Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Dangit, only a few frames of Grandpa Snake. I was looking forward to the memes.

He's a good grandpa though, living his best life but still making time for his grandchildren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

getting unagi for dinner today

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Omnicrom posted:

Also shout outs to chubby Nadeshiko. The Kirby comparisons remain incredibly apt.
I guess she's always been quite cheeky

Bonus:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Show's upped it's visual gags with some classic anime and looney tunes gags this season

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Show's upped it's visual gags with some classic anime and looney tunes gags this season

Yeah they've loosened up the style to allow more comedy, which is good.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:10bux:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That's actually a hundo. Conversion rate is about 1 usd:100 jpy.

Which is great for conversions, 1 yen is about 1 cent.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Chihayayuru

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
This show has upped the face gags and I am down for it.

That or I don’t remember the first season all that well and need to rewatch it. Where’s my drat Blu-Rays?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Talking pinecones were finally taken to their logical conclusion this ep

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Rin is history's greatest monster and Nadeshiko is everyone's wife, apparently

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

things we already knew

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Caribou-kun's stand is very powerful

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

StandardVC10 posted:

Rin is history's greatest monster and Nadeshiko is everyone's wife, apparently

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they wanted “Nabeshiko” to be everyone’s wife. Normal Nadeshiko? Get outta town.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1359688618349109253?s=19

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1359688871391469568?s=09

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1359689120252112899?s=19

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
That’s me whenever I go out to eat.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Appreciate the one animator who got really horny for Nadeshiko's hot older sister right at the end there

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Appreciate the one animator who got really horny for Nadeshiko's hot older sister right at the end there

One?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

To be honest I wasn't even past the preview thumbnail when this episode sold me

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Catching up, I see Alite got a bunch of free advertising, again.

A pity they went out of business and fell off the face of the earth at the end of 2019. They were genuinely pretty good chairs, I have the one with the front legs in that same color and model.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Relevant Amiami order just came in a month later due to shipping.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I thought grilled avocado sounded amazing so the follow up made me laugh a lot.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

I thought grilled avocado sounded amazing so the follow up made me laugh a lot.

I don't cook with avocado but I guess there's a reason why it's almost always used in a cold dish or as a side or topping in a hot dish. I imagine it gets really gooey and oxidizes really quickly when you heat it.

Also, buying a full-size Caribou-kun? :swoon: If only it didn't cost ¥360,000 (I could sort of justify for half that just for the gimmick), probably didn't cost an arm and a leg to ship it overseas, I had an actual place to put it when not taking it camping, and were actually real.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Episode 8 was one of the better ones so far, I watched it a second time this morning. Goofy faces are on point too

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought that was actually one of the best episodes of either season to date. Show's been effortlessly meeting my highest expectations.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Edward IV posted:

Also, buying a full-size Caribou-kun? :swoon: If only it didn't cost ¥360,000 (I could sort of justify for half that just for the gimmick), probably didn't cost an arm and a leg to ship it overseas, I had an actual place to put it when not taking it camping, and were actually real.

On that note, when episode 5 aired, I figured whatever background store they were using for the Caribou might be real, checked google maps, and found it's actually a camping store called MontBell. The store is indeed right next to the radar dome, and it has a giant bear instead of a Caribou.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...5!4d138.8034364

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Daedalus1134 posted:

On that note, when episode 5 aired, I figured whatever background store they were using for the Caribou might be real, checked google maps, and found it's actually a camping store called MontBell.

MontBell does have some US locations, although some have closed.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

YURU CAMP VR GAME

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1514360/LaidBack_Camp__Virtual__Lake_Motosu/

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man for the first time I want a VR headset

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Holy poo poo Rin, getting up at 3 AM? That's dedication.

I mean yeah, her grandpa did too, but he's Solid Snake, so of course he does things like that.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Dangit, only a few frames of Grandpa Snake. I was looking forward to the memes.

Lots of him this week

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice
There was a new 11 minutes long Room Camp last week that popped up on my list. I believe it's set before the main show and felt like partly an advertisement for a 3 wheel motorbike.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

McGrady posted:

There was a new 11 minutes long Room Camp last week that popped up on my list. I believe it's set before the main show and felt like partly an advertisement for a 3 wheel motorbike.

It seemed like it was set during the short time skip this week to me, actually. Rin only got her Moped a few episodes into season one, and this episode had a bit about her father talking about taking the moped in for maintenance which is the reason why Rin had her three-wheeler for the short.

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice

Omnicrom posted:

It seemed like it was set during the short time skip this week to me, actually. Rin only got her Moped a few episodes into season one, and this episode had a bit about her father talking about taking the moped in for maintenance which is the reason why Rin had her three-wheeler for the short.

Ah, I haven't seen the newest episode yet. I thought she had her moped earlier, plus the haircut, and line about just getting a bike license threw me off since I assumed she needed one for the moped in the first place.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
Everyone in this is so drat cute, even Grandpa Snake.

Also

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Greblin posted:

Everyone in this is so drat cute, even Grandpa Snake.

Also

an extremely powerful rin

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The entire time I was watching I was going “how the hell did Ena know? Did Nadeshiko take a picture and Ena notice them in the background?”

Cue the post credits and she works at a convenience store where Nadeshiko’s mom gabs was a great reveal.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The Black Stones posted:

The entire time I was watching I was going “how the hell did Ena know? Did Nadeshiko take a picture and Ena notice them in the background?”

Cue the post credits and she works at a convenience store where Nadeshiko’s mom gabs was a great reveal.
Seriously, the show answering how Ena knew Rin was spying on Nadeshiko, what her job was, and what did Rin's mom look like when she rode in the final minute was amazing(ly efficient).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The Black Stones posted:

Coaaab posted:

Seriously, the show answering how Ena knew Rin was spying on Nadeshiko, what her job was, and what did Rin's mom look like when she rode in the final minute was amazing(ly efficient).

I knew it was coming because I read the manga (and it was shown as the last couple of pages in a chapter that ended a volume, so it had a similar kind of reveal), but yeah, it was very well done.