Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

please will someone think of aoc's sterling reputation as the lady who wants poor people to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

"pragmatism" in politics is also typically just another word for corruption, it plays off the liberal sense that being pragmatic and reasonable means doing horrible poo poo

im reminded of the "practical" incarnation in Planescape: Torment

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't need russia today or whoever to tell me AOC is not good, I can look at her actions or lack there of.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1357357645229940739

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
just noticed the thread title lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DoomTrainPhD posted:

A reminder: It is now a probational punishment if you talk about Tara Reade in the UsPol thread. The probes are immediate and are considered trolling.
d&d mods are defending rape by doing this by banning discussion that is topically relevant again to us politics to the point the victim published an op-ed about it

they wouldn't ban discussion if it was about anyone not on team blue raping

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Breakfast All Day posted:

mcmagic please show me the media thats good and serving a good purpose. ill be waiting

cant wait to get a whole helping of that good, well intentioned media that i can consume at face value

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1356711927918039041

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

loquacius posted:

the problem with these posts is that if you sub out the name "AOC" with "Hillary" and pretend it's 2015, they make exactly as much sense

AOC is, of course, much better than Hillary, and the RT thing was again clickbaity and misleading, but if you find yourself arguing for pragmatism and being realistic instead of screaming online, you should realize what you sound like

The same people turning on AOC are the ones who spent the last four years talking about how better things weren't possible and Dems were going to get obliterated in 2020, etc. AOC is starting to focus more on actually helping people rather than posting incoherent screeches online about how Dems bad, and that is ruffling some feathers.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I mean I guess technically that's chicken soup

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

your next mayor NYC lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

At least this is better pandering to jews than backing off his correct anti circumcision take.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

d&d mods are defending rape by doing this by banning discussion that is topically relevant again to us politics to the point the victim published an op-ed about it

they wouldn't ban discussion if it was about anyone not on team blue raping

It's disgusting behavior, and I am really, REALLY glad that capam is a top-level forum now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mcmagic posted:

correct anti circumcision take.

boy this morning is just magical isn't it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

I don't need russia today or whoever to tell me AOC is not good, I can look at her actions or lack there of.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bedpan posted:

im reminded of the "practical" incarnation in Planescape: Torment

that's a good example of it in fiction yeah, though unlike "pragmatic" liberals the practical incarnation actually accomplished things, albeit in the most unnecessarily dickish way possible

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

while yangs ai is getting better its still easily tricked by obvious adversarial cases like this

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The same people turning on AOC are the ones who spent the last four years talking about how better things weren't possible and Dems were going to get obliterated in 2020, etc. AOC is starting to focus more on actually helping people rather than posting incoherent screeches online about how Dems bad, and that is ruffling some feathers.

thank goodness we have aoc protecting people from the risks of having healthcare.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

I'll make this easy for you since you seem to be too thick to actually grasp the point.

70s era Soviet Anti Racism Propaganda not lying about racism in the US = Good and serving a positive purpose

2021 Tweet lying about AOC protesting an empty parking lot = Bad and serving a negative purpose

I'll make this easy for you also:

If you want to argue that we should disregard the tweet because it is lying about what AOC did, do that

People are making GBS threads on you because instead you were coming off as though we should disregard the tweet purely because it was coming from RT

Because obviously RT is not the only media platform that is capable of lying about things

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

it is a goddamn miracle that the Dems didn't get obliterated in 2020

if his absolutely disastrous COVID response didn't cause Trump's first term to completely derail right at the end, there's no way he would have lost to a campaign as completely anemic as Joe Biden's, and even with a quarter-million dead Americans Biden just barely limped over the finish line

I think if you are trying to tell me the Dems are in fact good you are posting in the wrong thread

mcmagic posted:

At least this is better pandering to jews than backing off his correct anti circumcision take.

speaking as a Jew, no it isn't lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

uninterrupted posted:

thank goodness we have aoc protecting people from the risks of having healthcare.

AOC hasn't given up fighting - she was vocal about $2000 checks being $2000 checks and being paid monthly. She still wants M4A, but lying to voters and saying you'll get it if you vote in the GA races would be incredibly stupid. Of course, people aren't talking about M4A right now though, it's not possible to pass without getting rid of the filibuster, and that's a fight all of its own that is holding up a lot of good things. We're 2.5 weeks into Dem control and they're busy with the COVID relief bill, I'll worry about AOC a year from now when elections start heating up and see if she has backtracked from her biggest policy positions.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Raskolnikov38 posted:

boy this morning is just magical isn't it

I guess Russophobia isn't the liberal's only outlier for their racism itch!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

mcmagic, there are other threads for you to talk about penises

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoomTrainPhD posted:

AOC hasn't given up fighting - she was vocal about $2000 checks being $2000 checks and being paid monthly. She still wants M4A, but lying to voters and saying you'll get it if you vote in the GA races would be incredibly stupid. Of course, people aren't talking about M4A right now though, it's not possible to pass without getting rid of the filibuster, and that's a fight all of its own that is holding up a lot of good things. We're 2.5 weeks into Dem control and they're busy with the COVID relief bill, I'll worry about AOC a year from now when elections start heating up and see if she has backtracked from her biggest policy positions.
You loving sucker

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

loquacius posted:

I think if you are trying to tell me the Dems are in fact good you are posting in the wrong thread
Lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

what the gently caress

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I always knew mcmagic was anti-Semitic

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

loquacius posted:

if his absolutely disastrous COVID response didn't cause Trump's first term to completely derail right at the end, there's no way he would have lost to a campaign as completely anemic as Joe Biden's, and even with a quarter-million dead Americans Biden just barely limped over the finish line

Do you want me to source my quotes? :)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DoomTrainPhD posted:

aoc's kokoro

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

It's dnd posts you fuckin rubes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Stop defending politicians

They are all scum that will stab you in the back the second you stop attacking them

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Dolphin posted:

You loving sucker

if you see a post with punctuation and worm trails its from A Bad Place

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No no, you see it's the COMING midterms that are important, not the 2020 election we just had

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

2020 felt like reality itself was bending in order to help Biden in every way possible like he was sort of cosmic wizard.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

loquacius posted:

tfw the ik is paying attention

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Do you want me to source my quotes? :)

ohhhhhhhhhhh :buddy:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

so uhhh where’s my loving money?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Phone posted:

tfw the ik is paying attention

six hours for making me take the bait

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

the Detroit pizza was fine, but this...this....

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

loquacius posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhh :buddy:

I told this thread yesterday if there was any more Jimmy loving Doore chat I'm going to start posting more succ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Populon posted:

It's dnd posts you fuckin rubes

😞