Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
they specifically made ap twitch into a thing because they felt like throwing another goofy meme build into the game and thats unironically commendable as hell and something they should do more of

Monicro fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Monicro posted:

they specifically made ap twitch into a thing because they felt like throwing another goofy meme build into the game and thats unironically commendable as hell and something they should do more of

Yeah this is something I think they should definitely do more of. For example they could give Mister Yi AP scaling on his Q and W, that would be extremely cool and good.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah this is something I think they should definitely do more of. For example they could give Mister Yi AP scaling on his Q and W, that would be extremely cool and good.

we're many years gone from the old days of ap yi. he is dead and gone, and we must keep it that way.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Do we have a dedicated TFT thread?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Their stated goal is to make more builds viable on more champions, and I am all for it. I'm a sucker for jank

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Vandar posted:

Do we have a dedicated TFT thread?

Yeah

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920058&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=6

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monicro posted:

but they killed ap kog maw for no other reason than that i was becoming too powerful in real life

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

that is when you simply main on-hit lulu, the greatest champion ever designed

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lulu is cool but its different. if i want to drink a coke you cant say "squid sure you might like to drink coke but have you ever JACKED OFF?"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
drinking coke is both disgusting and morally wrong

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Invalid Validation posted:

Now imagine just being good without a lovely troll build. Those builds are just clickbait for league.

they have a lot in common with really bad fad diets

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why do build guides no longer recommend Nashor's on Kai'sa? Is evolving her W no longer worth it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kaisa is being played as a pure crit adc because the itemization is way better. her W upgrade is fun but considering she is used almost purely as a dive character instead of a poke champ its kind of irrelevant to her

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
soeaking of clever off-meta picks, I wish I'd tried AP Nunu with the buffs sooner because it's :discourse:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

rabidsquid posted:

kaisa is being played as a pure crit adc because the itemization is way better. her W upgrade is fun but considering she is used almost purely as a dive character instead of a poke champ its kind of irrelevant to her

Would Rageblade work on current Kai'sa then? Or does her passive not do enough damage to be worth it without AP investement?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

unfortunately i will never know math so i couldn't tell you, but it appears that nobody is building it on her

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Thanks!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SirSamVimes posted:

Would Rageblade work on current Kai'sa then? Or does her passive not do enough damage to be worth it without AP investement?

No, because crit is so powerful right now that unless you're going fully into the on-hit path losing the ability to crit is just too big a price. You want to dive into the backline and explode a carry with a Q and 1-2 autos, which is why the current thing is rushing the Q evolve by getting a Serrated Dirk before you finish your Noonquiver item.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Importantly for Kai'sa, Rageblade also badly fucks up her build path now that it no longer provides any flat AD on its own. You pretty much have to go Kraken/Galeforce into Collector, at which point you may as well just keep going into Runaan's as it is.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Apparently there's a new idea about doing kraken -> phantom dancer which instantly evolves your Q and E since the buff at the cost of no longer being able to get an early Q from dirk, might give that a go in my next game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I feel like kraken is prioritized too much by bad ADCs when galeforce exists. Not just the active but getting some actual movespeed is hella nice as well over a paltry amount of AS.

I take galeforce on every ADC now because it's the only thing that helps me live in these hellish midgame teamfights.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
every ADC that doesn't just get huge free damage from their kits sucks and thereby kraken is a waste of time

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

How Rude posted:

I feel like kraken is prioritized too much by bad ADCs when galeforce exists. Not just the active but getting some actual movespeed is hella nice as well over a paltry amount of AS.

I take galeforce on every ADC now because it's the only thing that helps me live in these hellish midgame teamfights.

passives are better than actives for bad players because you can't forget to use them :eng101:
that's why Riot removed 90% of the non-mythic actives in the game

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

in fairness, supports were a bit overloaded with actives

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Honestly the removal of actives is bad, and the prioritaisation of passive items is bad.

Particularly things like grevious wounds being passive makes it impossible to balance - Either healing is too strong and you can't burst people, or healing is totally useless and you should never use it. The difference between the two is probably about 10% GW.

Really they should of made all the grevious wounds 100%, but make it active and lasts 3 seconds or something./

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Really they should of made all the grevious wounds 100%, but make it active and lasts 3 seconds or something./

this would have the exact same problem

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My experience with AP twitch is supporting one as Leona, getting a really good engage at level 5 or 6, the target I engaged on took practically zero damage and I looked at twitch's items and he had a blasting wand and I went "Oh that's why"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

as a Twitch main my strategy is definitely built around the idea that I will never actually do damage but everyone on my team and the enemy team will assume that I do

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Bleck posted:

as a Twitch main my strategy is definitely built around the idea that I will never actually do damage but everyone on my team and the enemy team will assume that I do

false damage

strong bird
May 12, 2009

phantom damage

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the worst thing in the game is when a team ffs because they have a slight disadvantage. apparently being behind by three kills means victory is impossible

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
There's good reasons to call a surrender vote even when you're ahead on paper. When you can't wrangle the "victorious" cats and effectively put pressure on objectives, it's easy to see the loss coming 10 minutes before it actually happens

I am sometimes pleasantly surprised, but a recent Baron buffed Soraka split push that took 2 towers, an inhib, and brought the nexus towers to half health, before my team decided to win with me, really drove home why I usually decide to take carries in the support role

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 5, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want to thank the people who were absolutely stomping me in ranked who all voted to surrender as they were winning, thanks buddies!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

There's good reasons to call a surrender vote even when you're ahead on paper.

No there aren't

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm in ~the bad zone~ and won matches where we were down 8 kills and lost a match where we were up 15 kills so unless its looking to be a sub 10 minute stomp I never surrender

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm not a "never surrender" guy, but if you vote yes on a surrender and go on to win the game, the game should auto-vote no on surrenders for you for a month. It means you're bad at surrendering and don't deserve the privilege

The difference between a climbing player and a stuck player is whether you win 50% or 52% of your games, so never having a comeback win basically caps how often you can win

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Door Frame posted:

There's good reasons to call a surrender vote even when you're ahead on paper. When you can't wrangle the "victorious" cats and effectively put pressure on objectives, it's easy to see the loss coming 10 minutes before it actually happens

I am sometimes pleasantly surprised, but a recent Baron buffed Soraka split push that took 2 towers, an inhib, and brought the nexus towers to half health, before my team decided to win with me, really drove home why I usually decide to take carries in the support role

Surrendering isn't for when you might lose, or even if you'll probably lose. Surrendering is for when you believe there is no longer any hope of victory.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I like playing with my usual group because we're consistently a 5 stack for hours with people rotating in and out but they are WAY too eager to through out an ff at 15 to get out of a game one or two people are finding un-fun. Totally not what surrenders are for.

Not coincidentally, all but three of them are deathly afraid of ranked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

You can be a dozen kills ahead, but if you can't effectively group and bring down a single objective, the gold advantage doesn't really mean all that much in the grand scheme of things if the other team actually can. I've watched too many games like that go south to not call for a surrender vote that I know won't pass when I see the loss coming