

I legitimately haven't had a problem with this boss yet. Maybe my runs have just been lucky but I feel like his stuff isn't too hard to dodge and doesn't do that much damage in the first place. The worst part is honestly trying to actually hit him, he's awfully evasive.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yesterday I did a few more silly runs (one where I obtained the legendary item, Dual Edge, that gives you +1% dmg done and +0.2% dmg received per kill very early was interesting, although eventually it killed me), and finally in a better run I got to the final boss. Which killed me. or to be more exact, some random enemy appeared and applied a slow, that was what killed me.

Then again, the game gave me an incredible run where lots of scrolls and ascensions and weapons synergized so reaching the boss was easy! I unlocked the Talisman in this run, which as you may know, it has low damage but it flies with some auto-aim to the enemies and it hits the weak point doing CritX damage.
In that very same run I had the legendary scroll that multiplies CritX damage but reduces normal damage (a non factor for the talisman!) and two extra scrolls (lone ranger and lone shot) and one talent that increased dmg/critX if I fought from afar (which I could easily given the autoaim) and some other good stuff like Penetration Bullet , and a tiger build focused on Fatal Current which also sinergize with damage dealt from afar.

So all together, I was one shotting normal enemies and two shotting the more tanky ones with the Talisman, from a far and without even needing to aim well.
In the end, I lost because my inexperience with this boss, not because lack of damage.

Some other thoughts:
Frenzied Shark is the worst weapon.
Once you got all the permanent ammo improvements (and you are not playing dog who consumes more ammo), there are 4-5 scrolls to gain ammo that are worthless, the game gives you plenty ammo boxes by default.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Feb 4, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Also

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I should have done it 5 or 6 runs ago, but finally on the 38th run:

I also unlocked 3 weapons (Scalpel, Pupil and Laser Gloves) and 4 scrolls at the same time, nice.
In fact I was starting to notice a repetition with the scrolls, despite having more than 100, on the third act you have a good amount of them so chances are, you will have several you had already on the previous run.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Turin Turambar posted:

Some other thoughts:
Frenzied Shark is the worst weapon.
Once you got all the permanent ammo improvements (and you are not playing dog who consumes more ammo), there are 4-5 scrolls to gain ammo that are worthless, the game gives you plenty ammo boxes by default.

Frenzied Shark can get really silly with some of the +projectile and I think one of its exclusive inscriptions makes it really good? Been a while though.

In terms of ammo economy I notice that's a Normal difficulty run, once you start playing Elite more regularly you really start to feel a lack of ammo if you don't get one of those scrolls due to various enemy modifiers. Defenisve, Robust and Powerful all add vary levels of extra health and you can dump a ton of ammo into one of those enemies. Some weapons also really chug the hell out of ammo with certain inscriptions! I generally only feel comfortable with with at least two ammo scrolls

Also congrats on the win! Took me way longer to pull off with Lei Luo too, Bird is just so strong and tanky I often fight into situations I really shouldn't as the other characters when not playing Bird.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, yesterday night I played a pair of of elite runs to see how it was, and I can see how as everything is more tanky, ammo consumption is bigger.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
It feels like some of the things in this game need a bit more tuning. I ran into an elite catfish soldier for the first time in a run and he performed an instant transmission attack that blinked around the arena and then one-shotted me with a katana hit.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sestze posted:

It feels like some of the things in this game need a bit more tuning. I ran into an elite catfish soldier for the first time in a run and he performed an instant transmission attack that blinked around the arena and then one-shotted me with a katana hit.

I think I was killed in the same way the other day. Thanks god I had the scroll that gives you 3 lives.

I wish they review some of the curses. -50% crit damage is pretty big in a game like this, so focused on hitting on weak points.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The one that really gets me is Elemental Curse, that prevents you from ever triggering elemental effects.

Like, hmmm, if I'm playing as Crown Prince, do I ever take any cursed scroll, knowing there's a 10% chance of just throwing my entire build straight into the dumpster? (The answer is no, it's an incredibly stupid decision)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Managed to just barely get through the new boss with Lei Luo. Hardly on account of Thunder Strike, still can't totally get it working and my most successful runs so far seem to be Lightning Governor builds instead. Might just be my dislike for snipers in this game overall. I'm still not sure what the actual trick to the new boss is but I also had the disadvantage that I somehow managed to break the game's UI, so all the popups turned into broken textures and activating Fatal Current was drat near an epilepsy risk with how much and how fast it flashed white and yellow blocks over most of the screen. So, that was... cool.
I dunno. I work better with Dog I think, even though I don't use dual wield a ton on him. The on-kill effects he has synergize well with how I play. Lei Luo is neat and is in a good design space but it's just too far from normal for me. Lightning Governor is great fun though.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

How much meta prog do I need before normal feels doable? Right now I'm around meta 25 and the 2nd world consistently wrecks me, I've gotten to the boss only once.

I think a lot of it is being bad at the game since I don't know how to dodge shots at all. Most shots seem to track unless I dodge and the dodge cool down is massively long for how much I need to be dodging. If I try to play cover shooter I don't have the dps to kill the melee enemies before they push me out.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I think it started clicking for me around 25-30. Only beaten it once solo (I think) but can make good progress now. Getting the ability to save soul essence between runs, even just rank 1, is HUGE for helping you go forward. Same with unique inscriptions generating.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Good movement habits help a lot in progressing. Generally when fighting if you aren't in a safe spot you should always be strafing left/right while jumping occasionally and moving backwards, not forwards. The dash is for when you waited too long to move, kiting melee enemies, have been surprised by a flanking enemy or to dodge certain projectiles. This will help you dodge most shots unless you're being flanked or shot at by certain enemy types. Takes a lot of practice but I find sitting still is generally what gets you killed.

Sestze posted:

The Elite versions of enemies are all supposed to be super dangerous and potentially run ending since they can drop Golden Goblets for extra ascensions. A number have attacks that are basically "pay attention and don't disrespect me". I lost a really, really powerful and tanky Bird run learning that lesson to an Elite Catfish Warrior in particular to that very same attack!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
One of my first elite runs got me halfway through the boss with a +4 Goshawk I found super early. Had an inscription that would automatically crit as long as I was aimed at the target, scoped or not lol

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Evil Kit posted:

Good movement habits help a lot in progressing. Generally when fighting if you aren't in a safe spot you should always be strafing left/right while jumping occasionally and moving backwards, not forwards. The dash is for when you waited too long to move, kiting melee enemies, have been surprised by a flanking enemy or to dodge certain projectiles. This will help you dodge most shots unless you're being flanked or shot at by certain enemy types. Takes a lot of practice but I find sitting still is generally what gets you killed.

The Elite versions of enemies are all supposed to be super dangerous and potentially run ending since they can drop Golden Goblets for extra ascensions. A number have attacks that are basically "pay attention and don't disrespect me". I lost a really, really powerful and tanky Bird run learning that lesson to an Elite Catfish Warrior in particular to that very same attack!
Yeah, some of them seem like a "welp guess this run is over" type of thing, though.

Elite Spearmasters (Act 1), and any of the elites in act 3 with push your poo poo in, and feel unavoidable while doing so. Elite Spearmasters ignore CC entirely after their armor breaks, so have a good plan to wear them down and kill them before they get into CQC and just spin you to death, I lose early runs to them due to simply being unable to get away from them. They are faster than you while spinning, so the dash earns you a temporary reprieve.

The act 3 elites are a "can you burn this down before they unleash their signature attack" check, and feel unavoidable. Elite Kappas will teleport directly next to you and obliterate you, Elite Monks are like nihilation monks with 30x the HP, Elite Catfish do that instant transmission BS, and Elite Yaksha have an AOE ground pound roughly 2x the size of the first boss' AOE, along with 3 ground attack shots that do upwards of 200 damage apiece.

I'm 100 levels into my progression, and after unlocking grips of weapons, there's only a handful that feel like they're worth using, and only if they have reasonable perks that I want to use. If my character hits Act 3 without synergy between Ascensions, Weapons, and Scrolls, the run just... ends. Just feels like the balance is out of whack.

edit: And yes, the vault elites are simply just a gamble, but there exist challenge elites too - you'll clear a room full of crap and it'll plop down an Elite Arsonist behind you in a corridor with no room to move and say "ok well hope you can kill him before he closes in"

There's other checkmate scenarios too - do you have a movement passive on your character (3x dash, half dash cooldown)? Act 2 alternate boss is trivial with these things, and almost impossible without - you can't dodge away from his dive attack or walk away from the homing tornados fast enough. Do you have some means to ignore corrosion, or additional movement by the Act 3 boss? If not, you get to phase 2 of the boss, and the slow from the Octopus heavies or jellyfish that are spawned in bring you to a crawl and let the artillery target and annihilate you.

Sestze fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 5, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm having some problems fighting elites in the Elite difficulty, if I find one of them too soon on one of the vault of the first location before I have a decent weapon (even more with the Dog, where the primary skill is to use 2 weapons, maybe I still don't have 2 weapons that can be dual wielded at that point!).
I guess these is one of those moments where it's easier in coop, where a mate can supply the weakness of another.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So far I haven't found the Act 1 elites to be so bad, mostly just because they've got easy enough patterns that it's not too difficult to dodge them for a while. If anything the more pressing issue is running out of ammo, because drat if they don't have massive health bars.

Act 2 and Act 3 elites definitely step it up though. I don't think I've really learned the patterns of Act 3 elites yet because I'm either strong enough to kill them in <5 seconds or I die quickly.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
In my view the game is simply 100 percent balanced around coop. With someone to pick you up if you get oneshot, and with sharing weapons and scrolls help with bad lot drops a lot of the problems just disappear.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sestze posted:

lots of good words

I myself have maxed out the metaprog tree (level 130) and generally play Solo, so a lot off my advice is based off this fact. There are absolutely certain scrolls that make dealing with enemies much easier (I despair a bit if I don't get a good movement scroll on Dog or Cat) but one thing that trips people up since it isn't mentioned anywhere in game is holding certain weapons out makes you slower. I had a similar issue with the world 2 alt boss till I realized the issue was I was holding a heavy weapon out and swapped to the basic pistol whenever I needed to run and started having far less trouble.

There are only a handful of Elites in the game I truly dread meeting and usually there is a condition attached that makes them feel actually threatening. Elite Oni is up there as Most Dangerous Elite on my list of things that kill me regularly. But then again, everything in Duo Frejlord is extremely threatening and should be treated with respect. Hell, the whole zone feels like a check on if you've managed to put together a good enough build to deal with single targets AND crowds of enemies.

If y'all want I do have some general trips for every Elite (except Kappa, every time I've seen it since the updated it's been instantly gibbed) I can write up an :effortless: post. Arsonist in particular has That One Weird Tip that's completely counterintuitive for dealing with it.

edit: I think I didn't really communicate effectively what I was trying to convey, or got a little offtrack. I think the game does become a bit like rocket tag later on (world 3 usually) and can become really frustrating to deal with. I wouldn't mind a little rebalancing of some of the timings of Elite monster attacks (Oni slamming out ground pound/pufferfish rapid fire etc) but generally I feel everything is relatively fair overall. When I struggle with something in the game it's usually because I didn't bring effective weapons to deal with it or simply underestimated it and suffered for my hubris.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 5, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

How much meta prog do I need before normal feels doable? Right now I'm around meta 25 and the 2nd world consistently wrecks me, I've gotten to the boss only once.

Level 50-55, in solo.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

If y'all want I do have some general trips for every Elite (except Kappa, every time I've seen it since the updated it's been instantly gibbed) I can write up an :effortless: post. Arsonist in particular has That One Weird Tip that's completely counterintuitive for dealing with it.

Effort posts are always welcomed.

Btw, there is no section in the wiki for the enemies affixes right? Resistive, powerful, agile,all that.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
I'm having trouble figuring out the mechanics of the Bird boss in the 2nd biome.

On death, the help text says to shoot the vortexes? But are those the whirlpool-quicksand things or the tornado thing? Either way seems like I shoot through them with no hit marker. I've seen some purple damage numbers a couple times but haven't figured out how that happens yet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Turin Turambar posted:

Effort posts are always welcomed.

Btw, there is no section in the wiki for the enemies affixes right? Resistive, powerful, agile,all that.

Aight I'll get to work on a full write up tonight, as is I'll explain The One Weird Tip for Elite Arsonist:

Hug it. No, really. Run right up to it and press as close as you can to it slightly off to the right of its gun and whenever it fires it'll go right over your head. You can also circle strafe either clockwise or counterclockwise right in his face if you feel more comfortable with that. Takes a bit of practice but once you figure out the spot it's very safe, though the Arsonist will occasionally try to punch you away you will always have more than enough time to get back in its face and in the safety zone. Probably won't work if you have an explosion weapon. Generally I recommend a decent Lightning weapon in this World 2 just for this Elite, it's shield is incredibly fat.

Zet posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out the mechanics of the Bird boss in the 2nd biome.

On death, the help text says to shoot the vortexes? But are those the whirlpool-quicksand things or the tornado thing? Either way seems like I shoot through them with no hit marker. I've seen some purple damage numbers a couple times but haven't figured out how that happens yet.

I didn't even know this is a thing you could do, I guess that's what I get for ignoring help texts. I assume it would be the tornado that chases you, the ground traps seem like they ignore any interaction other than being walked on or dashed out of. Purple damage text means you're getting a double up on a Lucky Shot proc by having anywhere between 101% to 200% Lucky Shot chance, if you've hit 200% Lucky Shot chance it'll always be purple text. Red text means you managed to triple up Lucky Shot and have between 201% and 300% Lucky Shot chance.

Lucky Shot chance is real good.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

I didn't even know this is a thing you could do, I guess that's what I get for ignoring help texts. I assume it would be the tornado that chases you, the ground traps seem like they ignore any interaction other than being walked on or dashed out of. Purple damage text means you're getting a double up on a Lucky Shot proc by having anywhere between 101% to 200% Lucky Shot chance, if you've hit 200% Lucky Shot chance it'll always be purple text. Red text means you managed to triple up Lucky Shot and have between 201% and 300% Lucky Shot chance.

Lucky Shot chance is real good.

Yeah... the whole fight seems poorly explained by the mechanics, especially as they are very punishing once you're in the tornado. I had thought getting caught in the tornado was where the "Dash to break free!" text came from... and if it's the tornado, I wonder if it's when the boss goes invuln. I got hit markers then but it was a whole mess of wooshy wind graphics and I had no idea what I was actually hitting.

I didn't know that about the text! I usually see red/yellow pretty close together so figured one was head shot/crit damage and the other was lucky.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The tornadoes show up as red diamonds on the map so I guess there’s probably some way to destroy them but shooting into them did nothing when I tried, and it turns out they can catch up to you even with 3 dashes if your character is slow enough so uhhh

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017

Osmosisch posted:

In my view the game is simply 100 percent balanced around coop. With someone to pick you up if you get oneshot, and with sharing weapons and scrolls help with bad lot drops a lot of the problems just disappear.

It does seem that playing in co-op is generally easier (and better rewards I think).

I am around level 60 or so but I have only made it to the third world twice (and in both cases got one shot by something - I don't really know what enemy it was, though).

My general strategy is to play Dog and try to get as many of the Explosive talents as possible (extra explosive damage, extra grenades, etc). I don't think that I really ever use the dual-wielding ability ....

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Pasha posted:

I am around level 60 or so but I have only made it to the third world twice (and in both cases got one shot by something - I don't really know what enemy it was, though).

Kappas sniping you or swordsmen sneaking up on you. Once you figure out the audio tell for kappas charging their death orbs they're extremely easy to deal with though, they're glass cannons that float above the other enemies and need to do a long charge up you can hear from any distance. The octopus and king shark are the most dangerous enemies in world 3 but you also have plenty of time to realize what's happening if they're killing you.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pasha posted:

My general strategy is to play Dog and try to get as many of the Explosive talents as possible (extra explosive damage, extra grenades, etc). I don't think that I really ever use the dual-wielding ability ....

This is your problem, grenades loving suck and dual wielding is 2x DPS (becomes 4x DPS with a single goblet). Explosive goblets that affect explosives in general rather than grenades specifically are good though

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

This is your problem, grenades loving suck and dual wielding is 2x DPS (becomes 4x DPS with a single goblet). Explosive goblets that affect explosives in general rather than grenades specifically are good though

Well, maybe that is why I rarely get far into World 2! I would assume that the talents that give you multiple grenades and way more grenade damage would be worth it, but maybe not ...

Are "grenades" for the new character (lightning tiger?) equally as bad? They seem to be pretty decent in World 1 at least.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Pasha posted:

Well, maybe that is why I rarely get far into World 2! I would assume that the talents that give you multiple grenades and way more grenade damage would be worth it, but maybe not ...

Are "grenades" for the new character (lightning tiger?) equally as bad? They seem to be pretty decent in World 1 at least.

I beat the game (on Normal) with a build focused on them, so they are better.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Pasha posted:

Grenades are only bad on the dog. On the dog they're only useful in the first zone before you have a good weapon, and you can throw them during long reload animations for free damage.
On the lightning wizard leopard: You deal a ton of AOE damage with chain lightning, especially since your Q gives you a damage bonus to them. The goblets for chain lighting are also decent but not as good as most of his lightning bolt based goblets.
Crown prince: Grenades are good for their slow without any goblets. They can clear out groups of weaker enemies if you buff their damage, but Hex Smoke is probably the prince's second best goblet behind Energy Blade -- Crown Prince is also the only character I'd say has 'best' goblets regardless of build.
Bird: Can become ridiculously powerful if you get the damage bonus on kill goblet early. Otherwise it's extremely useful for the great utility goblets it gets (e.g. gain armor on hit with slash)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Evil Kit's Evil Guide to Elites: A Solo Experience Guide to dealing with Elites

Welcome to my tips guide for (mostly) every Elite in the game! This is gonna be a bit of a stream of thought guide, and if you think I've missed something feel free to speak up and I'll add it in! Add in a liberal spice of "I play this game primarily Solo and are max level" as a point of reference while you read. Let's get started!

Longling Tomb Elites-

Elite Spearman: Spin to win in an Elite nutshell. Has a huge Armor pool so a Corrosion weapon is very helpful, both to burn through the armor bar AND the Corrosion status effect to keep it CC'd. Spacing is key, you should never walk toward this Elite if you can help it. Once you break it's armor bar it goes down quickly. Dog will have the most trouble with this Elite without a Corrosion weapon due to being not quite fast enough to escape, Bird can just Leap away, Tiger is so fast it'll never catch you anyway and Cat comes with Corrosion grenades and CC.

Evil Kit's pro tips: this guy right here is the reason I'm always on the look out for any kind of Corrosion weapon early on but a sufficiently high enough DPS weapon is also enough if you're playing as Bird or Tiger. Cat does fine thanks to smoke grenades and his primary ability, I always prioritize some kind of corrosion weapon as Dog. Make sure to keep an eye out for when it does its AOE projectile throw, it can catch you off guard.

Elite Horsehead: Giant pile of HP + a massive shield that blocks most gunfire means the Elite Horsehead is mostly going to be a drain on ammo reserves as you whittle it down. Not particularly threatening attack wise, don't stand in front of it basically. Coincidentally, you want to circle strafe around it to try and hit it from the back and sides. Occasionally summons reinforcement enemies that will usually drop ammo for you, focus these first before trying to finish off the Horsehead.

Evil Kit's pro tips: Explosions and Piercing weapons are your friend as they let you entirely ignore the shield it wields. Getting close and circle strafing it is your friend, as Horseheads in general have a slow turn radius. I recommend ignoring this Elite if there are actually dangerous ones like Longbowman or such in the room, you can pretty safely leave it for last.

Elite Beetle: An giant beetle that charges across rooms and summons beetles to harass you. Also a giant sack of HP, special note that its eyes are its Crit point. The charge is well telegraphed and easy to dodge, mostly a time and ammo sink. Fire weapon recommended if you have it, make sure to clear out the beetle babies it summons so they don't bite you to death while you're distracted.

Evil Kit's pro tips: While easy to dodge the charges, if you get hit they do a poo poo ton of damage so spacing is key. If you need more ammo don't be afraid to turn on the other enemies that typically spawn with it to get some more. Not a big threat Elite, one or two encounters will get you into the flow of dealing with it.

Desert Elites-

Elite Lizard: One of the most memorable Elite enemies for anyone who has played since launch, Elite Lizards demonstrate that World 2 Elites are not loving around. A massive armor bar, a couple of nasty long range attacks AND a crushing melee makes this a dangerous foe. Mid to long range is your best bet vs Elite Lizard, and always keep an eye out for its giant fireball attack. If you get hit by it, you will die.

Evil Kit's pro tips: The corrosion ball attack it fires at you can be destroyed if you are mindful enough to be able to shoot the balls. I always try and stay far away with a handy piece of terrain to juke behind if I need a breather. Don't stay too long though as the Lizard is more than happy to huck a giant fireball that will clip through and kill you. Clean up its minions quickly before trying to kill it so you can focus on dodging it properly. If you see it charging the giant fireball attack make sure to save your dash till you see the big circle the fireball will land in.

Elite Coyote: Wow! You actually got an Elite Coyote spawn, congratulations! Has a nasty non-homing ranged attack and will alternate between that and charging at you. Big sack of HP, it's head is its crit weakpoint. Nothing too fancy, you may need to save your dash to get out of the way of the charge unlike Elite Beetle.

Evil Kit's pro tips: I seriously can't congratulate you enough on actually having one of these spawn. Pretty straightforward melee Elite with a surprise ranged attack that's pretty easy to dodge. Don't take too long to burn down, killing it unlocks a decent occult scroll.

Elite Arsonist: Slow moving, massive shield, deals Corrosion damage and the associated crippling slow debuff. Spacing is key, stay very far away and try to aim for its head due to its massive shield and health pool. Having a strong Lightning damage weapon helps deal with the Arsonist more efficiently. Don't try to kill it by exploding its barrel, pretty sure that strat doesn't work on it unlike it's normal versions.

Evil Kit's pro tips: This is counterintuitive, but the safest place is hugging this big boy. Ram your face into the Arsonist and it'll uselessly shoot over your head, unable to damage you. Will occasionally try to punch you away but the damage isn't threatening and by the time it can recover from the animation to start firing again you can be hugging it again. The only real danger with this strategy is accidentally backstepping into the line of fire or getting shot by the other enemies that spawn in. Takes some confidence and practice, don't be afraid to just as far away as you can.

Elite Henchman: The devs gave the Elite Horsehead a gun and turned it into a lizard. Unlike the former, Elite Henchman is actually dangerous at ranged with a pretty fast moving but telegraphed ranged attack, an AOE attack that hits in lines all around it up close and a nasty melee smack to the front. Also summons reinforcement enemies, usually coyotes but take too long and they'll upgrade to lizardman.

Evil Kit's pro tips: Piercing and Explosion weapons are your friend for anything that has a shield once again. Be aware when it's charging up its AOE attack as it can actually hit behind it, despite that it's still generally safer to be behind this Elite. Not terribly threatening by itself, it's the enemies accompanying it that make it dangerous so take those out first.

Elite Hermit: The Elite Hermit has a threatening long ranged attack, leaves mines everywhere and summons transparent coyotes. Has a decentish Shield but is otherwise one of the squishier Elites. The mines are very obvious and terrain can be used to your advantage to avoid its sniper shots. The coyotes it summons, although transparent, don't have any more health than your average coyote although they do leave behind mines when they die.

Evil Kit's pro tips: I generally find these unthreatening as they die to a stiff breeze in the face of a decent build/weapon. Lightning helps deal with its shield if you need that, otherwise a fairly slow moving enemy that stands still for long periods of time to try and do flashy things. Has a large head hitbox, easy crits.

Duo Freljord Elites-

Elite Yaksha: Welcome to the most dangerous Elite in the game. Ranged ground attack a mile wide that nearly kills you or outright oneshots you. Homerun bats a pufferfish at you pretty accurately that also does a shitload of damage. Get too close and it'll kill you in a single clubbing. Has a large chunk of Armor to make sure it has the time to get at least a few rotations of those skills off to kill you. A strong corrosion weapon and some terrain is recommended.

Evil Kit's pro tips: This is the Elite in the game that has killed me the most after it was added. Highly recommend having a prop to duck behind to avoid the giant force wave attack, and you can actually shoot the pufferfish out of the air even during the wind up where the Yaksha is doing the batting motion. Be on your toes, this Elite is going to end a lot of your runs if you aren't always on the ball when fighting it.

Elite Monk: Elite Monk teleports around, steals your life and occasionally fires balls of energy at you. Just a giant pile of health that also has the ability to steal health. Requires you to keep constant damage pressure on it, so keep firing as you back away from the life steal aura. It will win long protracted battles unless you happen to be Bird.

Evil Kit's pro tips: One of the few Elites that stands out for me in the few times I've played Multiplayer, in which it will 100% out lifesteal any damage done to it because it can hit multiple targets. Best to have your entire team split up to different corners so it can only life steal from one person at a time. Fire weapons help burn it down (heh) faster.

Elite Corrupt Monk: Decently large health that splits into mirror images and throws energy orbs at you. One of the few Elites where good AOE really helps, if you don't kill it fast it can cause some trouble.

Evil Kit's pro tips: This thing kinda just dies if you look at it funny with a decent build so I don't really have many opinions on its attacks. As mentioned one of the few Elites where good AOE really helps.

Elite Catfish: Used to be a joke, but with the update is it now very dangerous. A good corrosion weapon helps deal with its armor, stay as far from it as possible while strafing right or left when its doing the ranged cross sword aura attack, you may need to blow a dash occasionally to keep ahead of it. Once it starts rushing at you with its teleport slash backpedal hard and save your dash for when it initiates the final portion of teleport strike.

Evil Kit's pro tips: haha catfish go brrrr. Never, EVER get within melee range of this Elite. It will kill you no matter how good your build is. Stay real loving far and be alert for the teleport slash.

Elite Lobster: BANZAI! You actually got this motherfucker to spawn, my sincere congratulations to you! A giant sack of HP that fires an unrelenting artillery at you with the occasional short break to reload its cannons. Doesn't do anything fancy, the fireballs will most assuredly kill you if you let them hit. Keep strafing and dashing to keep ahead as you burn this fat sack of health down.

Evil Kit's pro tips: KILL IT! ACQUIRE THE DUAL FANG LAPPY! Seriously one of the rarest Elites in the game right next to Coyote, has an awesome weapon unlock attached to it. Don't let the large explosion sounds overwhelm you and it's a fairly easy (for Duo Frejlord) Elite to deal with. If it has alternate attacks aside from the shelling I've never seen them.

Elite Kappa: I guess it teleports around and throws dangerous energy balls at you? It's a Kappa, it dies if you shoot it in the face, that's the extant of my experience. I'm sure I'll change my tune once I run into this Elite without a decent build so it can actually live for longer than 5 seconds to do something threatening at me. I still provide any Elite in Duo Frejlord healthy respect however so kill it hard and fast before it does the same to you.

Evil Kit's pro tips: These exist I guess? Feels like it falls under the "did you manage to make a good build" clause of Duo Frejlord.

Annnnd that's it! Maybe they'll add more Elites in the future, I wouldn't mind even more variety even if perhaps there's not many gimmicks I can think of.