Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

11 republicans voted with the democratic house members to remove marjorie green from her committee seats.

Just two years ago, a majority of House Republicans voted to strip Steve King for defending white supremacy. Now only 11 vote against someone who advocates assassinating other House members and supported an attempted coup which would have resulted in the murder of other House members.

And 61 voted to remove archconservative Liz Cheney for not sucking the orange mushroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I don’t even know what’s a parody or what’s actually a conservative fighting a windmill of their own creation anymore

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1357342686403911681?s=20

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I don’t even know what’s a parody or what’s actually a conservative fighting a windmill of their own creation anymore

It has to be parody. Personally I get my food from McDowell's

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Is this new Wesley Willis?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Is this new Wesley Willis?

That is what passes for a reporter at Newsmax, apparently!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nobody gives a poo poo (and no one should anyhow) about the filet o fish until it's practically lent, then the catholics hate on anyone that doesn't have a fish sandwich on fridays for 6-7 weeks a year.

I'm craving fried catfish. Been a while since I had that.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wtf does this mean

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo (and no one should anyhow) about the filet o fish until it's practically lent, then the catholics hate on anyone that doesn't have a fish sandwich on fridays for 6-7 weeks a year.

Wrong. Fish Filets are one of a handful of McD's items I enjoy.

So I started a poo poo storm on an IG page because I dared say that the military has a problem with White Supremacists. Not like there is an annual report on it.

Cue a bunch of White Supremacists trying to defend it.

"Sorry your life is so sad that you can't take pride in your own accomplishments, amd instead brag about accomplishments that you had no hand in beyond genetic lottery."

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Wtf does this mean

upper income isnt defined yet, but theyre going to be means tested cheques

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

600 was a down payment on your 600 more based on your pre covid income, and if you don't think that's keeping a promise for 2000 you're the rear end in a top hat

I keep refreshing this thread waiting for the "promises kept" crowd to say "lol whoops I was wrong" but that has not happened yet

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

taco bell has the superior lent menu anyways

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

My daughter is dating a first generation Mexican Immigrant. They've been together for awhile, but it was hysterical when one of his cousin's asked what her favorite Mexican food was.

"Taco Bell"

His family is still confused why a teenage White Girl would want a Cheesy Gordita Crunch over real, home cooked Mexican.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just two years ago, a majority of House Republicans voted to strip Steve King for defending white supremacy. Now only 11 vote against someone who advocates assassinating other House members and supported an attempted coup which would have resulted in the murder of other House members.

And 61 voted to remove archconservative Liz Cheney for not sucking the orange mushroom.
I imagine their calculus is that in 2018, they took a bath, but in 2020, they did very well in the election, so obviously the secret ingredient is more Trump.

We shall see.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

His family is still confused why a teenage White Girl would want a Cheesy Gordita Crunch over real, home cooked Mexican.

Not that I claim to be a white girl, teenaged or otherwise, but fam... have you had a cheesy gordita crunch?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

Not that I claim to be a white girl, teenaged or otherwise, but fam... have you had a cheesy gordita crunch?

its p. much their best item

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bulletsponge13 posted:

Cheesy gordita crunch rules, that's probably why.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I ignore lent now, but I'd rather eat taco bell over most places' lent related offerings anyhow.

Maybe Arby's still has that hot fish sandwich. It was that bullshit "Nashville hot" one last time I had one. I spent 10 years in/around Nashville and nothing there was hot besides midnight fried chicken at like, 2 places, until 5 years ago.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

It's his thing, don't worry about it.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

For sure, if Bezos’ climate pledge equaled his divorce payout I’d take it more seriously.

:lol:

I had to google McFish because I was pretty sure they had a different name for the fish sandwich...yeah. Fillet o Fish. Amazing.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 5, 2021

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/marceldirsus/status/1357385333378285568

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That did it. I’ve finally crack pinged.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nessus posted:

I imagine their calculus is that in 2018, they took a bath, but in 2020, they did very well in the election, so obviously the secret ingredient is more Trump.

We shall see.

Yeah that's basically it. Republicans are betting that their path back includes redistricting, an off-year election in an all-D government, state-level voting restrictions, and Donnie-level turnout. They're also likely betting that Biden gets the pandemic under some semblance of control, and the economy along with it, which means they *absolutely have* to have Donnie's turnout.

The particularly funny case is McCarthy - he really, really wants to be Speaker of the House in 2022. That will likely come down to just a few seats if it happens, then he'll need the 5-10 wingnuts to vote for him, and they hate his guts. So you'll have Jordan, Gaetz, or some other donniefuck shiv McCarthy right in the back and he's too dumb to know it's going to happen yet.

Edit: https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1357538623990730754?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 5, 2021

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Wtf does this mean

I believe in effect, nothing, since the amendment by itself doesn't set a number, it just empowers the chair of the budget committee to set one.

No points for remembering who the chair of the budget committee is.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that's basically it. Republicans are betting that their path back includes redistricting, an off-year election in an all-D government, state-level voting restrictions, and Donnie-level turnout. They're also likely betting that Biden gets the pandemic under some semblance of control, and the economy along with it, which means they *absolutely have* to have Donnie's turnout.

I'd feel better about this if the democrats wanted to win elections instead of ????

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

That song rules

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

The particularly funny case is McCarthy - he really, really wants to be Speaker of the House in 2022. That will likely come down to just a few seats if it happens, then he'll need the 5-10 wingnuts to vote for him, and they hate his guts. So you'll have Jordan, Gaetz, or some other donniefuck shiv McCarthy right in the back and he's too dumb to know it's going to happen yet.

Edit: https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1357538623990730754?s=19

"magnate"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Cheesy gordita crunch rules, that's probably why.

I'm baked and really want a cheesy gordita crunch now but the nearest taco bell doesn't seem to be on any delivery apps here :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hell yeah it does

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does the house booting Greene from her committee set any precedent that's going to have the Republicans booting half the Democrats from everything for being "communists" when they get power again?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

this would be improved by removing trump

stop using his image in everything

stop giving that dumb gently caress power in any form

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

fknlo posted:

Does the house booting Greene from her committee set any precedent that's going to have the Republicans booting half the Democrats from everything for being "communists" when they get power again?

No more so than anything else. Unless something big changes, legislative gridlock is only going to get worse and the system will continue to rot.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
:lol:

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1357552129167290369?s=19

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cheesy gordita crunch was better when they had the fiery dorito tacos. Sad to see them go.

fknlo posted:

When Democrats start calling for assassination of the opposition, maybe. AOC proposing legislation is not equivalent but gently caress if Republicans care they'll draw that equivalency anyway because gently caress you.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This is the so loving dumb

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

Cheesy gordita crunch was better when they had the fiery dorito tacos. Sad to see them go.

When Democrats start calling for assassination of the opposition, maybe. AOC proposing legislation is not equivalent but gently caress if Republicans care they'll draw that equivalency anyway because gently caress you.

Cheesy gordita crunch is still there.

And yeah they already are. They tried to get Ilhan Omar booted for something she said about Israel what feels like a lifetime ago. Also chuds are already running rampant saying AOC lied about hiding in her office for fear for her life.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think he was referring to asking for a CGC using the Fiery Doritos shell. You can always order a CGC even when they're not on the menu.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have managed to get myself banned from two SOF message boards by talking about bad about Trump.

One is a board that is peopled predominantly by former SOF personnel, the other is one that is composed of both former and current. The one that has the currents has gone private, so you have to join to read.

I don't mean to suggest the entirety of SOF is composed of Qunts, but I do think there is a very serious problem here.

To wit: a group of people who are highly trained, who have been trained to see themselves as the best, and the heroes in the story, when put into ridiculous situations and wars where they cannot win, are going to find ways to make themselves into the heroes of their stories. Is that too much?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think he was referring to asking for a CGC using the Fiery Doritos shell. You can always order a CGC even when they're not on the menu.

On reread you're right and I'm a bad goon because I don't like doritos and will only eat them when I'm starving.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I love poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/uafairbanks/status/1357505644333420545?s=20

Some researchers found glass beads from Venice originating in the 1400s in an ancient Native American site in Alaska.

Seems likely that the beads got traded from Venice to Russia and then across the Bering into AK, before Columbus ever came across.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fknlo posted:

Yeah kind of but part of finding their spine again means Democrats are taking tentative steps towards doing what's right despite pundits clutching the pearls about "but then the Republicans can do it!"

As if the GOP gives a poo poo about precedent and norms and traditions.

"Better not do anything about insanity and treason that's happening right now because maybe at some point in the future the Republicans will be mean to you!"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:smith:

https://twitter.com/NatureMicrobiol/status/1357651889932935168?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That Works posted:

I love poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/uafairbanks/status/1357505644333420545?s=20

Some researchers found glass beads from Venice originating in the 1400s in an ancient Native American site in Alaska.

Seems likely that the beads got traded from Venice to Russia and then across the Bering into AK, before Columbus ever came across.

:piss: