Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

that just sucks so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Kaedric posted:

Eh jimmy has a pretty good ratio on bad takes vs good ones. What are people using now to say he's an irredeemable shithead?

there's a separate thread for him since this one can't handle this discussion just like D&D can't handle tara reade's existence.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Timcast/status/1357380718859608068

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol COMPLETE THE CHECK hahahah just fuckin

lmao

liberals are baaaaaaaaack baby

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nothus posted:

Lol at democrats being the ones to use covid to break the teachers unions.

I remember when there were teacher's protests in West Virginia and people predicted that if such a thing ever happened in a Democrat-run state, the hammer-down and the repression would be so much worse

That's what's happening

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
https://youtu.be/RlQpQ33zBkk

Jimmy Dooooore in my thread
Jimmy Dooooore in my thread
Jimmy Dooooore in my THREAD
And it's getting lame
Ir geeeting LAME

When you're seeing Jimmy Dore all the time
You just can't slow things down
And when you're seeing Jimmy Dore in your mind
You just can't slow things down and

All those posts
Are crowding up the succ zone thread
And all those posts
Get a sixer probe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Quetzadilla posted:

there's a separate thread for him since this one can't handle this discussion just like D&D can't handle tara reade's existence.

not sure about making that equivalence, chief

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

When you're posting Tim Pool tweets to try to dunk on AOC you have lost the thread.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it just

it seems unnecessary to means-test away all of the checks AND whittle down the amount they're worth

one or the other would suffice

if only twenty people are getting checks now you might as well make them for the full $2000, why would you ALSO make them less money? It's just mean

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm just so tired of all these Jim Dores

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

nah you gotta link the real poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-DtICmPTY

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

not being ironic i love your story after realizing his last name wasn't pronounced dor-ay

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

if i ever give up on the us system ill just move to another instead of hanging around and complaining about how everyone in office sucks while never getting anyone elected that doesnt

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

what a bunch of coddled loving babies jesus CHRIST

wtf is wrong with you?

I at least had the sense to stop posting where I wasn't wanted & where I was continually shat upon.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

are you posting this ironically, or..?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

how would undocumented people get them anyway? I thought they were given out by the irs

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

loquacius posted:

it just

it seems unnecessary to means-test away all of the checks AND whittle down the amount they're worth

if only twenty people are getting checks now you might as well make them for the full $2000, why would you ALSO make them less money? It's just mean

IT NEVER WAS $2000, JESUS CHRIST *stomps around waving hands*

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

hmmm, i dont exactly love america maybe i should leave after all

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

we will give you your eight grains of sterling to complete the aforementioned total of 78 pennyweight, but first you must answer these riddles three

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Do you guys think Biden actually believes in bipartisanship or at least thinks it’s a winning message?

I figure all other dems just use it as an excuse to not do anything. But Biden might be dumb enough/mush brained enough to believe it.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

tim pool isnt succ, hes just poo poo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

it just

"targeted" is a weasel word

if you reduce the number of people getting checks so that the checks are larger individually, the total pool of money is still the same

if you reduce the size of the checks to negotiate on how many people get checks, the total pool of money is still the same

both of these are correct usage of the concept of "targeted"

when the democrats want to do both, they're not fine-tuning the targeting, they're just making cuts

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

is he in a different time zone?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Raccooon posted:

Do you guys think Biden actually believes in bipartisanship or at least thinks it’s a winning message?

I figure all other dems just use it as an excuse to not do anything. But Biden might be dumb enough/mush brained enough to believe it.

his best friend was strom thurmond. he believes it. he thinks conservative moderate neoliberalism is the answer and it is the us congress's job to enforce it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

pim tool

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/trumwill/status/1357442800841859072

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Raccooon posted:

I believe that Biden (and most of the congressional party) believes that it's a winning message. Only the real sickos like Manchin and Sinema really believe it's good though.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Jimmy Dore is the future, dumb and correct will edge out smart and wrong, we may not live to see it, but that is where we're heading

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir Tonk posted:

if i ever give up on the us system ill just move to another instead of hanging around and complaining about how everyone in office sucks while never getting anyone elected that doesnt

your life is going to continue to get worse every day and the squad are going to look down and laugh as they profit from pretending to fight for you, and you’re falling for it.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I believe that Biden (and most of the congressional party) believes that it's a winning message. Only the real sickos like Manchin and Sinema really believe it's good though.

Who do they think it appeals to? Even poo poo libs I know want to destroy the filibuster to steamroll over republicans.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Willa Rogers posted:

wtf is wrong with you?

I at least had the sense to stop posting where I wasn't wanted & where I was continually shat upon.

i mean that's not what happened (the opposite did really) but if you want to chat about that you know where to find me.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Raccooon posted:

Yes, he absolutely is dumb enough. Felix put it best: a lot of senators and legislators in general suck up to the financial industry and defense contractors and the rest of them for money or other tangible benefits. Biden just does it for a slap on the back and a branded windbreaker.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mcmagic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByaPsDHEWiw

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

this guy succs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Raccooon posted:

Who do they think it appeals to? Even poo poo libs I know want to destroy the filibuster to steamroll over republicans.

conservative olds.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Raccooon posted:

A lot of D voters who voted for Biden in the primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1357426805146345476