Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And honestly, as someone who was essentially a F2P player for a couple months because I just bought BLOPs 2 days ago, maxing out a gun without the base game is not that bad. I think the MAC 10 took about a week or less to complete which was a pretty reasonable timeframe to max a gun out. You just can't pop into a shipment/nuketown and do the whole thing in an hour with a double weapon xp popped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/es...O?ocid=msedgntp

IANAL but this just seems like "hey you can't just use the likeness of a model I also hired once to wear fatigues."

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...
Lost a quad to a stim glitcher last night. Can't believe that's still a thing.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/es...O?ocid=msedgntp

IANAL but this just seems like "hey you can't just use the likeness of a model I also hired once to wear fatigues."

lmao tactical titty streamer lawsuit about videogames. 2021 rules

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe zedra should sue them both for stealing her likeness and photo style from instagram

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I think it's hilarious that Iskra's default skin is in Hijab but you can also unlock one that shows off her flowing mane and cat leggings.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Leveling guns without buying either game is painfully easy. WZ is still the best way to level, BR or Plunder mode. The only reason MP might be necessary is for attachment unlocks that have specific challenges.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

pacerhimself posted:

Leveling guns without buying either game is painfully easy. WZ is still the best way to level, BR or Plunder mode. The only reason MP might be necessary is for attachment unlocks that have specific challenges.

I'm not buying Trearch's tepid game unless it's STEEPLY discounted so I hope I never have to unlock some "while sliding/while in smoke" poo poo without a mosh pit. :(

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 4, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Is there a smart gulag strategy? I've only lost a gulag match once when somehow instantly quick scoped me. But I don't know what constitutes a smart play.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Is there a smart gulag strategy? I've only lost a gulag match once when somehow instantly quick scoped me. But I don't know what constitutes a smart play.

The gulag is terrible and just rewards people who mount on whatever the closest corner is

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Captain Log posted:

There are no smart plays in the current gulag

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Captain Log posted:

If it’s pistols only there could be... but with rifles, lmgs, and fists it’s dumb as hell

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Rebirth Island gulag is so loving superior to the current or former verdansk ones. I wish the whole game just used it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

With sniper rifles in the gulag, rushing to melee works 9/10 times for me. Generally surprises the opponent and they're almost dead before they start trying to melee back.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Random Hero posted:

Lost a quad to a stim glitcher last night. Can't believe that's still a thing.

Lost a trio to one today who then played the spongebob theme at the end menu

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Fart Car '97 posted:

There are no smart plays in the current gulag

Good to know. My strategy of walking slowly around corners and shooting slowly has worked like gangbusters.

Also, I've discovered being anywhere near a big vehicle, even if it is barely moving, will instantly result in a roadkill death.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blackout had the same stupid poo poo where the vehicle hit boxes were way too big and they would kill you even if they were moving at 1 mph and they semi promptly fixed it. I figured WZ would do the same back when it was released, but that was before I realized that they rarely fix thing in WZ and every godawful design decision is actually a feature.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
With the current gulag, if you have car side, go behind the car.

If you don't have car side, try to catch a good timing and rush far left to get a good angle behind the car.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Also the wz hitboxes for vehicles were wildly bad when it first came out and they were improved greatly in the first month.

You used to be able to run through people 5 feet behind solid objects.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

If you don't have car side, try to catch a good timing and rush far left to get a good angle behind the car.

Step forward and go prone against the box on your left. Car guy will inevitably get curious and peek and you have advantage because he's strafing left against you, which is bad.

-or-

Step right and head glitch through the ladder railing and wait for car guy to peek.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Tac sprint jumping around corners with a good enough ADS speed weapon and then pre-aiming while in mid-air to where they likely are lets you contest methodical corner peekers in gulag.

If someone is posted up on a corner and you walk/strafe/peek where they are pre-aiming expect to lose those engagements the vast majority of the time assuming equal skill level.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Do not sleep on the grenades you get, stun+frag in gulag is basically insta-win for me, especially if I'm on non-car side; I stun behind car and then cook frag and blow them up.

On any side though a frag is good, if you know the person is pushing around the bus, cook frag and toss over bus, frags are basically insta-kill if they're reasonably close.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Yeah, I think I've thrown the stun grenade each match. It normally works.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

Also the wz hitboxes for vehicles were wildly bad when it first came out and they were improved greatly in the first month.

You used to be able to run through people 5 feet behind solid objects.

Someone post the videos of people ramming trucks I to the walls of houses and downing people in the attics

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

This patch broke a lot of things in modern warfare, but it sounds like warzone is mostly fine?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I have this great Gulag tactic - Shoot the other guy first.

Seriously, the analysis that goes into where to go in Gulag is crazy; You'll end up analysing and debating things that will only make single digit percentile changes at best of win/lose, when there's huge swing variables in play that'll override them casually (basic aim, move, latency effects) that you could work on. It's fidgeting around the edges.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thats why I do the same thing every time and forgo any thought

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Shockeh posted:

It's fidgeting around the edges.

Like a pig in poo poo, I have found my home.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Shockeh posted:

I have this great Gulag tactic - Shoot the other guy first.

Seriously, the analysis that goes into where to go in Gulag is crazy; You'll end up analysing and debating things that will only make single digit percentile changes at best of win/lose, when there's huge swing variables in play that'll override them casually (basic aim, move, latency effects) that you could work on. It's fidgeting around the edges.

Would you rather get hit by a bus every 11 times you leave your house or every 10k times you leave your house?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've always hated the gulag. Mostly cause it actually counts towards your K/d and there is no feeling in WZ more sour than dropping, being unable to find a gun, dying and losing a gulag so you just have to sit there indefinitely at 0-2. It's a stupid thing to care about but it puts me in a lovely mood unless I can bounce back.

The Nuketown Gulag is next level trash though. At least the original one had multiple configurations and it wasn't all based on a slit between a board and a car. The rebirth one is actually good and should replace it in regular Warzone.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Anyone else having lag issues since the patch? earlier today I couldn't get a game with less than 200 ping, and just tried again tonight, first game was 230ish, second was 120ish and third was 230 again. Tried with different hosts one the second go around too.

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy

MF_James posted:

Anyone else having lag issues since the patch? earlier today I couldn't get a game with less than 200 ping, and just tried again tonight, first game was 230ish, second was 120ish and third was 230 again. Tried with different hosts one the second go around too.

Same! I bought the Modern Warfare on Thursday night (for PS4) , had a fine time then hit the sack. Today, it's been all lag.

And worse yet, looks like all XP gains in Modern Warfare MP are bugged. Meaning, no XP for matches or weapons. Challenges still work but uh, what the gently caress. And Twitter and Reddit are reporting this as widespread, so it's not just me!

I took two years off COD and it's welcoming to see that nothing has changed. Good to be back in the land of busted rear end patches!

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Would you rather get hit by a bus every 11 times you leave your house or every 10k times you leave your house?

This presumes there’s much more to prevent being hit by a bus than stop look listen.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Blackout had the same stupid poo poo where the vehicle hit boxes were way too big and they would kill you even if they were moving at 1 mph and they semi promptly fixed it. I figured WZ would do the same back when it was released, but that was before I realized that they rarely fix thing in WZ and every godawful design decision is actually a feature.

Working as intended.

As for the Nuketown gulag, I saw that you can quickly climb up on the sill outside the window of the house just like in the multiplayer map. Someone did that to me and I had no idea where they were, got killed when I went looking for them. Not sure if that's a good strategy or not but it worked on me.

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

pacerhimself posted:

I have reasonable success from non car side rushing right, peeking the first gap and getting them on the way to the car.

Fists gulag is dumb as gently caress and I'm glad it seems reduced this week.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I got a free bundle in Warzone with a computer monitor charm. It said something like "Only available in Cold War/Warzone."

It won't come up in my Warzone inventory, but every single gun has the blinking green light under customization. Of course when I go into the configuration it's the charm box specifically.

The whole buggy blinking green light thing drives me up the wall.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Captain Log posted:

I got a free bundle in Warzone with a computer monitor charm. It said something like "Only available in Cold War/Warzone."

It won't come up in my Warzone inventory, but every single gun has the blinking green light under customization. Of course when I go into the configuration it's the charm box specifically.

The whole buggy blinking green light thing drives me up the wall.

you can clear new indicators from the loadout menu i think

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

vs Dinosaurs posted:

No, but to stretch this same analogy, I don’t study tides to determine dominant wind direction for the time of year every time I leave the house, because it’ll affect whether the bus arrives +/- 1.3s, because it doesn’t matter.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

MF_James posted:

Yep, been getting disconnected every few matches AND I cannot change my operator since the patch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Hello Spaceman posted:

you can clear new indicators from the loadout menu i think

While I have that option on certain screens, like operators, I don't on the load out screen.

It is driving me up the wall to the point where I'd almost buy Cold War to kill the flashing loving icons.

Fennec Question - I'm trying to unlock the ranger fore grip for any SMG to get started on unlocking the Fennec. I'm at 41 levels on the uzi and still waiting for it.

In Modern Warfare, what's the SMG of choice?