Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zwabu posted:

NewsMax and Fox seem to have taken a position that they're not going to promote "election was stolen/Dominion/etc." claims on their site anymore due to legal liability and they seem to be adhering to it.

No way is Trump going to go on those networks and do anything but spew a bunch of stolen election nonsense.

MyPillow guy will though, because he pays for the ads

Trump doesn't pay anybody anything lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Night10194 posted:

Hoping the extremists win more power struggles for 'infighting' historically ends up ending the infighting and putting every GOP politician lock-step behind the extremists, granting them more power, since 2010.

hey, id rather have the boring evil assholes who will work and do good sometimes even if its at gunpoint or bad reasons like kasich than some loving chaotic assholes like greene or trump.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Trump is slowly getting the message that he has to buy one of these fringe right-wing "news" outlets. God knows it would solve his Twitter problem.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hey, id rather have the boring evil assholes who will work and do good sometimes even if its at gunpoint or bad reasons like kasich than some loving chaotic assholes like greene or trump.

I'm saying every time they have that fight, the 'boring evil assholes' don't just lose, they don't bother to fight, and then the psychos take over more and more.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

James Garfield posted:

And she did that while driving 1.6 times around the world on her campaign!

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/02/lauren-boebert-colorado-congress-campaign-finance/

81 8-hour days traveling at an average of 60mph. Lol.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Fart Amplifier posted:

What does "takes issue with having said that" even mean in this context?

She's presumably trying to cast doubt that she ever said or posted such things, if you delete the tweets it means you never said it!

It's like Trump trying to declare he never actually said the stuff in the Hollywood Access tape.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Night10194 posted:

I'm saying every time they have that fight, the 'boring evil assholes' don't just lose, they don't bother to fight, and then the psychos take over more and more.

Yarp. The idea that "oh this will tear through them for years" or "the money men will clearly prefer the less insane option" doesn't seem to have applied since 2008.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Another thing, re Trump -

The issue of him being deplatformed by Twitter and Facebook nonwithstanding, I do think losing the election changed him.

Whether or not he could ever realize it or admit it to himself, he was chastened and humiliated by the loss.

It's why, even when he still had the Presidential bully pulpit, he barely made any appearances after the election. I still don't think he's entirely processed it and I'm not sure he ever will fully recover. He can't deal with a world where he has to go out in front of cameras and look at a country staring back at him that mostly said "gently caress you" at the ballot box, even though he would never outwardly admit that's what happened.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

James Garfield posted:

And she did that while driving 1.6 times around the world on her campaign!

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/02/lauren-boebert-colorado-congress-campaign-finance/

maybe the clean district lines on the map are an approximation , and her district actual has an inf length, and she just barely visited 0% of her peeps.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Djarum posted:

It is because the establishment has the ear and interests of the money. It is not good business to support literal insurrections, terrorism and insanity in this country. You lose the money backing you, it is game over in terms of being able to run as a political party. So you might have a lot of these idiots trying to out-crazy each other, when time comes to be able to run again the bank accounts are going to be at zero. Either they will heavily fund and astroturf moderates or at least crazies that know when to shut the gently caress up or just cut their losses on the GOP entirely and try to get what centralist Democrats they can locked in before the split there.

Fox is trying to find it's way in a post-Trump world. They got a little too attached to Trump and are now paying dearly for it. Since there is no great campaign for their viewers to live in a fantasy that they are fighting in now they are kinda out in the wind. If I were them I'd try and pivot and try to become the world news source, which I think there is an opening for at this point. Domestic news in the current world is heavily favored towards a CNN which has a ton of bureaus. The you can then try to push a Right Wing narrative if you so choose on foreign affairs which will likely become more and more important in the coming years. Though it will take awhile to wash the stink off of them. Being straight laced, business focused news might work for them for awhile. I feel like the appetite for opinion driven stuff is starting to fade, as seen by CNN's ratings jumping massively for the last few months. Granted they aren't entirely opinion/talking head free, but for US news it is as close as you are going to get.

Personally I just wish they would bring back the old Headline News. Everyone I know that used to watch it says the same thing. I don't know why they got rid of it. It was a great just "leave on" channel.

There's also a ton of businesses which will lean hard R, Jewish Space Laser rants or no. There's no way in the universe Marathon Petroleum is going to start lobbying the Democratic Party for literally anything at all.

However, corporate titans are generally some of the most anti-racist organizations out there these days, they don't want to be seen as racist and they want to be able to hire anyone. Being whites-only cuts down on their recruitment funnel pretty hard, ditto with any other bigotry you can think of. Individuals within these titanic places are still trash though.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Please watch with sound on its worth the 40 seconds.
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1356986133519998976

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

TwoQuestions posted:

There's also a ton of businesses which will lean hard R, Jewish Space Laser rants or no. There's no way in the universe Marathon Petroleum is going to start lobbying the Democratic Party for literally anything at all.

However, corporate titans are generally some of the most anti-racist organizations out there these days, they don't want to be seen as racist and they want to be able to hire anyone. Being whites-only cuts down on their recruitment funnel pretty hard, ditto with any other bigotry you can think of. Individuals within these titanic places are still trash though.

what's significant though is gop donors are already splitting into groups that will only fund insurrectionists and others that refuse to fund insurrections (the latter currently includes like wal mart and home depot and ge and so on)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/CassidyWtv/status/1357104200111505417

sounds like kyle and mummy went to the safe house without telling the court.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1357107515503366146

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1357131117250437120

good times ahead.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 4, 2021

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Neat, I'm sure he'll be safe enough in jail.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I have a feeling that the pictures of him at the bar palling around with other nazis will not help his case here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I have a feeling that the pictures of him at the bar palling around with other nazis will not help his case here.

yeah, proud boys at that, and those fuckers are on actual meaningful watchlists now. little fucker was praying for a pardon and that not happening + the coup attempt and this isnt helping his chances of escaping jail time.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
If this is accurate, then Biden will have increased the unemployment rate by nearly 2.4% and shrunk the U.S. GDP by $1.3 trillion in just one week.

That is going to be a rough record to run on for re-election.

https://twitter.com/HouseGOP/status/1356295448974270464

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bugsy posted:

Please watch with sound on its worth the 40 seconds.
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1356986133519998976

I guess we finally found perot's "giant sucking sound"

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Probably not. And at the end of the day, courts typically take a dim view of felony murder defendants disappearing for two months without saying anything.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

All these years in and it's still so loving funny they're doing this for a game show host who's the dumbest man alive.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Zwabu posted:

Another thing, re Trump -

The issue of him being deplatformed by Twitter and Facebook nonwithstanding, I do think losing the election changed him.

Whether or not he could ever realize it or admit it to himself, he was chastened and humiliated by the loss.

It's why, even when he still had the Presidential bully pulpit, he barely made any appearances after the election. I still don't think he's entirely processed it and I'm not sure he ever will fully recover. He can't deal with a world where he has to go out in front of cameras and look at a country staring back at him that mostly said "gently caress you" at the ballot box, even though he would never outwardly admit that's what happened.

do you think he's acknowledged that he actually lost yet.

I'm not being sarcastic, like I picture him just stalking through mar a lago boring everyone about how he won and the election was stolen and it was the greatest crime in history and blah blah blah fuckety blah until everyone wants to start puking coathangers

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dapper_Swindler posted:

little fucker was praying for a pardon and that not happening + the coup attempt and this isnt helping his chances of escaping jail time.

I'm not sure why you'd think the Governor of Wisconsin was ever going to give him a pardon. "Praying" implies desperation but so far all he does is self-own and look arrogant doing it.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If this is accurate, then Biden will have increased the unemployment rate by nearly 2.4% and shrunk the U.S. GDP by $1.3 trillion in just one week.

It's House GOP non-sense. The same people cheering on the Q-lady, you gonna believe a drat thing to come out of them?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

TwoQuestions posted:

I think at a certain point those companies that would lean hard R would donate to no one than the wackjobs. We have seen that already from a lot of companies. There is a serious liability being connected to this stuff as a business and not just the bottom line which is most important.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i mean i dont trust the loving house GOP to be telling the truth.

Craptacular! posted:

I'm not sure why you'd think the Governor of Wisconsin was ever going to give him a pardon. "Praying" implies desperation but so far all he does is self-own and look arrogant doing it.

i mean trump. he was probably hoping trump would help him.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Stickman posted:

That's pretty much the least offensive fact about her. I know plenty of people without GEDs that I'd rather have in Congress than any of the Republicans.

Boeberts better educated than 90% of her constituents and the fact that her husbands record only includes flashing his genitalia at teenage girls puts him in the ‘very eligible bachelor’ category in the Springs.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Pushing too large a stimulus:

100,000,000 jobs lost.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

olylifter posted:

I'm not being sarcastic, like I picture him just stalking through mar a lago boring everyone about how he won and the election was stolen and it was the greatest crime in history and blah blah blah fuckety blah until everyone wants to start puking coathangers

no and he never will. the thing is he is a old boomer fuckhead who is too dumb/lazy to find a way to bypass twitter and just go on OANN or whatever.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Darkrenown posted:

The focus is on Greene right not, but is it generally known that Boebert only got her GED shortly before running for congress? That's pretty... yikes.

Eh, as someone who teaches students trying to get their GED, high school education has no bearing on if a person is naturally intelligent or not.

An untold amount of my students have any number of mundane to horrific reasons why their formal education stopped or never happened, and are extremely intelligent otherwise.

Let's not use "lol they didn't even finish High School" when people like Hawley exist and he went to Ivy League. As the Q numbers show among the college educated, one can be well educated and still be stupid and delusional, and it's frankly unnecessary to punch down at the less fortunate in that case.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 4, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darkrenown posted:

The focus is on Greene right not, but is it generally known that Boebert only got her GED shortly before running for congress? That's pretty... yikes.

Her degree is literally irrelevant, why would that matter at all. What matters are her lovely politics.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Even with a very generous counting of support jobs and administrative jobs related to the oil extraction, Biden has apparently destroyed 872% of all oil and gas extraction jobs in the United States by not issuing new leases on federal land.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i dont trust the loving house GOP to be telling the truth.

Says ‘est.’ in the graphic lol. It’s literally heritage foundation propaganda.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cruz and Hawley have law degrees from two of the top schools. Trump has a degree from one of the best business schools.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1357134766953422861
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1357136201136943109

sounds like cheney is done

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

olylifter posted:

Telling Georgia they should announce they “recounted” and just changed the totals is a clear indication he knows its all a big lie.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TulliusCicero posted:

Eh, as someone who teaches students trying to get their GED, high school education has no bearing on if a person is naturally intelligent or not.

An untold amount of my students have any number of mundane to horrific reasons why their formal education stopped or never happened, and are extremely intelligent otherwise.

Let's not use "lol they didn't even finish High School" when people like Hawley exist and he went to Ivy League. As the Q numbers show among the college educated, one can be well educated and still be stupid and delusional, and it's frankly unnecessary to punch down at the less fortunate in that case.

Also let's just avoid trying to intimate that there should be anything like an "intelligence requirement" at all.

The people of this great nation are absolutely dumb as gently caress, and whether we like it or not, it's a god damned representative democracy. The Congress is and ought to be chock loving full of shithead morons.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

spunkshui posted:

Telling Georgia they should announce they “recounted” and just changed the totals is a clear indication he knows its all a big lie.

To these people, "facts" are an expression of power by the powerful, not descriptions of reality. Prester Jane said it better (and much more lengthy) than I could, are they still around?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Fame Douglas posted:

Her degree is literally irrelevant, why would that matter at all. What matters are her lovely politics.

Calling passing highschool level tests a degree is something alright.

I dunno, I'm surprised a congressperson only recently passed highschool, sorry if that's just accepted norms for you.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is telling the the Republicans closed ranks around a lunatic and turned on one of the few members who showed hints of a spine and acknowledged reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It was pretty much confirmed when he voted for reconciliation, but Manchin just officially confirmed that he is fine with the $1.9 trillion price tag and doesn't see any need to lower the cost or make any major changes.

He did also say that $15 an hour is too high of a minimum wage for West Virginia and he opposes that. But, he wouldn't say if it was dealbreaker.

https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/1356970264987377669