Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
I am not a huge music person but to me at that age you have time to get into it and you have fewer real important things in your life to actually care about.

When I was young, I spent years obsessively combing pre-owned stores for good films, if only to share with others.

I probably haven't intentionally seen a new film in three years lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
I just ate a butter and peanut butter sandwhich and feel good. Man.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
out of weed :(

got some on order but canada post doesn't ship it to your door so tomorrow I get a door tag at 9am that tells me I can pick up my weed at the post office the day after. because that makes sense

just lemme get weed delivered goddammit government there are divided states of amerikkka that have that figured out and we don't for some reason

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Kazinsal posted:

out of weed :(

got some on order but canada post doesn't ship it to your door so tomorrow I get a door tag at 9am that tells me I can pick up my weed at the post office the day after. because that makes sense

just lemme get weed delivered goddammit government there are divided states of amerikkka that have that figured out and we don't for some reason

they delivered it to my community mailbox the one time i did it through the official store, and also every time ive order from unofficial stores

also I usually pick it up the same day I get those letters on my door if the place is open past 5

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I'd recommend eating a whole gram once. As long as you're off the next day.

doing this next time i buy concentrate, gonna grab an extra gram just to infuse and eat and get incredibly hosed up with

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

doing this next time i buy concentrate, gonna grab an extra gram just to infuse and eat and get incredibly hosed up with

Seriously I had to call out the next day and just slept for like 36 hours lmao

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm not sure that matters, after all, you could eat distillate if you wanted to, and that's just hash. You'd be brushing your teeth with coconut oil for the rest of the day, but you'd be high as poo poo

For distillate definitely, but if I'm making cannabudder with flower, there's gotta be a max saturation point no? It really doesn't matter that much but I remember when I was visiting CA I bought a big rear end cookie that allegedly had 1000 mg THC. I only ate a tiny bit but honestly I don't doubt the dosing, that thing was STRONG and I've always wanted to replicate it. Maybe they used concentrate?!

Anyway new page, new cat pic

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Virgil Vox posted:

do you think the music taste that sticks with you the rest of your life was cemented when you sorta found or discovered yourself as a person in your (typically) 20s ?

personal experience? no, my playlist expands in all directions constantly, though i do have periodic jazz or texas swing episodes that frighten me.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Yea absolutely not I love exploring new genres I would have never listened to in my 20s. For instance i just found out about Saharan Rock and it fuggin kills. If you never grow or expand outside your 20 year old self I could see it, but that is boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWyTaPK7VqY

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Seriously I had to call out the next day and just slept for like 36 hours lmao

yeah thinking if I do this it'll be as a "last hurrah" before a self-imposed tolerance/wallet break

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea absolutely not I love exploring new genres I would have never listened to in my 20s. For instance i just found out about Saharan Rock and it fuggin kills. If you never grow or expand outside your 20 year old self I could see it, but that is boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWyTaPK7VqY

:yeshaha:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_blues

i love that poo poo. i first found out about it when i was a kid, because my dad had a Tinariwen tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACZA9dGvV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvPoE0EH1o

Virgil Vox posted:

do you think the music taste that sticks with you the rest of your life was cemented when you sorta found or discovered yourself as a person in your (typically) 20s ?

somewhat

I first started looking for music on my own when i was in 4th and 5th grade, with rap and dance music, then in middle school i got way more into rap, and also drum n bass, and movie soundtracks and eventually electronic music in general. then in high school and my 20s i also got into metal, blues, jazz, funk and all kinds of other poo poo. I like most music, but my go to music that i choose without thinking about it (and also that i've been making for 20 years lol) is usually the earlier stuff that i first got into. Hip hop/various electronic music styles. i wish i was a bad rear end guitar master though

Rah! has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Feb 3, 2021

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda
weed and pets
good thread

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hairy Marionette posted:

weed and pets
good thread

:hai:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

the ronco autonomous self-walking dog, as seen on TV

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/joint_art/status/1325134453652385792

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This track is great, thanks. My first introduction to that style was Justin Adams' Desert Road when I was in my teens and browsing CDs at a store was still a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaRI8ltS0Ns

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
My experience with music is...well it's an experience. It's not just an auditory stimulation that produces happy feelings. It's a whole neurosystem experience for me. I'm often tempted to use the term 'synesthesia' but I think that might be overselling it a bit.

Take, for instance, Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, a song you don't need a doctorate in literary interpretation to see is a song about addiction. The lyrics tell a story, sure - the words are there - 'this will keep you going for the show', 'just a little pin prick, there'll be no more [sigh of relief] but you may feel a little sick', it's all about being addicted to pain pills. It's all laid out there in a neat little package for the lyric listener.

Then David Gilmour takes over and tells the same story without speaking a word. The guitar solo meanders in an out of minor keys, falling and rising again mirroring the manic states of addiction. david's telling his story and it's being shot right into my heart. I almost always end up wiping away some moisture from my eyes after a listen - my vice was coke, so this specific example hits really close to home.

but then there's times where it goes all weird funky on me. there are a handful of 'deconstructed' versions of some of kesha's songs on a couple of her LPs and she has this haunting quality to her voice when you strip away all the auto tone and poo poo and, even when she's singing about taking over a club, turning the dial up to 11, and ripping the knob off, the particular arrangement of the song is just so well done that it combines with her voice to form this headcanon for me that the party is cover for deep, existential crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aP2J8dUiaM

fuckin weird,eh?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/joint_art/status/1356999151377125376

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

all these years of smoking weed and I never felt any particular draw to any stoner aesthetic

but these, these speak to me

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

i think your dog wants a treat

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

:hmmyes:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

stunt dabs always look so incredibly unpleasant wtf is even the point also that dude wastes a shitload and eats it????

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

Marzzle posted:

stunt dabs always look so incredibly unpleasant wtf is even the point also that dude wastes a shitload and eats it????

He’s going to be very high for a very long time.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

dude no omg

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Marzzle posted:

I think the waste is the point but like seriously my dude, spread the joy there are people out here who would love like one tiny piece of that and you and your dumb bowl cut are out here just eating it? just lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
looks like the oliver tree kid grew up and got way into weed

EDIT: gonna grow into those ears any day now.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Lovelyn posted:

i think your dog wants a treat

those are the actual dog treats next to him, i had one of his catnip laced treats just out of camera so he'd look at it

i walked into the kitchen to him rubbing himself against the bag of cat treats so i figured it was a signal

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Hairy Marionette posted:

He’s going to be very high for a very long time.

I mean eating concentrates doesn't even do anything aaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHRRGGGGGGGGHHHH :mad:

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

Marzzle posted:

I mean eating concentrates doesn't even do anything aaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHRRGGGGGGGGHHHH :mad:

Concentrates can’t be absorbed via the digestive tract?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol when he just desperately tries to eat it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hairy Marionette posted:

Concentrates can’t be absorbed via the digestive tract?

Not unless they have been decarboxylated

e you can eat distillate, for some mysterious reason that's already decarbed

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Feb 4, 2021

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Marzzle posted:

dude probably got intensely high for a very long time from the hit, him eating it was dumb as gently caress though. i'd have had a dish or something to drop it into. i also wouldn't take a wasteful stunt dab though so :shrug:

here's another similar video that made me furious and i expect it will do the same to a lot of people itt (sorry) - fast forward to 9:00 if the link doesn't do that for you automatically:

https://youtu.be/ctgUKeDqUlM?t=543

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

a half-handful of those nugs of conc in that video would probably last me a like loving year. god drat

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Virgil Vox posted:

Y'all discovered yourselves??!!!?! I still have no clue who TF I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

tmfc posted:

dude probably got intensely high for a very long time from the hit, him eating it was dumb as gently caress though. i'd have had a dish or something to drop it into. i also wouldn't take a wasteful stunt dab though so :shrug:

here's another similar video that made me furious and i expect it will do the same to a lot of people itt (sorry) - fast forward to 9:00 if the link doesn't do that for you automatically:

https://youtu.be/ctgUKeDqUlM?t=543

as a CSPAM user, I appreciate content that makes me mad. thank you for your service :911: