Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The_Doctor posted:

SWORD should reveal they have a knockoff Vision called Aaron Stack.

If they make Machine Man I want Matt Smith to play him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I keep hearing people say they now want a Jimmy Woo/Darcy Lewis show where they just team up to solve weird things in the MCU and it's like

y'all really don't remember AoS season 1, do ya

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

BrianWilly posted:

y'all really don't remember AoS season 1, do ya

I try not to outside of Bill Paxton’s role.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay the pictures of Baby Vision are god drat hilarious.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well that was certainly unsettling.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Whooo boy, that was quite the episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So mentioning Captain Marvel to Monica struck a nerve.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Whooo boy, that was quite the episode.

Reverse-House of M :getin:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

Reverse-House of M :getin:

No, more mutants!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like Visions floppy 80s hair. It's very Julian Glover in Scrooged.

Also, the house is Growning Pains right? I remember the Family Ties one looking different, though I think that was mostly in the Kitchen? I haven't seen any of these shows in 30 years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
That episode might be the best yet. Great balance of sitcom, outside the bubble, and sitcom gone wrong/creepy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

No, more mutants!

I think it's going to end up being Multiverse shattering more so than "No, more mutants"/House of M, but regardless of what happens people are going to be in for a baaaaaadddd loving time once we get to the "Your kids aren't real" portion of the festivities.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
the scene with Wanda coming out to return the drone really showed how loving scary she can be when she wants, and yeah, if we do the "Wanda, the kids aren't real" thing it's gonna be bad for the MCU in the best possible way. Also I like that even with her show of force to the agents of SWORD, the show still went out of the way to say she doesn't know how it started, so I sense foul play from someone else even with Wanda being quite villainous herself

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I have to imagine the scene of Wanda confronting SWORD was directly inspired by Magneto vs. the police from the first X-Men movie just to setup the Pietro reveal later.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It's looking to me like some outside force started all this but Wanda overpowered it and took control. Maybe Agnus?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

the scene with Wanda coming out to return the drone really showed how loving scary she can be when she wants, and yeah, if we do the "Wanda, the kids aren't real" thing it's gonna be bad for the MCU in the best possible way. Also I like that even with her show of force to the agents of SWORD, the show still went out of the way to say she doesn't know how it started, so I sense foul play from someone else even with Wanda being quite villainous herself

Yea I think that when she came out of the Hex, this was some kind of defensive part of herself, the same one that threw Monica out of it. That when the 'reality' of the show is challenged, this part of her asserts herself. It's sorta like Jane in Doom Patrol, but rather than it being a consensual decision to go into a new personality, it comes out when needed. Probably her angry, vindictive side, the one that offed Ultron in a cruel manner is seperate from the caring, heroic one that Cap sees in her.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

twistedmentat posted:

I like Visions floppy 80s hair. It's very Julian Glover in Scrooged.

Also, the house is Growning Pains right? I remember the Family Ties one looking different, though I think that was mostly in the Kitchen? I haven't seen any of these shows in 30 years.

I think more Family Ties, for some reason I think of that as a house with a more wood panelled/brownish interior and Growing Pains as more white paint.

Though the theme song for this week somehow got way more than just one vibe to it. It's really good.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

My theory right now is that the Wanda who ransacked SWORD to get Vision's body, aka the Wanda who threatened everyone at the border, is an imposter disguised as her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

seaborgium posted:

I think more Family Ties, for some reason I think of that as a house with a more wood panelled/brownish interior and Growing Pains as more white paint.

Though the theme song for this week somehow got way more than just one vibe to it. It's really good.

I think what's throwing me off is I remember most of Family Ties happening in the back of the house, the kitchen/dining area and Growing Pains with the front of the house. Though having a staircase right there was common because it created an easy place for characters too appear from.

But holy poo poo god drat what the gently caress Quicksilver, and its X-men Quicksilver! Now seriously, everything is off the table. Elliot Page showing up as Kitty? Sophie Turner as Jean? That would be hilarious "I know what its like to go crazy and destroy everything, like seriously, i know exactly what you're going through. Or even real long shots like Jackman, Stewart or McKellan? Seriously, Evan Peter's showing up opens a huge door. And I'm perdicting that this is legit, Peter Maximoff from Fox X-men universe, that Wanda plucked out of time and space, and not just a construct that is based on him.

God drat next friday can't come fast enough.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

All the SWORD agents were so busy freaking out about Wanda coming out of the dome that they missed her speech about how she doesn't know how it started and she doesn't have control of the majority of the people but she has decided to keep with it. It allows her to have grief as a reason while still being actively malicious.

I really enjoyed the bit with Woo/Monica/Darcy discovering Wanda's realitybending. Seems like they are going with her rearranging existing materials with the Kevlar clothing. Woo is definitely a moviegoer insert, his lines about Wanda and Carol vs Thanos were straight off a message board post endgame.

Vision revealing he didn't have any pre-hex memories was scary and a little rapey (ww84), he doesn't have the 3 years of relationship building and is basically a child. I think it means after the series ends we will get a grey vision analogue. Lets us get a cool character back but with a serious impact from his death

it's funny that they'll probably get to "hex magic" from it being a literal hexagon, and they had the discussion about whether she had a "superhero name". The head of SWORD managed to frame Wanda's life as purely antagonistic. Going straight to doming her with a drone was pretty mental too.

this episode was genuinely anxiety inducing, and I was genuinely shocked when she walked out of the dome

Great episode. Shame the actor twist at the end was so heavily leaked.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

And so the great X-Men merging begins.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

BrianWilly posted:

My theory right now is that the Wanda who ransacked SWORD to get Vision's body, aka the Wanda who threatened everyone at the border, is an imposter disguised as her.

Why? I can't see any arguments in favor of that theory. This seems unsubstantiated at best.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 5, 2021

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m mildly bummed that we haven’t had this guy as a guest star yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The shots of Vision in SWORD custody suggested they were taking him apart, as he looked like he was in pieces in a lab. Probably going to found out they were loving around with him seeing how he worked and trying to rebuild him under their control. Also an early theory I had was that AIM was inside of SWORD like Hydra was inside SHIELD. That's why the guy became a beekeeper, because Wanda knew that he was in AIM from taking control of him. But you don't need to be AIM to do sneaky evil science.

Gonz posted:

I’m mildly bummed that we haven’t had this guy as a guest star yet.

When Wanda starts the credits while Vision is yelling at her that its not over reminds me so much of Too Many Cooks

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

The shots of Vision in SWORD custody suggested they were taking him apart, as he looked like he was in pieces in a lab.

That was pretty hosed up; it probably didn't do good things to her mental wellbeing, or her image of SWORD as friendly people who just want to help.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sammus posted:

That was pretty hosed up; it probably didn't do good things to her mental wellbeing, or her image of SWORD as friendly people who just want to help.

Which would explain why Monica was accepted because Wanda could tell that she was not part of that SWORD. If Wanda invaded the minds of Darcy and Woo she'd probably get a similar result.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

jivjov posted:

No, more mutants!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Which would explain why Monica was accepted because Wanda could tell that she was not part of that SWORD. If Wanda invaded the minds of Darcy and Woo she'd probably get a similar result.

You're right! Another thing that might be used to tie them together is that they got snapped and both came back to a lost loved one. Monica's mother died while she was snapped. That fresh grief would be an excellent motivation to bond them.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Lol, you are gonna use a drone to take out the one person who drat near soloed Thanos.

No more mutants?

No,... More Mutants!

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

So in-universe did they livestream the endgame battle?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why? I can't see any arguments in favor of that theory. This seems unsubstantiated at best.
It's just kind of a weird blip (:v:) for Wanda to be with her boys in one moment, outside of Westfiew in the next moment, and then back looking for the dog as if she hadn't actually gone anywhere. Which would make sense if she hadn't gone anywhere and the Wanda we saw outside the Hex (:allears:) was in fact just a different person.

The speech she gave to the twins, about how you can't reverse death, also doesn't really square with her mindset of just using her powers to do whatever she wants.

Also, Wanda seemed to acknowledge that was in fact controlling everything when speaking to SWORD, but later seemed to suggest to Vision that she's not truly the one in control here. (This point relies on trusting that she's being truthful to Vision, though, which is dubious) (All the same though, I think we can believe she's genuinely surprised to see "Pietro" and that his return was outside of her control)

It would also explain why Wanda even knew Vision was being kept with SWORD in the first place.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Wanda's speech about the dog was just because she can raise the dead or age the kids, she won't always because she wants to keep with the rules of her new reality. If you rewatch it's pretty clear she can definitely do it if she wants to.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

twistedmentat posted:

When Wanda starts the credits while Vision is yelling at her that its not over reminds me so much of Too Many Cooks

I loved that Wanda's line to Vision, which was pretty sinister/creepy, got a big audience applause/cheer to mark the start of the credits, since she was trying desperately to wrap up the argument and maintain the illusion of a happy life where everything is just fine. Having the credits rolling over that while Vision just keeps going after her trying to get her to actually talk to him honestly till he bursts through door out of "make-up" and the credits just snap off was fantastic.

Also, of all the unsettling ways things have been "reset" in prior episodes, I was most creeped out by how this one went with Agnes literally turning awkwardly to Wanda and openly asking her if she wanted to do another take.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 5, 2021

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

BurritoJustice posted:

Wanda's speech about the dog was just because she can raise the dead or age the kids, she won't always because she wants to keep with the rules of her new reality. If you rewatch it's pretty clear she can definitely do it if she wants to.
It's the mindset that's off to me. If she really was just some grief-stricken madwoman who's shaping reality to her whim, why would she care about whether it's right or wrong to bring back the dog? If it breaks the "rules" of her sitcom reality, why not just rewrite those rules? Why would this specifically overstep any bounds?

And yeah, like, there are just moments here and there, like the one with Agnes in this episode, that seem to portray Wanda as being just as genuinely confused about what just happened as everyone else.

It's just a theory, mind.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

radlum
May 13, 2013
So the kids are they made out of all the other children of Westview?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm a simple man, after they gave the name of Wanda and Pietro's parents this episode, I want next episode to have Pietro get confused and say their dad's name is Eric.

Yes, all I ask for is a simple line and for Michael Fassbender to show up, that's not too much to ask!

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

So this episode makes me feel more confidant in my Legion theory.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

It's just kind of a weird blip (:v:) for Wanda to be with her boys in one moment, outside of Westfiew in the next moment, and then back looking for the dog as if she hadn't actually gone anywhere. Which would make sense if she hadn't gone anywhere and the Wanda we saw outside the Hex (:allears:) was in fact just a different person.

The speech she gave to the twins, about how you can't reverse death, also doesn't really square with her mindset of just using her powers to do whatever she wants.

Also, Wanda seemed to acknowledge that was in fact controlling everything when speaking to SWORD, but later seemed to suggest to Vision that she's not truly the one in control here. (This point relies on trusting that she's being truthful to Vision, though, which is dubious) (All the same though, I think we can believe she's genuinely surprised to see "Pietro" and that his return was outside of her control)

It would also explain why Wanda even knew Vision was being kept with SWORD in the first place.

The Twins don't exist if she's not thinking about them, if we're going by the original 'rules' about how this plays out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

God imagine if Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness is just the main half of the House of M storyline with Doctor Strange going around restoring all the Heroes memories to fight Wanda